Have you ever purchased multiple copies of a game to show appreciation towards your favored devs, Sup Forums?

Have you ever purchased multiple copies of a game to show appreciation towards your favored devs, Sup Forums?

DMC4SE

No, I just buy collector's editions instead
>BOTW
>Nier:Automata
>Persona 5
>Horizon Zero dawn
all worth it

>OP assuming everyone isn't a dick and don't pirate

I like you, OP

I bought Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Fallout 4 twice each. I'm not kidding.

No, because they wouldn't care anyway.

Yes this isn't a new thing either OP in general

DMC4+SE,
MGR on ps3 then on PC when it went on sale cuz it was cheaper to buy the whole game+DLC than buying just the DLC on ps3
Technically Bayonetta since the wiiu version came bundled with B2
DMC3+the DMC HD collection
Dark Souls 2 on PS3 and PC, same deal as with MGR

I considered it with Euphoria and Mangagamer
But then they said they exceeded their required amount so I only bought one after all

Maybe with Maggot Baits.
It's not really to show appreciation but to entice them to translate stuff that panders to my fetishes more.

I bought Dark Souls on the xbox and then again on PC.

>money isn't relevant to them

I bought the digital version of Automata to play it early and the steelbook edition. I'll buy it for PC eventually.

Later ports yes, multiple versions of it on the same platform no.

I've purchased many copies of several games, but not to show appreciation.

I've bought these many times from many stores.
>Warcraft 3
>Viewtiful Joe
>Diablo 2
>Roller Coaster Tycoon

Yes, I bought all the DS Castlevania games at least 5x each. And I've owned and gave away over 30 copies of too human.
Used to keep a stash of too human copies to give away to visitors. I still buy any copy I see in a store

are you a goblin

What?

Shovel Knight.

The 3DS version and the PS4 version.

Probably bought Diable 2 and Age of Empires 1 and 2 about three or four times each.

>Resident Evil 4
Gamecube, PS2, PS3

>Resident Evil REmake
Gamecube, PS4

>Max Payne
PC, PS3, IOS

>Max Payne 3
PC, PS3

>Grand Theft Auto V
PS3, PS4

>Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
PS2, PS3, DS, PC

>Ghost Trick
DS, IOS

>Deadly Premonition
360, PS3

>Valkyria Chronicles
PS3, PS4, PC

>a single guy helping 1 more copy is relevant.
If anything spreading word about the game is more helpful for them.

nah, but there's a small handful of games I bought twice, on different platforms

Buying a game twice is silly but I guess I got AoM and Sonic CD a second time on Steam.

Resident Evil 4 (PS2, Wii, Steam)
Rayman Origins (Vita, Steam)
Shovel Knight (PS4, Wii U, Steam)

If by "purchased multiple copies" you mean literally buying two or more units at the same time, then no.

I've never bought multiple copies of the same game.

I did however buy both the console and PC versions of:
>Skullgirls
>Street Fighter 4
>Dragon's Dogma
>Dark Souls
>Disgaea
>DMC4

Don't get me wrong though. I pirate fucking everything

The only time I bought a game twice was for the PC version, or the "Game of the Year" edition was cheaper than buying all the dlc

Yes, I bought multiple copies of Strike Vector to gift to friends for christmas.

I buy them only if I wanted to play again

I bought it for 360 at release as well as Dark Arisen.

tbqh if someone offered to cover my funeral costs, I'd kill myself right now.

I just don't want to dump that on my grandparents

I remember I bought NWN, then a Gold Edition which came with NWN and SoU. Then Hordes, then Diamond Edition. Gave the other copies to friends to play online with.

>Strike Vector

Fuck, I really wish that game had taken off.
It was the most fun I had with a game in a long, long time when I first tried it.

I even went full weeb and made a /m/ playlist exclusively for that game

I do that a lot from time to time depending on the mood. Last one was Persona 5. But the craziest one would be Retro City Rampage, which I bought 12 times in a row after playing first copy. That is... irrational.

>10k yen
not enough to gamble anything

i Brought Splatoon 4 times
Last one was a gift for my Girlfriend
It's a really cute game, had a few issues here and there, but fun overall

No, but I bought Xenoblade again on n3DS to do my part in hopes of it getting popular enough for some merchandise, mainly figures.

I do it out of laziness when I can't be bothered to find my physical copy or non-shit torrent.

I bought Dark Souls on PS3 and PC
I bought Dragon's Dogma on PS3, Dark Arisen on PS3 and then again on PC
I've bought every version of Mount and Blade and bought 4 extra copies of warband to gift to friends.

>including new vegas here
Either it's some sort of a next level bait or you're an idiot

Yes. Though, it was mostly because my dad ripped the disk in half for the first copy I bought since he had a no FPS policy even though I tried to explain that it was a FPA, but he wasn't having any of that.

Secretly bought a second copy afterwards.

I have bought upwards of 20 copies of the various Sakura Wars games.

Yes, I did with terraria, transistor, ori and the blind forest, momodora: reverie under the moonlight and a couple more I cant remember right now.

If a dev deserves the money he gets the money (if they released versions on gog and steam).

I bought a second copy of Witcher 3 to gift to a friend that had lost his job (and because I kind of recommended it to him. He's a sucker for those kind of settings.) I also kind of helped him out with his rig with some of my older, but still pretty decent parts, and I kind of wanted him to have something to play on it.

Turns out it was a good move. It gave him a way to distract himself from how shitty his situation was till he found a new job.

3DS and Vita versions of Virtue's Last Reward

Wii and Vita versions of Muramasa

You're a pretty based friend

Fate/Extella

Mostly because I love Wada's artwork so I got the Regalia boxes and a Velber Box. I also bought the Digital versions of the NA games for the DLC which was fucking bullshit because I had pre-ordered an NP edition and we weren't getting shit.

So I have 7 copies of the game. 4 vita, 3 PS4

Yes I'm a fucking retard but I love Nero more.

No. Hell no, fuck no. Retarded as hell, what am I going to do with multiples copy of the same game? Absolutely nothing. Waste of fucking money.

I buy them for friends, but generally only if the game was made by a small dev team / solo work though.

Recent ones were Axiom Verge, Steamworld Heist, and Stardew Valley. I've bought a few copies of each.

Damn user, can I be your friend? You sound like an alright dude.

I bought Startropics when it came out on Wii VC despite owning the NES cart

Thought maybe it would spur interest in a sequel, or Mike being in Smash or something. I was so naive

No. Full price at launch is enough for me to feel I'm showing support.

No. I did need to buy multiple copies of Morrowind because the first two were destroyed. If I knew what would happen to Bethesda in the future, I wouldn't.

what's wrong with New Vegas? 4 should be the bait if anything

I bought 17 copies of disc jam when it came out about a week ago, and i've been giving them out and trading them. It's a surprisingly fun game too. Playing this, I have 0 interest in windjammers HD. Which is saying a lot considering I own a windjammers cab.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves, for every console I own it has a port for

Nintendo fans all do it. They love buying multiple ports of the same game over and over again.

Bought new vegas and skyrim on PC when I already had the 360 ones, those were goty/legendary editions though

I've bought OoT 3 times. Not to show appreciation though. Once when I was younger. Once on the Wii VC and then once on the 3DS for the upgraded port.

I've bought multiple copies of a game but not to support the devs, just because I either wanted a second copy for my own selfish reasons or it was a version for a different console.

I own three copies of Resident evil 7.
1x PS3
1x PC retail
1x Steam

Pokemon Red and Blue. Not to show appreciation, but because I was a stupid 10 year old who thought they would be 2 different games.

Obviously RE5 and not 7

There were issues with multiplayer when the GFWL went down, if i recall correctly.

I remember buying like 5 copies of it and dumped them on Sup Forums a few years back, in an attempt to bolster some activity.

What a great fucking game. Literally everyone I know that played it wishes it was still alive.

>motherboard for PC dies a week before DS3 release
>buy DS3 for PS4 to play it
>buy again on PC to play with friends

Going from PS4 to PC was fantastic though, having 60fps during Gundyr made me feel like I was moving at sanic speed.

>Diablo 2
>Warcraft 3

FUCKING CD KEYS LOST TO THE ETHER!!!!

Why? Devs won't get this money anyway.

The more money a publisher gets for a game, the more money in theory that they give the developer next time.

>to show appreciation towards your favored devs
Kinda sorta

I'm dumb enough to have bought Skullgirls on most systems at this point

I got 3 copies of Vesperia on the 360 and imported the PS3 version without understanding moonrunes

I bought
>JP KH2
>NA KH2
>KH2FM
>PS3 KH 2.5
>Preordered PS4 KH 1.5+2.5

Does that count?

i gave wollay $25 and he still hasn't updated cube world

>:-((((

I bought Dark Souls on Steam, then bought the physical edition just for the small shitty artbook. Gave the key to a friend.

Bought Blood Dragon on Steam, then bought the physical for the kitsch neon poster. It was small and full of logos so i never displayed it.

Pirated all the Ys games and La-Mulana and finished them, and like a week later they all came out on Steam so I bought them, didn't even install them.

Bought ori and the blind forrest for XB1 and PC then bought the difinitive edition on XB1

Wat
But I got the definitive edition for free for having the normal version on steam

I know i have it too but i loved the game so much that i bought it again anyways

I got Cave story like five or six times, different versions and on different platforms. Not really to support the devs though

Don't know if counts, but I purchased the different versions of the Battle Network games, and the version of 5 for the DS

I once ended up buying a 4-pack of a game I liked, but that wasn't exactly to show I support and appreciate the dev, it was more buying it for some friends