Games Sup Forums was wrong about

ITT: Times you were duped into believing a game was bad because of Sup Forums when it really wasn't

pic related, nothing wrong with it other than a bit too much "muh strong wymyn" shit

Writing is god awful, there are barely any characters that are any good, railroads you into a single ending no matter which of the many reactive paths you choose. You can't even properly roleplaying being loyal to Kyros and are forced to play the errand bitch boy for one of the badly written factions (or be with the psht nothing personell edgelord)

>railroads you into a single ending

O shit I didn't know that

Serves me right for speaking too soon I guess

>t. moron

The only thing remotely correct about that post is the ending bit and that's only because they are going to release Tyranny 2

The difficulty falls apart as soon as ACT 1 ends, it turns into brainless easy mode.

It might not have been highest quality, but I enjoyed the premise of being the underlord lackey and mediating between faction.
The epilogue dropped the ball so hard it reached Earth molten core though.

The biggest issue with Tyranny is how abruptly and awkwardly it ends. Everything else is from good to great.

What I'm liking about it so far is that is that I'm being rewarded for scaring my companions as much as I am for making them love me, and the companion co-op skills are amazingly useful. Since you've played the game all the way through how would you say the role-plying elements stack up in comparison to F:NV? Because if it's in the ballpark of F:NV I imagine I will like it overall by the end.

This also.
And half of the companions are fucking trash. But hey Lantry and Barik are cool and Verse is alright. No need to even interact with the other three freaks, so it wasn't a problem for me.

It's like they've set up this brilliant world, got you hooked in with spires and becoming an Archon and everything and then bam it's over. They really should have made a final chapter way longer with you consolidating your power while waiting for the inevitable onslaught of Kyros' armies (then double time it to make a sequel)

An ending which also makes you feel like this was all merely a prologue, a 40bucks prologue.

What's as satisfying as it is unnerving is that their will not be any dlc because of the abyssmal sells this game made

It's not as diverse and open-ended like F:NV, but that wasn't the point. Tyranny lets you be the bad guy and that's where it really shines. Humiliate weaklings, punish fools, crave for more power, put your ambition before anything and anyone else and...
The game ends. On the most intense part.

Yeah

Tyranny was kinda crappy.

5.5/10

combat is a nightmare and makes the game completely unplayable how did they go from pillars to this garbage

Also I'd like to point out that Tyranny has probably one of the best prologue sequences in rpgs if not ever.
>there's some problem with rebels, go deliver a message
>ok
>two greatest generals are fighting each other over some petty shit
>declare the edict that kills everyone if problem isn't solved in a week
>mfw
This was epic as fuck, god damn it. Also some dialogue options there are really something else.

>there's some problem with rebels, go deliver a message

You are literally told you are explicitly there to issue Kyros' edict from the opening cutscene...

There was no dramatic reveal.

I wish Obsidian would stop doing these faction meme games, it was interesting in New Vegas but it's getting old.

Yes it wasn't, but didn't you just stop there for a second and try to contemplate what's going on? This is brilliant idea to introduce the player to the setting, just shove him right in and bam you will die in a week among with thousands of your buddies and some of the most influential characters in the world.
It's perfect

>faction meme games

Yeah factions totally aren't characteristic of CRPGs or anything. It's not like every board game and video game has included them

>that's only because they are going to release Tyranny 2

As great a game tyranny is, that's unlikely. So far it's been a financial failure. Paradox is hoping the game can make up for it with long term sales but so far it's no pillars. This is coming from someone who bought the $45 steam version on release week, hope my pc fellows can prove me wrong because this game's premise was a breath of fresh air.

It's funny though because I'm sure all the publishers that rejected tyanny's pitch must be laughing at obsidian & paradox on their way to the bank with their it prints money AAA game sales.

Dumb phoneposters really are killing Sup Forums

I couldn't play more than 2 hours of this game. It just made me want to replay pillars of eternity. It feels like poe was a bit more fleshed out. It is disappointing since they showed the fact that they can develop a good game in this genre

It was just Dragon Age 2 all over again. Game with a great seed in it that just didn't come to fruition due to lack of money,time, and inexperience.

You can hate Balance man all you want but i bet he would not allowed such stupid shit as acceptable homosexuality in times of war, lazy anarchy route or not allowing to change you "path" mid mission.

Barik is only cool as long as you choose his side (and thus side with Graven Ashe). If you go any other route he turns into a petulant child.

Sirin was ok though, and I don't think Sup Forums gives Ebb a fair chance just because she's the token feminist in the party, but she's pretty entertaining apart from that.

Writing was bad
Story was bad
Railroaded into one ending because fuck your choices
Combat was really boring
There was only one not so bad party member (Lantry)
Only one fucking dungeon

I was meme'd into buying for honor, worst game iv'e bought in years.

Why didn't you play the open beta?

I was going to buy it as well, but I quickly changed my mind during the open beta.