Tell me your best scams from any game

Tell me your best scams from any game

>playing runescape in my younger days
>'friend' asks me if I can complete the fight caves for him
>hesitant at first but accept to do it
>before he gives his password, he pretends to be someone else on a diff account to test me (he thinks I'm a retard)
>eventually get his pass
>trade all his shit over

>10 mins later he logs on and dms 'why'

Bank was made

Other urls found in this thread:

bestgore.com/murder/12-year-old-gabriel-kuhn-killed-tibia-mmorpg-money-brutal-pics/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Stealing from your friend.

You're no friend at all!

You're just a thieving asshole!

Runescape had some pretty awesome scams. I remember a bridge over lava that you could only cross if you had proper weight, and people made scams around it. You had to be pretty stupid to drop your shit, though.

you're a cunt

In runescape years if i knew you irl i would have stabbed you with a knife.

Popping fools on D2 was SO fucking cash.

My first mistake was going with a stranger to the wilderness because he wanted to show something cool to me.

Lost my rune set because i was new and didnt know what the heck was the wilderness for

OP here

>bestgore.com/murder/12-year-old-gabriel-kuhn-killed-tibia-mmorpg-money-brutal-pics/
Be glad you're not brazilian

Howmuch did you make

I bet the killer was HUEing through the whole thing/

god i wish younger generations can experience scamscape.

>lineage 2
>clannie recognises a name from an alt character in an enemy clan
>he knew this guy from a few years ago, tries his old password
>it fucking works
>alt character is the fucking clan leader (common thing, so many people have access to clan warehouse)
>take EVERYTHING
>make private shops or drop them from PK so they can't be traced by GMs
>500-600~$ worth of gear stolen and none of them had any idea who done it because they shared the account

We cashed out and left the server. Actually played with one of the groups from that clan in the next server, every group was still calling each other scammers.

> walk up to random people in trade world
> open up trade
> give 100k
> person im trading with clearly excited and panicking throwing everything he has into trade
> quickly swap gold to 10k
> spam accept
made 50m in like two weeks around 2007

That's not even a scam. You didn't come up with anything

OP here

He had bandos, claws, a lot of barrows gear and noted supplies. Can't remember exactly but I think I made about 70-100m

Idk how someone so retarded had that much money. My guess is he got lucky with drops or he bought gold. He had a lot of untradeable items too. I remember he had a chaotic rapier and void. I was tempted to drop it all but I didn't feel like being that much of a prick. Idk how he wasn't able to complete fight caves either. Dumb kid

This site is so fake I almost favorited it for laughs.
The original story was that one dude stabbed another dude in the stomach because he wouldn't return his GTB card from ragnarok online, the guy lived because a fucking 14 years old that plays MMO's all days is not going to become the fucking hitman after being robbed once.

That's true. Im bored at work so I kinda typed that quickly without thinking about it. You get the idea though

>do tf2 steam trade
>remove my item and claim it's fine, just a UI error
>"If it doesn't work properly we can trade again, if I take off then I'd get VAC banned and you'd get your stuff back AND mine so it's win win"
That one line let me take so many things.

I wish I took more advantage of kids on the game desu.

once i knew a guy in tf2 that had a bills hat and a vintage bills (way back when they were really expensive) and instead of going for the vintage i gave him advice on selling it then asked if i could have the regular bills.
got it for free and helped a guy out

>2007
>be me, total n00b
>in Lumbridge
>just got a bunch of diamonds from a random event
>guy convinces me to trade him a diamond somehow
>he runs away

FUCK YOU, PRIME_NINJA3

Kek

I was a creative kid and always invented silly things I almost believed in myself as well. I kept spreading rumors of a mysterious temple somewhere in the deep Wilderness where you can raise your stats in exchange of items and stuff like that, then lured suspicious people to random ruins and slayed the fools. Sometimes they managed to spring back in safe zone, after which I tried to convince them to return but they were too smart for that.

I kept creating these myths constantly, can't even remember all of them. Every place had some secret mystery.

I played on my own country's HABBO server, so the community was pretty small and everyone knew eachother.

One day I had a genius idea, I went into the trade lounge and announced I wanted to sell teleport-toiletstall to Wizbamsefar's room.

Wizbamsefar was the biggest whale on the server, he had a fuckton of RP rooms with unique and rare items, each room was connected to a teleport lobby, most of the teleports were to his other rooms but early on he had accepted donations to his teleport room, so there were just a bunch of TP's to all kinds of random rooms.

I traded 1 broken teleporter for 1 partition.

>Also on Runescape, guy randomly asks if I want to trade accounts (with a much lower level chara)
>Obvious scammer is obvious
>Tell him sure, why not. IF the items in his bank=the level difference
>They are, they so totally are
>Notsureif.jpg
>I'll need to check before we trade, then I'll give you my password
>He thinks I've fallen for it
>He can get it back with recovery question he points out
>Which was obviously his plan all along
>Log onto the account, take everything from his bank, 1mil or so, and trade it across
>B-b-b-b-blocked

Little fucker deserved it.

I never scammed anyone but I'm gonna blogpost about getting scammed.

>Diablo II as a 13-year-old
>Finally get my Enigma
>Some decently long time acquaintance of mine helps me mule items and asks to borrow it for a second to show some "interesting stuff"
>Toss it
>Picks it up, teleports around for 10 seconds
>"Cool, huh"
>"Alright, can I have it back?"
>ScamMaster2k (*SuckMyDick) has left our world. Diablo's minions grow weaker.
>"Why?"
>No response
>Whisper him again a week later
>Have short conversations in hopes of getting it back
>Find out where he lives and whatnot; he shows signs of getting closer
>Eventually disappears and I lose hope of ever getting it back
>Another friend has been playing less lately and loans me his Enigma
>Quits and I get to keep it
>I change my account too after joining a tryhard pvp clan shortly thereafter

Now there would be nothing interesting about this if it ended there.

>Fastforward 2 years
>WoW just released, playing Vanilla with the friend who gave me his Enigma
>Run into another guy from our country, group up
>Start talking about past games
>"Oh I played D2 too!"
>"What was your account? We might've been friends"
>"*SuckMyDick"
>Tempted to flip my shit but I say somewhat jokingly "You fucking nigger you stole my Enigma"
>Turns out he had been 13 like us, not 18
>Had done some test to his /f l where he told everyone he got hacked and asked for scraps to get started again
>I had said I had been too poor to even give him a Gaze or something
>Stole shit from everyone who had refused to give scraps to him
>Returned them months later when he couldn't sleep at night because of it
>Never was able to return mine because I changed my account and he suspected I stole the new loan enigma because I got it "back" so suddenly

>We slowly become irl friends and have been drinking buddies etc. for 13 years.
>He might be my future employer

It's not all that impressive but here goes:

>mid 2000s
>playing korean mmo
>you can duel other players while also wagering some gold
>pretend to be low level by wearing lower tier armors
>duel other players, wager reasonable amount of gold
>intentionaly lose by using weakest attacks then go down after a couple of hits
>do this a couple of more times, easy money for them anyways
>sneakily change gold wagered to a couple of millions
>use strongest attacks and one-hit them
>suddenly rich as fuck

I wouldn't count that as scamming, I would congratulate you for roleplaying a sneaky rogue-dueler incredibly well instead. They wanted to take an advantage of your newness anyway in return.

I congratulate you, distinguished Sire, and wish you a good day.

Yeah, that's almost like karmic punishment.

>tfw Runescape taught you everything there is to know about scams and jewing people

Taught me how to into free market. Atleast until the GE came in and fucked that, all the GE did was enable bots to crash the economy harder.

stab him with a knife
as he asks you why just say that life is an enigma

this is definite proof that Uncle Phil posts on Sup Forums

>Guy is buying X rare item
>Have the item, so open a trade with him
>Instead of offering money he offers Y item, which isn't as rare and is worth a lesser amount
>Close trade
>Another guy in the same area says he's buying Y item for a huge amount, more than what X is normally worth.
>See opportunity to make big profit
>Go back to the first guy and open trade again
>Trade X for his Y
>Suddenly both guys log out

Ik runescape was full of impressionable kids but if you fell for this, you deserved to get your shit taken

Hell what could be truer to the modern free market than that

>Playing runescape classic back in like 2003
>had a mithril dagger
>when equipped, all swords looked the same
>see a player holding a rune weapon
>turn on my inner Jew
>somehow sweet talk him and convince him my mithril "2H" was stronger than his rune long
>you can be like Frodo when he fought the cave troll!
>"are you sure? Are you sure"
>open trade window and plop my mithril dagger down which this guy still thinks is a 2H
>he puts up rune long and accepts
armor trimming always worked too. Also
>wow look! Jagex censors your password!
>**********
>would have my brother or friend reply
>*********
>Oh shit it really works!
Some faggot would always fall for it

That's pretty good, I guess all the good scams are the ones that feed on greed.

While not really a scam, it was fun seeing people's reaction to this, usually laughter.

>Head into populated spots of runescape (Usually world 2 Falador)
>Start declaring Free Rune
>The swarm of trade invites
>Pick one at complete random
>Imagine their hopeful faces of getting free rune armor, only to see I added a single air rune

I wasn't lying to them, right?

I did the same thing on too many bored Friday nights
>get people riled up for a drop party
>eventually start an entire train of people
>get to the specific location
>everybody stands around yelling at each other saying to drop
>nobody remembers it was me who initially started it
>laugh as I watch people yell at each other for not dropping
Also I would LOVE finding somebody out in bumblefuck nowhere drop trading and stealing their shit before they could

Haha I did this to fresh noobs, I told them we'd go on an adventure and/or there was treasure or something cool in the wilderness, I killed them and collected their bones

That's pretty harmless and cute

I was a runescape player mod, used to catch fuckers and mute them. Shit was fun, I followed "drop parties" silently and when I talked, the silver crown made most scammers instalog out.

I was a great fucking snitch when I was 12.

How do you even become a player mod if you're like 12? I remember Habbo having an age restriction of 18 that seemed rather absolute.

Dude my friend was a player mod at like 13 back in middle school. You just had to be a good snitch or have someone who could recommend you.

I didn't play much Runescape, but even I scammed someone once.

>Find newbie in big town
>Offer to team up with him to hunt bigger monsters in the wilderness
>PK him once we're out of town

>people never lie about their age on the internet
I told neopets I was 18 back in like 2001 when I was 10 so I didn't have to deal with those parental constrictions

They asked and I told 'em, they didn't have a problem with age, just knew the rules and reported accordingly. One of my best pmod friends was a 45 year old mother of two.

I somehow thought they'd ask to see a picture of your driver's license or something to prove you actually were of the age seeing as you'd kind of be representing them in the game despite not being an employee as such.

And I never looked into player mods in Runescape so I wasn't sure if they had a requirement or not, but I'd assume they might have had.

Same. It is a little jarring. I played RS2 or just runescape whatever it's called these days, and would shit my pants out of respect on the rare chance I saw a mod. Knowing that it was probably some shitty little 12 year old is a little weird

>Grab a friend
>Stand on one end of time wanting to buy and item for a lot
>stand on the other side of the town myself selling it slightly cheaper
>idiot buy my shitty item
>runs up to my friend
>"Sorry already got it."

Imo they really didn't deserve any respect, they're just players that can mute people that break rules (and if they miss-mute, they have to write up a report to jagex why they'd fucked up). They can't ban or anything (and they can't crossworld mute, they have to witness the scam happening).

One of the most popular requests to jagex IIRC was the option to hide the crown so that everyone doesn't get anxious or kiss-ass on us.

Also trading felt really bad because you'd have the crown and your trade was way more noticable than the others in chat, made me go semi-ironman.

Pmods couldn't mute these scams because there's no way to prove them, they're good and they're unnoticable.

There's a special place in hell for human garbage like you.

that happend to me to once in guild wars, except it really worked

I fell for way too many scams when I was a kid. I'm honestly quite thankful that it happened as it taught me a lot about trusting people. I even had a guy I'd been friends with for years log off with my stuff and block me, although he did give them back because he forgot to block my MSN and my message caused him to feel really guilty. It's a shame that most kids now won't experience this.

>my message caused him to feel really guilty
Curious now. Do you recall what it might have been?

Not really, I think it was just something along the lines of "If my barrows set is worth more than our friendship then keep it" with a bit of generic "I thought we were friends" stuff.

>wow
>rp server
>join a rogues only guild
>it's all fun and games, but slowly becomes inactive
>eventually it gets to a point where I'm the only one who has logged in over a month
>set up a ticket
>ask gm if I could get guild leader status to "rekindle" the guild
>madman does it
>remove all the previous members including guild leader
>3 slot guild bank full of dosh, crafting materials and potions

>few months later the guild leader comes back online asking me wtf has happened.
>I told him "there's no honor among thieves."
>blocked
>masturbate to the thought of the guild leaders tears.

Good times

that's not a scam, that's just straight up thievery.

That's dope. First step is to block and never look back, just like when the bank calls about debts and so on.

>Free
This is where you fucks are stupid

>Armor trimming, only 50g
>You know I'm not a scam because I'm actually charging you for the work
>Free is an obvious scam
>Take their armor and their money

>dropping 28 of the skeleton-spawning skulls in Lumbridge
>dozens, if not hundreds of dead noobs

good shit back in the day

I used to lure noobs to Karamja and told them they can get a Dragon Longsword if they killed tribesmen, but they had to carry a bunch of useless quest items from the F2P quests for it to work. Once they got hit with the 11dps poison from the tribesmen I'd trade them with an anti-poison and spend the whole time saying I wanted more money for it while they slowly died, and then I looted their corpse.

>Maplestory
>2008
>me and a friend go to a random guy
>"hey we're filming an MMV (maple music video, autistic i know) and we need another player -wanna be on youtube?"
>almost every time they say yes and follow us
>say the music video is about money and we need him to do a happy face while surrounded in precious things that he dropped
>"dont worry we will both stand all the way over here we could never take your items from this far"
>he drops his most expensive items
>he doesn't know we have a 3rd friend hiding behind a wall that completely hides both him and his nametag
>3rd friend jumps out from hiding straight onto the dropped items and picks them up
>we change channel and split the loot

this actually worked and even though we did it over and over we never got banned

>playing EVE for about 6 years
>had no idea how anything worked
>join one of the FOTM Sup Forums corps
>learn more or less everything I needed to know
>get flung to some rando miner corp that's 80% chinese players
>but the higher ups all speak english fluently so I get told to join all their teamspeak convos to mediate and translate
>I didn't know chinese at ALL, but actually started learning for the express purpose of playing in this corp.
>Years went by and between learning from the players and taking courses at a local community college, my chinese gets to a level where i'm comfortable actually conversing.
>get an offer on ICQ from some guy making a bot for maplestory to make the UI for him, and handle setting up the website so it doesn't look like some chink made it
>take the offer, rip off the corp I was in, and sell login information to the accounts they'd given me to multibox with to the highest bidder

Made about $800 from selling the accounts (none of them were like goonsquad tier important, but it ruined that corp.), and I still make about $300 USD a month from website upkeep for the bot. I've gotten other offers since for web development, more legitimate offers, but I don't know, the pay is a salary type deal as opposed to just getting a cut of sales. Been thinking of helping the guy I help with the maplestory bot make a runescape one, actually. Which is why I even clicked on the thread. Guess it's a sign. Thanks OP.

>screwing over runescape players in 2007
>make a thread about it while at work in 2017

fuck user, glad im not kys tier like you

>chinese RMT drops an item in diablo 2
>Steal it
>he and a group of people literally stalk me for two or more weeks

it was pretty funny honestly

>"Jagex has a neat little system that puts asterisks over your password to prevent hackers from typing it in!"

>"***** see?! Isn't that cool?"

>person proceeds to type up their password and I get their account.

Mind you, this was before there was any sort of security besides mailing out your password on Runescape. I would just get their account, drop their shit and pick it up with my main.

>put up 1m
>take 989996
>repeat

I remember getting scammed in the duel arena, think it was around the same time summoning came out. This guy wanted to stake 100m against me (bearing in mind he was a much lower level, much lower combat stats). He ticks all options to disable them, we enter the duel arena and he summons a Rune Minotaur but I didn't realise the tick option for summoning was 'enable' summoning.

>he took off his boots just to try this scam
I love maplestory

Not so much a scam but you could get away with so much backstabbing in Ultima Online considering the majority of transactions or even just asshattery was based off trust. And if all else failed you could just stalk someone till they weren't safe and gank them to rob whatever they had on their body.

pic related but even this doesn't touch the amount of creative stuff you could do.

this happened to me
only I was the victim
I cried and asked him "Why would you do that"
his response was "that's the way of life"

This is when I learned not to trust people

Runescape's tehnically a godsend for a kid, it teaches you basic shit and it teaches you how not to get scammed, how to trade, how to do shit, risk calculations and some arithmetics.

People, especially kids, are terrible. I thought I was being a prick, but some other anons were/possibly still are just plain assholes. The regrettable thing is that I was not even aware I was doing the wrong thing as a child, but was just having fun.

t. I myself learnt to distrust people when I was in another city for uni application tests as a teenager. While sitting at the bus station, a young woman, slightly above my age, came to ask for a coin for something and being the nice guy I was, I gave her some coins. Some time later she returned to me with some drug-abuser man by her side while holding a pack of beer in her hand, brand new. I refused that time.

Fuck people.

>that's the way of life

Tell us more

>demotivational poster
>le meme text
I might be a vapid cunt, OP but you're a fucking faggot.

Hmm lets see
I would trick people befriend them, lead them into wildy and give them chincompas, best thing i ever got was a verac set, or trimmed rune armor.

I did the falador mole scam, i cant remember what i got but it was bank loot like 3-5m

When wildy waas removed and the pvp worlds were put in i would create a pk team with a bunch of friends, split our group into two and with the smaller group i would run around asking people to team up with us. We would switch world to join the other group and insta kill the new guy hoping for no reaction to protect item.

Best kill we got was sgs.

My biggest scam was phishing, me and a buddy would trick people into joining our gwd team. Giving us their password to the account, i scammed over 700m from that and paid myself 95 prayer 99 mage. Whats funny is i even scammed my m8, he was 2 much of a pussy getting ip banned so my job was to log in, depending on the total amount on the acc i would scam him for atleast half, giving me a 75% share.

Its funny what people got on their notepad ingame, one guy had a dks guide he was poor, like 7m poor so i refused to steal his stuff.

Another guy had names of pornstars on his notepad.

Every single one would log onto their alt account and message me begging for their stuff back.

I pretty much never stole anything from people who had less then 10m, they were just poor people trying to make money hence looking for a godwar dungeon team. Biggest jackpot was a guy with 200m bank

On battle.net I had a bunch of one-word account names that people would want to trade Diablo items for. The hook was that every account asked if you wanted to register the name to an email address and if you did then people would never want to trade. What I would do is enter an email address but not respond to the confirmation email. It would appear that it hadn't been registered, we'd trade, the person would register the account to their email and I'd let them use it for a few days.

Then I would respond to the original confirmation email, the system would swap the registration to my address and I'd get the account back.

Op here

Kek someone's mad. I must've scammed you back in the day. Don't be sad user

I did this with choc ice at varrock West bank with my brother, I sold it for 100k and he bought it for 500k. If anyone anyone has there own choc ice we would log and try the next World. We. Did this for hours.

This is one of my better scams
>Sitting round lumby
>Refer to myself as the Oracle
>Tell players for a few gp I can tell them their future
>They give me their gold
>Tell them some nonsense about finding what they seek
>Profit
Jokes on them, im not a real fortune teller

You mean I won't get to have a gf?

Not unless you buy mine 50k.

I was the original armor trimmer and i made trillions doing this

If they all looked the same when equipped, how did you know his was rune?

>bandos
>claws
>younger days
fuck off underage

>that's the way of life

>World of Warcraft back in the day
>Could gift-wrap packages and send them
>Started a "lottery"
>Send 3 wrapped items with CoD of 10g to randoms, told them they had the chance of getting a BoE epic
>Only ever sent grey items, never had any epics
>Most people ignore or call me a shitter, some idiots fall for it
>Make 300g easily
>That plus what I had was enough to get my epic mount
>mfw

OP here

>best scam

I started playing rs in early 07. This was my younger days. I did this in like 2010

Alright newfaggot, stop saying OP here, we get it.

Op here

ebin

>are you le mad
What are you, 12?

OP here, I'm a flaming faggot and fap to feminine penis