>Take elements of System Shock, Deus Ex, Dead Space and Bioshock franchises
>Create bland and uninspired game as a result

youtube.com/watch?v=6khLImN9kJk

Holy fuck it looks bad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jfHCZAK7p-s
usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/05/09/toy-yoda.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i still dont get why they went to such lengths to gut, sabotage, and take over an IP nobody remembers. they could have made this same game and just called it anything.

>What sort of enemy designs do you want?
>Who said we had to design the enemies at all

It looks fun though

>Holy fuck it looks bad

It'll be one of the best games of 2017 screencap this. Sup Forums is so often hyped for shitty games but can't recognize a good game when they see one.

I'm not watching a 40 minute clip, summaries it or fuck off. Is this some new marketing plan to claim a game is shit and post a video, trying to make us look through it to find the "shit" parts and then respond saying "nah it looks alright though".

Gotta kill Prey 2.

They were going to. It was retitled just before E3, it was originally known as "Austin"

Pretty much this.

the first 5 minutes alone looks like a blatant dxhr clone

>it'll be one of the best games of 2017
Bethesda shill please

>enemies are soulless black husks

Completely ruined any interest I had in this game. ITS FUCKING BORING. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY THOUGHTS.

>what are code names

>gameplay video
>instead of playing the game and occasionally chatting about mechanics or gameplay elements, he has to make nauseatingly obnoxious comments on everything

No, as in during an interview a developer said "oh yeah it was originally an unrelated game called austin then bethesda approached us with the proposition to rebrand it for fat stacsk"

I don't know, we haven't had a proper shock game since Bioshock, so I'm okay with a new one.

A mashup of System Shock, Deus Ex and Bioshock is okay in my book, even if it doesn't bring a lot of new stuff to the table.

There is something to be said about well executed regurgitation of old concepts.

it looks like dishonored
it's literally dishonored in space
dishonored is a shit game why are they wanking it so much

>Prey 2 died for this

>be-fucking-thesda
How they recently got Doom right eludes me.

Do you get to play an American Indian and have sick spirit walking power? If no then shit.

wasn't the original prey about some native american dude in a leather jacket fighting aliens, basically turok in space? this looks pretty boring in comparison

Just like the monsters on RE7 which is the same reason I lost interest on the game

I hope system shock 3 will be good......

Can anyone tell me why the dumbest motherfuckers get early access to these AAA games? I swear this guy is a fucking idiot.

>grabs a suit from off the wall
>camera wobbles around like a ripple running across a fat chick's freshly slapped ass

When will people stop fucking doing that? You can have your canned animations while keeping the camera steady.

And it's loosely connected sequel was going to be about a US air marshal turned alien bounty hunter. That was fucking amazing to me, because I lust after bounty hunter games.

>okay player, do your best to hide in the room
>*tries to sit in the chair*
>LOL I PICKD IT UP
>*throws chair around*
>LOL 9 SECONDS WHY 9 SECONDS XD

what in the fuck, who is this retard

anyways this game looks worse than thiefourf, hopefully otherside will save the genre and ss3 will be good.

It looks extremely solid and way closer to the System Shock than any game after SS2.
Glad we got this instead of a shitty parkour sim with ugly aliens.

Still mad

Because other AI enemies have actual thoughts.right.
I think its actually a neat idea that they can disguise themselves as shit around the room

There is no good reason why we couldn't have both. Development of Prey 2 and Prey reboot is related tangentially at best.

>tfw Prey 2 was canned
>tfw Star Wars 1313 was canned
>tfw we will never get another space bounty hunter game

I mean Boba Fett basically ensured everyone salivated over any bounty hunter to appear in anything, ever. It's also a concept that allows you to shit out side missions in any game like crazy. Game developers love cutting corners. Why are people afraid of my money?

Okay let's conclude:
>shitty graphics on par with first bioshock
>jaggies everywhere
>antialiasing on/off
>gameplay literally bioshock 1 and that game was avarage at best
>okay ambient and sound
>tons of shitty notes, audiologs etc. Who even read that shit anymore?
>it's arcane so cliche story almost guaranteed
Yep it's shit. Let's say the new legend of zelda is solid 5/10, than this game is solid 5,5/10.

Looks fun, but I feel bad for Prey fans. Although I don't really get why people are mad about it being nothing like Prey 2. It's not like the first game was a space/cyberpunk bounty hunter game.

>Bethesda Shill
Oh god please shut the fuck up, his right you know, a majority of the time the games Sup Forums is hyped for turn out to be shit and the games they make a majority of shitposting threads about turns out to be good. Such is the cycle. Also the first Prey was garbage.

>Prey died for this.

So why they are experimenting on him so hard?
Poor guy was like this for 3 years.

Because, and I don't know why I have to explain this to you, it was a concept met with insane amounts of hype. Granted there was a lot of "wait, what the fuck does this have to do with Prey?" but it seemed as if most people were on board. It was a cool concept, kind of unique too since the only other space bounty hunter game of any note was SW Bounty Hunter, and Griffin I suppose.

And they scrapped it. For this. Something that has already been done repeatedly. Morphing aliens aside.

Looks good. I think some of you guys just automatically react negatively to anything new just in case it might be good and surprise you.

Honestly, it's depressing.

The enemies look like placeholder models, except they forgot to replace them before launch.

why is it even called prey? It has no fucking relation or even gameplay to the first one.

Mechanically speaking, bounty hunting appears in a couple of games, from Monster Hunter to Witcher. It's just not in space because most sci-fi sucks and the mass market hates it.

>it's another "Sup Forums shitposts a game that looks good for no reason episode"
whee

Because Bethesda is publishing this and published DOOM. Bethesda is not developing this game, nor did they develop DOOM.

hey looking forward to the release threads where fans of a game that never went out and was a sequel of a shitty corridor shooter are trying to autistically screech at a solid system shock successor

solid bait, enough to reply but not enough to get angry at. I give it a 5/10.

>Also the first Prey was garbage.
This. I want the people in this thread to play through the game again and tell me the game is good to my face. Not to mention it took an entire decade to make that shit.
Prey 2 was gonna be uninspired and repetitive, it's no surprise it got canned.

You can learn a lot from something by keeping it alive for 3 years and running tests.

>any multiplatform game
>GOTY
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH horizon zero dawn goty of 2017 and 2018 screencap this.

I couldn't care less where they decided to take the gameplay but it is stupid to call it prey 2 when it has no relations to the first game at all.

weak bait

most of the anger comes from beth sabotaging human head and then buying them out in what was essentially a hostile take over. then they took (what was then) a fairly fresh concept and threw it in the trash and sat on the IP for going on 8 years until now. then they announce this game which is dishonored in space with a wrench. its just sad really.

It's not called Prey 2, just Prey.

>call it prey 2
It is called Prey.

i have no idea why they're using this ip

it wasn't an interesting base ip
they're not using anything related to the ip in the new game
there is nobody from the original development team working on it
they're only using the title

prey, the non-sequel to prey, by people that weren't the developers of prey, if you liked prey then you'll have played a game with the same name as this one, and that's where the relations end

>most sci-fi sucks

You suck.

>the mass market hates it.

And the mass market loves cape shit. Whatever the mass market hates, it must be good. The mass market is trash.

>dishonored in space with a wrench
i want underage retards to fuck off holy shit

nioh never ever pc cuck

>Bethesda is killing off all the series you loved

why do people trust them

>i have no idea why they're using this ip
Because it's cheaper to use something they already own than trademarking something new, plus Prey sounds better and is more marketable than Typhon.

Nigger I don't even own a PC for gaming. I only have my 360, N64, PS3 and PS4. Last (You) I give.

>mass market hates IS execution videos, they must be good

can this guy SHUT THE FUCK UP

>mass market hates IS execution videos
>implying
that shit gets lotsa views

They're kind of hardcore

> Prey 2
> Ex air marshal turned bounty hunter fuck people shit up and banging hot alien babes
> Instead we get PREY
> Looks like uninspired NOT dead space NOT bioshock NOT alone in the dark

Would have probably not been amazing but still, It's a damn shame.

youtu.be/jfHCZAK7p-s

then shut the fuck up and stop hyping multiplatfrom trash for pc cucks.

Everyone was overwhelmed and surprised by how well ISIS execution video's were done user. They creatively kill their prisoners and do cool slo mo effects and other stuff. I remember when the first few came out people were saying how the hell did a bunch of dune coons make a video that rivals a hollywood film studio's camera work.

Great videos. People post webm's of them fairly often.

>Bethesda is killing off all the series you loved

Prey was a single mediocre game from 2006.

Cmon bro, I've made 43 pro Horizon posts already today, can't I just talk about one multiplat game? I know Horizon is our big exclusive and we have to stick it to the PC fats but I'm really not looking forward to this one bro. It's getting hard to shill it when they keep posting the brom video in my threads! I think I'm slipping man, I want to play multiplats instead, but still, even if I have to suffer through it, I'm gonna buy, play and praise Horizon to the high heavens.

So the game is basically a sequel to the book "11.22.63"?

Todd pls

source? Sounds interesting

was it amazing, of course fucking no. But it was a good game with enough interesting bits to make it worth time time.

One of those neither terrible or great games, just a good game.

Since such games don't exist in Sup Forums yea it is total dogshit.

> Kind of want to see what this game is all about
> HEY GUIES!
> skip half way through
> He's still talking

I hope that bitch took hooters to the fucking cleaners with that lawsuit. They knew what they were doing.

She won what she wanted

usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/05/09/toy-yoda.htm

she did. not like millions, but definitely enough for a car.

Why this video? There's like 2 or 3 better videos and you had to pick this one?
Why not just go ahead and post the Polygon one while you're at it.

>David Noll, her attorney, said Wednesday that he could not disclose the settlement's details, although he said Berry can now go to a local car dealership and "pick out whatever type of Toyota she wants."

>The restaurant's manager, Jared Blair, has said the whole contest was an April Fools' joke.

well fuck man guess the joke was on the other foot. winder what happened to yoda

>Alex cut us off from the Looking Glass servers.
Fuck you, Bethesda.

Is this supposed to be some sort of reverse psychology?

What's the matter user, do you not like Looking Glass? :^)

I hate Bethesda games but I like what Arkane do and Immersive Sims are my favorite genre.

I dislike Bethesda-developed games as much as the next guy, but id, machine games and arkane have been on quite a roll.

>not looking forward to System Shock 3: Arkane Edition
>but it's published by Bethesda
Yeah, published, not developed.

Yeah, Bethesda is a shitty developer and publisher, but their other studios do good work.

Prey 2 had
>wallhacks
>autoaim
>bloody screen when hurt and health regen
>cover shooting
>fetch quests
>scripted sequences
>open world

Basically standard AAA CoD shit crammed into one. Why are people still crying?

My backlog is huge enough to give me apathy, there is place for only one SS3. The other one.

I didn't catch that

>being intentionally antagonistic to your fanbase

Because muh cool premise, setting and trailer, nevermind the gameplay

It looks soooooo shit.
They should have made what Bioshock infinite was supposed to be.

I laughed my ass when i actually saw the actual gameplay of that turd. You can tell how predictably boring it would become just a few hours in.

If there's a choice between Prey 2 or system shock-like reboot i would take a second option. And i liked original Prey.

What a boring piece of shit. Only thing I liked was the synthwave soundtrack.
It doesn't redeem it, but still makes the experience not totally shit.

>you're not going to like what i say next

>we'll never get what Prey 2 was supposed to be

>Only thing I liked was the synthwave soundtrack.
>break a window
>BWOOOOOOOOOM
>see an enemy in a room
>BWOOOOOOOOOM
>start some dialogue
>BWOOOOOOOOOM
>walk down a hallway scratching your balls
>BWOOOOOOOOOM
>not totally shit

A boring open world AAA type shooter? Thank god

Legit question :
Why the games look so bad despite running on CRY ENGINE 3.
Sup Forums told me crysis was the best looking game ever.

Yeah, who wants that? I'd much rather have Bioshock in space.