Weird leader choices

Weird leader choices.

Other urls found in this thread:

ancienthistory.about.com/od/alexanderarticles/ss/031211-What-Color-Was-Alexander-The-Greats-Hair.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wrong board, go to /pol

yeah, needs some more glorious nog leaders like... wait a moment

>Greece
>A wymon

Wtf do they actually care about history?

Also why are the Vikings so shit I want raiding to be fun

>Everyone woman is white
>Males are 50% white, 50% non-white

What did they mean by this?

Look at all those minorities, damn SJWs and their diversity quotas.

I would totally rock Gilgamesh though.

Why does every leaders face look like a Youtube thumbnail? Clearly this game is for 12 year olds.

>Egypt in the middle east
>Germany has just combat bonusses and no production bonusses

I can't be the only one that thinks Gorgo is sexy right?

Shaka Zulu, the leader of Mali they had in Civ V, Haile Selassie of Ethiopia. There now you have four.

...Wait that's not right, Egypt IS supposed to be in the middle east.

God damn Mandela effect.

It's full of dumbass mudslimes blowing each other up, it's all the same.

What???
You know the pyramids are on the Afrikan continent right
Look at pic related all red dots are pyramids, there are non in the middle east

Is this a joke?

Some of those perks are kinda odd. Gorgo is just strange, gandhi is weird (but he's a meme), saladin was a fighter more than anything, pedro is weird.

What the actual fuck were they thinking with this art style

Also here are the continental plates so you can see where Afrika stops and starts

trying to appeal to the tumblr market.

How do they know this shit?

I... you realise the Middle East is a cultural distinction right?

Seismic readings, to put it simply.

>no SEA
Shit.

Yes, but just because its islamic doesnt mean its in the middle east

That's not the only reason why it's in the Middle East, its part of the Fertile Crescent among other reasons. Literally google the term "Middle East."

>Not even a single blonde leader
>Not even the god damn viking dude
What the fuck

Also let's not forget the origin of the term "Middle East" came from the name of British bases in Cairo.

>Medici

I remember that being Italian.

married french king

Hey baby Jadwiga wanna fuck?

Blonde is a meme hair color
I can't even think of a famous blonde military leader

okay things I know about:
Hojo Takamune greatest reformer japan new before meiji, man basically created judicial system in 13th c., and reformed whole land ownership(it goen to shit with backwards reforms but still)
Peter the great creator of navy in russia, opened sea routes for russia, made russia an empire in one generation, basically chengiskhan of russia

how are these choices weird?

wasn't macedonian blonde?

Don't forget Hojo defended japan against the mongols with the God Power of Seastorm

Gorgo, Catherine de Medici, and Gandhi weren't leaders. Jadwiga is really pushing the definition of leader. Gilgamesh and Tomirys may not have existed.

the first one
second one was more complicated, tehre is even extensive scientific analysis of weather patterns that somewhat proves that second invasion didn't drown and was repelled as military effort, they built walls on the beach to fight mongols, things got weird

>Jadwiga
I know nothing of Poland, why isn't she considered a leader?
And Gandhi has been in Civ in over a decade

This has absolutely nothing to do with Sup Forums. Stop ruining threads.

Obviously the devs have made highly political choices rather than historical or otherwise reasonable.

What annoys me is that so many of those face models look simply so retarded. Like de Medici and Victoria - very, very strange buggy eye proportions with barely existent noses.

Man I feel dumb for never questioning Ghandi desu

The Middle East is made up of Egypt and the countries in the Arabian Peninsula. That's it. Your argument that just because they're islamic doesn't mean that they're in the Middle East applies to places like North Africa and South Asia, not Egypt.

>Poland beign known for religious tolerance
>bonus to religious conversion

But Civ6 is ok.
I would love to see more decent r34 with Cleopatra

She was 11 when she became king (became king for legal reasons despite being female). Her main achievement was marrying a duke of Lithuania and uniting the countries. She died at like 25 from childbirth and her husband did all of the ruling. Legally she was the official ruler, though.

Alexander the Great ring any bells idiot?

Extra odd, as Harald was described as blonde.

When will we get Hitler's Reich?

Still better than Gorgo I guess

You know that will never happen for obvious reasons

Have they released mod tools yet?

>Gilgamesh
We've found Uruk, with ruins dating back far enough to match the potential timeline the age of the Epic gives us. While he wouldn't have been a near immortal god-king/super-hero duo with Enkidu, there was likely a King of Uruk who went on a quest for immortality (those who have deifying cults built around them usually do).

In all the paintings that nigga has brown hair

>Obviously the devs have made highly political choices rather than historical or otherwise reasonable.
Then they've been doing that since Civ 2. That game had male and female leaders for every civ, including mythological figures. Civ has never been about accuracy or realism; it's always leaned far more towards arcade rather than simulation design.

Yup, all true, though I find it amusing that you talk to yourself like this.

>Roman murals made hundreds of years after Alexander lived are totally more reliable than contemporary sources who described him as having "yellow" (blonde) hair

Le epic xD

ancienthistory.about.com/od/alexanderarticles/ss/031211-What-Color-Was-Alexander-The-Greats-Hair.htm

Except Catherine de Medicis is really a retarded choice, and it's really stupid because France was one of the few countries in Europe where the monarch couldn't be female by law.
Joan of Arc at least makes a bit of sense but that one is straight up stupid.

Fuckin jews

And they've had Sacajawea as leader of the Sioux, and Eleanor Roosevelt as leader of America. Once again, this is absolutely nothing new.

Go Teddy or go home my man.

Wǒ ài Běijīng Tiān'ānmén,
Tiān'ānmén shang tàiyáng shēng

>拼音

She's the lead designer's historical waifu, that's all there is to it.

Brennius will come soon enough, thus taking the role of both the Scots and the Irish in the form of the "Celtic" civilization as per standard because of Euro-nation economy.

They still promissed a SEA nation, and I have yet to see Australia.

You got him in Civ II and IV, and after that it became too politically incorrect to include him at all.

>Tfw civ 5 newfag

What
Hitler was never in any Civ game. Stalin and Mao were, but not Hitler.

Hitler has never been in a Civ game officially and never will. You're thinking of Stalin. Mussolini and Hirohito will also never get in.

Agreeably although Civ lacks realism as a series, still de Medici is a completely wasted choice. There is absolutely nothing interesting about her, there is no reason why she should be brought from the shadows of history in the spotlight. She was basically the first woman they could find after Joan of Arc, that's it.

The fact that something is not new does not mean it is wise. Irrelevant comment.

Hitler was never in any Civ game ever, as stated by others and confirmed by me.

It is hilarious how all the WW2 leaders of the losing faction are banned from the series yet the series otherwise is filled with cruel murderers and tyrants. Stalin must be laughing his mustache off in grave.

They literally went full hipster on the roster.

Like "look, we studied history and picked some less relevant leaders just to educate you plebs".

Why do they all look like from a Dreamworks movie?

It is all about how those dictators are preceived by their home countries. Some parts of Russia still see Stalin as a hero, most others do not care.

Mao is also still very much beloved in China.

Germany seems to be the only one who isn't brought of their past genocides.

Well, they already had most of the well-known rulers.

>Mao is also still very much beloved in China.

it's a bit more complicated than that desu

Yeah, but that is the superficial picture everyone seems to have. Obviously the bigger picture is more than that.

Basically winners love their dictators while losers don't. What a twisted world we live in.

TOKIMUNE OUTTO

>civ 5 fags complaining about artstyle

It's a return to form. Go pirate Beyond The Sword or something.

CIV looked cartoony but not like a cheap Disney copy with terrible proportions.

Nah, japs still love their Hirohito.

It's all about how you handle the past.

What's a fun Civ to play for Science-y shit? I've played as Germany, Rome, Japan, and Egypt a couple of times each and I dunno who I want to play this time around in my next game.

Unrelated but how do you actually play a non-science game in civ games?

Like in CiV I'd always do the cheese opening of rushing the Great Library for a tech headstart and keep it even if I was gunning for another type of victory. I know it isn't doable on the highest difficulties but I never played on them anyway. How do you balance, say, military focus and science without falling behind in science? I always found myself in a situation where I'd just choose another type of victory condition despite science being the most doable one.

>It's a return to form.
It's an unfortunate regression.

>no palace
>no throne room
>no silly advisors
Why do the new Civs hate fun?

dude i've no idea, this is my first proper Civ game and I only play on Prince because i'm a coward baby who's bad at video games. i'm in the same boat with you.

The Civ crew is notorious for being bad at history. For Gustavus Adolphus, a very notable european king, they used a portait of his UNCLE as reference.

From left to right; Gustavus Adolphus -> Erik XIV -> Gustavus Adolphus in Civ V.

Most of bonuses make no sence.

can I rape that loli?

That's laughable. Fuck whoever created that piece of shit game.

i thought medici was an italian family

They were. Catherine de Medici was regent for her son for a few years, that's it, that was her "reign".

Not really

>great civilizations with great historical male leaders
>put in literally who females for diversity

cool. i didn't know that

Some Greek city-states were matriarchal, also in Sparta men were constantly out fighting and having gay sex while the women governed back at home.

Most of this sentence makes no sense

Don't you mean her wife's son?

They clearly used both portraits, look at the sash.

>Some Greek city-states were matriarchal
If that's true, you need to put that in perspective: there were hundreds city-states and the women most likely not ruled alone.

>Sparta men were constantly out fighting and having gay sex
Exaggeration, don't you think?

wittle baby gonna cry

>Exaggeration, don't you think?
no they really had gay sex.

Which just contributes to how baffling it is. They obviously knew what he looked like; so why base most of his appearance on Erik XIV? Did they originally have no idea and only found out about the real portraits later on, slapping the sash on to save themselves a bit?