Did it have games?

Did it have games?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_PlayStation_3_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

Yes, people just talk about it not having many exclusives since that was one of the few reasons to get it in the first place.

Eventually.

Yes

it actually didn't

More than the fucking 4, that's for sure.

Yes, many great ones. And unlike the 360 they actually still work so you can still play them

demons souls

little big planet if you've got friends

yakuza maybe...

so no not really

It ended up having more interesting exclusives.
t. 360fag

was Catherine a ps3 exclusive?

No, it was a joke at the expense of a poor quote by a Sony executive. Coming off the success of the PS2, he stated that Sony has such a high level of popularity that the PS3 could be launched with no games and still be profitable. Word spread of this quote quickly and people were not happy about it. It also dosen't help that the PS3 launch was pretty pathetic and the console kept getting bundled with movies to help promote the then new BluRay format.

Infamous 1&2
Little big planet 1&2
God of war 3
Killzone 2&3
Starhawk
Warhawk
The last of us
The uncharted series
Ni no Kuni
Twisted metal
Sly Cooper 4
Ratchet & clank series
Yakuza 3&4

yea and when the ps3 came out pc's were a joke interms of perfomance that changed 1-2 years later when hardware got cheaper you underage faggot

No, it was also on 360. Both versions had exclusive box art, as well as an alternative art for each that was less promiscuous. That one was mainly stocked by Wal-Mart.

>2008
>PS3 has nogaems
>360 and Wii have GAMES
>2017
>PS3 has a library of GAMES thats still growing
>Wii U and Xbone have nogaems

If by "games" you mean exclusives, i think yes:

Demon's Souls
Yakuza 3,4,5
Valkyria Chronicles
Folklore
Uncharted 2
The Last of Us
Ni no Kuni
MGS4
Journey

it had nothing personnel kid and those are two fucking nice games

yeah they made a great comeback around 2009/2010

I like the top-loader more

too bad the build quality is really flimsy and CFW never ever for super slim models

The build quality of my PS3 SuperSlim is rock-solid. It's virtually silent, too, unlike jet engine PS4.

Same here. It does feel cheaper but that top loader won't break where the slim and original's disc drives will eventually fail and need to actually be taken apart to fix.

Just manually sliding the tray open and then close it will allow it to work far longer.

It got games just like the PS4 is just now getting games. It took years though.

your top loader will eventually break too, all mechanical drives wear and tear.

it's just way better to get a slim PS3, load CFW on it, and play every single game from the hard drive. Load times are better, system will be quieter, you get all the benefits of homebrew.

Well, Uncharted and Last of Us is why you bought it. Oh, and Kingdom Hearts. Lucky for us PS4 owners who skipped it, all are going to be in our library soon.

Historical research suggests not

>you get all the benefits of homebrew
Like getting banned on PSN.

If you want a literal response, yes it did have games for it

Here's a wiki listing all the games for it sorted in category
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_PlayStation_3_games

If you take care of your PS3 then of course it will be rock solid. I'm just talking about how the build quality in general feels cheap as hell. If you ever take apart your super slim PS3, you will notice what I mean. Parts are so easy to break, Sony just slaps cheap quality thermal paste on the cell and rsx like they don't care, and it clearly shows that Sony designed the thing to be as cheap as possible unlike the fat PS3.

I bought it for demon's souls.

Now I am enjoying ratchet and clank (all 7 games), jak and daxter, the last of us, and the resistance series, as well as beyond two souls

Is there a list of PS3 exclusives that I cant get on PC? Like not just PS3 only but stuff like RDR where its on 360 too.

PSNpatch prevents you from getting banned. Only way to get banned now is if you blatantly cheat in GTA or try to play games online with custom names in the Param.sfo (a friend of mines got banned for going online in a game called "Sony sucks dick")

>Beyond Two Souls
isnt that an interactive movie?

yeah

Yeah it has games now and they're dirt cheap too.

Tons.

It has more games than the 360, at least.

>MGS4
>tlou

I see maybe 3 games there.

The phat has the same cheap paste as all the other PS3s. The motherboard is known to literally break apart from repeated heating/cooling cycles ie. normal household use. Nothing solid about it

At launch it was just a fancy bluray player.

Now it's a PlayStation legacy collection machine. Get a fat PS3, put Rebug CFW on it, enjoy any PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP game on it.

You see the pic from ?
That's phat PS3 60GB from the launch day.

It still runs flawlessly.

I love my ps3. Besides my Genesis, my fondest console.

Growing up poor I didn't have many consoles. Once I got a job and saved enough for a ps3, it be became an emotional item to me. Thankfully it had enough games to warrant the fond memories I have for it

The paste is actually applied correctly on the fats. On the super slim, they slathered it on there with no care since they're not using 90nm chips like the fat

Had the best library last gen, and is the only one with games still coming out now.

>Is there a list of PS3 exclusives that I cant get on PC?
how do you wanna play them? ps3 and 360 emulation doesn't exist it the cell is too strong complex for pc's

I was expecting this first response, and you did not disappoint

>XD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

I use my PS3 exclusively for JRPGs and watching anime, last game I beat on it was that Odin Sphere remake. Highly recommend it.

>tfw sony won again despite having the worst console launch since the sega saturn

what went right bros?

They didn't have exclusive box art, they were reversible, although I keep my 360 copy on Katherine as advertised.

PS3 outlived the Wii AND Wii U. Think about that for a moment.

Yea, some where pretty cool. MGS4, Uncharted 4, Demon Souls, Persona 4, etc. I had fun.

>Infamous
>LBP
>Killzone
>Uncharted
>Ni No Kuni
>Good
kek

>Didn't include tlou: the movie

Yep. You have shit taste, my pham.

I don't know about the PS3 version but my US copy of Catherine for the 360 is not reversible. Maybe they did this for later prints? That would be a nice feature.

It's better than all of those though. It goes in my decent tier PS3 exclusives list along with
>God of War 3
>Quantic Dream games (because they're so funny)
>Heavenly Sword
The only genuinely great PS3 exclusives I've played are the Yakuza games, although I still have many more I do want to get

Not named yet:
>Okami HD
>ICO & SOTC HD
>Wipeout Fury
>Folklore

I misread this so badly. I got that you meant ps3 had more games than ps4, but I took "the fucking 4" to somehow mean "the fucking 4 games ps4 has". Spent a while brainstorming Bloodborne, Nioh, and nothing else. I guess GR2 and Yakuza 0

PS3 version, at least zone 1, didn't had any reversible cover neither.

My 360 copy is a PAL copy, maybe the cause of the difference

>Yakuza 3,4,5
wouldn't count 5 since it came out for burgers after ps4 was released

and wasn't Journey PC?

No. Abzu is, same developer team.

if you dont own a ps3 for this then you hate vidya

Just stop. You're exposing yourself to your shit taste. tlou is on par with uncharted(hell, uncharted even acts like a game at times so I put it a slight bit higher) and gow3 is pure button mash with a shit character. Don't even get me started on the other two you mentioned.

Yakuza is a good series, but it's not the only good game no the system. It just that you have weebshit taste, literally.

no i'll get them for PS3, unless there is a PC version, like the list i want is of PS3 only or PS3 & 360 only games.

Yeah, good luck with those chinese runes, man.

Too many. I still haven't finished my backlog and I refuse to move onto PS4 until I do.

Yes, at least some that I liked and are some of my favorite series.

-MGS

-Yakuza

-Uncharted

-Infamous

-Persona

-Ni no Kuni

-Ratcher and clank

The rest of the games I didn't play or didn't like all that much.

>chinese runes
nigga

oh shit, didn't know Abzu was the same devs

The fuck? I was under the impression that the PS3 version was japan only.

List of ps3 exclusives that I enjoyed

inFamous 1+2
Killzone 2
Uncharted 2
Resistance: Fall of Man
Folklore
Yakuza 3
Mgs4
Journey
God of War 3
Twisted Metal
Demon Souls
V.C.
Ratchet and Clank
3D Dot Heroes
Ni No Kuni
White Knight Chronicles 1+2
Disgea 3
Siren
The Last of Us
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1+2

>TLoU
>Less of a game than Uncharted
That's wrong, even though TLoU is more cutscene heavy, Uncharted is more cinematic set pieces than it is TPS
>GoW 3
Yeah I agree with you there. I didn't think it was as good as the first two, but I didn't think it was too bad. BTW decent tier for me is 6/10
>Other two
Explained the QD point and Heavenly Sword because of Andy Serkis and the lines he was given bumped it up to a 6 rather than a 5
>Not the only good game on the system
I said I have many more still to get
>Weebshit taste
I haven't touched any of the other weeb PS3 games apart from Ni No Kuni

Good luck finding a copy

>wouldn't count 5 since it came out for burgers after ps4 was released

Why the fuck does that matter?

weeb shit kek no.