Yandere Simulator Thread

Let us have a thread and discussion about this game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eW8h8lQJlM4
youtube.com/watch?v=PCL5tyLNkWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pissy, faggot, crybaby dev.

youtube.com/watch?v=eW8h8lQJlM4
Sure

The game that isn't being made?

Game that has no potential with the same dev """team""" and will never get anywhere with this lead """developer"""

You guys are mean.

>tfw you will never get paid over $3000 a month just for a messy line of code spaghetti that probably didn't even work well

ikr that's why we real yandere simulator loyal fans gamer moved to >>>/reddit/ ;)

The threads always give me motivation to work better on my game.

Still pissed off that I don't make 3k from idiots per month but oh well.

Thanks for the redpill kek

We need to talk about programming and how certain things are not acceptable

SKOOL CHILDREN

I knew about the stolen asset thing but the rest, holy shit

>yan-day-ray dev
>the maker of yan-day-ray simulator

Fuck off EvaXephon.

>Yaan-deer-ay

How do we end this man.

What game? For the last several years, Yandere Simulator has been a blog where idiots pay a jew $66,000 a year to whine about how he gets too much email.

he's doing it himself, just wait.

youtube.com/watch?v=PCL5tyLNkWI
I'm more amused that there are copycats of this

Did you set up a patreon? It seems pretty easy to get those sweet patreon bucks

everything ive seen about this game has been a kekfest

i bet you it will never be finished

There is no point in setting up a patreon, I'm not planning to make a meme game. If you don't have a meme game patreon is useless.

So what you're saying is that you didn't even try but you're still mad someone else is doing it better than you?

>not planning to make a long-con meme shit means you're not even trying
hi YandereDev

Never said I never tried. Only said that there is no point in having that page if you aren't planning to make a meme game.

He's making 66k a year for this.
The project's been going on for 3 years. That's $198,000 dollars he's made off maybe five weeks of actual work. And all of it is profit because you know he hasn't actually done jack-shit for his '''''''game''''''' with any of that money.

All he has to do is keep procrastinating for another 4 years and he'll have enough to retire.

fug

Memes aside was this game ever good?

Good ideas - but Akiratrip's fucking Katawa Yandere quest thread actually 'did' more.

>I'm more amused that there are copycats of this

Someone post the other Russian copy cat that created all of Yandere Sim currently in like 3 days and is now making a full game

Why does he say he spends some of his time with friends. I have a hard time believing this guy has friends. If he does then I'm somehow more pathetic than EvaXephon.

He will get punched the in jewnose of he steps foot at an east coast anime con. Screencap this.

>eva so slow on making his original game not one but TWO projects like it already ahead of him!

He has, or at least had a girlfriend within the last year.

Jesus, this guy is fucking human cancer. Does he have no sense of responsibility or shame? I don't think I could accept that amount of money and not work on what I was being paid for, the guilt would kill me. This guy accepts the money and then spits on the faces of the people that gave him that money by streaming himself playing games instead of working on the project.

Do it. Start your own patreon after you get a picture of yourself pissing on his jewface and I will fucking pay you for it.

Top quality redpill.

how can one man be so ugly? I mean jesus

He tries playing the victim so much, god damn. The dude never knows how to admit to his faults and never admits he's wrong, he just plays victim and pushes the blame onto others.

>lolicon = pedophilia!
>oh no, school children killing each other, this game should be banned!
this youtuber is american, I'm guessing?

>the autist actually commented on the video

KEK

>Fate/Katawa mash up
Noice

Why the fuck doesn't he say "yandere" properly?

>"Just email me and tell me what you'd like to know"

This should include the time where yanderedev posted on Sup Forums saying that when the skullgirls programmer called his code shit, instead of taking the feedback and using it to improve his methods, he took it personally and developed a personal hatred for the guy who dared suggest his code had issues

as a software dev this makes me physically sick

I know nothing about programming. Explain why it's so horrible

>chaining "if/else if/else if/else if" together is absolutely disgusting
>comparing the value of a text field to see if things are what he wants rather than using a data type that's actually meant for quick comparisons like an enum

All of the this. and (float) are allegedly because it's decompiled code but that doesn't excuse the flow of logic. Typically in programming you should never have a function that's too long to fit in the screen at once - so functions larger than ~50 lines max should be split up into smaller things. This is a 2600 line function, which alone is quite literally 5-10 the size that entire classes usually should be

what does it matter?

Shit like this can lead to shit performance, which I believe yanderesim does suffer from

It is also unreadable as fuck, which is a huge issue if
>literally anyone else has to touch your code (they do)
>you don't look at your code for a couple months and forget how it works (you will)

For whatever reason tinybuild have decided to do yanderedev's bidding now, and a large part of that will be completely redoing things from scratch because the code yanderedev himself made is hacky, unreadable and unexpandable

I'm >incredibly long if/else
>could cut this up into
>inputUpdate();
>logicUpdate();
>movementUpdate();
>graphicsUpdate();
>the menus are a mess, should be dynamically handled , for example:
>in input update
>this.currently = menu;
>in logic update
>switch( this.currently ) { case menu: menuUpdate(); }
>in menuUpdate()
>[lits of menus possible, their inputs, functions it'll run]
>this.doMenuAction(currentInputs[currentMenu][currentInput]);
>1 line to run specific function instead of 20 if/else

also what said
functions are 50/100 lines max
more if it's really neccessary, but generally you want to write functions you can reuse based on parameters
>write code once
>use 99999 times
>code is still incredibly simple
>all bugs have to be fixed once instead of 99999 times

>are allegedly because it's decompiled code
Those are lies. If you go and decompile the code from Subnautica for example you will get the original syntax, not some (float) (int) (w/e) shit.

Was subnautica made in unity?

Yes, and the code is cleaner than anything Eva can ever dream of doing.

Long code is a bitch to maintain properly.

The menu code should be handled in an entirely separate menu class
Many of these things need to be completely separate classes

typecasts don't really slow down the program.
infinite checks do
if your code can do the same action in 1 line or in 500 lines, which one will you go with?

>If you go and decompile the code from Subnautica for example you will get the original syntax, not some (float) (int) (w/e) shit.
what the fuck are you guys smoking
decompiled code is usually unreadable, not to mention the function names are not human-readable, same with variables
if/else is converted to switch statements in most languages for performance

in other words: you're full of shit and never seen decompiled code
also it's impossible to decompile into code directly, you have to go through assembly

my 50k project seems to disagree
my longest single file had 5k lines, it was a single class handling database logic

he writes it in unity, so c#, creating a separate class is incredibly simple and he's just completely retarded for not doing so
literally
>core.cs
>menu.cs

>class core { private menu = new menu(); }
>now we have a menu class in the core
he's just really really really fucking terrible at code

oh, and I'm willing to bet 60% of my shekels that the game is running like shit because he doesn't know how to do asynchronous operations
>even though C# has them built in

>decompiled code is usually unreadable
Any code I decompile with Visual Studio is perfectly readable.

I do not know how decompiling works or if there is a rule on encyption, but I've never had issues reading decompiled code.

>if/else is converted to switch statements in most languages for performance
How does this work when the if/else statements compare completely different variables and aren't just "if i == 0 else if i == 1" etc?

the kiwi game looked better

>10 years later
>game still not released

oh, it's like overgrowth

LULZ

what encryption
what are you on about
binaries are not encrypted

you were reading source code.
so the thing that people wrote.
not the decompiled code.

difference:
>source
>1:1 what person wrote

>decompiles
>person wrote X
>compiled into exe
>code was then disassembled via program into assembly instructions from machine code
>put back together into source code that'll do the actions but does not reassemble the original 1:1

switch ( x ) {
case 20:
case 15:
case 5:
print("x is 20, 15 or 5");
}
same rule more or less

But I'm talking about the event where one if statement is (x == 0 && canJump) while the next is else if (y == 5 && canShoot)
I don't see how that can be put into a switch easily

>if/else is converted to switch statements in most languages for performance
A fucking shame it doesn't for C# as it seems

Things I am looking forward to in life:
>the copycats get finished and are better games
>his 13 year old fanbase grows up

>this was all an elaborate ruse to get on the twitch streaming gravy train.
Think about it. All the fag ever wanted to do in life is be a big streamer. From shilling his site back then and now shilling his channel in his videos. With tinybuild doing the work for him, he can use his position as an ideas guy so he could sit all day playing vidya.

>yfw tinybuild get sick of his shit, kick him off the project and cancel the game
has yanderedev explained the contract details? Who has the IP rights?
There was a point not a week before he announced the partnership where he spoke as if a company who made the game for him getting 50% of the profit was unreasonable (which is disgusting considering the amount of people that 50% has to be distributed between), did he discuss any of those details?

Which copycats are there?

>nothing about YandereDev anonymously defending himself in Sup Forums threads

So judging from the code what the fuck is his background? It's like he tries to badly write Java, while dismissing everything about OOP paradigms and fucks up basic asynchronous operations you could find in beginner c# tutorials. Is he self-taught? Dropped out?
How?????

Ironic weebs must be gassed.

This dev guy seems like a retard in everything he does. He literally is the "Idea guy" who's just trying to get other people to pay him and finish work for him, while trying look like he's doing a lot of work.

>So judging from the code what the fuck is his background?

NEETdev I assume. He claims he has worked on 5 console and 5 mobile games with an unnamed company though.

He's going to go crazy when his former role model's next game is super successful.

this for example. Also there are quite a bit of Yandere Sim clones on android

>by emailing me any other things beside volunteering you're sabotaging the game
>lol such a dumb video hahah I can explain everything but email me so angry haters would not gang up on me hahah :)

Itt

(you)