Trails thread

Are you looking forward to Trails of Holding Back 3?

Do you plan on purchasing Trails in the Sky The 3rd when it comes out for PC soon?

I just want more Sara. Failing that I want more inappropriate student teacher action via Rean and pink hair. Also I plan on pirating the 3rd ;^)

hug her

Kys yourself

Reminder that this fuccboi is Mueller's brother.

I WANT MORE LOLIS!

Can I marry her instead?

She's a child you pedo

Mint is for bullying

What's your point?

She doesnt need to be damaged further

But I thought Falcom no longer has a PC division?

Trails in the Sky The 3rd is an old game just now getting localized for the western audience

I wouldn't make her do it against her will.

that's part of the problem

>First 2 games are PS3/Vita
>3rd is on PC/PS4
I passed up on those games because I thought the 3rd would be PS4 only, fuck.

It's PS4 only, Trails in the Sky the 3rd is PC only

You're confusing Trails in the Sky and Trails of Cold Steel

You're confused

Trails of Holding Back is a differenr game from Trails in the Sky the 3rd.

Trails of holding back is Trails of Cold Steel.

Cold Steel 3 is ps4 only. Trails in the Sky The 3rd is PC only.

They're twp different games, but they're both the 3rd game in their respective story arc.

I just wanted a normal brown haired Vander

USED GOODS

I'm buying 3rd as soon as it comes out, but alas, no PS4 and thus Cold Steel 3 for me for the foreseeable future.

>Renne will be 14 when Sen 3 comes
Gross

Perfect age

15 actually, she's nearly 13 in Ao.

>implying Falcom won't pull some bullshit to keep her loli forever like saying one of the Gnosis side effects slows aging

I want to enjoy Tea with grown-up Renne!

15 is fine too

I'm looking forward to it.

I'm more interested in teenage tita

Tita doesn't really have any reason to be in the game.

Agate pls

Sure, when it comes out in English in like 2020.

What if Tita becomes a teacher at Reeves?

>Rean's fellow teachers are Tita, Renne, and Tio
>they all make him look like a fucking moron in comparison

no vita, no buy

>expanding Rean's harem
NO

Osborne made loliharems real

Tio is already in Lloyd's harem
Tita's heart belongs to Agate
Renne would make Rean part of her harem if anything

That's just a shitty excuse for not wanting to pay. Stop lying to people. You're just a cheap motherfucker

Well, Rean's loliharem consists only of shit girls, so it's not much of an accomplishment

The Vita version wasn't made by Falcom

The PC version is better than the PSP version anyway

Will I enjoy 3rd if I thought SC was a massive letdown?

Yes and yes. I played through CS1 and 2 to get them off my backlog in preperation of 3 in the coming years and waiting for Zero and Ao. Need to start my second playthrough of 2 after Persona 5 comes out.

If you thought SC was a massive letdown, then your taste is irredeemably shit.

Do you enjoy dungeon crawls with healthy chunk of exposition dumps?

Not really, having a fresh cast of rooky highschool students means more holding back than in 2 and more babysitter Rean doing everything in cutscenes for them.

>first 4 chapters are "haha we're doing something bad" followed by getting your ass kicked
>next few chapters are "climb the tower, rinse and repeat"
>final dungeon consists of several mini dungeons and then a tower climb, stretched out way too long for the novelty of the setting to stay interesting

The lore and stuff was neat, but the game was honestly 50 hours too long. I thought FC was far more enjoyable. It did at least tie things up pretty well and give a decent ending, but by the time I finished slogging through all those slower-than-slow battles I was kind of glad to be done with it. Also Loewe was a shit character, fuck that guy.

FIE
I
E

So you have no empathy, no sense of curiosity, and simply refuse to be immersed in the experience. The problem here is you, not the game.

Sorry user, I just didn't enjoy it as much as FC. Maybe if I had played them closer together I'd have enjoyed it more. For what it's worth, it was still about 300000 miles ahead of CS1, which would've been okay without the painfully cringeworthy haremshit.

>mfw Millium literally woke Rean up by bouncing up and down on his dick in that one cutscene

No.
I refunded my copies of ToCS and ToCS2 (for a full refund minus shipping thankfully) and I'm just going to ignore the series from now on.

I might pirate TiTS 3rd though.

You're not missing much, CS1 and 2 were shit because of Vita limitations

That's good to hear then. At least I could avoid disappointment.

>implying Vita limitations are why the writing was so fucking awful

She might be in III.

The writing was awful because they had fucking nothing to write about

I bet you my Vita that Cold Steel 3 is going to sell like shit due to them alienating Vita fans.

Why are you even here if you hate the games, fuck off

Probably not because their fanbase hated CS1 and 2 for being massive disappointments and that was partly due to the Vita versions running like garbage

You are not the entire fanbase though.
If you dislike ToCS you shouldn't be here.

I guarantee you're wrong. CS3 will expand the fanbase like releasing on steam did for Neptunia.

i'm still waiting on laura

no interest until then

I'm not the entire fanbase, I'm just saying what the entire Japanese fanbase (IE the ones that matter to Falcom) said about the game

Not really.
It's nice to have hopes, but the biggest difference between Neptunia and ToCS is people were capable of jumping straight into any of the Nep games due to no interconnecting story.

Except that everyone has a PS4 in Japan anyway, doubly so for the rest of Asia

You're being a retard assuming that the western fanbase matters to them.

>yfw all the romance choices you made mean jack shit in CS3.
>three years have passed
>Old Class VII has 'drifted apart'
>Rean, with his ogre power slowly getting out of his control, has resigned himself to be some edge loner.

>Laura is an NPC or mentioned in passing in dialogue as she is still training and expected to become Lady Laura of Legram.

>No Vita version of ToCS3
>Only way to play ToCS3 is my getting a PS4

Nope. I probably won't be playing it anytime soon. It being a PS4 exclusive made me lose all hype for the game.

Good riddance.

But will we get to headpat Arianrhod?

>You're being a retard assuming that the western fanbase matters to them.

This matters less when you consider how Japan is the largest Vita supporter in the world. Not to mention if they didn't care about western fanbases we wouldn't be getting localizations in the first place.

Japan is also the biggest PS4 supporter in the world, relative to their population, other than China and Taiwan which together make up the biggest chunk of Falcom's fanbase.

You're delusional if you think CS3 isn't going to be successful. Especially after how well Ys VIII did on the PS4.

When the fuck are you going to move on from your dead handheld? Just get a fucking ps4 already retard. You're like a dumb piece of shit who refuses to let go of his old crap and get with the times

This blind fanboyism is what gets to me though. You're making unequal comparisons between two games but keep forgetting that making the end-cap of a trilogy an exclusive on another platform not only nearly killed them once due to low sales, but does nothing but alienate the fans behind the series causing future sales to suffer.
Are you sure you didn't just start getting into Trails from Cold Steel or something?

>rean spends 20+ hours moping about "why should i fight.... who i am........." until he remembers he has friends and reverts to hero man again
>none of the romance choices carry over, alisa is still canon
>new protagonists are even more rote-jrpg bland-shitter-filler than rean
>we maybe get a name or a shadowy profile of the grandmaster, neither of which will have been heard of/seen before or mean anything
>no more meaningful information on the plan beyond, at best, yet another meaningless descriptor phrase and more empty promises that man it'll be so cool, just you wait
>everyone is still holding back

i'm hyped tbqdesu

>he still doesn't have a ps4

No, she headpats you.

Most of the people who bought CS1 and 2 in the west are vitagen shills who buy any game that gets localized on the Vita, they are extremely defensive of the platform so Falcom moving on because the Vita ruined the first two games doesn't sit well with them. Good riddance, they were all cancerous waifuposters who hadn't played any of the other games in the series.

>When the fuck are you going to move on from your dead handheld?

When it stops getting games.
>mfw I have nine Vita games preordered right now

>Most of the people who bought CS1 and 2 in the west are vitagen shills
Objectively wrong, dumbass. Vitagen is a tiny speck compared to the amount of sales cs1 and 2 had

>PS4 exclusive

Nah. If they moved it to PC I would have though, but I'll just skip Trails from now on unless I can pirate it.

>You're making unequal comparisons between two games but keep forgetting that making the end-cap of a trilogy an exclusive on another platform not only nearly killed them once due to low sales
It didn't? This literally never happened, the only time Falcom almost died was when Softbank abruptly stopped carrying their games while they were developing Ys VII forcing them to move to PSP development exclusively rather than branching out into multiplatform like they had originally planned. Now that they're back on their feet they're planning to get back into console development as they had planned to originally.
>but does nothing but alienate the fans behind the series causing future sales to suffer.
Yeah, they're sure alienating all their fans who have PS4s anyway.
>Are you sure you didn't just start getting into Trails from Cold Steel or something?
No, I actually played the previous games unlike you Vita shill faggot secondaries.

>tfw Rean couldn't save his headpat virginity for Ari

Look at any comments on any other discussion boards/forums/etc. about Cold Steel. The majority are Vita owners who bought the game because of the dearth of localizations around the time CS1 came out and haven't played the original games at all.

>Most of the people who bought CS1 and 2 in the west are vitagen shills

All 35 of them right

>muh anecdotes

>no vita no buy
>alienate vita fans
>garbage vita
>bet you my Vita

I didn't know she had that many fans. Munk is that you?

Shhh.
Vitagen is the bogeyman they resort to when Sonybros feel threatened.
Not even Vitagen likes the PS4 / Sony.

She was my fave, hands down (my pants)

Just look at this thread. The only people upset about this are MUH VITA faggots. Notice that this post is the second one that mentions PS3?

Vitagen hates any platform that isn't Vita.

If the game was PC/PS4 they would still be complaining.

They complained that Xseed isn't localizing the fucking censored PSP version of The 3rd in current year in spite of the game being old enough to run on a potato.

>Vitagen hates any platform that isn't Vita.

Why are you spending so much time there where you can say these things with such confidence? You're not lying, are you?

No shit that poorfag vita-only autists are the ones complaining. Normal people have moved on from the vita and gotten a ps4 by now. Those people will buy cs3 on the up to date hardware, not the irrelevant legacy crap

I was hyped for the initial announcement, but after hearing it was PS4 only I gave up the series. It should've been PS4 / PC if they were worried about the Vita "holding back" the series.

I still haven't finished the first one and I probably should

Time to move on from your shitty dead handheld