So now that the dust has settled, how was it?

So now that the dust has settled, how was it?

Nioh

One of the finest Action games in recent memory. A true throwback to games like Ninja Gaiden.

You know, actual GAMES

Pretty good. On average harder than most souls/bloodborne bosses, but lacking any real standouts that can compete are on par with bosses like ludwig.

It's let down by heavy asset re-use, and lack of variety in enemies and environments. Not a big fan of the way they handled the story/lore also. Failed to capture the sense of exploration and mystery that really made the souls/bloodborne games stand out.

It's fun. That's all you can ask for these days.

I hate how you get side missions that take place in areas not even in the same region.

Games barely been out a week, only NEETS have made significant progress

There should be fast travel

It's pretty good, combat is fun and has some decent variety.

I don't like how they handled the world space. I wish they would of made each region their own small open area where you complete missions and it's all interconnected.

There are a lot of spirit guardians that just do the same thing except it's a different element which i guess is fine.

The game has a good amount of content in it, I'm interested to see how PVP will turn out.

I'm an old soulsfag so this game came easy for me I'm curious to know if people who don't play soulslike think this game is hard.

Has the dust truly settled? The game has only been out a week, I'd the say the dust is still 80% unsettled

The first half of the game was really fun but the further in I get the less I want to keep going. Just killed the Ogress and I'm really getting bored of the game.

A generally very good game with some quite serious flaws stemming from the game's lack of development budget (Enemy variety being the big one, despite the game itself being reasonably long for its genre). If KT and/or Sony had chipped in some more money and rectified this, it'd be sensational.

As it stands, a solid 8.5/10

It broke street date a week early in parts of Europe and the US. Oddly not in the UAE, though.

On average it's definitely harder than every souls game except maybe bloodborne. Bosses just generally hit harder and faster. It's harder to just first try bosses without first memorising their patterns and when to block/dodge etc.

Guys i went for a magic and spirit build and im doing literally chip damage to this bridge ax boss. Did i fuck up? I had to sloth carnage his ass out

I wouldn't put spirit past 16/25 or magic past 20/30. Weapon scaling never soft caps so just dump the rest into you primary weapon's stat.

Wasted 60 bucks on this shit cuz you niggas said it was better than Bloodborne. Easy as shit fighting the same enemies over and over in a boring as shit world and samey weapons.
Even the shit show that is DS3 is more interesting.

DaS = BB > DS3 = NIOH > DeS > DS2

>Easy as shit

Post death counter with timestamp

very disappointing with how easy they made it
still a pretty good game

Great game, needs more variety. Starting to think a lot was cut for DLC.

Pretty good for the first half, kind of tedious in the second half. As we suspected from the demos, the biggest flaw is the lack of enemy variety. There are only some 20 normal enemy types in the game, including some reskins, and you'll run into all of them by the time you're halfway through.

Good game, late-to-end game enemy variety is annoying though as you're fighting the same things in 1:1 over and over, some of the enemies you fight in the Sekigahara stage are used only there though.

After getting to the end I thought the final boss was good as it hits a kind of book end and it resolves the meat of the plot, it feels like an ending.
But then you see the after credits scene and realise that it's basically the trailer to the first DLC and you suddenly feel like they just might sell cut content as DLC.

I dunno man, there are plenty of bosses in Souls that gave me a lot of trouble, but I only ended up dying maybe 30 times going through Nioh this last week, and most of those were to the triple Kelley in the final stage and falls. Most of the bosses I beat in only 1 or 2 tries, in general I had a much harder time with the stages.
Though I haven't made any serious attempt at those last two side missions yet.

That guy has a shitload of HP, you're fine.

>But then you see the after credits scene and realise that it's basically the trailer to the first DLC and you suddenly feel like they just might sell cut content as DLC.
I saw it as a sequel hook. The last mission pretty much neatly wraps up William's story, but there's plenty left to explore in the setting. I for one am hype to see Date Masamune show up.

>mfw seeing people complain about the difficulty when I'm literally breezing through the game, dying a max of 2-3 times for stage if that

I just don't understand. The game really, really isn't very hard.

>there are plenty of bosses in Souls that gave me a lot of trouble

Not going to argue with that. But let's be honest most souls bosses are push overs. Even the early bosses in nioh will fuck you up if you just try and brute force. Souls has harder bosses but I would say Nioh bosses are harder on average.

Most of my deaths in souls games come from the platforming anyway DESU

I never seen anyone complain except for random streamers, if you as much as check gamefaqs messageboard you'll see front page flooded with "why is this hack'n'slash so easy when everyone said its hard?"

Scratch that, just thought to check the gameplay record and I'm sitting on 101 deaths. Sure didn't feel like it.

It does work as a sequel hook but since the first DLC is supposed to take us to meet Date and do whatever but it's always a nagging feeling when it comes to a game like this.

I disagree that Nioh's bosses are harder. Granted, the last time I played Dark Souls was the first one on PC a few years back so maybe I've just got gud recently, but Nioh's bosses seem to be a lot easier to me.

After hearing people complain about Ice Bitch for so long, I was expecting her to actually take me quite a few tries. Only reason it took me 3 tries is because I got greedy on my second one.

>the first DLC is supposed to take us to meet Date
Well shit, first I've heard of the DLC contents being confirmed.

Very, very good. I think it mainly suffers from a lack of enemy and encounter variety, but it's still amazingly fun.

Check its entry in the PSN store; it's three missions all set during the Siege of Osaka.

I'm not so sure, the game has a boatload of content as it is.

I only get pissed off when clearly unfinished games or games with little content try to pan off "DLC".

I also get pissed off with cosmetic DLCs and other things that should already be in the game

That's the reason. Everybody thinks their first souls game is the hardest. Objectively speaking though I do think most NIOH bosses hit harder, faster, and are more punishing than most souls bosses. Not saying they are hard but definitely harder on average than the souls equivalents.

It's in the name really user.
"Dragon of the North"
Travel into the embattled northern provinces.

Then the next two DLC's are the Osaka winter and summer campaigns.

The gameplay is as excellent as the story and enemy variety is awful.

I hope the next Souls-like rips the shit out of elements of this in the same way that this ripped the shit out of Souls.

I honestly wouldn't even compare Nioh to Dark Souls though. I mean, it does have its similarities of course - but it feels waaay different compared to what I played of Dark Souls. Combat is very different too.

>Everybody thinks their first souls game is the hardest.
Nah, I played them in release order and DeS is probably the easiest.

It has the makings of a great game but it felt like TN got lazy halfway through
>All enemies are shown off in the first half and just repeated throughout the rest of the game
>All the interesting dynamics of the characters are thrown away to focus on stupid historical accuracy of the names
>Final boss fights include Kelly who's a fucking joke, a 8 headed monster who shoots projectiles and a guy who cats laser spamming eye balls instead of an interesting final Samurai duel
>Then the last few side missions are "fight previous bosses but now with two at the same time"
>NG+ caps all of your weapons and armor at 150 and then just rises enemy stats for "difficulty" and slightly rearranging enemy positions
>No memorable music for the most part, disappointed mostly by the lack of Shamisen
The combat is still great and does prevent the game from being shit but the game running out of enemies to experiment on hurts it
7-8/10

>tfw giving shiggy a taste of his own medicine with tempest

>instead of an interesting final Samurai duel
That's what Nobunaga was.

>No memorable music for the most part, disappointed mostly by the lack of Shamisen
This was dissonant as fuck. They focus on the game being in Japan so much but most of the soundtrack is far more western. They should've gotten the guy that did Muramasa, that had a much better blend of east and west.

not lazy so much as lack of budget and time

also
>NG+ caps weapons and armor at 150
that is untrue

How do I get higher levels then?

Can you do Jolly coop in this game?
Can I invade other players?

are you referring to some people posting their level 320 gear on the internet, or just +x?
because i refuse to believe level 320 gear with a base attack of 2600 isnt a bug

you cant invade, but co-op is especially jolly

The composer isn't actually really a video game composer at all, curiously. He's predominantly a heavy-hitting TV composer with some movie and anime work on the side. Only videogame he's done aside from Nioh is Sony Japan Studio's Rain.

Onimusha + Dark Souls = 11/10 game

I actually died about 7 times because the grab is so unexpected and can fuck you up if you're not careful. But generally nioh bosses seem harder because you just can't spam roll and expect to have stamina to actually hit the boss when there's an opening.

Sounds great

So what are we expecting the PVP to be like? breaking the balance of single player of course, like clockwork. But i think it will just be an arena mode like DS3. I doubt they will add invasions...

Sony always wins baby

there are level 320 twilight missions. and mission level is usually the indicator of the gear you'll get there, it may be a bug in that you're not supposed to be able to forge gear that high, or it may be a bug in that it's supposed to be more easy to get gear that high

as of now no one knows

if they're smart they'll just do arenas with various presets

Core combat mechanics are way better than souls
Everything else is notably worse though
Really hoping that the DLC stages are better designed and that they introduce a weapon or two.
Really hope this game gets a sequel and improves, the series has a ton of potential.

>the same side mission levels repeat across 3 regions ending with you fighting the same boring yokai again or maybe onyroki again
Pretty lazy desu

*blocks your path*

i've done above level 300 twilight missions and they only give level 150 gear

I know, but after you do one something in the game ticks and allows you to extremely rarely craft higher level gear. no one knows exactly how or why it happens yet or if there is any way to manipulate it

You'll never have a drop over 150, only from crafting

>extremely rarely craft higher level gear.
in the video i've seen, even the base damage shown before crafting was way higher than normal
so "rarely" is obviously not the case

not sure what it could be then. I have every magatama and all patronage points and I've still not seen one in about 900 crafts

100x better than Bloodborne.