ITT: We post attempts by the game industry in social engineering

ITT: We post attempts by the game industry in social engineering

Is the Switch in the same gen as PS4/Xbone?

I would call it generation 9 since it's a full fledged console.
Xbone S and PS4Pro are like 8.5.

So what does that make Scorpio?

I think he meant Scorpio when he said 8.5

Can it really count as generation 9 when it's weaker than generation 8 consoles and competing with them?

If Sony rushed out five new consoles next year I don't think we'd consider the PlayStation 9 to be anything but eight generation.

Gamers are over.

Generations are not based on hardware power.

Well the switch is a symbiosis of handheld and console. Hand held wise, it's the strongest dedicated device and it mark a new generation for Nintendo, so I'd say it's be part of gen 9 like the PSP being a part of gen 7

They're based more on what's being developed for a the time. If anything the Switch is just Nintendos 2nd 8th gen system.

I remember that. I still remember how bewildered I was that they were all being so blatant and obvious with their bias.
You would think that people would hide their corruption, but a lot of the time they don't even bother.

>gen 4
>4

Categorizing systems into gens is autism

It's the fourth generation that Sony has been in. You must live under a rock if Sony isn't the biggest player in the video game industry.

EA started claiming gaming didn't really start until 3D so they call the PS1 era Gen 1
I for the life of me don't get how people don't know what a Generation is, even EA is retarded about it.

They were trying to make "Gen 4" the standard term used by everyone, but thankfully it didn't catch on.

>start counting console generations with PS1
Fuck, I am triggered.

It's almost like the PlayStation brand is the most powerful brand of video games or something.

It's almost like that's not what matters when delineating a generation or something.

It's almost as if EA isn't hiding who they play cheerleader for.

What is the point of putting consoles into a generation?

What does it achieve?

Go to bed Kaz. Making a bit more money than the competitors doesn't make you jesus christ, no one will count the years based on you.

>Most powerful brand

Most powerful brand of gimmick players. PS2 was the DVD player and PS3 was the Bluray "cheap" Bluray player.

>I would call it generation 9 since it's a full fledged console
>

Nigga, what? You're accusing Sony of being a gimmick brand? You realize all consoles since the PS2 play DVDs as well, right?

It's not really about hardware. There was the Wii U and it failed, Sony won. Nintendo is starting the generation early.

Speedrunning is more autistic.

it's a four-year-old mobile device.