This is my first time playing a Disgaea game. All I know is that it plays like the FF tactics games...

This is my first time playing a Disgaea game. All I know is that it plays like the FF tactics games. What am I in for bros?

horse wiener

It is not quite like FF Tactics.
Disgaea is about abusing every system and loophole you can find. It's more about learning about the game's internal workings and making the numbers go higher than a proper tactics game. It's a lovely little game, but don't go in expecting deep tactical depth on the execution perspective.

Do you like da grindan game?

Not really..

Yeah I beat chapter 1 already and I still don't think I understand those pyramid things too well. So if I throw them onto a square it will start exploding squares of that color or some shit then?

No I'm pretty sure that changes their color, I think destroying them causes their squares to go boom.

It's kind of difficult to properly explain it in words, and I can't quite remember if D1 is the exact same as later games.

At its most simple: You have a red symbol and a bunch of blue panels. Throw the red symbol onto the blue panels. Destroy the red symbol. The previously blue panels turn red. A Null symbol will entirely destroy all panels of the color it's destroyed on.
Manipulating the colors to be uniform across the map and destroying the entire thing all at once with a Null block nets you huge bonus gauge for item rewards, but the most important part about manipulating geo panels is transporting or destroying their passive effects, both positive and negative.

I'd really recommend just going through the tutorials and seeing it first-hand until you get it.

get ready to name like 10 different characters, I hope you read mythology because I doubt you have that many friends to name people after

also it's grind hell. the item world is an extended grind-zone where you play like 100 stages just to slightly strengthen an item. rip in peace if you don't love to grind. on the other hand, your dudes gain levels decently once you're established and levelled decently

>I hope you read mythology because I doubt you have that many friends to name people after

>not naming your vassals after your waifus and favorite anime characters

You really don't have to grind for the story content.

Some decent humor. Grinding until you figure out how to break the game.

too bad people really fail to realize that and then come back crying after being defeated by midboss

>grinding in item worlds
Jesus christ normies, you could at least try to play the game or something. did you give up on unlocking cave of ordeal or what?

Semon demons.
Grinding

That's about it.

Yes you do. The game doesn't even let you progress until you've grinded enough in the item world.
inb4 "Oh, that no grinding, grinding is when you spend a hundred hours blah blah blah".
You don't realize that you have far higher tolerance to grinding than other people.

Are you retarded?
10 lvl item requirement is only part when story requires something from item world
Disgaea 1 sure is tougher a bit than later ones, but unless you are completely braindead or created way too many characters - you don't need any grind for any disgaea's main story
just admit that you are shit at geo puzzles.

>Yes you do
no. Just no. the level 10 item isn't even grind, you can take a level 1 weapon and do that in 10 minutes. If you can't understand the basics of a game, it's not its problem, or even our problems. you are just fucking shit, retard.

>This is my first time playing a Disgaea game.
>doesnt like da grindan

You done goofed then. Like, this is going to be on your 2017's regret list in december the 31'st.

You can finish the game without grinding easily

You are retarded.
In your autism you fail to realize you're reacting just as I said you would. Grinding is grinding. If you can't just proceed from one story mission to the next, without having to repeat previous missions, or do the entire levels dedicated specifically to level up, that means you're forced to grind.

>You can finish the game without grinding
This is true.

> easily
This is false, the Seraph will literally teleport behind you and fuck you up.

the game has you do the Item world purely to teach you how it works

>If you can't just proceed from one story mission to the next, without having to repeat previous mission
but you can, you dumb faggot.
>This is false, the Seraph will literally teleport behind you and fuck you up.
as long you can deal with rest of enemies there and have one character with enough HP to survive his attacks - final battle is easy, just heal from afar that big HP character with healer and that's it.
he is too dumb to understand that

You're too retarded to understand that your own autistic definition of grind isn't what grind actually means.

surely you're baiting

just admit that you get game over on midboss and come here to whine becaue you failed to realize what geopanels are, faggot
can't admit your own mistakes? literally no one who plays disgaea will agree with you

>game over on midboss and come here to whine becaue you failed to realize what geopanels are
That's some serious projecting right there. Midboss was easy.
>literally no one who plays disgaea will agree with you
Because it takes a special kind of autists, like you, to enjoy it. That's what you fail to understand. Just admit the game expects and requires the player to grind.

>Just admit the game expects and requires the player to grind.
for the post game
no one does that for main story unless they are bored by it

>Just admit
No, you power tripping faggot, you don't have authority on us, especially for retarded lies. Fuck off, retard. If disgaea is too much for you, you don't belong on a gaming board, and I'm not talking only about Sup Forums.

>people grinding during story
wew lad

I go with herbs and spices.