Why Sup Forums likes japanese games so much?

Why Sup Forums likes japanese games so much?

Horizon literally sold more than the entire combined japanese games released this year (Zelda,nioh,yakuza 0,nier automata,gravity rush 2 , kingdom hearts 2.8...)

The majority is always right, so Sup Forums is wrong because you are the minority.

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/02/nioh-worldwide-sales-top-one-million
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Horizon literally sold more than the entire combined japanese games released this year (Zelda,nioh,yakuza 0,nier automata,gravity rush 2 , kingdom hearts 2.8...)
I seriously doubt that, post a source.

salesfag sage

>Horizon literally sold more than the entire combined japanese games released this year

>Why Sup Forums likes japanese games so much?

Because they are actually games,

Explain without memes. Horizon is just as, if not more, of a game than Breath of the Wild.

Where did I ever say Horizon wasn't a game?

>source: my ass

OP is full of shit.

We already know that both Zelda and Nioh have sold more than one milion copies.

I wouldn't go as far as to call it a movie game, but gameplay seems to have taken a back seat to making the game look pretty. That is kinda Guerilla's MO, so thats not terribly surprising.

Horizon has the depth of a puddle. It's Mash X to win Combat that Bamham popularized with some good-old impactless western archery, with slow enemies that can't hit you for shit even while you're casually jogging. And that's just the core gameplay, the other aspects are arguably worse. The only thing they did right was outsource all those assets to some miserable 3rd world sweatshops so it looks good. Then again, visuals are the only thing the west can do right as far as AA and up go.

The only reason we like the Japanese games is because of one simple reason: Japan and China are massively, massively insular.

What this means is that most game companies don't bother to release their games outside of their respective countries. The only ones that do are the ones certain that western audiences will be interested.

This acts as a sort of crap filter, limiting the releases we get in the west, and resulting in us getting most of the good stuff, while missing out on the crap. Throw int he law of averages and us having a rather shit memory that blurs together, and we rerember only the good.

TD:LR The east only releases good shit into the west so we think that everything coming out of the east into the west is good shit.

Jesus Christ, you're almost as bad as fucking reddit. People there actually believe Horizon has better combat than Zelda or Nioh.

>Nioh have sold more than one milion copies.
Did it really? That's great, they deserve it. I really liked the approach they took to developing and using player feedback.

>three of the top four games in image are eastern games.

Answered your own fucking question there.

Eh, but we are comparing international AAA releases here and most of those releases here and most of those have been better in the east recently. The nips do produce plenty of dogshit though for sure and the weebs need to get their heads on straight if they think Japan can do no wrong.

gematsu.com/2017/02/nioh-worldwide-sales-top-one-million

>gameplay seems to have taken a back seat to making the game look pretty

That's an understatement.

>Why Sup Forums likes japanese games so much?
Generally they don't. It's just that one very rare occurance where Japan actually released more than one above-average game in a row (to which the recent releases have all been well received titles).

Unless we want to look at their backlog for last year and take a look at all the shit they released.

No wonder why the western industry is falling so hard.