Does Nintendo have the BALLS to do something like this again?

Does Nintendo have the BALLS to do something like this again?

You mean reusing all the character models and call it new content?

No, because doing that would be good business practice

I was more inclined in calling it new interesting experience that expands the lore and the characterization of BotW characters but this might work as well

MM development circumstances were very peculiar, I don't think it will ever happen again

Supposedly Link's Crossbow Training was supposed to be a full game like Majora's Mask but Nintendo axed it, just like how the actual story was cut out for SMG's sequel.

The way they made BotW itself I feel that they really could do something like this

I guess that without OoT I would've never been able to play my favorite Zelda/N64 game of all time, so thanks OoT

Breath of the Wild: Master Quest

BotW DLC

SMG?

How much shitposting and mad do you reckon that we will get when the "Difficulty dlc" turns out to just be weapons having less durability and doing less damage and mobs having more hp and do more damage and they sell it for 15-20 bucks?

offcourse, if you played MM without having played OoT you lost on magic
It's like seeing Empire strikes back without New Hope imo

>fewer, shorter dungeons and 2 of them are complete garbage
>shit on the bottom of the well concept
>90% of characters are just recycled models from oot but are totally different because ITS PARALLEL UNIVERSE!!!!
>lauded for its GREAT SIDEQUESTS when the only good one was anju/kafei
>contrarian faggots will say fedora's mask is better than oot

>Star wars analogies

Nintendo's been doing this for Zelda since ALttP. Japan got the The Stone Tablets for Satellaview that was a retooled ALttP, Master Quest was a developed 64DD game that was dropped (and then released as a WW preorder bonus) in favor of Aonuma doing MM with the assets instead, the Oracle games were made by Capcom with LA assets (plus LA even got a rerelease in DX), WW got flipped to make Tetra's Trackers, TP spawned Link's Crossbow Training, PH led right into making ST, and ALBW gave us Triforce Heroes.

The only game that hasn't been flipped was SS, though some assets might have been handed over for Hyrule Warriors. It's hard to tell.

We're already getting a hard mode and a new story mode via the DLC. I imagine they'll also have a team making something from all the assets for BOTW while Aonuma and Miyamoto bicker over what's more important to making a Zelda game (I'm betting the next game will be full of fucking caves).

Empire is superior regardless of seeing New Hope

I really hope they do this honestly.

Super Mario Galaxy

They already announced a DLC expansion

now we just have to wait and see how big it is

i'm holding out for the Alien Invasion concept scenario they had at GDC

SMG2 was still fantastic, though.

>implying

It's really too bad that it's on Switch/Wii-U only, guess I'll have to wait for Cemu or a friend to loan me his console and game

I don't own a TV so I'd have to buy one of those as well

Probably going to be how GTA IV had Liberty City Stories

Same engine just new characters and story, also you can buy it without owning the original game

I hope the "New Dungeon" and "New Story Content" means an actual mega dungeon to make up for lacking good dungeons, not a shitty "dungeon" like the ones in the base game

i'm suprisingly okay with the game we have now but it would be a cherry on top (because it's free on wiiu)

>I'm betting the next game will be full of fucking caves
Throw in some palaces and I'm down.

The models in HW are too good to just be models from the Wii games tweaked.

How the fuck is majoras mask an expansion pack?

you wouldn't need a TV for the switch desu

also just plug it into your monitor's HDMI port

This, OP is retarded

I hope it means a Shivering Isles expansion.

whats that

Yeah. that's what I would do if I could borrow the console, but I'm not really in the mood to buy one for the 2 Nintendo IP's it's gonna get

It would be around 450 dollars just to play Zelda and Mario

Just wait till they announce a good bundle or a price cut around holidays, this is literally the early access launch for faggots who can't wait

Long ago, when Sup Forums was bearable, there was a game called Oblivion and it was alright. For 20 more dollars you got an expansion with an entire world and story that lasted a good 30 hours or so.

then came horse armor

Holy fuck you are here... on this bored being this willingly ignorant.

It was designed as an expansion to OoT using the DD system but was moved to separate project after the DD fell through.

I hate that you are making me say this but educate your self.

>what is dlc
Paco where have you been?

>expansion pack
no, its a completely different game. it just runs on a similar engine.
this image is retarded

That was master quest.

the shit taste is strong with this one.

>You mean reusing all the character models and call it new content?

they already did that in the base game

no... it wasn't. Master quest was also a separate entity..

Yeah, also buying consoles on launch has been a problem for some time now with hardware faults and whatnot.

I'm more inclined to buy a PS4 though tbqh because of Kingdom hearts pack, KH3 and FF15.

I wouldn't want to end up hating Zelda either becuase I really really hate weapon degredation

.... .... ....

There I put more periods for you so you can sounds smart do not reply to me

I just beat the shit out of a lynel I broke a sword and threw the second one at him for the kill. I have so many weapons right now that I give zero fucks about what I do with them.

>tfw my monitor is DVI only

He's not wrong though. The first two dungeons are trash. Ikanna is the only remotely interesting area

They could include all the missing mobs, 10 new areas and you can stable deer, bears, the skeleton horses and King of the Mountain and there will still be non stop shitposting.

This is exactly what I've been trying to tell my friends holy shit

Your friends have better taste and talk shit about you when you're not around.

They are also adding new content tho, hard mode is just already finalized and they are paywalling it to keep hype alive until new stuff I assume

This makes me upset, I wonder what the game was going to be originally

Since there was no SPOOKY SHIT in botw, they might as well go full out spook

No, he and you are both wrong. Mm has overall the strongest 3d dungeons in the series, the only ones close are forest and water temple from oot

I would actually love to see a recreation of Zelda 1 in BotW's engine.

Are the dungeons in BotW anywhere near as good as Great Bay Temple or Stone Tower Temple?

You can just buy a converter, or just buy a DVi to HDMI cable.

Dreams for botw dlc thread?

>new dungeon to be a giant complex like hyrule castle (which is amazing) that can be entered from multiple ways, has hidden treasure, and is thematically very interesting
>new map feature to just be the map expanded to the north/west and to include at least one new town, maybe a few new enemies, some new weapons and another house to buy/town to build
>stable animals other than horses
>happy mask salesman to feature in some way
>interactions with zelda I know it will never happen but have her live in your house
>a way to enchant your own weapons (and maybe repair them too at the cost of a lot of money)

That totally dark fog-island was a little bit spooky.

one HUGE Clock town with fucked up sidequests

Hyrule castle is, to me, the best in the series. The beasts are actually really good and similar to great bay and stone tower (large architectural spaces you must understand and manipulate to conquer) but are a little short

Also, the labyrthins are amazing if you don't cheese them like a nigger by climbing to the top (and even better if you turn off the mini map and the shrine sensor)

Where is that?

>even less stamina

>giving Jim Fucking sterling more things to complain about

P spook. But still not spooky enough. What you had to do on that island was way too easy (atleast for my Link when I found it)

Why don't you just block/blacklist him with youtube+ like every other sensible person?

Not really

Majora and Ocarina are polar opposites

The magic is still there regardless of which one you play first

>cheese them like a nigger by climbing to the top
Yup. That's me.

Majora's Mask is basically the product of Miyamoto challenging Aunouma to make a Zelda game in a single year

Given how MM turned out, it's really impressive, of course he was going to reuse models

they would be stupid if they didn't

>located to the north
>massive, as big as hateno and kakariko combined at least
>can buy a permanent room at stock pot inn
>festival of time is approaching
>dungeon is ikana castle except instead of being run by malice it is infested with Garo and stalfos
>smith at snow peak can enchant all your weapons (diamond gives durability, topaz makes it thunder etc) and fixes durability (but is super expensive)
>termina in general done botw style

I've never known how much I wanted this until just now

Why deprive yourself of such an awesome experience?

I don't really want them to add anything to the already existing landmass because I feel it's perfectly paced as it is right now, but I would be fine with them adding a new island off the coast that has one new village with side quests and a dungeon that is more like the classic zelda dungeons.

Well, honestly, at first when I found it I thought they'd put some preventative measure if someone wanted to do that. Figured there'd be a cool, "haha faggot you thought you could cheaply do this bitch? No." And then I was sadly disappointment. Not a damn thing stopped me. I've only done of them though. Probably will do it the legit way next time.

I am fine with the size but they cock teased more land hard by having the land to the north and to the west you can't get to

As for the dungeons, I'm honestly perplexed as to how people want the old formula when we know shit like hyrule castle is possible. Throw in a few puzzles that span multiple rooms, a few keys, and the castle would literally be perfect

I meant visually something similar to the old dungeons. Mechanically they couldn't work like the old dungeons/temples because you can't just add a new item like the hookshot because the game isn't designed that way. Like you said something like The Hyrule Castle would be cool with maybe some locked doors you would have to find keys to, and having it being bigger and more complex.

Sorry I wasn't specific enough.

No worries, wasn't attacking you, just curious because I honestly feel hyrule castle is goat design

I don't think there anything on the switch that indicates hardware can be upgraded.

You won't see a new zelda game until they need you to buy another console that has no (other) games.

for a moment Nintendo's main objective was to make money

The Oracle games share many assets and also reuse Link's Awakening assets.