Breath of the wild thread

Breath of the wild thread

What do you think the game does well, and what aspects of this game to you want to carry over to the sequel?

every time I see one of those nigger dragons I'm out of arrows

in fact I'm always out of arrows

Literally what is the point of Fairy Tonic?

>next game focuses on transformation
>namely Deku, Ritos, Zora, Goron, Wolf link
>Zora allows you to dive, Rito to glide, Goron to bash rocks hard and Deku to shrink. Wolf link is revamped to include more moves and a better sniff mechanic
>added focus on underwater and sky travel
>each tranformation linked to a dungeon themed around each race
>each dungeon has a boss from the race that is possessed by ganon
>Wolf link is linked to the twilight realm, and also gives you an alternate quest line for wolves, which will allow you to summon the help of them after
>after gaining the transformations you must gather the pieces of triforce or some shit from other dungeons
>final fight will take place in the twilight realm
>added sense of urgency, ganon's blight can be seen slowly taking over area as you play

>in fact I'm always out of arrows
This was me in my first 40 hours
Now I'm always buying tons of arrows

shrines - gyroscope non-sense

By the end of the game I had 350ish normal arrows, 100+ of every other type and 20 ancient arrows that I never used. I don't know how people run out of them.

Just another health potion. My crabby rice balls are better, though.

>even Blights go ragdoll

How? Tons of enemies shoot them, and many chests contain arrows of a sort

>open world
>can't explore underwater
>shrines arr rook same
>incorporate shrine puzzles into the world itself
>find a cool ruin with a puzzle in it instead of finding a glowing orange bulb like always

I just forget to stock up and like to go bow hunting for wolves.

Which Zelda Item do you wish was in BotW?

Hookshot would be pretty useful for getting around easy, in combination with the climbing.

>daruk lost to flameblight

30 sec + zero risk boss

I also like Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess/10

Open world is fine for getting to places, but I want more places worth getting to. Dungeons, caves, abandoned fortresses, cool shit. I'd love to see something Snowpeak Ruins-esque in the mountains, or an abandoned town near a graveyard full of undead.

Dungeons could work if they're like Hyrule Castle; big structures that you have to work to even get to, with multiple entry points and lots of secret passages. Have a fortress in the middle of the ocean like fucking Alcatraz, have a fortress in the desert hidden by a sandstorm.

More unique setpieces in general would be appreciated. Moldugas are fun to fight (when you don't cheese them) but they're almost the only biome specific enemy. They could easily have a unique mini-boss per zone and enemies that only appear in certain areas.

Hookshot is unneeded since ravioli's Gale exists

I would want the top though, that was fun as fuck

Love it. Also throw Sheikah powers in there just fucking because.

Anyone sorta want a stealth-themed Sheikah spinoff now?

This is my favorite reference

Hookshot would probably break the whole climbing aspect. Then again, there are already about 5324 different ways to ascend so who knows.

I really love some of the shrines. A lot of them feel like I'm doing something wrong but I got it anyway like using a hidden chest to bat a ball over something towards its hole or using traveler's swords to close electrical circuits

I'm an archer dude, use a LOT of arrows

Ocarina, being able to change weather would be amazing

Yup, more enemy vairety and dungeons could elevate the game. It feels like they went quantity

Even if it's unneeded, it would be cool to just be able to pick up 1-or-2 use hookshots around in chests, for when you dont have Rivali's Gale.

WW's grappling hook could be neat. Rope swings. Acts as a whip in combat.

I'd really love a WW style grappling hook, though. Throw it up and latch on and it lets you climb walls more quickly without using as much stamina. You can swing from it, use it to tightrope walk over gaps, etc.

You see those mountains? You can climb them.

Except this one. You can't climb this one.

>>added sense of urgency, ganon's blight can be seen slowly taking over area as you play

Fucking shoot yourself you faggot, this is against zelda's "explore and enjoy the game" play style.

That whole mechanic torched MPrime 2 for me.

o_O

More Sheikah powers would be welcome, but stealth? Ehhhh

The magic cape.

>The "Endgame" is nothing more than slaughtering every Lynel on the map and waiting for a Blood Moon to respawn them

I would be more upset if they weren't so goddamn fun to fight.

>see that mountain?
...youjust lost the game, son

maybe as an unlockable after beating the game or something

I'd want it to be more like Just Cause's grapplers

What if the blight changes the game as you play? So waiting for it to completely take over could be fun as fuck as well

Yeah, the grappling hook would be pretty awesome. Maybe add the ability to hook it around branches/bars and pull up boxes and stuff? I can see a lot of environmental puzzles that could use something like that.

>All the heroes fucking died to these piece of shit bosses.

Jesus if theres one fault this game has is that the bosses are super fucking easy to anybody with a fuckin brain.

It isn't fucking believable that all your niggas died to the blights.

I want them to add some additional features.

Sequel needs
>Dive mechanics with Zora Mask
>Flight mechanics with giant birds or Rito Mask
>Goron Mask
>Instrument that can manipulate the weather (So you can fucking get rid of the rain)
>Portable cooking pot so you can cook while on the go.
>More knights, more enemy variety.
>No slow motion mechanic since it makes the system lag.
>Race war story between races since every one in BOTW is so friendly to each other.
>Make dying clothes less of a bitch by choosing more than one color.
>Master Sword unbreakable.
>More trick weapons like magic shields.
>Make it so you can backflip and dodge with an arrow. I fucking hate trying to shoot lynels without the ability to backflip.
>Ride every type of animal, can capture them in the stable.
>Increase the swim speed.

She's talking about mt. Lanayru

Zelda doesn't do end games unless they're forced to like Oracles. They should have put in NG+ at least. WW did that. What are the odds the DLC story is post-game?

Only if you can reverse it/disable it.

I don't want to be punished for exploring.

>entire game is a timed mission

Yeah, they want enemies to serve multiple roles but even if you fight a bow-wielding thunder lizalfos differently to a spear wielding black lizalfos at the end of the day it's fighting lizards.

It makes sense that bokos/moblins/lizalfos are found everywhere because they actively make camps, but you should still be finding giant spiders and deadly plants in the foresty biomes and giant lizards in the fiery areas etc.

Any musical instrument, just so you can learn how to play songs. I don't even need any magical songs, being able to play music in a game is it's own reward.

>2017
>still playing the game

>lol u slip in the rain

Literally, LITERALLY, why was this added into the game? All it does it make me afk till rain ends or just waste time.

I really thought we'd get the Whip from SS as a weapon type.

In fact, more weapon types should be in the sequel and flesh out the movesets of them more. Give me whips and gauntlets, at least. Maybe hammers as well.

Also, give me back the hookshot. Please.

The Wind waker or Ocarina of Time.

Being able to play the song of storms or change the wind direction, or play the sun's song, would come in handy a lot.

>>Master Sword unbreakable
A-user…

If the sequel is a successor to BotW it needs to make every area truly unique with every town comprehensively detailed. Ditch the experiment with shrines and the beast dungeons but keep physics based puzzles. Keep the idea of "items" being weapons and never let the bow become a traditional item that you have to unlock in a dungeon ever again Also make more enemies like Lynels, make enemies way more aggressive, give enemies with bows a melee weapon and give link more moves with the sword like TP.

I liked how they just experimented with everything about zelda and the BotW foundation is very good, but they have a lot to improve until it's actually close to a true 10/10

You can still climb, just time it.

Ravioli will help

2 divine beasts and 70 shrines in and I'm starting to lose my buzz

I would have liked a main story quest that guides you around the map a bit more. It seemed to be making nice progression with the plateau > shrines > kakariko > hateno route. Then all of the sudden it basically tells you to fuck off and make your own adventure. The lack of direction really kills my motivation for some reason

>What are the odds the DLC story is post-game?
>DLC includes things like a "cave of trials" and a "New dungeon"

Almost certainly? Cave of trials for post-game and new dungeon for a story mode.

My guess is he didn't have bombs that could beat flameblight's second phase

I'd like to see more traditional Zelda dungeons, and more of them for the next one. It would also be nice to have a more complex story than Go shove a sword up Ganon's taint.

They could use the same engine for all I care, though I would like them to tweak it a bit for the Switch to stick to a 30fps target. 60fps would be better, but I won't hold my breath.

>Master Sword has run out of energy.
guess I can't use the legendary 30 attack rating sword in 5 mins.

Agreed.

It would have been fine if they gave me new side stuff to do, but it's been the same shit as well.

Damn, son, just climb for a few steps, jump, and BAM, progress. Or climb under shade. Or make a campfire and wait until night/noon. Or find other ways to get where you want to be. or...

How about you turn around and explore somewhere else? Or try to find a gentler incline? Or actually upgrade your stamina so you can climb in the rain reliably? I rarely find walls that I straight up can't climb because of rain. Rain just forces you to look for different paths and puts some thought into the climbing once you reach a certain stamina threshold. It makes stamina foods actually useful and makes climbing interesting once you have 3 wheels.

It's just classic shounen jobber stuff. I'm guessing they don't have flurry rush, can't backflip, got sneak attacked, and only had their one weapon which broke. That seems a bit more believable.

>>Race war story between races since every one in BOTW is so friendly to each other.
With modern Sup Forumstard sentiments so common among gamers? Fuck no.

Although I did have an interesting idea for a storyline where a bunch of Zora, Rito, Gorons, Gerudo, and maybe Yiga join together and try to kill Hylians because they're understandably pissed about Hylians being the goddess' chosen people. I'd be mad too if I knew the goddess favored one specific race over the others. Hylia is literally a racist. Fucking cunt.

You have four dungeons to complete and a final boss. It's pretty guided if you want it to be.

Flameblight took me until Daruk told me to throw a bomb.

I didn't even remotely understand what to do. I tried:

>ping ponging the fire ball
>shooting the fire ball
>ice arrowing everything
>time stopping him to let the fireball grow and explode on him
>time stopping the debris flying into his vacuum (shoulda thought about a bomb at this point) to hit it at him
>shooting him in blue form
>time stopping him in blue form
>getting blue flame arrows to hit him

It might have been because I took a break after getting to the beast (where you use bombs to shoot the cannon) and doing the dungeon, but I totally fucking forgot the area even unsed bombs.

>walking along
>start to hear faint sounds of an accordion in the distance

post yfw

If you play it all in one go, you get burnt out pretty fast

But then again I have 100+ hours clocked in a week and still want to play more so...

80+ hours into the game and this is the first time I've run into this kind of korok puzzle.

>I'd like to see more traditional Zelda dungeons, and more of them for the next one
I loved BotW but I really did miss traditional Zelda dungeons. I'd like to see them come back eventually.

>2 handed ninjabois

Holy fuck why are they so strong? What am I meant to do with his anime shockwave underground attack? If I run at him he slices me for all my hp.

Same. I was planning on 100%ing it until I learned about the 9000000 korok seeds, and I've given up on finishing all of the sidequests. For every interesting sidequest, there are 20 fetch quests and that kind of killed that for me. Starting to burn out now, but I only have 15 shrines to go and I can't in good conscience beat Ganon without a green tunic.

>I was planning on 100%ing it until I learned about the 9000000 korok seeds
Reminder.

Once you know that it's just shrines and korok puzzles around the entire map with little variation it starts to lose the excitement. It's a shame because I feel like the first 15 or so hours was legitimately perfect but after the first beast you start to feel the repetitiveness and it starts to feel more and more disappointing as the game goes on.

I've seen a bunch of those. It's a ball and a chain and you use magnesis right?

what korok are you most proud of finding

>incorporate shrine puzzles into the world itself

This is done all over the damn place.
The song's Kass sings, the 3 labyrinth ruins, the dark island, the cast away island, the Lost Woods, The 7 heroines of the Gerudo, the shack up in the mountains between the lake and the desert, the doors in the Herba region, ect.

I just discovered the puzzles where you have to knock boulders down a hill. I thought the rocks were just there if you like smacking them for no reason. Someone also mentioned something about korok puzzles involving 3 apple trees, but I can't figure out how to get the fucker to appear.

I don't remember anything about Gorons or any other race having bad relationships asides from everyone hating Hylians.

Those just as easily could be accessed from the beginning or well before the end of the game though, depending on what the plot is and how it connects to the main plot.

Make the apples all the same on all three trees.

Was that really hard?

Make the fruits on the trees match

Spinner, but actually suited to traveling at least in some sort of terrain. Or maybe even as a prize for an advanced shield surfing course

Anything at the top of what wouldn't be intended to get to in any other game. The top of Zora's domain fish statue, a flagpole in Hyrule castle, etc.

THOSE ARE KOROK PUZZLES?????????

Anyone else a bit worried they won't be able to top Zelda's character in the next one?

I buy arrows whenever I'm in town. Still end up running out frequently.

I tried that. Guess I fucked it up somehow.

The one in the shrine
You know that shrine

I was so happy

>asides from everyone hating Hylians.
Where was this stated?

They're buffed for the hideout, wish they stayed that way once they show up in the overworld. Keep your distance.

Love the physics and all the interactions, needs to stay for sure. Love the almost 100% optional story, love all the goofy characters (just got to the great deku tree and I think the koroks might kill me with their cuteness), love the korok puzzles/mini games and shrines littered all over the world providing something to do other than walk around and fight crap, these are all things western open world games lack and things that Nintendo knocked out of the park.

Next time around we need at least adjusted if not removed weapon durability and we need a better inventory system, those are the only game play changes I think I necessary.

Mostly the next game will need a dramatic change in setting/presentation to keep it fresh I think.

I think I understand now why everyone is so impressed with this game and I'm not....

>Hookshot would be pretty useful for getting around easy, in combination with the climbing.

You forgot battle. Imagine being able to hookshot a Lynel's shield, pull yourself towards it, let go before hitting and shield surf/glide around behind him in a circle.

I really wish that you could make an elixir out of geckos to climb better/not slip in the rain

I don't understand. I don't think any of the dark world stuff was time-sensitive in MP2

By making her not so much of a cunt, justified as it is

What? I am talking about when they show up in the overworld.

I liked skwyard slut better

You're too smart for it.

>give link more moves with the sword like TP.
This would be a good way to let people feel like they're getting stronger while keeping durability etc. Have the player learn new moves as rewards that they can use with specific weapon categories. Stuff like "do X against a downed enemy" (Ending Blow with sword, Guillotine with axes etc) or "unsheathe near an unaware opponent" (Mortal Draw for swords) or even "do a shield deflect near an enemy" (Shield Attack). Then you can have stronger enemies that justify using strong gear and special attacks.

yea i had no idea you were supposed to magnetize the thunderblight stakes. they looked like they were made of stone. then again they worked as lightning rods so i guess i should have known theyd be metal.

If you install this shit to a usb use a good one or you will lose your save after like a week and have to start over.

Aside from the jewelry and upgrading said jewelry, is there any use for the gems? can I safely sell them