Why so many normalfags like and consider TLoU one of the best games ever...

Why so many normalfags like and consider TLoU one of the best games ever? It's just an average third person shooter with a bland as fuck post apocalyptic story

>plays more like a stealth game
>game is best known for it's strong character writing
What did he mean by this?

This thread gets posted on a daily basis and you know that OP.

It is common knowledge by now that the last of us is praised for its cinematic qualities and the love and care put into it.

It is also common knowledge that the vocal portion of Sup Forums hates the last of us for obvious reasons that have already been mentioned time and time again.

Be honest, the only reason you made this thread is for attention.

I actually think it's not that bad.
Story is average, but well executed.

Gameplay is solid on hardest difficulty.

Yeah, you got me, but can you please answer the damned question

My assumption has been that it's very close to the throwaway blockbusters that people always love to tell everyone they went and saw

/thread

Life is better when you disregard the things you don't like. No one want's to hear you're complaining. It's not even funny to goof on like Andromeda. Move on.

The game came out back when "serious zombies" in the media were still interesting, and when the modern FPS genre began to die out. Plus, it was made by naughty dog, who already had a good reputation for the uncharted series (and are also one of the companies who pay the most for good reviews).

Best graphics at its time, and still among the top 5 today. Great voice acting, combined with admittedly good character writing. Lots of lore and environmental story telling. Average gameplay, but not flawed enough that critics could find anything real to complain about.

I played this on stranded(?) difficulty as my first play through and honestly I cant imagine playing it on anything easier. Difficulty settings in video games tend to be absolute shit but it felt like the perfect amount because you should be stealthy but headshots and general precision kills should matter.

I did just end up running through the last infected areas a bit though because fuck clickers. but really it worked as intended

this thread is different. it isn't asking why we hate it, it is asking why others like it. With that being said, op, to answer your question, ND gained a following from the uncharted games. however, by the third game most of the fans had grown up. they knew if they made a more mature game they could recapture the fans of uncharted games to make more money. thus the last of us was born.

A game that actually requires you to read the tutorial and practice like God Eater is too much to ask for normies.

A generic two-button third person game is easier to please the western audience.
back to r3ddit.

Because you're a retard who thinks his opinion is fact.

Saying TLOU's gameplay is mediocre is an immediate redflag that someone hasn't played it. It's probably the best multiplayer shooter in recent memory but that gets lost in all the shitposting about it being a movie.

>t. I "played" it on youtube

please point me to more average games like TLOU

I've been thinking for a while now that TLoU is kind of like the 'Crash' of video games. It's got all of the elements of something successful and good but just doesn't work at all and remembering how praised it was at the time is embarrassing.

Shadows of the Damned
The Evil Within
Resident Evil 5, 6 & 7
Sleeping Dogs

All 5-7/10 games that are good for one playthrough.

>Shadows of the Damned
>The Evil Within
>Resident Evil 5, 6 & 7
>Sleeping Dogs
>All 5-7/10 games that are good for one playthrough.

Can confirm.

Because "Naughty Dog" can apparently do no wrong.

pretty much this