What went wrong Sup Forums?

What went wrong Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X_1WiEHvtS0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nakayama - Ono - Woshige.

The Triumvirate of unexciting disappointing fighting games.

DLCs
Rushed production
Garbage online
Capcucks eating it up

nothing was right in the first place

>Rushed game
>Tried to make it a hybrid between 3rd strike and SF4
>It worked well but the game requires little execution
>Slowed down all together
>quite a bit of input lag
>People blame losses for input lag
in honesty I actually like this game a lot and I don't even play top tier (Vega mostly)
what they tried to do was a great idea to try and get all SF players from many generations into it but sadly failed once too many things went wrong
people complain a lot when things aren't like the game before it no matter what but crybabies prevailed and new articles slandering the game we're everywhere messing up sales

t-rex limbs and everything else people have said

>balanced to appeal to retarded casuals while trying to be "competitive"
>launched without the features casuals actually cared about

gameplay is fine. interface is just shit

>gameplay is fine
found the 16er

epsn and non-player audience

everything since beggin

more like 09er

I have not met a single player that liked and was good at sf4 that genuinely enjoys sf5, it has actually killed my local scene.

EIGHT FRAMES
OFFLINE INPUT LAG

>BnBs require frame-perfect input
Yeah no thanks. I don't want to grind away at 4 to the point where I can do basic combos.
What an awful game that was.

>I have no patience or execution

You are exactly the sort of person that caused Capcom to shit out this abomination, the input barrier has nothing to do with why this game is a piece of shit. Go back to smash

>he thinks BnB execution being lowered makes the game somehow better
>with the removal of footsies
>even harder constant oki
>lack of options
>boring one dimensional roster

nobody says the combo inputs are bad. but the combo routes are bad. there is only 1 combo for every char, leading to the same situation every time. they might as well have added 1-button autocombos
and the neutral footsie game is utter trash

At least use correct shit on your bait next time.
It's 6 and can be reduced to 5 on pc.

>Game has been "simplified for a wider audience" aka casuals who just want to mash buttons
>Slow as shit movement and walk speed
>Huge floaty jumps with next to no horizontal range
>Tiny ranged normal's
>Tiny hitboxes on everything
>Normal's have a shitty priority system
>Throws are slow as shit with no range
>Links are gone and combos are now mashable
>Huge buffer window
>No close standing attacks
>No neutral jump attacks
>Dizzy making people fall out of combos
>Game is full of comeback mechanics desinged to "lower the effectivness of player skill"
>Only super can chip kill
>V-Trigger a huge universal buff you get as a rewarded for losing
>V-Reverasl a get out of jail free you are rewarded with for losing
>Receve less damage the less health you have
>Worst roster in a street fighter game to date fan favorites replaced with characters no one wanted like birdie and rmika
>Risk/Reward is skewed due to high damage from jump ins yet pitifully low damage on anti airs and how you can no longer get large damage punishes from a jab
>Huge amounts input lag
>Constant fps loss on ps4 and high end PC's
>Random input drops
>Dumbed down mechanics
>Top players already saying the game is casual garbage
>P2W
>Game literally released in an unfinished state
>Online doesn't work correctly
>No punishment for rage quitters
>lobbies that dont even work most of the time with no flags or ping
>8 frames of input lag
>Actually install malicious Kernel level rootkit that grant unauthorized access to your machine

TL:DR
everything isn't exactly the same as SF4
for a new game new mechanics need to be put in place, otherwise it'd be shit
every new SF has had more stuff or less stuff
sf5 ain't an exception
although a lot of those are valid reasons, a lot of them are petty
you also put input lag twice, and there are punishments for rage quitters
Online is fine now just plug in an ethernet or something
Priority system of normals was in SF3 I'm pretty sure
either way I agree with some of those reasons
but some of them just sounds like salt because the game isn't exactly like previous titles

>sf5 has one new mechanic and it's shit

Capcom wanting to make money before the fiscal year

stop whining already. move to revelator or wait for T7.

>Online is fine now
Its not, online in SFV is abysmal, infact its fundamentaly broken. Mike Z explained exactly why.

Basically because crapcom was too cheap to buy the license to GGPO instead they hired one guy to make a bootleg version of it in a few weeks, needless to say he didn't do a good job and doesn't work very well.

close normals, neutral jumping normals, and chip kills are all pretty archaic, man. almost no modern fighting game has that sort of stuff, and for good reasons. guts (taking less damage as you have less health) is also in practically every other game besides street fighter, and doesn't actually impact gameplay besides creating artificial hype because health bars are lower.

>close normals, neutral jumping normals, and chip kills are all pretty archaic
0/10
Put some effort into your bait

the only modern game that has close normals is guilty gear, which is intentionally keeping absolutely retarded and old mechanics for the sake of its retarded and old player base.

Jesus Christ, so much hate. Beyond the lack of an arcade mode, nothing went wrong. Just people jumping onto another internet bandwagon. Drones.

>Beyond the lack of an arcade mode, nothing went wrong
Spot the shill

Yes, Capcom's paying me to defend the game against the occasional shitpost on Sup Forums.

>horrible loading times that make Commodore 64 games look fast in comparison
>bad online
>bad matchmaking
>rage quitting isn't punished hard enough

Yes, you're right. It sure feels great to wait for literally 5 minutes until you find an oppenent online, and then two wait for 2 more mintes because loading times are horrible. It even feels better when you find someone, play 2-3 fights against them, then have to wiat another 2+2 minutes before getting matched with the very same person again. Thanks Capcom!

>09ers actually believe this
you can be an unpaid shill of your own will

Brutal.

I am astounded at the sheer incompetence of Capcom displayed post-SF4. SFxT was a major blunder that had a sure-fire concept but still failed due to retarded game design. SFV flopped even harder despite learning from SFxT. These devs are utterly incompetent and should've been let go a decade ago. They are killing SF.

>people lagspiking casual games
For what purpose!?

this so much.

matchmaking in fighting games is killing the genre off among other things. just give us a list like SFIV.

Accurate

And people are hyped for MvCi....I don't get what's instilling the confidence in them.

A classic example of a dev taking their audience for granted and trying to appeal people outside that.

They have the people who made the old Vs. games developing the game instead of Woshige and the guy who mmade DMC2, there is at least some hope for this game

"We hear you, expect updates on your omelet soon!"

The system is definitely salvagable. But in almost every field that is not immediate game mechanics it wholeheartedly underperforms. I know they are trying to avoid a large "super" update but a mass rebranding and reimplementation like a SSF4 update could do wonders. Also high quality models with the most unflatering camera angles and art design in history.

at least the music is good, right guys?

Honestly I feel the biggest issue with the game is the lack of communication between Capcom and the fan base. Theirs no reassurance, it's slow, everything that is said feels empty, and when something is said, it usually involves them making money...cpt stages, costumes, and characters...

The game needs a relaunch and rebranding if only to salvage hope and rebuild trust, especially amongst the casual crowd.

Probably the worst fighting game i have ever played

MVCI has the original Vs series team working on it. I just hope that Ono don't fuck the game up because he said "i learned alot from overwatch" in a interview back in december

>Online is fine now

>released in an unfinished state
>balance was trash out the gate, balance and patching team clearly have no idea at all how to correct this
>characters go from top tier to low tier and vice versa in the space of one patch/season update. see ryu or balrog
>netcode is utterly terrible. i have never played an online fighting game with worse netcode nor a fighting game with slower matchmaking and loading times
>horrible aesthetic and sound, boring visuals compared to effects seen in GG or even tekken. no announcer voice, no sounds or voice during win screens. clear lack of thought put into these areas, possibly as a result of never being designed for arcades/as a constant advertisement

its just ass all the way round. it has a good engine and the barebones of a decent fighting game but everything on top of that base layer is fucking shit. its like a cheesecake base with sloppy curly turds on top

and yet those same fans who gave SF such low ratings are still playing it. meanwhile KOF is fucking dead. Gone.

a game which exists solely for its PvP element will always thrive when it has players

the lack of any big name competitors has allowed SFV to flourish in spite of itself. KOF had no hype going into its latest iteration. tekken was still a year and more away from release when SFV came out. MKXL has a stagnant community/competitve scene and is made by a studio known for making games with fuck all competitive credibility. marvel was at melee status at the time, dead to its devs, but nowhere near as popular yet dominated by players who have been grinding away at it for a decade. soul calibur is dead. pokken is clumsy as fuck to est up and only available on the wii etc etc

SFV could have been crushed if Namco had any decent products in the marketplace at the time. its an awful game. but it ran mostly uncontested in a marketplace(traditional FGs) which hadnt had a new release in years

I don't think anyone is still playing SF

kolin's reveal has 500,000 views on youtube and she's not even a classic character.

shitloads of people are still playing SFV. what choice do they have? play KoF against the same 10 guys near enough to them to have an acceptable connection?

people are playing SF because there isn't anything else besides Revelator which has a massive execution barrier and is too overwhelming for most people

>ultra
>better than anything

SFV is shit but cmon

Ultra was a pretty good game, way better than SFVirus

literally meaniningless

case in point

youtube.com/watch?v=X_1WiEHvtS0

Netcode
8-frames
Rushed release date
Shameless money jewery
FGC being such a small and niche community

Ultra was gay

ultra vs ultra, input lienency, throw mashing and mashing vs blockstrings, terrible hitboxes, awful throw distance.

Shit game that 09ers love because they started with it

Doesn't the concept of 'ranks' inherently split 'good' players from 'inexperienced' ones? Fuck's sake

What's your favorite SF user

>fighting game of the year

That trailer came out a month before the game was even released.

I know this is bait, but USF4 has better hit boxes and more range on throws than SFV

Not saying that SFV is any better though

>throw mashing and mashing vs blockstrings
Is this you?

not an argument

No, that's that fat guy with the goatee.

>3/4 of the pic is there for no reason

People seem pretty salty that no one is playing the game they like.
Bow down before Capcom or be bored. Lolz

But no really, I like the game. I was also into Xrd when it came out and liked it a lot but then it came out on ps4 which made me a bit salty.

>no sf1

>food analogy

errrrytime

Street Fighter wasn't good in the first place

>>Game has been "simplified for a wider audience" aka casuals who just want to mash buttons

Casuals also get scared away because they go online and get destroyed.

To be fair that guy worked by himself and he probably did what he could.

Kof has close normals too

You know GGPO has two copies of the games running on one system.

The Japanese don't make very good video games anymore.

I'll bite your face, cunt.

Juri pls

SF5 = SC2 is more accurate desu

>Shit sequel to a great addon
>Game so bad it might end up killing it's entire franchise and genre

>A bunch of good games released last month
>more coming this month
>More coming in the later months

no content
shit online
shit offline outside of peecee
shit music
tl;dr sasuga crapcum

I'm genuinely afraid of SF5 dying and taking the entire genre with it, again. It's had a bad reputation and bad word of mouth for far too long. Basic fixes aren't coming, apparently. Characters people were mad hyped for caused minor spikes in playcounts. When random indie/f2p shit has 5 times the players as the most popular fighting game, what does that mean for the genre?

Nothing. The only people complaining are single-player shitters that don't actually play fighting games seriously, and ranked-stagnant sf4 frauds that can no longer get away with their sf4 gimmicks

i like it when newfags parrot "sf4 ressurected fighting games" journo shilling, makes it easier to spot a retard in tread

Made a game for casuals but didn't include any of the single-player shit casuals like. Worst of both worlds.

Also bad online.

how clenched is Cammy's butthole during the tense story mode?

wouldn't it be funny if she got nervous and tooted out a few farts haha