How's your game coming along? New thread

How's your game coming along? New thread.
>"Winners code, losers copypaste" Edition.

Cont. from

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCtQPCnbIB7SP_gM1Xtv8bDQ/playlists
youtube.com/watch?v=yZg6CV4E4Co
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=851820772
2dwillneverdie.com/tutorial/vector-to-pixel-building-your-sprites-in-adobe-illustrator
youtube.com/watch?v=rtGT9_C6tV0
youtu.be/qcvc3G5Fcj8
dataorienteddesign.com/dodmain/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLda3VoSoc_TR7X7wfblBGiRz-bvhKpGkS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm currently following the C# + Unity tutorials of this guy. I hope it's useful for somebody:
youtube.com/channel/UCtQPCnbIB7SP_gM1Xtv8bDQ/playlists

How do I make my own engine?

Thank you my dude

You are welcome, user. Just be sure to make a good game, and add lots of lolis in my honour.

You start from "hello world!"

if you have to ask you probably are not cut out for the job
save yourself the headaches and just pick an existing engine

I'll finish the new trailer, today, eventually.

old one:

youtube.com/watch?v=yZg6CV4E4Co

so please drop me a vote, will ya?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=851820772

Love this meme

but I will finish it!

I finished the game, I finished the other trailers, I finished the graphics overhaul

I am the finish man!

I had lost all passion in game devs.
I will never finish a single project and will die a kissless virgin,
save me the troubles and kill me now.

>I will never finish a single project
>save me the troubles and kill me now
so incompetent he can't do anything himself

I like how the /vg/ thread is so shit that we've just started sliding back into Sup Forums generals.

God damn I'm dumb, wrong tab.

Why are you already looking up Unity tutorials when you don't even know how to create the 3D assets?

What the fuck is wrong with /agdg/?

Is it now shitpost central? I think it's the worst genera on /vg/ now.

How necessary is IK Rigging for 3D animation in video games?

agdg threads in general seem to be getting more and more shitposters looking to Le Epic troll.

Still just animating.

Working on crawling animations for this right now. Hate doing those.

If you have to ask, you can't do it.

Very important. If you have a rig it should take less than five minutes to create IK for it. Why would you not want to use IK?

updating and adding new curses and spells

I'm close to having all my mechanics done and have a demo almost ready

How do I shill it and get enough attention for a kikestarter? It would be nice to be able to dev full time instead of being a wageslave just so I have enough money to eat

How long would it take to make a decent 3D engine?

Probably reddit desu

4 days at most

You should have a tumblr/twitter and post your most interesting looking progress in it, and learn to use hashtags and interact with other people.

It's probably too late though if your game is almost done already, but in future.

I'm falling for the 2D pixel art meme.

are you doing these animations manually or with motion capture? and is it hard?

Love the art style, looks fucking amazing, but what kind of game is this?

I'll share this with you.
2dwillneverdie.com/tutorial/vector-to-pixel-building-your-sprites-in-adobe-illustrator

Depending on what kind of game he's been making he could easily shill it by releasing the demo and other teasers, then just make the full game by writing more story / stages. Mechanics are the annoing part.

Hand keyed, no motion capture. Difficulty is relative to your skill set.

>pardon the old/bad firing animation

>and is it hard?
Animation is always hard.

Wtf, are you joking?

This looks like MoH.

turn-based semi-random visual novel with rpg elements
or a card game.

here's a gameplay vid of the older version made by kotaku
youtube.com/watch?v=rtGT9_C6tV0

Then why are you using Unity? It's not a good engine for 2D games and you're better off with GMS or Godot.

pretty cool

>kotaku
kill me

look up "butt stroke". right now your fighting animation makes no sense , if that's what it is.

game mockup unsized since the /vg/ thread is full of autism

working on some backgrounds now.

youtu.be/qcvc3G5Fcj8

Why aren't you using Modo?

What the fuck kind of backward logic is this

Because I unfortunately learned on Blender and am too busy with client work to switch to a better program.

What are your degrees? How are you guys able to pull off modeling, animation, game design, programming, music, writing etc. by yourselves?

There is just so much shit to work on, and you can never be a master of all.

Game development is primarily comprised of two things: art and programming. What's the point of programming if you don't have visual assets to program?

WOW. That's eye opening. THANKS DUDE.

>not Houdini

How much geometry on the gun?

Anyone using GameMaker 2? How is it? Should I upgrade?

>What are your degrees? How are you guys able to pull off modeling, animation, game design, programming, music, writing etc. by yourselves?
dude they're videogames and there are tutorials out there

/agdg/ only wanted to memepost.
they truly are the worst place one could go to

would you consider a walk cycle for a humanoid 3d model hard to do by hand?

Not sure, I don't make the models. But the MP7 (and this MP5 as well) is for a mobile game so I'd assume it's relatively low.

Not entirely. Same thing as first person, just more bones.

>yeah but what can i improve
Short answer; add more shit

Long answer; try to think of what the location and it's history is. Who lived there, what was it there for, what happened, why is it in ruins? How long ago has it been there, what would happen over time, have there been other forms of life (e.g. plants)? You can come up with a lot of interesting ideas that way and make it more believable. It can also help you guide your level design.

Right now that looks like a storage room of failed pillars and walls, and a floor built by some unfinished neural network.

You can make a game with placeholder/programmer graphics and get an artist later on. Or you can use placeholders while you also learn how to asset by yourself on the side. Or you can do Unity tutorials on the side while learning to make assets is your main task. There are numerous approaches.

Telling yourself "I won't do X until I've gotten good at Y" is a surefire way to find yourself in the nodev trap. I won't program anything until I'm great at graphics! Oops, now I've spent 2-3 years learning art fundamentals, 2D graphics, 3D modelling and I still haven't learned to program pong. Oh but I now I know how to art, I shouldn't start the programming until I've learned to compose! Music is important after all. Etc. etc. Ad nauseum.

But of course I suspect you know all that and are intentionally trying to shitpost people into nodeving.

that's more of a just showing what i can add kind of thing

so what i'm hearing is you like plants and trees, do you have any examples i can look at

Anyone like to work on reviving old dead MMOs? I have a few I've been working on a bit at various stages. This one is a really old dead MMO I've been fucking around with a bit.

You didn't really understand the question.

you asked what our degrees are

i said you don't need degrees because they're videogames you autist

One man army is a meme, mostly.

I'm working in a team with two other people besides myself. All three of us are programmers, I do the graphics, one of the other guys does sound/music and me and the sound/music guy collaborate on the overall game/level design while the third guy is basically our hardcore techie and tester.

One man armies rarely succeed. Even if you're doing the bulk of the work and you think you can handle that (protip: you probably can't), I kind of feel like you need a second person on-board just to keep you sane. Obviously if they can take the load off for the creative duties like 3D modelling, that's good too

We remade our quest system from scratch and are almost finished with it. Then basic gameplay is done, will add graphics next. First alpha is in two weeks.

FFXIV:ARR suffered the same fate

I have mixed feelings because I still don't think generals belong on Sup Forums. On the other hand I look at AAAshit and I'm forced to hope that midrange indie is the future, so clearly Sup Forums needs to give as much support to budding devs as possible

not that any of you actually finish anything, most of you just fuck around and moan like self-defeating bitches

>we've just started sliding back into Sup Forums generals.
I'd argue that there's more devs on Sup Forums that wont touch /agdg/ with a ten foot pole than nodevs in /agdg/

/vg/ in general is the worst. Zelda general is all waifu-posting, Sonic general is mini-Sup Forums with zero game discussion, aggy daggy is a bunch of self-entitled shits who think they're the fucking tits even though they spend all their time nodeving or crying about how they're never gonna make it.

Those are the only generals I've really checked out over there and they put me off for good.

OP here. The previous threads lasted more than a day, and we filled around 10 pages with comments.

Let's keep doing it. Share you progress and experience, ask for help, and the most important, never surrender.

Use gamemaker

Please don't make these daily. Once or twice per week is good.
We don't need or want another agdg. And we don't want these threads deleted because they are becoming generals.

this
irregular frequency is crucial for these threads

Communication and multimedia designer, I'm a graphic designer with minimal webdev knowledge, and some knowledge of every other visual medium. Take baby steps. I'm working through pixelarting, /ic/ books, and music theory at the same time. Slow progress, but the keyword is progress. No thinking, just doing.

It's like /agdg/ but without shitposting and circlejerking. On a good day.

Every minute you spend overthinking about how overwhelming gamedev is, is a minute you're not spending deving (or learning how to dev).

That's how I look at it.

>It's like /agdg/ but without shitposting and circlejerking

The key to not having shitposting and circlejerking is not having the threads every single day. Keep it to like once every 3 days minimum, that's enough time to let people make some progress and not have the threads stagnate into shitposting and circlejerking

>What are your degrees?
i dropped out of middleschool
>How are you guys able to pull off modeling, animation, game design, programming, music, writing etc. by yourselves?
what else is there to do with all this time?
>There is just so much shit to work on, and you can never be a master of all
you sound like a bitchbaby

>Keep it to like once every 3 days minimum, that's enough time to let people make some progress

this is key

CoD came out 14 years ago!

Fuck off idiot, you belong in /agdg/

I got a meme degree in computer animation(3d modeling/animating/rendering). Gave me some programming knowledge but most of it is self taught same as drawing.

For writing used to ERP for 10 years every day and reading books. Went from writing out a couple sentences to being able to shitpool pages of text on demand and cutting out bad writing fat. Though the key to this like a lot of things is developing good taste over time so you aren't writing your super donut OC naruto story. So that means studying people that better than you.

Music get someone else to do it.

where is
you are
game?

Really useful!! Thanks user.

Fuck off back to your general, idiot. This thread doesn't need your shitposting.

How tacticool is my untextured little girl, anons?

5 years later it's still almost nothing

How important is it to weight paint your character rigs? Or do you let the automatic process do all the work?

Rotate the camera to allow us to see her panties, and it's done.

Good work, user!

Is this Akira?

I fucking love Akira and 90s-80s anime in general

I gotchu, user.

Weight painting is what determines whether or not your model's arms get cut off when they take a sip of tea.

A reminder that, if you cannot make your own game engine and you rely on managed memory programming languages (such as C#, Java, etc) you are not gonna make it. Great games requires thinking out of the box and full power of your computer, and you cannot obtain neither of those by using unity or GMS

kino

dataorienteddesign.com/dodmain/

>Most people come at data-oriented design from object-oriented design, and have heard of it only because of people claiming that object-oriented design is bad, or wrong, or simply not the only way of doing things. This may be the case for large scale software, and though object-oriented code does have its place (as we shall discuss in chapter [*]), it has been the cause of much wasted time and effort during its relatively short life in our passionate industry of software development and games development in particular.

holy shit it reminds me Talisman board game

patrician taste

>tfw want to learn to program and everything to make games
>tfw would be motivated as fuck to do it
>tfw no creativity and can't come up with any ideas for my own game
Suffering

Copy someone else, find a game you like, think how you'd do it better.

Just choose a genre, look for the most used tropes and give them a twist. Most masterpieces did that.

You should work for me, I'm a great ideas guy.
I'll give you twenty percent.

Start with this:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLda3VoSoc_TR7X7wfblBGiRz-bvhKpGkS