Name one reason you're not playing it beyond "muh origin"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OM1fWsabvqw
youtu.be/eElnZsQt6xg
youtube.com/watch?v=FIvWJmq1HBI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tonefall 2: Revenge of the Tones

idgaf

Waiting for the new map atm, live fire was a waste of dev time and resources.
Git gud

Origin. Also
>playing CoD in 2017
>giving EA any money
toppest of my keks.

but i am

It's ugly, and the action doesn't appeal to me.

I was just playing it tonight. CTF is still a wasteland. I put Attrition, LTS, CTF, and LF in my playlist and all came up except CTF :(

Huge ass backlog

God I can't imagine how dead it is nowadays

I heard it's dead, and I don't see a point in playing any multiplayer game that isn't overwatch.

I don't consider it a worthwhile purchase when the australian PC servers are empty

>Doesn't play anything like COD, high level gameplay is flying around faster than anything even the COD games that copied it try
>Origin prevents valve from having a monopoly on AAA game clients which can literally only be good if you're a consumer regardless of your feelings on EA's treatment of developers
>Not letting Respawn make good games

try again friend

The game is going to die before I even get to gen 10

poor maps, terrible balance, bad design choices and a lack post release support. The game had a healthy player base at release, even on PC. It bled players like crazy because the MP is a mess with little long term appeal.

I think it's a neat game, and I've somewhat got the hang of slidehopping. But I still can't get positive K;D ratios reliably. I always get outgunned because my aim is shit, or someone just parkours halfway across the map at sanic speeds and jumps through the window/doorway I just passed and fucks me up without me being able to react.

That's why I think it's fun to play around with every now and then, but it gets frustrating really quick (for me).

titanfall is console trash
no, before you reply, let me stop you right there: the fact that it is on pc doesn't mean it's not console trash. the mechanics of the game are consolized nonsense and it doesn't even remotely feel like a proper PC shooter. mechs are also an unnecessary crutch for shitty players, if you want mechs then play a battletech game.

i just dont care to play it.

dont even care that its on origin. never actually saw that as being a problem in the first place. its not like i have origin constantly open.

muh dead pc community.

muh origin

>Plenty of projectile weapons
>Movement system that rewards going as quickly as possible and being able to aim freely and quickly
>plenty of guns have essentially perfect hipfire

Explain what you mean by "consolized" exactly

only one or two gamemodes get played and I hate the concept of titans

they created a really fun movement system and then force you to get in a slow clunky piece of shit if you want to win

Scorcher is the best Titan.

Becuase I just got my internet bacj and Im rusty
Fun though

I expected a mix of close quarter and large scale combat.

With the AI's running around, I would've expected a multi phase objective game mode desu.

This.
You also do everything available within hours of playing.

Or you can just play pilots vs pilots?

Muh origin

>>Origin prevents valve from having a monopoly on AAA game clients which can literally only be good if you're a consumer regardless of your feelings on EA's treatment of developers

When will people not be stupid?
stop repeating shit people told you and form your own opinion, think long and hard.

Nothing wrong with a monopoly based on merit.
they are simply better than anything that tries to compete with them.

>You also do everything available within hours of playing
i can't imagine how you would feel about older games like quake or unreal where everything is unlocked from the get go. Do you just instantly uninstall it because there are no unlocks or progression?

Titans really aren't that hard to get around if you know the map, even the best players generally seem less aware using them

>stop repeating shit people told you
lmoa
A monopoly is always bad because a monopoly if not immediately bad can BECOME bad on the whim of whoever's in charge. Look at Valve's recent history and tell me that it's completely impossible for them to force a change on users that they don't like only for them to shrug and go "lol, only game in town"

Origin isn't a bad client. If you hate EA management that's fine, but there's nothing wrong with Origin anymore.

>there's nothing wrong with Origin anymore.
except the part where it has EA games on it, which are not worth playing, meaning having Origin installed is pointless.

>not Northstar
You hear that ringing in your ear, son?

Because I've pretty much stopped playing FPS shooters, playing the same thing over and over again gets tiresome

Wait, you fuckers don't play with Ion?
Are you actually telling me you don't enjoy zapping fuckers halfway across the map with your laser beam?
Are you seriously telling me you don't enjoy being capable of both sniping fuckers from far away, and being able to fuck close range encounters in the ass thanks to your alt-fire?

Come on now.

I'm not interested.

Origin is absolute shit. It's cancer that I don't want on my computer.

A lot more people would've bought titanfall if it wasn't released right between 2 AAA blockbuster titles and it didn't require origin cancer to play it. The best thing they could possibly do for the game is get it the fuck off origin.

I would literally buy a second copy if it was available through GoG or steam and throw my origin version into the fucking trashheap.

All the projectiles are satisfying as fuck to use, it's amazing.

I beat the single player but I'm too old to be good at the super fast multi. Still a good game though, I'm just too shit for it with my old man reflexes.

Its a very underrated game desu

FPS's are for toddlers.

Because ever since the Live Fire patch my ping went from nil to 300+ every match.
Literally unplayable now. No clue what happened.

I got the game this past week and I've been enjoying it so far, I even made some videos:

youtu.be/OM1fWsabvqw

youtu.be/eElnZsQt6xg

That said, it's got issues:
Multiplayer honestly feels shallow and even a bit too fast paced. I'm not even sure how it could be fixed, really. I like the fast, but it doesn't feel entirely right. I really don't know how to describe it specifically, but the multiplayer seems to lose appeal pretty quickly even though it's fun. It just... lacks something. Overarching strategy? TTK is too low? I have no idea but something is missing. Also I really don't like how enemies are highlighted in bright red the second they enter your field of view. That's real fucking casual and it offends me.

Customization options could really use some work, too. I didn't expect player appearances to be class locked, and I furthermore didn't expect the only cosmetic customization option to be camos. There's no room for different kinds of armor to wear, there's not even any Titan armor cosmetics except the Prime DLC. You can't be a human with phase dash or a robot with A-wall. I don't even understand why they did it like this when you can't even tell what class someone is because you or they are dead within 3 seconds of seeing blurs of each other. There isn't any TIME to strategize about classes. You'll know what class they are when they use their ability, and frankly that's good enough.

Overall I give the game a 7.5/10. They need to refine multiplayer so it's more engaging, less casualized, with fewer frustrating/random deaths. Feels like they catered to casuals too much. A little more effort to get kills would be nice - Like a 10-20% increase in TTK with more ammo for the automatics/hitscans to compensate. Also weapon swaps are way too slow. Run out on the main and you're usually dead before the pistol gets out.

Anyways, still having fun.

Your reflexes don't meaningfully diminish until you're in your 60's.

I was playing it a bit yesterday and there were like 1500 players online. Queue times were too long.

It's a shame since I love the game.

No option for static crosshairs.

I don't like multiplayer shooters.

Got nerfed, still good, but not as much as a mindless destroyer as it was

>EA
>Origin
>First one looked like garbage

mod

Apparently it's illegal now and you get banned.

Tell me more.

>Doesn't play anything like COD

Yeah it does. I mean there's nothing wrong with that though. But I am not interested in those kinds of fps games anymore.

The game modes I like take 30 minutes before another single player shows up in the queue, who eventually leaves and puts the count back down to 0

Everyone wants to play fucking attrition, the most boring game mode in existence.

>Your reflexes don't meaningfully diminish until you're in your 60's.

30. But to most people this is negligible and not noticeable until much later in life. For people who play high skill ceiling/apm games like melee, fightan games, RTS like broodwar, afps/zfps, dota it starts to effect them much earlier, roughly about 30/40. Arguably even earlier in some cases.

Scorcher is a beast when you learn to trap other Titans with a fire wall & trap combo.

COD is actually very fast nowadays

Crap netcode, as shown by Battle(non)sense
The movement is fine but gunfire and damage is slower than every other shooter on the market excluding games like H1Z1.

Was waiting for a fix but it seems to have never arrived. Respawn are just too cucked by EA it seems, not sure if they're actually happy with their arrangement or not seeing as when asked about improving the game technically (better tickrates, host own dedicated servers etc.) you just get really meek, vague responses like fucking Jeff Keplan worked for them.

Confined areas and chokepoints. But he's not so good out in the open.

I honestly think Northstar's the current Titan king.

>FPS doesn't play like Quake
>thus it plays like COD
You're a special kind of retard aren't you

WTF with their prices? Their DLC is cost more than a game itself in my region, that fucking stupid.
And yes Titanfall is best CoDlike game for now on the marked and maybe in history, only arena shooters had this verticality and speed.

The game definitely plays like CoD. It's the low TTK that does it.

It's a gameplay decision so that even shit players can still get kills here and there, but I think it was a fucking awful choice.

It's boring and feels unsatisfying to play, getting kills is too easy even with meme projectile weapons, the sound and the aesthetic feels very generic, matches are rarely close one team usually just stomps the other, going fast alone does not carry the entire experience /tfg/ probably hypes that shit up because it's the only compelling mechanic the game has going for it. I'm only gen 3 and the game is plain boring to me at this point.

Go to /tfg/, there is a crosshair mod for every weapon so you get stable crosshairs instead of expanding shit.

Respawn just said they were against it, but there was no purge whatsoever yet, and they have no way to know either

I AM playing the game, and I don't need to use Origin since I'm playing the superior version with way more population.

I absolutely adore Scorch, thermal shielding niggas into the next life never gets old. However, he's practically useless in open maps, and any Northstar player with half a brain will stay at skirmish range until you're dead or his buddies get you.

Then there's the fact that decent pilots will just play rooftops and dodge the slow ass thermites.

these webms always trigger me
>look at how much time i spent up building a skill that is entirely unapplicable to the rest of the game because maps aren't designed for rocketjumping down extremely long hallways

Not enough content. I got to generation 6 but there's just not enough variety in weapons or perks.

Jesus fucking christ this better be bait you fucking faggot.

Origin

It won't load up for whatever reason. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still won't work

Man you should've seen the first game then if you think there's not enough variety in this game. But I do agree a bit, the second set of perks are all pretty useless except for stealth boots. That's pretty much all anyone uses.

R6: Siege already fulfils all my multiplayer needs.

Dead game. Shit hit detection. Source game that takes up almost fifty gigs of space. There, have three.

Origin, lost my account like three years ago and can't be assed to reclaim it.

I honestly think the game could be crazy fun if the TTK were extended a fair bit and the health regen speed massively reduced or removed.

Pilots jetting around the map chasing the shit out of each other. None of this 200ms TTK bullshit. Make people WORK for their fucking kills.

The game is all about the momentum, though. You're supposed to be able to merc people as they're going lightning speed without stopping, it's not supposed to be focused on 1v1s.

>Playing a AAA $60 title in 2017
>From EA

why do people think low TTK is bad or something? quake is based on extremely low TTK to the point where 1 rocket direct hit is instant death if they are not armored. one of the most popular modes in unreal tournament was instagib.

low TTK only sucks if the game mechanics are also shit, pic related

increasing TTK doesn't make the game focused on 1vs1

I agree that it needs a low TTK by the nature of the high speed movement in the game, but where it is right now doesn't feel right. It's the kind of low TTK that fits casualfests and that's what the game feels like. Shallow, easy to get bored of it. There's not much challenge in the kills themselves, and if you play with people who know what they're doing you literally just pubstomp the entire day.

I want long TTK i play Overwatch, if i want fast paced fun with grapple i will play Titanfall 2.

>EA Games and any game published by them

I've always liked games that are easy to get into but hard to master, personally. Maybe that's why I like it so much- getting a few kills is easy, but flying across the map gatting everyone with hipfire takes some doing while still being really enjoyable.

Low TTK only exists to let bad players get kills. It's severe casualization.

Too high TTK is similar. You have to strike a middle ground and it depends on the kind of game whether it fits or not. Titanfall's is too low.

This image is nullified by Counter Strike. No Ironsights, still have to stop to shoot

>there was a reddit vs tfg

Please tell me there was a youtube link.

>shooting without iron sights is too inaccurate to be feasible
>while aimed both players standing still
>the duel is decided by who started shooting first
If you applied this logic to even Call of Duty of all things and played like that's how it works you'd get absolutely shitstomped by people jumping around and sliding with laser sights on their guns. Even in older CoD games you'd get killed by people strafing and aiming for headshots using attachments designed explicitly to prevent what you describe from happening, in other words weapon attachments that don't slow you down for aiming in or holding aim. It really only applies to games like Battlefield.

> muh jumpshots

>Low TTK only exists to let bad players get kills
ok

youtube.com/watch?v=FIvWJmq1HBI

>Low TTK only exists to let bad players get kills. It's severe casualization.
What a load of crap. I didn't recall seeing turd of such size.

>have to stop to shoot in CS
no you don't, maybe in CS:GO you do but things like the mp5 and suppressed m4 exist for a reason

That argument is a "severe casualization."

Titanfall pilot gameplay is 100% about clever movement. If you know your routes, you can cross the map really, really quick. With that at your disposal if you get cut off and ambushed, it's your own damn fault.

i couldn't even get a match in ctf which is is the best game mode for tf

>70 hours in
>The game is still great but it's missing something
>Start using the EPG for fun and giggle
>HOLY SHIT IT'S PERFECT

I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN WITH THIS FUCKING GUN
It kinda makes me miss Tribes, and how everyone should have a projectile weapon.

Also, I'm the only one thinking they should have ditched the ADS ?

>'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN WITH THIS FUCKING GUN
shut the fuck up

I'll pick it up when I purchase a current gen console

>low TTK
Just use EPG, Kraber, Coldwar etc. The game is full of weapons which kill instantly, I feel like you've just watched sine guy with R-201 play and thought that that was the game.

ADS isn't completely necessary like it is in most games and if you're playing the fun way (jumping around at high speed) it does't slow you down, either

I don't really mind it because it gives the game a nice hybridized feel between FAST shooters of old and the arcadey stuff IW used to make.

>Titanfall pilot gameplay is 100% about clever movement.
You spelled "camping with the devotion" wrong.

This happens all the time
check the general

I played it a ton when I first got it, but right now I just don't feel like playing any games.

>Titanfall pilot gameplay is 100% about clever movement
and is 100% about who sees who first
and muscle memory
who cares