Woomy

woomy

So true

can someone please explain to me how this is popular? Is it because the WiiU was in desperate need of video games so drones fucking clung to it?

I got it and have yet to fucking see what makes it so appealing when there are so many more superior shooters with higher install bases to boot.

it's fun

other shooters don't have the ink mechanic

Play ranked faggot, turf wars is for children

>It forces you to a single game mode until you unlock ranked

wow, not even worth the bandwidth

>when there are so many more superior shooters
such as?
best I can think of is titanfall 2 or DOOM, but they're fairly different to Splatoon's gameplay style

CS, OW, Rainbow 6 Siege

Literally anything else

>OW, Rainbow 6 Siege
>good
CS is pretty stale, too

I hate when faggots act coy in order to bash a game.
>Oh, I played it!
>Just everything you think about it is wrong!
Presuming you're not even false flagging, how about you say what specifically was wrong with it? I swear no one on Sup Forums can just admit that a game is competent and simply just might not be for them.

it doesn't take long to unlock ranked, you lazy shitter

This is your opportunity to get familiar with the mechanics and a few weapon classes so you don't get your ass handed to you in C-rank

>implying the game plays similarly to those shooters
The gameplay is very different. Someone in the mood for Splatoon might not even consider most other shooters.

Literally no other shooter on the market has the same key focus on verticality and area control over kda.

different user, but release splatoon was sucked. after all the additional stuff it wasn't bad. Really hoping they learned from the first game. It had some nice ideas, but felt like it wasn't polished well, especially because of how little it had when it came out.

explain

rapid-morphing battlefield

There was one. It's dead now though.

>forced to play one game mode until you reach a specific level to play ranked

>stuck with actual, worse weapons that have completely inferior stats until you get a certain rank
Seriously? I understand having some slightly advantageous stats on future weapns but not even CoD was this bad. On top of which, some weapon classes are either completely useless or are bogged down by the shitty bombs/special loadout coupled with them.

>ink mechanic
Holy fuck everything about this is retarded. Who the fuck thought "space control" and took it this literally? Let's fucking detract from actual combat and make it so if you don't shit your color all over the goddamn map you're not only crippled in every way imagineable, but you'll fucking die on top of it?

Just because someone doesn't agree doesn't mean they're falseflagging, faggot.

>get to lvl 20
>ranked still isn't unlocked

Wow, great game

>actual, worse weapons that have completely inferior stats
objectively wrong, the Splattershot Jr. and Tentatek Splattershot are two of the best weapons in the entire game

and every weapon class sees some use except for brushes
>E-Liter and Splatterscope
>Tentatek Splattershot and .96 Gal Deco
>Zink Mini Splatling and Hydra Splatling
>Slosher and Slosher Deco
>Custom Range Blaster and Luna Blaster
>Carbon Roller
>Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose

>he can't get gud

>key focus on verticality AND AREA CONTROL OVER KDA

forgot Dynamo Roller, but it's not like you've heard of it since you probably haven't beaten the campaign

wanna know how I know you haven't played the game

>Splattershot Jr.
It's solid, but it's no where near staple.

it can get you to S rank on its own and is a great weapon for soloqueueing. If nothing else it's great at inking turf and staying alive.

Oh yes, please enlighten me.

>ink mechanic
That's the core of the gameplay; it's not trying to focus on any "actual combat." The execution is perfectly fine and people enjoy playing it. Again, you not liking it doesn't mean it sucks. You're upset because the game doesn't play how you'd want it to.

Ranked is unlocked at level 10.

You're just a dumb shitposter who saves Splatoon images.

Oh really? Has it always been unlocked at Level 10?

>Let's fucking detract from actual combat
Except that shooting enemies denies them territory both by keeping them from shooting and the fact that splats splash your color in a decent area?
Holy shit just fuck off you CoD shitter! Just because you don't understand the mechanics of a game that doesn't suck you off for getting killstreaks does not mean that the game sucks.

Yes. You're an idiot.

not him but yes, it was always at 10. He's right, you're a fucking retarded shitposter. Reevaluate your pathetic life, man.

Splatoon is one of my favorite games and I'm going to grab a Switch late in the summer specifically for this game.

>literally revisionist history

Actually that's wrong. Ranked was never available on release.

You literally get the Tentatek at Level 4, one of the best weapons in the game. Stop embarrassing yourself CoDbabby

except when weapon classes focus on coloring the map and have very little to offer in terms of killing opponents it becomes a serious fucking issue when you're playing with retards who don't understand this and keep dying trying to chase someone using a roller and gets killed by someone who has a splattershot or anything with actual fucking distance

whats woomy

For literally a week, possibly less. You're still dumb for saying you didn't unlock ranked yet at level 20.

and if you haven't played since then, congrats, you waited two years to pull off an epic troll

>my teammates suck so the weapon is bad
wat

ranked was made a available a week after the game launched, I know as I actually played the it at that time. Regardless, nothing you posted implied that that is what you meant, you're only desperately trying to save face here and it's frankly embarrassing.

I want to have sex with a squid

The scenario was to point out the flaws of the weapons that have an emphasis on inking the map compared to killing power. The roller class being the biggest offender.

Why even have them if they can't keep you alive and getting killed is going to prevent them from using them in the first place?

>You're still dumb for saying you didn't unlock ranked yet at level 20.
>nothing you posted implied that that is what you

I knew the whole time. Wanna know how I know? Because I reached max level at that point.

>I reached max level at that point.
which is?

>I suck so the weapon is bad
maybe try playing defensively senpai, as in keep control of one area and ambush people

the Carbon has the fastest TTK in the entire game and the Splat Roller isn't far behind

read

>haha, I le troled u, I was actually talking about the game as it was the week of release :^)
what the fuck

>Why even have them if they can't keep you alive
They can't keep you alive. Top roller players like Sorapol seem to be doing just fine.

how does this in any way prove you knew the whole time?
you're not making a lick of sense here.

I don't use the fucking things because they're a liability more than anything else.

I never get killed by them because they're insanely easy to avoid. Same with sloshers.

>ranked was made a available a week after the game launched
Don't you mean 2 days?

wow, maybe increase your MMR or get out of C- rank senpai

splatoon is so great design-wise (locations, musics, characters, world)

but these shitty douchbag hairstyles and clothes piss me so off

5 days.

I don't remember it exactly anymore, I just remember it being within launch week.

Anyone with a brain should not be getting killed by these things. Shows how far away the playerbase is from its potential ceiling, which is sad considering it can't be that high.

No offense but I'm having trouble believing a random poster on Sup Forums is a god who never gets killed by classes containing some of the best weapons in the game when actual competitive players (including the ridiculously skilled Japanese) get killed by them all the time

Sure, post some proof.

just post your rank and loadout

don't you mean 30 seconds

found the kid who used squid armor

i want you read your posts before you post them

found the kid who uses squid armor

I think it had to have been like 3. It launched May 29th and unlocked on June 1st. That's 3 days. 4 only if you are in Japan, but that's kinda just a technicality. Splitting hairs on time zones.

>i want you read your posts before you post them

The ranked mode was too stressful, I could never get out of B+ or something it was. It made me sad, idk if I'll get 2

Durr, 4, that's 4 and 5 if you count japan release. I'm tired and can't count.

because it plays differently than other shooters so it fills a niche

and it's fun

It's a fun idea with a lot of thinking outside the box strategy. Turf war is actually pretty bland because all that matters is turf coverage, but all the ranked game modes are really great when you take that mechanic and make it a part of a more competitive scenario where you're trying to balance kills and control along side a more interesting objective.

sports style > douchbag style > armor

rain jacket > """douchebag style""" > sports style >>> armor

TC is the best imo. It combines the moving objective of RM with the "hold an area" of Zones.

>The sushi chef won the design contest
>All those great ideas gone forever

I would kill for that neon poncho

there's always hope, user

maybe they put their favorites into the second game as an easter egg of sorts

I do feel like the other modes get shat on too much in the shadow of Rainmaker's glory, but I can't bring myself to be contrarian here. Rainmaker is Splatoon football and I love it. Tower Control can be super tense but breaks itself way too quickly on certain maps with painful chokepoints. The best zones are when they make 2 zones like Port Mackerel creating a sense of a base you're defending and an enemy base you're attacking.

>release splatoon was sucked. after all the additional stuff it wasn't bad.
This was the only real big problem with the game when it came out. If Splatoon 2 has splatoon 1's final content+ from launch it should be pretty good, especially since they've confirmed that they're going to release even more content post release again, which will presumably be all new.

I broke my sentence there. Meant to say:
Tower Control is a close second. Zones can be super tense but breaks itself way too quickly on certain maps with painful chokepoints. The best zones are when they make 2 zones like Port Mackerel creating a sense of a base you're defending and an enemy base you're attacking.

MUH

The only other good one was Oni.

>some weapon classes are either completely useless or are bogged down by the shitty bombs/special loadout coupled with them.
there's 80+ weapons in the game you mongoloid, obviously some of them will be weaker

if you weren't an inept scrub though you'd understand the game is remarkably balanced and there's maybe 5 genuinely useless weapons in the game, everything else is viable

>"""""Viable"""""

l made it to S+ with the neo sploosh

>Kraken

so hard

>there will never be a Splatoon 2
I love how all the shitposters about Splatoon got BTFO so hard

yes, the kraken makes the weapon viable

would you happen to be retarded by any chance?

Never before have I wanted something I never knew I did until now

It's fun XD I want to suck on Callie's tiny toes!!!

Quake style deathmatch mode when?

it's 2017, even the darkies in the ghettos have smart phones. get with the times nerde

I fucking love splatoon
>cute colorful world
>fun gameplay focusing on movement and control instead of shooting others ( even if It's still an important part )
>dynamic and fluid and not slow and boring like most recent shooter ( I'm looking at you overwatch )
>diverse playerbase between just kids and more experienced video game players
>competitive is a good middle between having to play with your team and the ability to carry alone ( teams of 4 is perfect )
>easy to learn hard to master
the biggest downside is the lack of content ( maps and weapons ) and the underwhelming single player
also it's the only console shooter worth playing because of the gyroscope

I'm not fond of upgrade systems that tie stats to clothes.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 learned its lesson, let's see if Splatoon 2 follows suit.

never played these dragonball games, how did they change it ?

Xenoverse 2 added an item called a QQ Bang that overwrites clothing stats so you can wear whatever you want. QQ Bang stats are determined by RNG though so it doesn't really matter.

naw even brushes get some love

permanent inkbrush is VERY good infact

sushi chef won because it had the most concepts/references on there, even one for male making it easier to transfer to 3d

God Oversalt feels so much shittier despite probably having quadruple+ the budget of Splatoon. Gunplay feels ass, mobility feels ass aside from Lucio and Pharah when she isn't out of fucking rocket (which is literally all the goddamn time), and the "creatively imbalanced asymmetric" map design doesn't mean shit when your team just keeps rushing down the same corridor.