Every dev should learn from based Poland Dev, especially Nintendo and their shady DLC deals lately

every dev should learn from based Poland Dev, especially Nintendo and their shady DLC deals lately

youtube.com/watch?v=3UgtZpghLPI

>released 3 games
>now bigger than Capcom
>pro consumer
>everyone happy (except Sup Forums maybe)

I speak for all of Sup Forums and I'm happy with witcher 3

WILNO NASZE KURWA

yeah too bad their market value is a giant bubble waiting to pop with no Cyberpunk content on the horison

also their employees move to Techland of all places

I could do it to if I plagiarized from another source like them.

>plagiarized
explain?

They're not very good if you want to make a character and not play a static character.

>shallow gameplay and empty world
>but hey there's tits and a generic self insert hero, and maybe 2 decent side quests

Fuck off razornigger, you literally jacked off on a livestream.

that's like saying UFC2 isn't good if you want to play a nascar race you fucking mong. it's not a game where you build a character. play a different game.

And the poland devs should learn how make a game with decent gameplay.

Sup Forums hating everything. Always. Even if they don't, they do.
Witcher3 was awesome and DLC's was done right. I mean, armors and some shit was free and new capmaing and areas was awesome and almost as big as some of new games.

nice try Pavel

gwent is turning out great too
god bless cdprojekt

>shallow gameplay and empty world
Whoa you're cool.

>witcher 3 got downgraded and devs didn't admit it till it released

All studios have skeletons in the closet, even Polack team. Just because Nintendo did dumb shit doesn't mean your studio is now better as a result.

what can we learn from The Witcher 3 and games like it?

>can't get smooth framerate on a laptop
>an RPG game

if I want some le epic explosions I'd play Ubisoft games

I don't want devs who exclusively deal with static characters, every dev shouldn't be like them.

shit combat

detective mode follow the red marker like an idiot, shit fucking bamham combat shit main story only story that was good was hearts of stone

>pro consumer

Like they were suing people for pirating W2, or how they lied about W3 not being downgraded until release?

You can have shit that is considered 'offensive' in the west like breasts and not have the game be 'LOOK KIDS, BOOBS! *NUDGE NUDGE*'

We're talking about how they release the game and how they handle post launch DLC support.

they're very pro consumer yet they make more money than some Ubisoft/Activision money sucking games. basically Win-Win for everyone

do you mean the LootBox 2.0 game where you are fucked if you don't have the meta deck?

Even EA is more consumer friendly

pirates are not costumers

You are completely disregarding that we're talking about their customer based policy - from no DRM, through lots of free DLC to cheap and big expansion packs.

>especially Nintendo and their shady DLC deals lately
>q-quick, nobody will respond to this thread, I know, lets bash Nintendo!

Pretty sick bait, OP

>literally everyone outside Sup Forums love Witcher 3

what make Sup Forums so special tho?
what make Sup Forums right and everyone else wrong'

aren't u guys just a glorified hipster?

I'm legit curious.

zrob mi loda za 50 euro

They are potential customers.

>implying the witcher made them bigger than capcom
they own gog you fucking retard

>be long time Nintendo fans
>Nintendo starting to stray from its path
>criticize them
>young Nintendrone say I'm baiting and call me Sonygger sometimes

>Pretend you have a "100% foolproof" piracy detection machine
>Start extorting random Germans because German piracy laws are fucked
>Massive public backlash
>Make it very clear that you were in the right and you're only stopping because of backlash
>Pro consumer

Okay, I'll bite. What's 'shady' about it?

who know, I'm not op. but that's what happened to me whenever I criticize Nintendo.

but one thing I can say is announcing a DLC before game release is never a good sign from consumer point of view

I'm happy they're big now but I wish they didn't have to turn the Witcher series into another safe generic open-world piece of shit franchise

>use bullshot trailers
>downgrade the fuck out your game
>win the skyrim audience

Welcome to card games fucboi

>Game is being developed
>WOW FUCKING HACK DEVS SCAM SCAM SCAM

>numales talking buisness
HAHAHAHAHAH

They announced DLC that's like, 11 months off, though.

>Win-Win for everyone

Except people who like good games.

>pretty good gaming
>those british accents
>i can't even
>why do modern gaymers are beta cucks
>oh shit it always was like this

i think the bottom picture has nicer colors but that didn't make the game less boring

the scabbard texture is literally the same quality just like the model used only difference is lighting and location

Nothing.

But its called "The Witcher" its about being a Witcher.

Nigga that's every ccg

>taking 2 completely different pictures at different settings/platforms wearing different armours in different areas of the world

Wow, what a downgrade. Really makes you think.

kys dumbass

I think this is a very interesting question and it has a lot to do with the anonymous nature of the site. The culture is based around being negative to the point that only things really fucking good aren't shitposted about and frequent posts are an indicator that people really like the game instead of hating it like they are pretending to. It is the epitome of hipster too cool to enjoy things and trying to fit in. Long and well thought out posts are discouraged by the community, generally and "shitposts" are encouraged despite what people might say sometimes.

tw3 is only loved by casuals who haven't played a decent game in their life and think Skyrim was the 2nd coming of christ.

>Downgraded game to fuck and didn't admit it until after release
>Still hasn't put out proper modding tools on PC
>Markets free updates as "free DLC" just to look superior

>Pro-consumer

Also, let's not forget the fact that GOG sells you games that were cracked by scene groups. Or the fact that CDPR was do buttdevastated by pirates that they almost went through trying to gather them all up and sue them.

CDP/CDPR is the worst kind of company.

It's the exact same scene but w/e cdrone. Even the same time of day.

Now compare gothic to its modern equivalent made by the same devs, risen 3.

Not saying its ok, but when such a practice becomes standard and they still do pro consumer other things that most devs dont do, I would still call them pro consumer. Simply because this is not a new thing and we have been conditioned to accept it for over a fucking decade. I literally dont have the energy to care or pay attention to pre release shit. I also dont play games and think
>wait a minute
>THAT TRAILER LOOKED BETTER!

>Super human tracker is using his super human tracking powers. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ree on my spergy friend, ree on.

It's also not very good if you want to play a 2D platformer. Go figure.

>equivalent

Risen 3 is nowhere near close gothic and it was made by basically different studio

>Techland is actually becoming a good developer again

I seriously thought they were dead after Dead Island and The Cartel.

But Dying Light was actually pretty fun, and now, they have actual key people (not just some random jobbers) from CDPR at their studio.

I'll be keeping my eye on Techland in the future.

>let's make the game piss fucking easy and braindead with 0 challenge
>it's ok because that's in the books!!!

cdpr has gone after individuals for downloading their game multiple times

they would smother their games in anti-piracy anti-consumer bullshit in a second of they thought it would improve sales

how retarded do you have to be to think this game company is on your side

Witcher 3 is what put them on the market. Teenagers and manchildren on the internet are now in love with them but that will change just like it did with Bethesda. I say teenagers and manchildren, because the majority of "gamers" love Bethesda games, including Fallout 4. Couple of years from now after CD puts out a few more games people will whine about how they've changed, are money hungry, their RPGs are no longer RPGs, etc.

gothic 2 is fucking garbo

I can tell you're a console retard because you couldn't possibly comprehend hairworks or different settings

I bet you get confused when you see PC gameplay then go back to your shitbox at 30fps

All that brilliance and they can't come up with this?

so you're saying that its ok if they use bullshots and then downgrade after release, but only if its on a console version

If I was monster hunting for a living I would want to be able to swing in any direction. Your life would be at risk every day, its worth carying two swords, ms paint.

You don't have to use them and can turn the rest of that shit off.
>it's ok because that's in the books!!!
See you are coming around already.

AWW SHIT TIME FOR THE HOURLY THEBULL94 WITCHER THREAD

If only they could make a fun video game...

best part is you can turn all that shit off.

Oh sure hairworks is the only difference here kek. This is PC on ultra btw with Hairworks OFF.

Careful what you say, that could lead to a Polish declaration of war

but that would ruin his narrative.

>turn everything off

>can't figure out where to go because the quests have no directions, they all expect you to use witcher senses

retard

>I Speak for Sup Forums
thanks Sup Forumsorax

I love Witcher 3 and think that Skyrim is overrated irredeemable trash. What now?

still have to make a single good one.

And let me guess, you think Fallout 2 is better than Gothic,yeah? Yeah, you're one of those people. The Witcher 3 is a great game. Direction, fluid and quick combat, a lot of characters that have individual quests, detailed landscape, literature to give into lore elements, a surplus of enemy variety and so on. You have shit taste, my man.

>CDPR has taken action against people illegally acquiring their game

I see nothing wrong with this. Pirates are lowlife scum.

that's like equivalent of saying "CoD is the best game ever dude!!!"

Same here. I also loved Gothic 1 and 2.

And I think TW3 is the best RPG released in the last 10 years.

>>can't figure out where to go because the quests have no directions, they all expect you to use witcher senses

you literally bitch that you want to be lost in the woods and then bitch that you would be lost in the woods. at least be consistent you autistic goob.

Also totally in the books.

>Company parades itself on principles like "consumer friendly" and "DRM free"
>Goes after pirates (who are also potential consumers)

Also, let's not forget that GOG also sells some games that were cracked by pirate scene groups, and that the physical copy of Witcher 2 originally had DRM on it, until CDPR was outed and had to remove it.

>best rpg released in the last 10 years

>best piece of shit released in 10 years

what a fucking accomplishment

there hasn't been an actual good rpg release since fucking kotor

pretty sure being a pirate means you aren't a consumers. just a parasite.

literally no direction is not the same as some directions, and some directions isn't the same as flashing arrows and lights pointing you exactly where to go at all times.
there's nothing inconsistent here. you're just retarded.

Not their fault. If other companies released better rpgs right before them, they would also need to step their game up to not be easily forgotten.

Still, TW3 has around 200h of content which is quite a lot, and DLCs add to it too.

>there hasn't been an actual good rpg release since fucking kotor

Says some invalid faggot on a the internet.

>Dying Light was actually pretty fun
you know what would make this game even funnier? having an actual fucking ending

>Piartes are potential consumers
>Somehow goeing after them is anti consumer

L O L

Also

>and that the physical copy of Witcher 2 originally had DRM on it, until CDPR was outed and had to remove it.

Its always easy to spot the Anti Gog Shill who writes non sense.
First of all the only reason they shipped Witcher 2 with a DRM was because of the publisher who demanded it.
Second they even announced on release date they would remove the DRM so there was nothing to out you shitposter

what is the purpose of this post

underrated comment

>you're just retarded.
Is this irony or hypocrisy?

The fact your this upset and fat over the witcher having powers is hilarious. but by all means post more Risen 3 pics.

you have not read any books i see

>(who are also potential consumers)
This is not the case more often than not. Also you don't go to a store to pickup a game and just say to the clerk "yeah I'll just try it to see if I like it lol" and then walk out of the store now do you?

>GOG also sells some games that were cracked by pirate scene groups

Nothing wrong with this.

>that the physical copy of Witcher 2 originally had DRM on it, until CDPR was outed and had to remove it.

Who cares what their original plans were? Are you retarded?

>>pro consumer

Provided they keep making good games with ye olde rpg feel, i will keep throwing my money at them. They get me.

>well... you're just fat and mad!

great point faggot. your game is shit and you're retarded.

also, i never posted shit about risen or gothic.