youtube.com/watch?v=BugUWeJIU8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=zAonsAO9sHI
youtube.com/watch?v=mHswm4oyKQ4
youtu.be/uO06XUnlpYc?t=18m6s
youtube.com/watch?v=Br3uvu7_Tew
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The MM2 fights are annoying as fuck.

More games need bosses that are actually impossible to avoid taking damage from

i always found it weird that the mm2 strats didn't work on him because of his larger hitbox on attacks

no, that's literally artificial difficulty

is there a MM power more broken than this

Wow, I forgot how beautiful mega man's sprite art was.

Rush Jet and playing as Bass

Why do people prefer 2 over 3 again? 3 is longer, harder, better.

You can jump over the leaves but it is difficult.

Did someone say larger hitbox?

Wily's castle is a bit too unfinished for it to be perfection
And you can tell they wanted to do more but couldn't do it in time so skull bot is fought in repeat stages

Skull bot?

Also the doc robots are the real endgame anyway, wily's castle is basically just a bunch of mechanically interesting boss fights

Skull bot is his real name, doc robot is a mistranslation
>wily's castle is basically just a bunch of mechanically interesting boss fights
That's what I'm saying

I don't anyone could've taken more difficult levels after the doc robots, which is what my instruction manual calls them and I trust that source more

Doc Robot gets its name from a mistranslation- Dokuro Robot. Dokuro meaning Skull. The official art actually shows the skull face they have better-- the sprite just makes it look like Gutsman.

Wily Castle is why there's even debate between MM2 and MM3. If the game kept up the high bar it had set before hand, it'd be a no contest, but Wily Castle just is a huge wet fart of non-difficulty from all the stuff that you went through to get there.

But other robots dock in it. That's why they're so huge, so they can fit in. Everything Wily makes is a skull robot, that's his whole motif.

MM3 might be a better game, but damn... MM2 has THE BEST soundtrack on the NES.

>that Willy Castle
>rehashing MM2 bosses
>"perfection"
No you dumb faggot

>"argument"

I dunno, I'm pretty sick of hearing Wily Stage 1 and etc. from MM2. MM3 has some incredibly catchy tunes too:
youtube.com/watch?v=cJ3hNF3EyGA

I never got why these weren't hyped more

Replayed on the legacy collection the other day. Was the slowdown on MM3 really that fucking bad on the original NES? It kind of makes the game easier sometimes but other times it just makes it feel unplayable.

MM2 just wins by default on this metric.

3 is my favorite game of all time.
It just has an amazing soundtrack, ending, slide mechanic was great, bosses were memorable and fun. It's not a perfect game, but it just feels so right or me. Plus I love Proto Man's character.
I always thought it was just a metaphor, and Doc Robot already had the Master inside him. He wears their parts, after all.

Wily Fortress is fucking boring to play through.
Taking damage from the Doc robots is sometimes unavoidable.
Large amounts of lag compared to the other games.

>harder

Only the RM stages. Wily's Castle is a complete joke in 3

My nigga and yeah im at the point of hating wily 1 stage im mm2

I think the worst Wily fortress wasn't a Wily Fortress but actually a Wily level.

Megaman III on the Game Boy just skips it outright and throws like three levels' length of gameplay and difficulty into a single stage, no extra lives. It's fucking ridiculous.

youtube.com/watch?v=KkEXfcbO8kE

to add to that I feel MM1's wily is pretty underrated as well. It's just very somber and strange.

youtube.com/watch?v=BugUWeJIU8Y

I'll bite. Which are better?

While that might be true for most of the Game, MM3's theme is amazing, and this comes from a person that loves MM2

Oh big time. It's a strange theme in its tone when you look at how hype all the others try to make you. I suppose the only that I can think of that is similarly somber is MM7:

youtube.com/watch?v=zAonsAO9sHI

*blocks ur path*

so i herd u wer invadin wily castle like i wouldnt find out

I don't remember it well enough to argue. I remember liking it on a similar level, but some of the level design annoyed me.

It suits it though, III had some extremely long stages. Dustman's stage feels like it just goes on and on.

9 is very good but it's hard to compare a game released 25 years later.

Like what's your favorite platformer, Mario galaxy 2 or Pitfall?

>amateur rom hack of mm2
>literally spikes everywhere in the game

Nah that's some shitty kaizo mario tier garbage I'll pass.

literally what the fuck are you talking about

Slowdown is the trademark of nintendo consoles.

Bloodborne is on the Switch now?

3-6 are enjoyable but I never liked the filler middle sections they added. The best formula is the eight robot masters followed by a 4-5 part final gauntlet. The Skull/Doc robots of III, Cossack castle of IV, Proto castle of V, and Dr. X castle of VI just set up a plot of "Dr. Wily's not the villain this time, oh wait, yes he is" and just pads out the length of the game into overstaying it's welcome by the time I get to Wily's castle. The eight plus five final stages has just the right length and it would have been really nice if Capcom stuck with those middle areas as the final levels and had more villains for the series than them all being Wily again.

>overstaying it's welcome

Justify paying 60$ for a 90 minute game.

That was always my favorite Wily stage theme

I'd say they're about even in quality.
Whichever you prefer is more likely to land on which game you prefer.

Mega Man 3 is my favourite too, but 4 is so good. When I play it I always think that it is the best Mega Man game, even though 3 is special to me.

4 is my favorite

Nah, 2 is only liked for subjective reasons (muh first second MM, muh OST, muh ayy) while 3 is liked for objective reasons (bigger, longer, harder, more stages, more bosses, better weapon balance, more complex story, more complex boss AI)

Slowdown
Permanent progression blocks if you screw up
Crappy weapons
Crappy UI

Megaman 4 is better than Megaman 3.

>Permanent progression blocks if you screw up
Like what?

This happens in 2 as well.

>impossible to avoid
youtube.com/watch?v=mHswm4oyKQ4

There aren't any, like all 4fags he never played 3. If he had then he wouldn't be a 4fag anymore.

You can run out of jet, but you have a dozen of other options at that point.

>S-sony
Underage detected.
There's actually a version of mm3 who fixes almost every lag the original have and some bugs like the Top spin weapon drain.

This lag meme dies now. The other games had lag too. Jumping on the heads in Iceman's stage, going by the waterfall in Bubbleman's stage, 3 is nothing special.

Megaman 2?

Anyways, in Megaman 3, I think some parts require the use of Rush Coil/Rush Jet.

You can't even die/get a game over to recover weapon energy.
I think you're stuck unless you have another controller to 'super jump'

Running out of coil requires using it ten times for basically no reason. It's the same as releasing all your Pokémon in Cinnabar island.

Within reason, you can catch Pokemon on Cinnabar.
You're stuck in Megaman 3.

None that know surf. 3 has a failsafe and a password system.

Did you know it's actually impossible to beat Resident Evil 4 if you accidentally press the off button?

Fishing Rod -> Some Water Trash -> HM Surf?

Also, where's the progression blocker in Megaman 2?
Nothing really comes to mind.

Not an excuse. The other Megaman games on the NES run a lot smoother in comparision.

MM3 in general feels unfinished. Doc Robots are quite the difficult spike and the Wily Fortress stages that follow are devoid of any challenge. Heck, some of the screens are pretty much empty with no threats at all.

I don't hate MM3 but it needed more polish. It's atleast more interesting than MM5.

In 2 you need Clash Man weapon to destroy the 4th boss in Willy,s Castle. Run out of ammo, and you get back to the level checkpoint, where you can get some more ammo.

The same happens with Willy: run out of Bubble Lead, and you got to kill yourself because there is no enemies to fill your Bubble Lead ammo...

In 3 this only happens in Needle Man level where you need Rush Jet item to cross a big section without floor. And the final boss must be destroyed with Top Man weapon, which is basically bugged and sometimes works and sometimes dont.

So, both games have troubles with it,s designs... But both are awesome games.

LOL.
No.

You can die in Megaman 2.
I believe there's a part in Megaman 3 where you're actually stuck.

If that,s true that never happened to me. If you are out of ammo you can always get a game over and restart the level.

Mega Man 4 is the better MM game, and it has a much better soundtrack.

>Toadman
>Skullman
Aw yeah

youtu.be/uO06XUnlpYc?t=18m6s

Also, in Needleman's stage (revisit), I think they give you a free drop and you can farm from enemies.

Also, you don't have to use Top Spin.

Gamma is weak to Search Snake also

You believe wrong

I think that user is talking about a situation where you'd need weapon energy to advance but can't kill yourself due to a lack of enemies or pits. But it never happened to me either.

>Skullman theme
>Good
Pick one and only one

Fight me, fag

Charge shot breaks the whole idea of Mega Man. It literally kills all joy in almost every way
>Makes side weapons pointless
>Having to always hold it isn't fun than quickly tapping (and you will hold it because its the best way to play MM4)
Also it kills the music. Because it takes up a complete channel to make that charge sound. So no MM4 isn't good at all.

MMIV was the only game to give it proper balance, by making you suffer recoil from the blast, severely limiting your jumping distance.

While true it still really shouldn't exist. MM9 had the right idea of taking it away.

MM2 is best, but it's really close so who really cares

...so what you're saying is that Megaman 4 should be re-released with extra hardware to support additional audio channels!?

...Do you know how the NES works? That's literally impossible to do. The only way to really do it was to release it on the Famicom Disk system since that supported the extra channel. But the game is too big for that and we never gotten the Disk System over here.

Yeah, you can fill your Rush Jet ammo with those bastard fireflys and those parachute fuckers...

Really? Ok, I will try that later.

>that pic
source?

But it's cool having side weapons that are broken as shit?

MM2 is a fucking joke and 3 is unbalanced.

Also, Dr. Wily Dog.

Dunno where specifically, but I know thst's Hamada from Gaki no Tsukai

>*pause spams*

The whole idea of the sub weapons was to offset your fairly useless pea shooter. Yeah the blades were way too strong in 2 but the answer is to understand how to better balance everything. But in the end instead of fixing the sub weapons so they are useful they decided to ditch it for the easy ability to almost never use them.

THAT WON'T WORK

youtube.com/watch?v=Br3uvu7_Tew
>well this song is pretty n-
>bewbebebew bebew bew bew bewbebebew bebew bew bew

It's too hard for most to beat it in 90 minutes the first time.

Cannot unsee that robot's tits

Geez. And they're so blatant too.

Bass takes forever to kill robot masters with his buster unless you pick the double damage in MM&B, no idea about 10 since I'm still doing some missing things on 9.

OR you could just use their weaknesses. Whoops. Suddenly the charged buster is pointless.

It's actually easier to not let Dynamoman heal with Bass' buster.

You forget Needleman who can be a bitch without using Gemini Laser.

Shadowman, Magnetman, aside from Quickman they're all harder than 2's bosses and 3 even has a harder version of Quickman in it.

Shadowman can be sometimes unpredictable (after jumping, sliding or using Shadow Blades obviously), but the robot master I always go first in 3 is Magnetman.

My stupid guide said that was the optimal order too. What utter bullshit. Disappearing blocks, you fight Breakman and then magnet just rapes you with a rake.

Topman is the obvious choice, even Snakeman is better than magnet.

or, it's a game where you have to change your tactics to an attrition race, noob

As long as you're not letting him walk all over you (literally, not figuratively) Snakeman is easy pickings. I always thought it's fine to go after him first if you're not interested in Topman all the time.

>>amateur rom hack of mm2
>>literally spikes everywhere in the game
The weapons are worth most of the time except Tornado Blow (excluding to moving platforms) and Plug Ball though.