So is it pretty much 100% confirmed that any of the Sonic 3 stages that have music licensing issues will NOT be...

So is it pretty much 100% confirmed that any of the Sonic 3 stages that have music licensing issues will NOT be re-imagined for Mania?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WR8bFSAEV0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=oLuQZ4Gnjkc
youtube.com/watch?v=VjnM9DhRKUY
youtu.be/pCe9THmrasw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not exactly a surprise, so long as the Jackson Estate are money grubbing porch monkeys.

Why not just give them completely new music? Obvious solution.

Which stages does this even apply to?

Because fans will flip out that the music is not what they remembered.

Dunno if confirmed, but it's not going to happen.

Carnival Night, Ice Cap and Launch Base.

I'm of the opinion that they should just use the songs from the PC version of S3&K, but the other user is spot-on.

Because those places wouldn't stack up, music wise. Just leave them out, there's so many stages to pull from and there's so few slots that missing out on like, 3 is not a big deal.

Has nothing to do with the Jackson estate, none of Michael Jackson's music made it to the game, only stuff made by other composers he brought in.

>you can't use someone's work without crediting him
Oh okay, I guess the Michael Jackson soundalike from that episode of the Simpsons wasn't Michael Jackson.

Oh, Carnival Night's music fucking sucks anyway and it's a shitty zone on top of that. And Launch Base is nothing special. Ice Cap is the only real loss here.

That's a very poor example considering that episode caused a massive shitstorm that led to them never doing that again.

Not really confirmed, but I wouldn't count on them.

I agree with this guy.
I'm not wild about either carnival night or launch base so it's no real loss there, but you touch my ice cap and there will be blood.

HARD TIMES

Hopefully they replace and remix the zones with these songs again.

youtube.com/watch?v=WR8bFSAEV0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=oLuQZ4Gnjkc
youtube.com/watch?v=VjnM9DhRKUY

its not MJ but a dude who worked with MJ that did a few tracks well more like reworked the tracks he made slightly

Not too keen on that Ice Cap one. The reason Ice Cap's music is so good is because it sounds uniquely sorrowful.

How is it uniquely sorrowful?

How is your mother uniquely sorrowful?

>hating on based launch base zone
plebs the lot of you

it's in the key chord arrangement.

From the start of the tune, most of the composition supports/suggests a lower or 'falling' reach of melody.

Compare the original Ice cap to the later PC port that was swapped out.

If the PC version is any indication, the only songs they can't use are:

Carnival Night
Ice Cap
Launch Base
The S3 jingles/miniboss (Which all suck anyway)
2 player menu

Jun also confirmed he worked on Angel Island.

The Simpsons are also completely unaffiliated with Sega, so of course another company is capable of making the same mistake.

It's mostly the major and minor keys. The old Ice Cap zone made heavy use of minor keys which sound like something is slightly mournful or concerning. The new one makes heavy use of major keys which sound cheerful and pleasant.

All the original songs in Mania so far have been shit. I can only imagine the generic piece of shit they would come up with for Launch Base or Ice Cap Zone if they were to make new music for it.

>Carnival Night's music fucking sucks anyway and it's a shitty zone on top of that.
Massive pleb.

>All the original songs in Mania so far have been shit.

inb4 someone replies with studiopolis zone and act like they btfo the argument

Flying Battery Zone is coming back with the intact music I think it's safe to say anything is possible

This. They all just sound like shitty CD ripoffs and not good ones either.

>All the original songs in Mania so far have been shit.

The artists stupid obsession with dance beats is a little annoying but they're hardly bad songs.

How can anyone unironically like this trash?

>All the original songs in Mania so far have been shit

Too forgettable.

Not really, I still remember the melody to Studiopolis and everything. Same with Mirage Saloon. The two are a bit samey though.

Fun fact: the singing voice in that episode is actually a Michael Jackson soundalike found by Michael Jackson himself. Not because of contractual issues, but because he had a bet with some people that they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between him and an impersonator.

Wow. Not gonna be able to unsee that now.

Not that I mind.

[citation needed]

>S3 jingles/
The extra life music in the latest video was actually based off the S3 one.

>studiopolis zone

sure it sounds like a CD song but man come on, the stage is very CD-esque.

My source died of an overdose on painkillers, sorry

>CD-esque

so it's shit

worst taste in the thread

CD had great visual aesthetic though, just not the best level design.

youtu.be/pCe9THmrasw
educate yaselves

I'm honestly not fond of CD's visuals. The color palette is basically fucking random, levels are cluttered with background objects, and level themes aren't especially strong in most cases (outside of technology future and nature past).

The game tried to go for a unique art-style that still fit Sonic's retro sprite; it's hit or miss for people.

I perosnally like it, and especially like the Quartz Quadrant stage (as well as the US version's good/bad future music).

Taxman clearly prefers CD to 2 or 3K, which is unfotunate in my opinion. But at least he isn't designing levels around the "future/past" signpost gimmick which was the biggest detractor of the game.