Anybody else /WaitingForSwitchXL/ here?

Anybody else /WaitingForSwitchXL/ here?

I'm playing Zelda on the Wii U and later, maybe in 2018~2019, getting the first revision of the Nintendo Switch. The console will be cheaper and better, there will be more games available (hopefully, since the launch line-up is abysmal), it'll probably be more powerful / have a better or bigger screen etc. Plus, more than enough new games are coming out to the other systems right now.

Only good things happen to the judicious consumer.

Buy Nintendo Switch XL, Joycons XL, Joycon grip XL, Docking Station XL, and AC adapter XL, each sold seperately.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo actually sold those things.

XL? Naw.

If anything, they'll do a mini Switch. Once the technology is good enough that they can shrink it to Game Boy/DS size, they totally will. It might be a good idea as a budget model for people who just want the handheld version.

>mini switch
impossible. this thing needs a bigger battery, not a smaller one

Why not both? Current Switch is approximately the size of the Ipad Mini. I can totally see one that goes the size of a normal Ipad, while I also see one going smaller, like you said.

I dunno, if the unit itself is smaller, it'll require less power, so the battery wouldn't be an issue.

there won't be an XL but there'll definitely be a newSwitch

I'm not wasting my money on a Switch until 2020

it's still going to be running the same games. lowering the resolution won't save much battery

i'm waiting until they hack it

>keep fussing with it
>hurr why's it keep falling down?

It seems like they're exaggerating the kick stand problems desu

Any sort of "upgrade" to the switch would more than likely a 100 dollar dock that has extra ram and overclocks the system further.

I really can't see them releasing an updated version of the system itself. The VERY LEAST we might get is a switch "portable" with no dock, non-detachable joycons, and 60 dollars cheaper

They were trying to remove the Joycons while in Tabletop Mode, like in the commercials.

I have to admit Zelda looks pretty cool but why would I pay $300 to play it at 720p 30fps with frequent drops when if I wait a few years Nintendo will make a "Pro" version like they've done with every other handheld and I can play it at maybe 720p 60? I would quite literally only buy this to play Zelda and Mario, since I haven't played either of those on a Nintendo system since the N64, and all the shit that would have been a Vita exclusive but will now probably be on the Switch because it's the only "handheld" of the current gen. Yes I know the Vita is still a thing but unless Sony makes a new handheld Switch is where all the niche Japanese games will go.
No shit, the console is trash without the kickstand being flimsy and the joycon locks being weak as fuck.

I will also be waiting 2 years to save $30

early adopters for any system are fucking morons and your shitty post doesn't change that

I'll wait until 2018 if some actual games get announced for it.

I got a hacked 3ds to pass the time though.

It's not about saving money, it's about getting a better model without the problems of the original one. Saving money is just an added benefit, but not the main reason.

I have giant hands so the 3DS tier buttons on the Switch is kind of a pain.

nigga, you dumb. These aren't even remotely comparable situations.
The CPP was an optional accessory that was only compatible with about 2 dozen games in total, while the joycons are the system's default controllers. Second of all, the CPPXL was not sold in stores, you could only get it through Nintendo's online store.

>Buy Nintendo Switch XL, Joycons XL, Joycon grip XL, Docking Station XL, and AC adapter XL, each sold seperately.

This is exactly why I can't see Nintendo coming with a Switch XL. They'd need a new dock, and new Joycons. They've already loaded up retailers with all those accessories, would retailers really have enough space to compensate for the XL variants for a supposed Switch XL?

>that webm
How long until Nintendo releases a new improved Joystand™ Pro™ for only $29.99?

when they start bundling common sense 2017: switch edition

>Every time I push it down, it falls down!
What is this video even trying to prove? If you have the kickstand set up, why would you ever be putting pressure on it with your hands? If it fell down while he's not touching it, that would be worrisome, but no shit it falls over when he knocks it over.

Why does Nintendo purposely limit quantities?

Wouldn't it be better to get as many early adopters as possible?

>The VERY LEAST we might get is a switch "portable" with no dock, non-detachable joycons

My issue with this idea is that it defeats the purpose of a Switch, you wouldn't be switching between a portable and home console anymore. And the non-detachable joycons would render games like 1-2 Switch impossible to play, I doubt Nintendo would want to segment their library, even by a little bit (this is different from going from 3DS to n3DS). And above all, you'd take away everything that makes the Switch unique and not a Nintendo Vita.

Manufactured demand and general incompetence.

it makes the Switch seem like the next best thing if there's less supply

People who are on the fence will buy it as soon as they can find one if the item is scarce. If there's an abundance of it people will just sit on the fence since there is no hurry.

>limit quantities

Here we go again

The Wii U "sold out of pre-orders" too you fucking moron

it's artificial shortaging

more likely they will make a second revision similar to the new 3ds.
the new nintendo switch.
only differences will be some more horsepower and a proper dpad on the left joycon.

>have shitty tv stand
>accidentally touch your tv
>it falls down and shatters
A reasonable person would get a better stand so this doesn't happen. A stupid fuck who's blindly loyal to the manufacturer of that stand wouldn't care.

i'd say ps3 early adopters lucked out with a console that has backwards compatibility with the previous generation, and is the easiest to pirate with

Dpad left joycon is definitely coming eventually

Because they have undercover scalpers to further squeeze money out of goyim.

I just wish the fucking screen didn't have those huge borders

>I'd say FIVE NINETY NINE US DOLLARS lucked out

I don't think I've ever seen a dumber post on this board, and I've been here entirely too long.

>buy switch
>Enjoy it for a year
>New version maybe gets announced
>Sell switch
>Buy revision

This

>using the kick stand with the handles on it
I don't want this stupid fuckin thing but at least don't be retarded when bashing this thing.

Never, ever in a million years buy a console at launch. I got a PS4 to compliment my PC at launch and the fucking thing is a shitty paperweight now for two reasons. Its loud as fuck, the fans are loud as all hell. I thought it was defective, but apparently that is normal for it. I have a PC with fucking ten times the horsepower and it only does that steady, very hard to notice hum when playing games, meanwhile the piece of shit PS4 sounds like a jet engine.
Second reason is the classic no gaems meme. I have exactly 4 games for PS4. 2 of which were a complete waste of money.

Anyways, POINT IS, the first versions of consoles are always shit. Nintendo switch already has a problem confirmed with the joycons, especially the left one where it loses signal. Buying the turd at launch will be the biggest of waste of money you'll ever do.
Just wait for the inevitable XL or "whatever this is better" version and get that one.

It's not artificial. You're legit retarded

>enjoy it for a year
>2 games to play

It is. Amiibos or whatever had it, the NES classic had it. It is a well known fact by now that nintendo fakes rarity in order to gain more interest.
Look it up you dingus, everyone knows about it at this point. Apparently everyone but you.

For what fucking purpose would you have the joycons in the system and use the kickstand? Clearly the kickstand isn't the sturdiest thing possible, but these retards didn't even use it right and were trying to make it fall.

It comes out next week
Preorders closed because they literally can't produce more and have them ready to ship in time

Did you stop watching the webm halfway in? It's still flimsy as fuck without the joycons attached.

>We don't have shelf space for a billion of this new product, so we make what we know we have room for
>We don't know if this product will sell, so we won't make a billion Ness amiibos

WOOOWWW THEY'RE DOING THIS JUST TO DRIVE UP RARITY! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REAL REASON FOR THERE NOT TO BE 10000 SWITCHES AT EVERY WALMART

Fucking mongoloid

Their first major 'revision' will be something like this, possibly as soon as this Holiday. Next step will be a significantly more powerful and higher resolution version of the tablet, capable of VR support through a simple insert HMD, if they do decide to pursue VR.

I'm waiting for the model that comes with just the joycons and system, no dock, no grip. Probably cut at least $50 off the tag.

>accidentally touch
>pulling the stand from under the TV
WOOOOW BUGGED CONSOLE NINTENDO

I'm waiting for the Switch mini.

They already did, there's an official pack of products for the Switch that includes a carrying case that can be used as a better stand, as far as I've heard.

>anything in the OP webm even close to "pulling the stand from under"
dumbass

Well, the switch's current design seems to have some flaws. Just like the first DS had your stylus fall out after your slot got worn down.

Would be a good decision to wait and see if they make another model.

The 3DS was always supposed to be a 3D console, yet they were happy to change the branding to 2DS to sell a different version of it. If they want it to happen, it'll happen despite the name Switch.

I'm waiting for a game to come out on the switch that excites people that isn't Zelda, do they even have any other games for it?

>Remove joycons before setting it down

WOW

You act like they haven't done this with every portable.

>the rails clearly only slide from one side
>try to build a base where they slide from the bottom

Literally the first thing he does retard. Who puts a stand out then keeps pulling at it?

>but apparently that is normal for it.

It's not, go fix your model.

He's trying to move the console back by pulling the stand, except the stand is so shitty that it fucking disconnects instead. It's more like trying to move a piece of furniture your tv is sitting on top and the tv falls off because you bought a nintendo brand stand.

>that cnet video
>that dislike bar
>that 61 seconds as to be able to monetize it
>that infomercial level of hilarity

>Speeds up the video to hide the fact that they are forcing it to fall over

Only one angle for it to rest sucks tho

already ordered my HORI stand

Considering the fact that Handheld mode is near perfect outside battery life and dock mode is beyond garbage dustbin tier feces.

I'd say they are gonna make a dock upgrade than a handheld revision.

He's quite clearly pushing down on the stand, and not pulling the console back.

The PS4 sold out, the xbox one sold out, PSVR sold out and for the last few months has been pre-order to get it next shipment only.

Are you blind? If he were pushing it then it would have folded back into the console instead of breaking off. You can also plainly see him grip the stand with his thumb and index finger.

One finger to stop it going back in, using the other to push down. Is that so hard to understand?

im glad it wasnt only obvious to me

His other hand is pushing the switch while pulling at the stand. Get your eyes checked.

>he doesn't have friends to play snipperclips, 1 2 switch, and bomberman with

m8 it's never worth buying a console right at launch
I'm sure the Switch will get a solid library, especially with no other handheld competition so at least some Vita devs in Japan will probably jump over to it, but no console is worth getting until it has at least 5 exclusives you absolutely have to play

You're not worth arguing with. I've said all there is to say.

All my friends just play phone games now.

you don't have to pay $60 to play phone games

Retard.

>if i keep pushing it over it falls, what the heck!

this kind of brilliance could only be achieved by a PlayStation enthusiast

>someone doesn't love Nintendo
>must be a Sonygger

this kind of brilliance could only be achieved by a Nintoddler

is he wrong though?

PC masterrace actually fag

>anyone who points out my obvious shillshit is part of the opposition!

you fuckers are so transparent its painful

>dock that has extra ram and overclocks the system further.
still trying to push this, lmao