The first one was supposed to be on the WiiU

6 years later and their new system couldnt even handle that.

So true

>30 second pre-rendered tech demo looks better than a full game
You don't fucking say?

It's supposed to be the other way around.

>6 years later and people think something that was repeatedly called a tech demo was ever going to be a game
It sure was great playing that FF7 remake back on PS3 too, right?

TP and HW still look better.

I really want the 2011 Zelda Wii U to be a real game.
The style is so much better that cell shaded crap.

When you have a couple miles of empty fields to render, you gotta cut corners everywhere else.

>That revisionist history

They specifically said it was a tech demo and was not meant to be reflective of what's coming to the Wii U.

Stop bullshitting, Mark.

Why would it be? It's all pre-rendered, you don't need to worry about anything other than the animation, so you can just pour some solid manhours into it and get something that looks visually impressive, but of course will never be able to look that good for a full game, where the budget needs to go countless ways.

except FF7R looks way better than the PS3 tech demo unlike BotW compared to the Wii U tech demo

That tech demo was for crystal tools and 13 did end up looking better than it.

in bizarro earth maybe

The point of tech demos is not prerendering, it's for real time technology tests in runtime.

Seriously though, what was with the change in art style? Did someone suddenly get a hard-on for Wind Waker or something?

FF7, 8 and 9 looked better than the tech demo they used FF6 characters on since it was for their PS1 engine.

FF10, 11 and 12 looked better than the tech demo they used FF8 characters with since it was a PS2 engine tech demo.

FF13 looked better than the 2005 FF7 crystal tools tech demo.

>This tech demo rendering two models in a single room is prettier than a fully interactive open world

Gee I fucking wonder why?

Been like that since TP, aside from HW

no one cares

it ages far better, I'm glad they ditched "realistic" graphics for the series as TP and OoT's visuals aged like shit.

>a fully interactive open world
hahahahahahaha

TP maybe but OOT is fine.

Someone hasn't been paying attention.

This.
They stated clearly it was only a tech demo and NOT a game in development.

Doesn't change that the game should have looked like that.

I know you're shitposting but that was a Wii U tech demo based on TP style, not a new game or anything.

Just like Space World and then people got upset Wind Waker was completely different. That demo looks like garbage by now btw.

Honestly it was the dynamic lighting that made that demo look as good as it did. A whole game using the resources presented would probably only look half as good like 10% of the time, 9% of that being cutscenes.

It's more interactive than any game before it at least.

Have you been reading the shitposts and not looking at real news and content user?

OH SHIT, YOU'RE BETTER OFF NOT GOING ANYWHERE NEAR IT, OP. FUCK. SHAME YOU CANT STOP OTHER PEOPLE DOING WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH THEIR MONEY!!

The 2014 trailer didn't look half bad, I don't know what the fuck happened two years later.

It was running in realtime on a Wii U though. I think you could rotate the camera and stuff.

They never wanted that tech demo to be a real game.

New Link looks much much better than 2014

2016 looks better than 2014 though. You just cherry picked a derpy expression. Skintone and shading look better.

ITT: People who like Zelda for the wrong reasons.

The first one was running on the WiiU.
But was also not a big deal, with several 360/PS3 games looking better than that.

Was just the MUZELDA effect at full force.
The model on the final game have a fuckton more polygons than the 2011 demo because otherwise it would look like absolute dogshit.

Also 2014 Link seems to have a giant head in comparison to his body.

Nah mate, 2014 / 2016 are clearly superior. You have shit taste.
>m-m-muh realism
Its a friccn famtasy game.

That doesn't entitle it to look like shit.

God Tier
>Majora's Mask style with the shadows

High Tier
>Ocarina of Time's style

Medium Tier
>Skyward Sword's style
>Breath of the Wild's style

It should only ever be used once for 3D Zelda Tier
>The Wind Waker's style

Shit Tier
>Twilight Princess' style

why the fuck put OoT and MM's style so high?
They're pretty ugly, even at the time I felt they were visually murky and blurry games, like a lot of N64 titles.

I always laugh at people who want Zelda to be more realistic. I'm glad Nintendo has the sense to tell them to fuck off.

The Wind Waker is the best looking Zelda game and holds up perfectly to this day. It was so good that they even messed it up with the remake.

>Rayman 2 had a dark-ish fantasy tone
>Aged well enough to warrant remakes on every platform
???

A choice probably haunting them now because new Zeldas lately appear to be trying to recapture the perfect sweet spot Wind Waker nailed so hard it's still in the top three of its visual design type in the business.

Because Ocarina of Time's art is what The Legend of Zelda should look like in 3D. It's not brown and bloom like Twilight Princess. It's not cartoony like The Wind Waker. It doesn't look like a painting like Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild. It doesn't really have any special visual style, nor is it realistic. It's just the art of the game in three dimensions.

So you're saying you want a game with perfectly vanilla visual design that doesn't try to do anything special or interesting.

>It's perfect because it's bland enough to not be dynamic but has enough charm to not be boring; The lightly sugar sprinkled rice krispies of visual design.

not him, and I agree, but I also feel that WW's style is best to remain as only a one-time thing, since its childlike aesthetic could harm the series in the long-run. I'd personally put SS's artstyle high - despite the fact the game sucks, the artstyle did a lot to make the graphics visually pleasing despite how dated the Wii was, especially by the end when SS released.

I think you're letting your nostalgia talk too much, as even though I played it back in the day OoT's artstyle always felt like a slightly less vibrant (but otherwise fairly typical) "N64 style". Also your pic is the remastered version, if you meant that version specifically then you should've specified as I feel it's marginally better than the original OoT artstyle, albeit a bit more generic.

But the first one looks shit.

The atmosphere of the pre-3DS version of Ocarina of Time is fucking perfect.

Skyward Sword looks really bad going back to it. Why did they decide to make the clouds yellow? It was such a poor choice that instantly made me realize what I didn't like about the game when it was pointed out. Why would you make the clouds old paper yellow?

I didn't really play Ocarina of Time until OoT 3D in 2011. It's not like I didn't see my friends playing it when I was a kid, and I did try out one friend's Zelda: Collector's Edition but didn't get that far into Ocarina of Time. But Link in Melee is the iconic Link, the one everyone thinks of.

>childlike aesthetic could harm the series in the long-run
How? The game did well and is a lot of people's favorite Zelda. The only mistake about it was only using that style for DS games that couldn't actually do the style well. It's ridiculous how terrible Link looks in those games.

>so assblasted he can't refute the argument

lol

>Link in Melee is the iconic Link, the one everyone thinks of.
Because he's the definition of bland vanilla Link. He's exactly if you took the designs of the 2D games and made them 3D without trying to add anything interesting to him. None of the actual games need to use him.

I mean in the sense that it'd contradict any possible "darker" games existing in the series if they stuck to the WW style - imagine, for example, playing MM in that style. Zelda games are best when designed around their overall themes, which to be fair nintendo have been doing decently.

Skyward Sword looks gorgeous in HD

I didn't say that they should stick with WW forever. Just that it could be used in another mainline game. Zelda should always be changing styles. That's one of its strongest points.

I love that they made the fog a painting blur. That design decision was genius.

Demo=/=in Game

A lot of it just looks like mud. I get what they were trying to do but I'd prefer sharper textures that just look blurry because of the console's limitations than going full tilt and making it look blurry on purpose.

>You might want to give the order 1886 a U4 Multiplayer beta with the game
What does that even mean

Multiplayer begging for a single player game

Mario did that, and you fucks are always whining about it.

So this is the power of the Switch......

>Zelda is the only game series where the tech demo never looks like the final game

>always goes from popular realistic anime look to cell shaded art style

Really fires up the neurons..

>trailer and Tech demo footage looks better than real gameplay footage

Whoa, really made me ponder

>D----R----A----W D----I----S----T----A----N----C----E

then do it if its so easy. get rekt

> From 2011.

it wasn't prerendered, it was in-engine real time on the Wii U, you could even change the lighting and camera angle in real time

>it takes half a decade to make a cel shaded zelda game

>Guilty Gear Xrd is still the only good looking cel shaded game that feels like you're playing an actual cartoon

Are people still pretending that the Link of the tech demo 2011 didn't look like shit?

First one's a tech demo, dumbass. I bet you expected a game based on that bird demo, too?

I can see something that looks like a game in all that ghosting

I liked the tech demo untill I started to realize how stiff and plastic it felt. Though I probably blame seeing those shitty videos of Zelda games put through UE4.