Nothing will beat Witcher 3 face animations until Cyberpunk 2070 is out

>nothing will beat Witcher 3 face animations until Cyberpunk 2070 is out

It's just bunch of potato eating slavs, how can mighty western gaming industry can't set the bar higher?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fx_O3aw3bro
webmshare.com/4ew4K
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought Phantom Pain's were better.

They get Slav(e) wages.
Potatos are all they can afford.

>That feel when you're trying to understand the outrage over MEA animations while people post Witcher 3 stuff.
Maybe its just something I never really paid a whole lotta attention to, But it seems like a rather insignificant think in the grand scheme of things.

When like half the game is based around talking to people (as in MEA) animations that bad are pretty distracting and irritating.

The facial animations are solid but not amazing desu.

The cutscene/conversation animations are pretty meh. People don't actually interact with objects. It cuts to a shot above the waist while they fiddle with something offscreen and then cuts to the object. This isn't a problem but I'd hardly call it mindblowing

I can't believe i got into this game so late.

Even so, I don't feel like they seem so detracting, Are people sure its not something they'd get over 4 or 5 hours in?

Maybe you would okay with them, for a lot of people looking at painfully bad animations for hours of dialogue is pretty unpleasant, especially in a $60 "next-gen" game.

Sorry, my face is tired.

>But it seems like a rather insignificant think in the grand scheme of things
Animation is probably one of the most important things in a fucking RPG, mate

This is the funniest shit to me. Are they really acknowledging how bad the animations are and trying to brush it off with "my face is tired"?

If you're going to have awful shit in your game don't directly bring it up and give a retarded non-excuse for it.

>But it seems like a rather insignificant think in the grand scheme of things.

Oh quite the contrary actually. Especially in dialogue heavy RPG character animations massively improve immersion and believability of the dialogue.

>4 or 5 hours in
I think a lot of people would probably drop the game if it still bothered them that long.

I'm probably going to play a friend's copy or pirate it because I don't think Bioware should be rewarded for being that lazy, but 2 each hiz own my dude.

You fucked her sister, right?

>hurr durr they made the Witcher 3 with two nickels and a bottle of wodka
They had tens of millions of dollars. Is what they did impressive? Yes. Did they work a miracle? No.

When your entire workforce can be hired for a sack of potatoes, it's not very difficult to get a lot of work out of them.

of course not, im horny but not stupid

>Witcher 3 was the best game of all time and the dev team were literally just paid in bottles of vodka
Fucking magic.

I did, she was part of my long running goal to fuck every woman possible in the trilogy. Still, Annarietta is miles better and I wish I could've fucked her instead.

my guy

But was she really born evil?

It has nothing with how much you care about something and everything with keeping up with your contemporaries. Want to be one of the big boys? Get ready to be judged by those same standards.

are you saying that you westerners don't eat potatoes every day, your whole lives?
Interesujące

>CDPR became one of the RPG titans with three games

Samescene done by BioWare, yes it's even animated

>he is not a potato eating slav
You will never understand the power of slav magic.

kek

Horizon Zero Dawn tried to set bar higher and it didn't work out too well

>I smell some ugly nekkers
Maybe it's because my face is tired, but this was really funny to me.

You can get a lot done when you aren't run by a mega corporation like EA. Bioware used to be independent like CD projekt and now they're fucked.

Dude, just ignore the bad things! You're only wasting your time and money =)

The irony here is that Bioware gave them a kick start with their Aurora Engine. Well, Bioware was still good back then.

No one from old team is even working there anymore, EA just keep abusing old name

they strickly eat magic castlevania wall potatoes

LA Noire is actually where the bar is set. Witcher 3 failed to beat a game that came out last gen.

Are W3 face animations hand made?

They're really subtle and somehow manage to look really natural while avoiding the pitfalls of uncanny valley.

Every other game the facial animations seem forced and over the top like some alien trying to pretend he is human.

What's the secret to slav face animations?

And gave them small spot during E3

LA Noire is fucking shit it's exactly what I referenced in it's way over the top and forced and exaggerated like "look at me i'm shocked now can you tell i'm shocked? look at my face!"

W3 is infinitely superior to that pile of trash

>it's way over the top and forced and exaggerated
It has to be due to being apart of the game's mechanic. Giving people more subtle tells would just confuse some players.

Yes.

>How does creating a dialogue scene like this look like from cinematic designer's point of view? First of all, it's not only animating. In fact, there's very little animating at all. Animations are delivered to the animation library - a huge set of gestures, moves and facial animations. Cinematic designer working on a scene simply uses those libraries, crafting actor performance from pre-made animation blocks. And it's something no algorithm can do. Does the woman who lost everything in the fire do this or that gesture? Should it happen while she speaks or during a pause? In what pose does she stand? Should she look away? For how long? Should she be expressive or hide her feelings?

>The “algorithm” or “generator” as we call it, was used only as a solid base for further development of the scene. It was a shortcut, a tool, but never a goal. More of a production-related thing. It created a rough first pass through a scene, which was always tweaked and adjusted by hand - in all 1463 dialogues. In many, the algorithm wasn't used at all, as they demanded custom approach from the very beginning.

And it was still better animated than anything this gen.

>nothing will beat Witcher 3 face animations until Cyberpunk 2070 is out
Hmmm
youtube.com/watch?v=Fx_O3aw3bro

It was great for its time and still exceeds many games, but The Witcher 3 is better.

Good but not even close to the level of TW3's animations.

You can tell a big enthusiast made this

t.pollackshills.

I did, felt good

MY FUCKING SIDES

>stating facts is shilling

wew lad

I think even game from 2002 had better face animation than ME A

NOLF was so fucking good.

Even today it hasn't aged at all. Still a blast to play.

Damn are you me. I did the same thing leading up to TW3. TW1 has a DTF peasant every 25 feet it feels like.

It wasnt even animation dude. They recorded every inch of the actors face with /the/ most advanced camera system in the world at the time and it was so expensive it hasnt been used since.

aka potato magic. Its so fucking simple and intuitive according to them and its produced the best animations in gaming. Simply incredible.

Amen
also
nolfrevival.tk

always thought that source engine had best face animations, what with their animation generator and all.

No

What's good about it? I haven't played it but I've been hearing about it lately. I don't like all the colours. Convince me it's fun.

it already happened over ten years ago

Are they animations or mocap? Naughty Dog is good at it because everything up until Uncharted 4 was hand animated.

The best thing about it is how it's done on Geralt, a lot of his animations are very subtle and communicate a lot to the player. He doesn't laugh, but his face does.

>I don't like all the colours
This game is set in crazy 70' years
Everything were colorful then
Also she is one of the best balanced female characters, she is sexy and sassy and still she is not like robocop that she can do everything

webmshare.com/4ew4K

XDD

MGSV came out after TW3, and TW3 is 80% poker face with the ocasional facial expression.
Better than ME:A, but still underwhelming for a 70 million game.

Slavs are hard workers, I get this feeling that bioware employees are all lazy millenials

Reminder that you Boomer faggots are way worse and 10 times as lazy

Sure, but I still think Bioware developers are lazy numales

uc4 has better tho

Red Dead 2 will have far better facial animations for an open-world game

and if we include linear shit too The Witcher 3 doesn't even come close to The Order 1886 and Uncharted 4

>devs are just lazy
This is a meme. People working 80 hr weeks aren't lazy. It's a talent/leadership problem.

It's a bunch of potato eating slavs who are passionate about making a good game, not a bunch of SJW's pushing an agenda like a lot of dev's now

Do you have any idea how old millenials are? Anyone younger than 37 is either a millennial or gen z.

>Red Dead 2 will have far better facial animations for an open-world game

You literally can't know this yet.

>The Order 1886 and Uncharted 4
Movies don't count.

>movie game
so does rise of the tomb raider which is also a movie game. What's your point?

Nice meme, kid.

the point is that its better.

you're just a lazy-enabler
why are you standing up for bioware why? gamers used to have standards

you can't move the goalposts, UC4 has better animations regardless

and yeah I don't know for sure whether RDR2 will have better facial animations, but Rockstar has been at the forefront of open-world visuals since probably 2008 so I can make a pretty good guess. and the environments themselves are already far better than what The Witcher 3 pulled off if the trailer is anything to go by.

>potato eating slavs
brhu 80 million shekels.

>if they just work harder, everything will be better
That would be an easier situation for them to fix, if I were being positive I would be saying that. Lazy employees are better than incompetent ones.

CDPR is only employing people based on merit, they aren't hiring no talent diversity quota minorities.

>Can't romance Cerys at all
I'm still fucking pissed. Can't even have best girl help you fight at Kaer Morhen.

so slavs are not only harder workers but more talented as well? amerisharts on suicide watch

>Boland
>minorities

We're talking about best canned facial animation here right?

Because as much as I love W3, their full cutscene animations are a bit jank.

CDPR has a pretty huge hiring advantage compared to devs in the west. While their talent pool is smaller, they can hire many more, higher quality animators because the cost of living is so low in poland.

>Just a bunch of slavs
>370 employees

>tfw 2070
>Cyperpunk is still in development

well there's 2 already then.
OP already proven wrong with your help.
UC4 and RTR, do we need to keep the list going kid?

That's what happens when you dump 50% of your budget into facial animations and graphics, other 50% into marketing and hire 12 year olds to design gameplay and quests.

Also Phantom Pain has much better facial animations

Phantom pain is full mocap user.

We're comparing canned talking animation here.

a unit of queensguard to help you fight the wild hunt. why cant we have this?
maybe he would have lived....

Pretty sure Warzaw isn't very cheap at all. They might be flying a bit lower but it sure as hell isn't dirtfarm cheap.

MGSV has better facial animations and facial detail.
Prove me wrong

This is on the leafs, for once.

Slav and nip devs have soul, some sort of vision and passion, put effort and thought. They still resist the corporate machine of REHASH SAFE BIG BUDGET AAA GOTYAY barrage, common to westerners

Fuck you....

youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

all these videos came out 4 years ago.....

why the f did this game begin with Geralto griding his feet in your face erotically?

I think the point being made was that a short game with motion capture is easier to animate than a 200 hours cutscene heavy rpg animated by hand.

MGSV had superb character animations all around

they even had different bump maps to simulate muscles/tendons moving under the skin and cloth wrinkles shifting when moving

Someone post Half life 2 facial animations because in my mind it had better ones than 99% of games released since

Give me a fucking break.