I haven't been following the details about the game, do we know what's the story about...

I haven't been following the details about the game, do we know what's the story about? Is it going to mention the original trilogy ending? I know it's in the future so they probably can't ignore the ending of ME3.

It's a new galaxy where WeWuz da aliens now

There's no real story, you just play a manlet trying to colonize Andromeda around 600 years after the events of ME3. There's no main antagonist either.

>Do we know what the story's about
For the most part, no. Apparently its pretty focused on exploration, and there's a new race of evil aliens.
>Is it going to mention the original trilogy ending?
Nope. The people left the Milky Way Galaxy between ME2 and ME3, so its pretty much retconned

>I know it's in the future so they probably can't ignore the ending of ME3.
Do you realize that at least 40% of current console userbase doesn't give a shit about ME3 cause they didn't even play it?

What is this retarded argument. 40% of the current console userbase hasn't played pretty much any given game. People who are gonna play ME:A have probably played the original trilogy.

Why didn't the reapers fuck with andromeda?

>original trilogy.
ME1 included? Are you fucking retarded?
That's why no one in the world will ever take Sup Forums ramblings seriously.

Because they were only programmed to operate in the milky way.

Cause they were made for/programmed for the Milky Way by the leviathans.

>Why didn't the reapers fuck with andromeda?
And meanwhile idiots claim that
>People who are gonna play ME:A have probably played the original trilogy.

I just realized that you're right even if you're trolling.
This franchise is 10 years old and if anything people who'd want to play this would either be part of the non-mad fans of the original trilogy or a bunch of kids who were too young to even understand the orignal trilogy.

You're a "pathfinder" on board the Andromeda Initiative, a deep space colonisation project targeting the Andromeda Galaxy.
All ships (Turian, Asari, Salarian, and Human arks) alongside a Nexus leave the Milky Way roughly around the time of Mass Effect 2.
Travel takes 600 years, making arrival long after the trilogy has concluded, with no means to contact the Milky Way.
Numerous garden worlds were detected in the Helius Cluster, which upon arrival have undergone an unusual transformation and are mostly no longer habitable.
Your main mission is to solve the mystery of what happened in the Helius Cluster and establish a homeworld foothold for humanity.
The main opposing alien race is the Kett.
The main friendly race is the Angaran.
There is a unspecified machine race known as the Remnants.

Combat is heavily based on Mass Effect 3, and lessons learned from the multiplayer.
Mission arcs are based mainly on Mass Effect 2 character focus, with intent not to have an overbearing singular doomsday antagonist.
Open planetoids explored via Nomad vehicle and on foot are based on Mass Effect 1.

Data streaming allows for seamless transition between Tempest (your ship) and planetoids.
Multiplayer is mostly the same as Mass Effect 3.
Crafting, not mandatory.
Planetary hazards.
Main missions still mainly focus on scripted level design and encounters.
Open planets mainly for secondary content and exploration.
Asari, Turian female, Krogan, black human soldier, white human biotic, and Angaran squadmates.
Salarian pilots the Tempest.
Can fuck heaps of things.

Yep it's arguably why Halo franchise took hit too.
Their lore is just too messed for anyone who is not following it religiously including reading all books.

Playing as a human again?

ME3 was so bad Bioware literally made the sequel 600 years after the events of the last game in a totally different galaxy to avoid mention of it. I don't imagine we'll be hearing ANYTHING about the events of ME1/2/3

Who the heck plays games starting from the latest one ? That doesn't even make any sense, its like starting to watch a show from the latest season

To be honest the entire setting and premise doesn't sound promising at all, they should've let the franchise die after the clusterfuck that was ME3 and move on like everyone who played that game.

you contrarian fucks make it harder to argue about games every single day

No they are forcing it in between 2 and 3 so they are leaving before the reaper invasion. Doesnt really make sense lore wise but thats a bioware given at this point

so gameplay good if you liked me3, everything else got shittier, story featch quest on par with notmmo da:I and annoying teammates (pb being the new sera)

is that about right?

Gee it's almost like people have different opinions and tastes, holy shit!

>so gameplay good if you liked me3

Am i the only one who loved the gameplay in MP and but hated it in SP?

Its like a different team made the MP because the character reacts much better than in SP even on the same recycled maps. While in SP i die because Shepard doesnt react to me taking cover on the same map in MP he reacts without a problem

How can they fuck up a engine that was created to do the most realistic shadders in modern gaming?

A different team did make the multiplayer, and they're the ones heading Andromeda.

Multiplayer was neat, I think it actually inspired destiny in some way.

im the same but then again playing coop with people makes anygame more fun

was the racist poo in loo in charge of me3 mp as well? if so he did well

Well that probably means Andromeda is gonna have fun gameplay but shit story. The game being casual as fuck confirmed then.

maybe they didnt maybe sera was shaded in 7 shade of shit, if that the case it worked well

i usually mained a manguard and only recently replayed the series as infiltrator and the handling in the SP was fucking terrible. i cant play it on a high difficulty not because of me sucking but because shepard doesnt fucking react when i press the button to go in cover or the does that stupid barrel roll thing

AI is also all over the place depending on the level you can tell how much the game was rushed

>...leave the Milky Way roughly around the time of Mass Effect 2.

I wonder if an indoctrinated character and/or a Reaper artifact was stowed with those colony ships.

this game starts at £55 and i have no fucking idea why.

Thats £10 more than a game usually costs.

It won't matter since they're 600 years over the war from ME3

most games are 60$ these days actually

is it because of brexit?