2Dark suddenly appeared on steam store, release date march 10

So 2Dark is a game I've "known" for couple of months now, I haven't actively followed the project, but it's a game I've been expecting to release sooner or later. It's basically a game that "seems" to challenge basic conception of traditional gaming, because it involves you saving kids from harms of psychopath murderers in dark and bloody environments. Only game to put kids in harm was Bioshock 1, and I think this is something that needs to be done more in games. Not so much because I have any interest for kids, but because games should be just as much of an art form as movies and music, there should be freedom of expression (sadly some european countries don't consider games "art", and thus germany censors only games, but not music or art).

Why do I care? Because this is a game from a dev that used to make very good PC games, Adeline Software. The guy Frédérick Raynal is most known for his work in the legendary "Little Big Adventure" 1 and 2 games (still waiting for that 3rd sequel), but apparently he's worked on the first Alone In The Dark game too.

youtube.com/watch?v=IpQgFqer8To

It's entirely possible that this game ends up like one of those overhyped Peter Molyneux projects, you expect much from them because you know the designer beforehand, and you come with high expectations just for it to fall flat. Either that or censor/downgrade on final release of the game. I think it's a risk worth taking, we need more indie games like these imo, from the "old dogs".

TL;DR some french guy made one of my fav childhood games LBA 1&2 , and I want his new game to succeed

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/435100
it.ulule.com/2dark/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well shilled

But we need more good indie games.

It's a shame the game itself looks kinda mediocre, because that art is fucking beautiful.

The viral is real.

>not 2Dark4u
one job

Would've worked better as a child murder simulator

It lacks that certain emotional connection if you're just killing them

>Only game to put kids in harm was Bioshock 1, and I think this is something that needs to be done more in games.

Stopped reading there.

Also, be more subtle next time, the only thing missing were fucking "©" characters after every sentence.

I don't recall other games

user if you're going to shill your game here at least be honest about it.

That concept art is absolutely fantastic, shame the game itself looks nothing like it. I'd definitely read a comic book of this shit, though.

It's the same episode when 8-bit armies first launched, and when I found out it's a C&C with frank klepacki, I had to tell everyone about it. These games have literally zero marketing.

I kind of agree, it does look interesting

Stop shilling your game OP

pizzagate game?
awesome

Fucking this. If the game matched the art it'd be a great game. Looks like shovelware or a cheap mobile game, but the cutscenes(?) look great man. Maybe you'd be better off with a point and click version of this that focuses on the art aspect?

We don't have the price for the game yet, but here's hoping it will be good price

steamcommunity.com/app/435100 is this a fucking joke? I hope it's cheaper than this. Someone is speculating that it will cost 30 for pc and 40 for consoles

It has denuvo too... wtf .. not so indie then?

This is pretty ne- Denuvo.

It was indie, but then got a publisher. There were suppose to be linux and GOG versions back when it was crowdfunded, too.

it.ulule.com/2dark/

Denuvo doesn't work on Linux at all, though, and GOG won't let it on their site with DRM, meaning either they lied to the crowdfunders or they're going to have to release it DRM free on other platforms, making Denuvo redundant.

Wow, I didn't even know it was crowdfunding game.. now I'm kinda skeptical about this game, after reading the 1st tier prize, "2015 final release"

Yeah, I looked through the comments/news on that page, and since they have a publisher now, the DRM free copies are completely cut entirely with no plans for future ones.

Naturally, people are getting pissed they funded something and were told they now have to get either a console or steam copy, windows-only, with denuvo.

>denuvo on your irrelevant indie game
come on OP, knock that shit off

I don't even pirate games but it always dumps the performance and forces some online only bullshit

Is this anti-pedo propaganda?

here have a bump for your tldr it saved me shitton of time

To be fair, they are offering refunds for those who backed and wanted a DRM free version, though.

But yeah, partnering up with Bigben as the publisher basically got them fucked. Good job, assholes.

I guess denuvo was ok for doom, but putting it on a indie title is kind of a overkill.

I was interested until he used denuvo. I'll never support such disgrace.

>denuvo
>for a indie game

please, you can stop shilling now, if you want to shill a game atleast give us the option to pirate it.

>Only game to put kids in harm was Bioshock 1
Right, yeah, that's very wrong.

Denuvo for an indie game, though. It flat out makes every game it's in just run like shit on my rig (so inb4 works on my machine :^)) so I'll pass, I don't care.

>Only game to put kids in harm was Bioshock 1
Ultima, Deus Ex, Fallout and there is others that are escaping me damn it.

>Not so much because I have any interest for kids, but because games should be just as much of an art form as movies and music, there should be freedom of expression (sadly some european countries don't consider games "art", and thus germany censors only games, but not music or art).

Stop calling games art damn it, killing kids does not make it art, killing kids in Fallout because they stole your shit is just freedom for the player.

Also i doubt that you actually see kids die in this shitty game.

>Frédérick Raynal
I only played Alone In The Dark and i doubt that guy had a lot to do with it, he is banking all he can on that game alone for nostalgia.

Also
>indie
>crowdfunding with a date of 2015
>with fucking denuvo

I was considering getting this game, but the whole process this game went though seems shady as fuck, not for Denuvo since i dont give two flying fucks about it, but starting a crowdfunded game and then getting a publisher and get a game of this quality, is not a thing i would support.