This any good? Do I miss out on anything by skipping the first?

This any good? Do I miss out on anything by skipping the first?

its better than the first, the only reason that people shit on it is because it reuses 90% of areas from the first game

but that doesnt matter if youve never played the first game

Yes why would you not play the first one

Thanks

If the second game is just it's own self contained story set in the same universe (i.e, Pkmn Red > Silver > Sapphire) then I'd rather play the most up to date version. If it's the continuation of an incomplete story (Halo > Halo 2 > Halo 3) then I'll play the first one.

Play Default

Don't buy censored games. Edea's buttcrack thanks you.

This game is amazing. Play default tho

Eh, gameplay is certainly improved but it lacks a lot of the charm the original had.
Case in point the music is lacking hard in Second and the 4th wall breaking isn't as subtle.

It is a continuation of the first and half the party members return from the first as playable characters.

Censorship doesn't matter if it doesn't affect the gameplay.

>visuals don't matter
Why isn't every game just pong sticks doing stuff?

Default has better characterization, script writing, and much better music, but otherwise as a game Second is a lot better, especially what it doesn't recycle.

Except it does. Gameplay is but one aspect of a game.

BD is nothing special in that regard either. Your point of view is floundering.

Keep paying full price for mediocre games that steal content away from you as you make excuses for them though. Really, that's not the least bit ludicrous.

> Buying
wew lad

>that steal content away
No gameplay was removed from the game user. Thus no content was "stolen".

This makes my penis hard.

If you can,play both games,the are (for me) the best rpg games on 3ds.

There is more to a game than gameplay. It's the most singularly important thing, but it isn't the only thing that matters.

>mrgrgrr though

So basically nothing of value was lost.

So you wont buy a game because of one outfit? nice

If you're not first, you're last.

If you get the first one you get about four games in one.

You miss out on a vastly superior soundtrack, which is also the main reason to play it in the first place.

no, you get 20 hours of content that desperately tries to be a 60 hour game

I loved End Layer.

Favorite jobs? Catmancer was pretty fun, the gunner with the cowboy hat was great too.

Can't think of any game that so completely self-destructed as BD did at the end. How anyone can enjoy the second game after playing the first is beyond me.

black mage

Wizard + Summoner + Yokai skill. I managed to do 80k damage to the final boss in one turn, and then losy anyways to the bullshit mechanic.

>"BRRRRRRAAP"

How do I get a thicc loli waifu?

Damn 80k is crazy. I did like 15k with Valkyrie's HIgh Jump + Pysical boon + enemy PDef down and was blown away.

You can do better abusing exorcist/time mage that's suffering from ghost. Unlimited mp+it's amped from the "max mp" ability so you can cast 3 meteor or whatever rains for 120k damage a "turn".

Meant wizard or whatever the new mage class is. Whoops

play the first one , the game dont feel outdated

>music is lacking hard in Second
Revo set the standards too high with his music in the first game. I had a hard time finding one track I liked in the 2nd game.

so can anyone tell me if for the sequel the updated version of bravely default in japan has an dlc, I heard mixed reports.

whats the first one named? Bravely First?

Edea looked better in her Adventure Outfit because the tight white pants really made the ass look bigger. I think the Spellfencer, Fighter, and White Mage costumers are the only things that come close to bringing out those great thighs.

Bravely Default

Western release of Default was based off the second edition of the jap Default that got released. It did have dlc outfits and they were removed for the western release for some unknown reason. However you can hex edit your save to put them back in the game.

As for Bravely Second it already has everything. No exclusives like Default. However it was even more highly censored than Default ever was.

well I can not get the american versions, can I hex edit the dlc costumes in or can I get them still, I am living in japan for the next 3 years so I want to play the series.

at least I won't deal with the censorship

You'll have to hex edit your save even on the jp version because that dlc was a limited time thing that no longer exists. Although I'm only aware of it working on usa and pal versions. Don't know if anyone has tried to hex edit a jp save or if it might be formatted differently. But if you're doing shit like that then your 3ds has to be hacked in the first place so I don't see why you couldn't just grab the western versions that have been uncensored.

The only one who self destructed was Alternis. I can't think of any other character who gets cucked by another version of himself.

because I can buy it, can not buy an american one I just want a physical version

Well then you're fucked on the dlc outfits then. Can't hex edit shit without your system being hacked. Need to be able to dump your saves, edit, and them import back.

MRGRGR THIS

darn but, your saying the american version did not even get those costumes so at least I am just getting what you guys get

Basically except the jp versions obviously have no censorship so that's a plus.