Pillars of Eternity thread

Who is best companion and why is it Eder?
Did you like the game?
What would you improve/want in Deadfire?
Discuss

Why can't I get into this game? Is it because I lack IQ points?

Nah, it's a wholly mediocre game.

Best companion - Durance, Eder is a boring POS.

Didn't like the game much.

Improve everything.

I want voiced Mel companion.

Not every game is for everyone user, just play something you can get into.

Best companion - Itumaak. Can solo fucking everything plus comes with a bonus archer.

Focus testing's getting pretty lazy these days.

Got my own castle, that was pretty cool.

Plot completely failed to hook me, haven't launched it after that.

Obsidian has to be the worst dev in the industry at the moment, thank god Paradox went with Cyanide for Werewolf.

Well it's your taste user, everyone praises Underrail and i hated it.

>RPG "fans"

>Best companion - Durance, Eder is a boring POS.
Fuck Durance he's a dick, Eder is total bro.
Give him a gun and just wait.
It's high noon

>defensive mindweb

cipher is goat

The top 3 are Durance, Zahua and Edér. Best backstory personal quests and chatter.

age of decadence, underrail and expeditions:conquistador are masterpieces. fuck obsidian.

even numenera is better.

Eder's story had a fucking unsatisfying ending tho

>Zahua

dude xd

>even numenera is better
Let's not get fucking crazy

Intentional. It's a feature, not a bug.

Durance.

I'm going to play tyranny

>age of decadence, underrail and expeditions:conquistador are masterpieces
why i hate all of those then.

>even numenera is better.
now i just know you are baiting

Age of Decadence is trash and you calling it a masterpiece nullifies any valor your taste might have otherwise had.

>cipher is goat
Can't wait for multiclassing in Deadfire. I'm hoping it'll let me play a melee-focused Cipher like I always wanted.

>age of decadence
>masterpiece
Let's be real, user. AoD is nowhere near a fucking masterpiece.

It's your time you're wasting, buddy. And money, if you pay them.

it has better character models, that's enough for me.

(okay, pillars is better because avellone wrote two characters but it's horrendous in every other way).

it's the best one of the lot and its choice/consequence is a thing of marvel. also dungeon rats, its spinoff is the best tactics game released on PC since jagged alliance 2.

speaking of tyranny, im just about to start playing it. anyone got any advice?

Stop equating Age of Decadence with actual good games like Underrail and Conquistador. AoD is garbage.

>this one is the worst game ever, these others are masterpieces
>autistic screeching

>mfw they're all just decent games

>le age of decadence is good meme

i just could not get into the story. everything else other than the main plot was enough to hold me in without droping it.

>it has better character models
that's purely your opinion

Every character but Lantry sucks. Remember you can just go against everyone if you feel like it. Game is trash.

Grieving Mother ain't nothing special, she's easily on the lower half of the companions in Pillars.

Pillars' companions are actually pretty damn good on average.

no, it's a fact both in amount of details and animation quality. i'm not saying they're good, obsidian nu-games have the worst art direction i've ever seen in an rpg and i've played shadowrun.

Only after T:ToN debacle was I able to appreciate how good PoE actually is, now I can't wait for Deathfire.

ye i didn't like her, all she was about was MUH BABIES, WE MUST PROTECT MUH BABIES.
fuck her

ok user

i like the fact that we are going to have a boat in Deadfire.

yeah, a render piece on top of (((((moving)))) water, amazing stuff.

do you have to whine about everything

why do you accuse me of whining because i'm not eating up the pigswill you serve you disgusting piece of shit retard?

triggered much

Probably that time of the month.

It was impressive how shit the companions in PoE were. How shit the game was in general for that matter.

Eder was pure meh, the only decent companion was the crazy priest, or w/e he was.

>It was impressive how shit the companions in PoE were. How shit the game was in general for that matter.
if this was shit then what game would YOU recommend, smartass

The castle was sucked, and was lazy over all.

Rather than have some kind of base for different character types they went the lazy route and made just one.

What if I don't want some faggot magical castle for my warrior/knight/whatever roleplay? Oh that's too bad anyways I gotta talk to faggot ghosts and shit.

>biggest criticism of the game: loredumps
>favorite companion: durance, the loredump grandmaster
kek

>faggot ghosts
interesting

>>biggest criticism of the game: loredumps

reading is hard :(

user, none of those games are good.

Especially Expeditions. Not defending Obsidian, mind.

because someone complains about loredump characters doesn't mean they don't know how to read or find it hard
usually it's the opposite

What's the most fun/active frontline class? I just finished a playthrough of the BG trilogy and towards the end i got a little bored of just right clicking to kill things.

i liked Monk, strong and needs some wound management

PoE was a mediocre piece of shit and anyone who likes it literally has no taste

most micromanagement is stealth/backstab rogue
in terms of writing, zahua >>>>>>>

FO1&2, Arcanum, JA2, Planescape, Baldur's Gate1&2

Similar games anyway, this genre is dead and it'll never be good again.

ok user, i completely trust your superior taste

fuck you're right I should uninstall...

>FO1&2, Arcanum, JA2, Planescape, Baldur's Gate1&2
oh wow look at all those games i played 2 billion times to the point of masochism

To be fair, it is when the source material is boring and tedious.

Did you try The Ultimate achievement?
Shit seems impossible, i don't even know how to do triple crown

>wasting that much of your life on that piece of shit

That's sad.

Not an argument faggotron

Tried the game several times,just couldnt get into it.Hate the combat system with passion,though the story was cool

you can do anything by just stacking food, hookers, and rest on top of your minmax stats to reach the magical defense score that will make you immune to an attack no matter the roll. It's just extremely boring and tedious, I only play flavor builds myself

>Not an argument faggotron
Old games are played to death, recommend something new, nigglet

>Hate the combat system with passion

I wonder who even thought that nonsense was a good system

>it's a kids cant into rtwp episode and want turn based or real time

rtwp isnt a system it's a game type. Dont like rtwp games dont play rtwp games, easy! Scrubs

fuck you guise, RTwP is patrician system

this
i wish turn based fags would just fuck off
there's millions of turn based games out there being releaed, fuck off.

Is best some secret codeword for "most generic character conceived in fiction?" That guy was the most unremarkable companion in this shitfest of a game.

i like you user, recommend me something new

by what logic

>i wish people would quit shitting on my terrible system

Even 7.62 and it's wonky real time pause system is superior to this trash.

Why did obsidian make understated npcs with poignant end slides and quests that end in tragedy or painful realisation? Did they expect adults to play this game? Thankfully there is zahua the dude weed lmao to lighten things up

Overall i liked killing everyone but didnt finish the game, some fights were too hard and I refuse to pause fuck that shit

>by what logic
turn based is shit for casual babbies

I dont even mind RTwP,but the thing Pillars but in is just horrible and messy.It becomes a shitfest when fighting more than 5 things,cant even remember how many times my characters moved instead of just attacking and dont even get me started on the a.i.

>some fights were too hard and I refuse to pause fuck that shit
casul

unlike shitposting in pillars of eternity threads for years

You refuse to pause? That's... Impressive, I suppose.

t. gotta go fast autist

>i prefer 2 hour-long slow as fuck encounters

If you think it's just a handful of anons constantly shitposting in your PoE threads through the years you're delusional. But hey, you wasted 500 hours of your life on PoE so that's not out of the realm of possibility.

>you wasted 500 hours of your life on PoE
you can't waste time if you enjoy something

BG1 is genuinely a bad game that only gets included in any list by sheer proximity to its sequel
Gameplay is terrible even by genre standard, setting is the least interesting location in the worst D&D related universe, characters are bland, story is mediocre at best and about halfway through you've run out of interesting locations and quests.
Anyone recommending it is doing the entire rpg genre disservice

>oh fuck they're discussing that game I don't like again
>stop it guys this game is shit

see you in the next thread

Prob because RtwP is cancer

I'm the only one who can drive that tanka.

have you at least played BG2 for as long or like NWN2, there are so many good games user why?

are you another casual loser who prefers his turns?

>have you at least played BG2 for as long or like NWN2, there are so many good games user why?
they are old and everyone played them to the point of vomit. Give me something new

>muh nostalgia

how embarassing. those games are not better than pillars

durr

i guess you are

i wish i could, tough all i was saying is that 500 hours is too much for a mediocre game, especially with better ones out

>especially with better ones out
which ones?
you just said
>i wish i could

>500 hours is too much for a game I don't like

actual user with the 500h here

I like RTWP. No game does RTWP as well and as modernly as PoE does. The number crunching and mechanics are solid as fuck. I can make a million different flavor builds in my head and test them against crazy fights because the game has a shitton of content. It feels extremely rewarding to win a fight on pure decision making alone instead of min maxing or using broken mechanics like BG.
And I'm the first to admit the game has big flaws. Especially in the polish of the main story that could have used a couple more rewrites, but also many other things

>the "I visit RPGCodex" starter pack

i have high hopes for Deadfire, it bet it will improve a lot

I just want my copy of poe1 that I forked out for on fig
How much fucking longer are these cunts going to keep me waiting