What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

This is the worst Souls game by far.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jNXBrGd3Nc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So true

Art direction mostly.

Also enemies with tracking attacks. Turtle knights were the most egregious because they had a neat anti-backstab mechanic that you never get to see because all the enemies track to absurd degrees.

Different director

easily the most challenging dark souls game in the series.

>make an enemy that's designed to be attacked from the side
>they just auto-track you anyway
What the hell.

Some areas are just garbage is what I think. But as a whole product I don't think it's so bad, and it has a good ost.

half assed levels

Still better than DS3 which has only about 3 challenging bosses and infinite rolls. Plus, at least DS2 has an actual ng+.

What's wrong with ds3's ng+? Never played it before.

>DS2 better than DS3

It's not as bad as most people make it out to be but ds 3 is clearly a notch above it.

How? Everything's so clunky, slow and predictable.
Pretty sure the only boss I didn't beat on the first attempt was that lamia in the poison pool.

>worst dark souls game
uhh..hey guys

The only new things it adds are new rings and the difficulty scales only slightly as opposed to DS2's ng+ which adds new items, red phantoms and new shop items.

All of the Souls games are garbage compared to the Otogi games so it doesn't matter which one is worse because they're all mediocre and clunky.

>What went so wrong
Your autism.
DaS2 is a pretty good game, easily the best multiplayer in the series.

Outside the dlc the only good bosses are mirror knight,the rotten, smelter demon, velsadt even though he's giant knight #46 and darklurker
Considering it's twice the length of 1, that many bosses sucking isn't a good thing

I liked the das1 throwbacks better than das3 though, nitro being made of flesh is better than member berries das1

This. The game actually looked worse than das1. It felt like "generic dungeon crawling setting no.248" in most zones. The tracking makes playing unlocked a pain too.

The warping from the start made for lazy world design. I didn't even know where Lost Bastille was, it was like "okay, you're in this random castle, better push forward for no reason". When I was in places like Blighttown or Anor Londo for the first time, I felt a sense of isolation that wasn't able to be achieved in a game where home base is just a loading screen away.

The healing system (slow healing, infinite lifegems) was bad for the game. Das1's 20 flasks were a bit excessive, but when you were limited to ten, it meant that you could have a chance to recover from mistakes and learn the strat. If you failed a boss it was because you fucked up several times quickly or you fucked up too many times overall.

Adaptability. Fuck sake, what a waste of time. It adds no depth, people are just going to dump a few points and call it a day.

The shoddy movement.

The bland bosses. As shit as bed of chaos was, at least they were trying for something different. Every das1 boss was memorable. I can barely remember half of the ones I fought in 2.

Your average mob was a piece of piss to deal with. Even singular silver knights still gave me trouble until I learned to parry them. The only packs that really gave me trouble in 2 were the elephants at the front of the castle, and the bullshit before that frog boss where you have all of the homing casters who shoot from across the map (which you can just cheese with a bow).

I did like the game though. It was better with 4 ring slots, and rings overall felt more balanced. You could swap them and not gimp your build, whereas most pve builds in das1 relied on at least either FAP, havels or both.

Guard break was good.

Making shields less OP was a good idea. Except that the Gyrm GS trivialized several fights.

More NPCs to interact with and summon was good.

Rocky development process and director who didn't understand what made previous games good.

The PVP was also too easy but unfun and rewarded too much passive play, not to mention terrible balance.

The game just has the least of all Souls games going for it.

I wouldn't say by far, DaS 3 is just as shit only in different ways

I love this meme. Thank (you).

true

'no'

DaS2 wasn't great. Scholar is best Souls though.

I don't know what you're on, everyone I'v ever talked to about this agrees that its the easiest. You're the first I've ever seen say this.

We could take out some things from DS3's ng and have it only show up in ng+, if that's what you'd like. You know, like they did with DS2.

And what exactly is wrong with that? You honestly want to spend 60-90 dollars on one single playthrough of a game?

Better than Souls 3 due to the dlc /scholar. Base game? Yeah, probably the worst.
Still somehow more interesting than the regurgitation of characters and environments that followed in souls 3 though.
T. Someone who enjoyed literally every souls except for the latest dlc

Scholars dlc is still worse than 3's base game

its worst if you play your souls games once and never touch them again
its best if you like doing multiple playthroughs with various builds going into multiple ng+.
its also the most challenging of them all except for bosses, but all bosses in souls are lamest shit ever compared to actually good boss fighting games.

This. Dark Souls II mechanics sour the otherwise decent parts of the level design, which are overrated anyways.

>people meme at me the DS2 PVP is better than DS3 PVP

>Stunlock with literally every weapon is more engaging PVP.

DS2's NG+ just adds a very cheesy element with ton of dark phantoms with high health infinite stamina, you get the point, its different but it doesn't really improve the second playthrofgh by much

>what the fuck I'm mashing the r1 button while I'm stunlocked and nothing is happening now I'm dead wtf how was I supposed to know

Meanwhile no risk ranged weapon has one of the highest damage output in the game great game design B team

As someone that's played every souls game, including all DLC and Bloodborne, I'd say DaS2 is above 3 purely for it's replayability. Special snowflake ranking coming up.

BB > DaS1 > DeS > DaS2 > DaS3

these games live and die by their maps and none will compare to ds1 world that unfolded infront of you and all the choices you had to go from the start

Das1>BB

Too bad inter connectivity is not the only reason people like souls games.

>No game will ever recapture the fun of Bellcunt Hunting

woah

>Bellcunt Hunting
Explain

No amount of replayability will fix the broken enemies, terrible bosses and dumbfuck encounter designs.

BB > DS1 > DS3 > DS2
(Did not own a PS3)

Scholar > Prepare to Die edition on PC > DeS > DaS1 > BB > DaS2 > DaS3

Nothing. Dark souls was a piece of trash, dark souls 2 was a masterpiece. It's artscape was beautiful and unique it has no equal in terms of aesthetics. It's storyline was more or less coherent and understandable and also enjoyable. It was refreshing. It had nice combat with the guardbreak and dual wield was a much needed piece. The characters were interesting and their places felt magical, the boss fights were top tier and didn't seem like total shit from a fever dream.

One of the best games I've ever played, glad to have spent the summer before my junior year playing it.
>put off doing work to play dark souls 2
Worth it.

Belltower has a constant stream of invaders and the arena is more interesting than either of the 2 covenants that do this in DaS3 because it's not this wide open space.
You can then fight bell covenant or red invade and also fight bell covenant.

You can Cracked Red Eye invade in the Bell Tower and attack Bellkeeper Covenant Invaders You literally get 3v1 fights while protecting the host as a makeshift summon, and its fucking phenomenal shutting them all down.

If the host gives you shit, you can just kill them

that webm

>What went so wrong?
I know this is a meme and it is awful. You can start this kind of thread about literally any game. Atleast make some statement for fucks sake.

You're right! Das2 is almost as good as Skyrim!

Underage memers on Sup Forums can't get off on funposting without a reddit friendly title for the thread

>This is the best Souls game by far.
Fixed that for you

no but its all the little things that add up

das1 replayability is:
>finish game
>go ng+/create new char
>beat o&s
>remember what comes next
>quit.

More like
>finish game
>make new char
>spend all day getting lag stabbed by jps in the forest

only fucks who havent played BB say that 2 is worst true thing is that ds3 compared to BB looks horrible. and it come after BB. dark souls 2 stands its own, of course it looked bad compared to Das but now its like this.

high tier
BB
Das
Des

Low tier
Das3
Das2

not enymore BB lore and NPCs are more superior than Das1

I've played BB, platinumed it too and Ds2's faults are made even more apparent

>longest, actually has varied dungeons even if they are shorter
>literally the only souls game where developers actually put an effort into making almost everything viable gameplay wise
>spells are a large improvement over the limited magic missile shit they are in 1 and 3
>best multiplayer
>best maiden by far, as in one that actually has a personality and best voice
The fact the gameplay should be enough but you fags all care for Souls """"""""""""""lore"""""""""""" of which DSII also has a lot.

>dungeons and dungeon lenghts
We playing zelda now?

>more superior

and from software does this make money whit low tier games to make high tier game. Das was godsent. Das2 was moneymaker. BB is god send. Das3 is moneymaker. next probably ps4 exlusive ? god send.

Master race souls. not for the peasants.

I honestly kind of found that hilarious- the game's way of trolling me.

My character is incapable of traversing a two-foot ledge. Instead, I need to go up a ladder, over a roof and down from the ceiling, all the while fending off crossbow-toting midget-knights.

It's a rarified 'fuck you', but still a 'fuck you'.

>his game doesn't let him do 900+ damage in a single R1
>his game doesn't let him have a 600+ damage weapon per R1 counter after the second area
Having a shitton of fun here m8

>his game doesn't let you use a safe ranged weapon that 1 shots in pvp

>his game doesn't have any good boss fights
>his game doesn't have good level design
>his game is made by the company's shit team

>Not just stacking dark defense until you're close to 100% immune to dark damage.

>Mirror knight, various DLC bosses
>Even if they're not the best boss fights most of the fights in the game at least give the impression of having tried to do something interesting

>Fair enough most of the level design is pretty garbage

>From Software has no non-shit teams

There were a lot of mechanical changes that didn't really make sense in context of DeS/DS1 (and ultimately DS3), but were workable. Stuff like ADP as a stat, slow regen estus, Soul Memory, Bonfire Ascetics, etc...

And then there were the level designs that didn't really make sense. Using a lot of long, bland hallways to connect the world to create a sense of longer distance between areas, and just geographical mismatches between areas that shouldn't really be there

If anything SOTFS introduced way more problems. Stuff like blocking off certain areas until later game which killed a lot of exploration and what "connectedness" the world really had, as well as throwing in more bullshit to up the "dark souls is hard" meme factor. All the "mechanical" problems of DS2 were bad, but could be adjusted to with enough playtime. SOTFS then took those problems and threw in more that just made it insanely offputting, and doesn't really do much to highlight all the worthwhile features that DS2 brought to the table.

>The bland bosses

ignoring the constant focal points of DS2 hate, this is a big one.

They definitely went with the quantity > quality approach, where a lot of fights felt like reskins (and in some cases were literal recolors of identical bosses), and there were a lot of bosses that should have been mini-bosses instead. Combine in the issues with Adaptability as a stat and most of them also ended up with really boring and forgetful attacks that only became a problem if you ignored ADP altogether, and trivial if you had enough to not completely gimp yourself.

Bonfire Ascetics are fucking good. I would not have gotten Flame Weapon on my first play through with out them. Why are they not in any other Souls game?

>It felt like "generic dungeon crawling setting no.248" in most zones.
Environments felt pretty varied and arcadey in the end though when you look at the complete list.

Forest, poison, lava, spiders, mansion, dark, snow, pirates, castles, dragons, undead etc.. the world is certainly less cohesive because it was scrambled together at the last minute, but the variety is there. Hell the game even has time traveling. Only if those sections would be all as good as the Painted World in DaS 1.

It was the least difficult. Any difficulty came from the worse controls/movement, or bad design e.g mobbing the player with enemies that can pivot and and have infinite stamina.

Lifegems made it piss easy