ITT:Features you would like to see in a game

ITT:Features you would like to see in a game

>magic dont have casting time. instead its chant based and you have to type chant (random words or verses etc) to cast the spell

Stop lying.

That would play like ass

You mean, like in Tibia?

You really like Typing of the Dead, huh?

dude in a silk dress

Then I'd just take a feat to remove verbal component from the spells and cast them instantly.

DD does have chant based casting by the way, just not in the way you described. Big spells have a fairly long cast time for such an action-orientated game but more people casting shortens the spell

why?? I think will be more fun to be actively typing stuff. better than just press a button and do nothing while a cast time/ animation display

and that old typing mario game

It's just glorified cast time, nothing more.
OP means something that would depend on the player's direct input, rather the spell's basic cast time, allies casting or other in-game mechanics.

There is a game like that OP where you have to say the words with your mic.

can be something optional too. its a common trope that "chanting increase an spell power" so you can play quick spells if soloing but if in a party you an spent a little more time "chanting" (typing) to make your spell stronger .

Removing all player control to play a Mario teaches Typing minigame sounds fucking stupid, especially since you'd have to constantly switch from a WASD+Mouse stance to a typing one. The least aggravating way you can implement more player input in spellcasting is something like Arx Fatalis

as I said

Making it optional doesn't make it any less clunky, your idea sucks

Easily trivialized with scripting

D&Dfag spotted

but seriously, with the creation of an mmo that played slower than your average ADHD WoW/tera/actionMMO BS I think it could work.

something more along the lines of UO maybe.

sorry but your
>have to change from WASD to type is bad
is as retard as every fucking game with an in game chat then

a default (minimun) casting time to avoid scrip/ hot keys??

the old wizardry games had this
if you wanted to cast a spell you would need to type out it's cryptic name I think the manual had them listed though
the rune grid system isn't too bad and arx fatalis's system of drawing them with gestures is cool too anything that gets the player engaged rather than holding down a button and waiting for a bar to fill up is a good thing
It's called in verbis virtus, Haven't played it myself but it's 75% off right now so I might pick it up
it's also more of a puzzle game than an rpg I believe
then you miss the whole point

AI that actually gets angry at and formulates a countermeasure to cheese.

You have to write messages in chat to kill stuff?

yeah. it would be an hidrance on solo games but for MMO can be both. regular standard casting spell. and a "chanting" mechanic that if you complete it boosts the spell

you complain was
>changing from WASD IS TOO COMPLICATED FOR ME!!!

>Ai that learns your favorite combo so auto program itself to perfect dodge it
I thinking MR Freeze boos battle in batman kinda off plays like this. once you use a take down style, he makes sure you can not use it again

My complaint is that having to continuously shift between WASD and typing stance as a GAMEPLAY mechanic is fucking clunky

make it optional and then save it for autism or people that want to use it then. still think is a way to get more into the game than press 1 and wait for the casting animation . also is not like you have to type all fucking King Lear for it

Pretty sure alot of games do this now, mgs5 comes to mind
>use rifles and snipers alot and enemies start wearing helmets to protect from headshots
>use alot of close up take downs and enemies will start using night vision to help see you better
>go in guns blazing and they'll start wearing better armor

Play Magicka

Magicka had the best chants ever
ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE

Making it optional is just admitting that this mechanic is just a stupid gimmick

>why??
>??
Kill yourself

Rhythm game mechanics for spell casting, by speaking into a microphone. Strength of the spell is determined by how well you say the incantation.

Each spell is a series of syllables strung together, and each syllable is rated in three categories: Timing, pitch and pronunciation. Hitting all three metrics perfectly earns you maximum strength for that syllable. Screwing up one or two metrics will still make the spell work, but it will be weaker for each syllable you don't perfectly execute. Completely goofing a syllable in every way will make the spell fail, or cause an unintended effect.

>devil trigger is optional
>it means is an stupid gimmick

I'm sure you youngbloods never played, but RPG tribes' casting system consisted of all spells being cast by typing the command "/cast *spellname*"

Inevitably macroing programs and macro keyboards were used for efficient imput

Any kind of game that required typing would probably follow the same path

RPG but with no plot armor if someone or something says they're going to do something they'll do it
>fall to bandits,, get captured and sold for money
>antag threatens to kill everyone in village he will
>sign says evil zone that corrupts and turns people into demons is ahead it will if you stay in it long enough

>Inevitably macroing programs and macro keyboards were used for efficient imput
>Any kind of game that required typing would probably follow the same path

can be worked around by adding a mandatory "minimal cast time" so even if you use a bot/ macro/ hotkey it wont auto cast

just play Magicka

Is the Devil Trigger the main gimmick of DmC? Not using the Devil Trigger radically changes how you play the game down to the basic input method? You have to disable the Devil Trigger from a menu to not use it?

I'm more of a Mavis Beacon guy myself.

Wasteland 2 is good for that. Director's Cut specifically. Everything is on a timer, essentially. If you fuck about grinding for too long raiders, mutants, 'Bad Guys' will carry out their missions. Decide not to save that town immediately after they radio an SOS to you? They're probably all dead.

All your characters can die permanently, same with all NPCS.

Oh, and there are certain 'Plague zones' wherein your party can contract various diseases that, if not treated in time, will turn them into Zombies/Plant Bombs/Radioactive puddles of sludge.

Usually the timer is quite long though; One that I can remember was around 13,000 seconds which is ages. So, you'd only be hard pressed to find a cure if you fucked up the quest. Another was maybe 2,500 seconds but, it was in a small zone.