Attack while it's tail is up!

Attack while it's tail is up!...

...It's gonna counter attack with its laser!

I'd better attack it before it shoots me with the laser

This. Anyone who didn't immediately think so is lying.

I hope FF7 keeps this typo

Anyone who doesn't attack while the tail is up is an idiot. The fight goes ,uch faster if you just tank the lasers and kill it with limit breaks (plus you make some progress towards cross slash while you're at it)

There'll probably be a cutscene of it charging it's laser, Barrett attacking and getting BTFO, then him shouting at you to wait until it's tail lowers to attack it.

>attack while it is tail's up
Does up belong to it is tails?

>FF7:R fixes this line
>fans get mad

Mah nigga. Did this every time.

This
FF7 will have incredibly polarized reception regardless
>fix the line
>THEY BUTCHERED THE REMAKE, IT LOST ITS CHARM
>don't fix the line
>FUCKING LAZY BASTARDS, YOU HAD 20 YEARS TO FIX IT AND YOU STILL DIDN'T

Who actually said this line: Cloud or Barret?
I'm assuming Cloud due to experience with Shinra and all (even if he wasn't SOLDIER for reals, they probably made him at least know the stuff that was going on so he wouldn't get himself killed). However, Barret would probably know some of the shinra intel from Jessie and the others prior to launching their attack. Maybe it was something they made after Cloud's time, since he was in that fucking tube for months.

Either way, I hope they keep the line for whoever says it, but throw in "AND" right before the second part, but have it to where something like happens. Bonus points if the other one says something like "Great, -now- he tells me..." as kind of a jab to how many chances they had to fix this shit with all the ports and re-releases.

well i made this webm today. might as well post it here i guess.

I'm glad they're making it an action game at least, so no matter how much they change the story, it'll be distinctly its own thing.

>Bonus points if the other one says something like "Great, -now- he tells me..." as kind of a jab
Pfft I really doubt they'll have English translation callbacks.

I played FF6, I knew what was up.

Cloud said it.

does the japanese text fit better in text box? i guess i shouldnt be surprised because you can say a whole lot more with jap text over English.

A thought occurred to me:

If VII:R's first episode contains the entire Midgar sequence, you're going through a 'whole game' without ever accessing summons or almost any support, command or independent materia. Hell, you only get one additional weapon for each character throughout Midgar. So either you have really bare combat or SE is gonna give you too many powerups for what is essentially a prologue to the real adventure.

And the second episode will start with a really, really long flashback with almost no proper gameplay.

Wait, never mind.
If (Warning == 0) Then
[hide]
If (Cloud is alive) Then

If (Barret is dead) Then: Display Message "Cloud "It's gonna fire that laser..."

Else: Display Message "Cloud "Barret, be careful!"

Display Message ""Attack while it's tail's up!"

Display Message "It's gonna counterattack with its laser.""
[hide]
Else

Display Message "Barret "I dunno what's goin' on, but..."

Display Message "it looks pretty bad."

Display Message "Let's see what it does when it's tail's up..."

Warning = 1

I kinda hope they do.
>Aeri(th): Is this is guy... err, sick?

Any people here know if the Guard Scorpion lines were translated differently in other language scripts?

Good god, did that shit suck. And you can only get a second weapon for Cloud if you're lucky enough to steal it in the first place.
I hope the crossdressing quest is still in.

wat

What other languages?

>20+ years..... for THIS?

I'm gonna assume enemies can trigger lucky seven as a programming oversight, but since it's not supposed to work for them the game bugs out and terminates the enemy?

i think you're assuming alot of things here. I mean the first episode doesnt have to end right after midgar. Hell why not end it right after the flash back? I mean that's honestly probably a better spot then right after midgar imo. Also the games weapons, materia, item progression doesnt have to strictly follow the original at all. I get what your saying and all but I think that should be the least of your worries.

No, the reason it kills them is that poison is considered self inflicted so being in lucky 7 causes it to tick for 7777

Self inflicted damage I meant to say. That is, the poisoned target is considered the damage source for poison ticks

Materia Keeper has 8400 HP, Poison deals 94+5 mini hits. Poison ticks 2*262= 623 damage. This brings him down to 7777 HP. Enemies enter Lucky 7 mode too, but unlike the characters, they don't go into a blind rage; they simply continue to attack once per turn. But, everything will deal 7777 damage, and that includes poison that damages him.

I played this game as a kid who couldn't speak English and my father translated it for me.

Died to the boss like four times because somehow he made that exact mistake and told me to attack when its tail was up.

err i mean
94+5 = 99
2*262 =524
524+99 = 623
623-8400=7777

FF7 had some cool enemies.

Whichever it may have been localized to, if any.

I did that the very first time I played it and I still won.

someone please gift me this on steam

I'm playing VII right now. I'm busting into Shinra HQ for the first time and I took the elevator instead of the stairs. I got the Shinra employee on three different floors, this is some RNG magic.

>does the japanese text fit better in text box?

Are you just talking in general? I guess probably. I've played the Nip version before, but it's been a few years and I didn't really pay attention to the text. I do remember reading that the spacing kind of sucked in the English version because of technical issues that made every character take up the same exact amount of space.

i meant specifically for the "attack when its tail is up..." non sense. As in is splitting that sentence up a non japanese thing only?

Knowing very little about Japanese I'd still say yes. They mostly use the *kanas for writing online and in games etc. and when it comes to those, each symbol is one syllable, so I guess on average one symbol is like two letters in English.

This looks disgusting. Why do people play the PC version

Post more casual filters.

Yeah it is. The full line is

>しっぽをあげている間に攻撃するとレーザーで反撃してくるぞ

It's pretty easy to see how the mistake was made. 「しっぽをあげている間に攻撃する」 is "Attack while the tail is up." 「しっぽをあげている間に攻撃すると」 is "If you attack while the tail is up,". The translator just missed that と which made all the difference.

The guard scorpion is an idiot filter.

The Guard Scorpion is a tutorial on ATB.

You were supposed to play this game when you were a child, tips like this were only appropriate at the beginning of the game.

because the pc version is the best one

I did just that and still won. First boss from previous FF would rip me a new one for that, though.

Thinly-veiled Yuffie thread?

I remember being severely confused by Cloud referring to himself as a clone. Could have been a bit clearer about that.