Is this the end of Gearbox and Randy Pitchford?

Is this the end of Gearbox and Randy Pitchford?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/PUwPC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He can always bounce back, after all he's poker buddies with Gaben

>a collectors edition of a remaster nobody wanted in the first place
Randy what the fuck are you doing

crashing this company

Have Gearbox made anything even halfway decent besides Borderlands? They are the very definition of "one hit wonder"

The only decent game they made was Opposing Force.
That's it.
Homeworld Remastered was nice, but that's not a new game. Borderlands is cancer.

I thought Bulletstorm was with Epic Games.

Opposing Forces

Well Brothers in Arms has been alright at points.

So you're saying Epic outsourced this to Gearbox?

I'm just glad they didn't make that shitty brothers in arms game with tree borderlands style art design. You can see what they were going for with battleborne as one of the characters was ported over.

BAIN?

It was published by epic, but developed and owned by people can fly.
No, people can fly thankfully own the ip.

what's wrong with g2a?

Go check the page.
Then tell me with a straight face there's nothing at all fishy about it.

Why would you work a deal with G2A? I dont get it

>caring what total fatcunt has to say
Dude sceptical British man with regional accent xDDDD

Selling stolen Steam keys.

Been buying my games from G2A for three years now and i have never had any problems.

Where do all the memes about G2A being a scam come from?

Why wouldn't one scammer work with another?

It's a cdkey site.

I've bought about 20 games from there.
As long as you stick to sellers with high scores and a lot of sales it's okay, kinda like how ebay works.
Plus, if you pay with paypal, you can just ask an inmediate refund.
In fact, some people just buy with paypal and ask a refund anyway.

why hasn't anybody posted her myriad nudes yet

They're scamming the devs, not you.

And now they are apparently in the protection racket business as well

Not really getting the full gestalt here, why is he disappointed about that?

Maybe Gearbox. I'm pretty use Pitchford funneled enough funds into his personal account(s) to live out the rest of his days comfortably.

Apparently some sellers there sell keys which where bought with stolen credit cards.
I can't imagine that this would be a vast majority, though.

LOL

gearbox is giving steam keys to a third party site. on this site you will pay less than the steam price, and just enter the code on steam. supposedly gearbox makes more from this than they would from a steam sale where valve takes roughly 30%.

Why are they wasting server dollars when very few people are playing battleborn?

Why would anyone in their right mind make a deal with G2A when everyone knows about their shady business practices.

And before someone says "if they give them legit keys they'll stop selling stolen ones", some devs already tried that and got screwed because G2A doesn't give a fuck.

>after 5 years TB has finally caught on to Baneposting
Took him long enough.

Which one is morally better: pirating or using CDkey sites?

>morally better
Such thing does not exist you adorable female human

They sold a season pass so they're forced to create content and keep the server alive.
That being said I don't know why it's not F2P yet.

why isn't this guy dead yet

His other Tweets for context.

>and Jim "Jim Sterling" Sterling
o i am laffin

G2a doesn't sell directly sell the keys, they have users who do.

Chargebacks from stolen CDkeys actually affect the developer.

>morally better
Who gives a shit, we are talking about fucking videogames, i'll do whatever lets me play games as cheap as possible.

well because they're intermediaries, it's not their fault of someone is selling stolen keys, they can at least mark which sellers are reputable

>calling out g2s as key launderers

WEW

is he literally perfect

you're not the one being scammed

>Jim "Jim Sterling" Sterling

You'd think that someone would inform the authorities if G2A was doing something illegal or criminally negligent. They've been bitching about this for years, shit or get off the pot.

>he fell for the relative morality meme
I bet you defend abortion too you philosophically bankrupt mongoloid

I have no idea if I am supposed to that that top to bottom or bottom to top.
Twitter confuses me.

I guess we should sue ebay because a seller might be selling something he stole

>WOW YOU PIRATE GAMES THAT MEANS YOU KILL BABIES
We are talking about videogames, nobody gives a fuck about morality regarding a goddamn game.
Seriously, who cares.

The law is decades behind the times on regulations concerning digital marketplaces.
Just because what they're doing is technically legal doesn't make it right.

I doubt it, most people but triple a shit from g2a not indie games. The only major case I can remember was that shit punch club game were g2a was even willing to help get the stolen keys off the market place but the punch club dev refused to give them any info.

You read from the bottom to the top due to the retarded way Twitter works.

i dunno.......

$5 each? That's still too much.

You need to have some sort of brain damage to use and navigate the interface of Twitter, much like Reddit.
The fact that you're confused just means that you are a well adjusted, normal human bean.

oh noes i have to invalidate a key and generate another
fuck off

imgur.com/gallery/PUwPC

>case of 30
has this happened with any other game?

>No stock limitations
>No transport costs
>No storage costs

As far as I can see those are the problems with the digital market, and all of those can be worked around by the publisher. If they made sure to region lock their games and limit stock during sales the issues with resellers would pretty much disappear.

That's not what I meant retard.

>When a chargeback occurs on purchase of a $40 game, we lose both the $40 from the canceled sale, and take a $30 penalty. So at a hundred fraudulent purchases, that’s $3,000 lost; $30,000 if there are 1000 keys stolen.

Seems legit!

>steal someone's credit card info
>buy a fuckton of keys
>sell them to g2a because they don't ask where you got them
>???
>profit
And then when the person who's card you stole initiates a chargeback it's the developer who has to pay them back. The thief and g2a lose nothing.
Literal fucking money laundering.

Have you ever been on G2A? You simply buy the key for the region you want to activate it in.
Limiting stock during sales makes no sense, they are trying to shift as many copies as possible. On what basis do you limit it? First come first serve? Then the bots still get just as many as they want because they'll use scripts, similar to the way scalpers work for tickets

>clip

I really love that, even if their platform is still used, Valve is losing at least a bit of their monopoly status. Their value proposition has been sliding for years and they haven't had to care because there hasn't been any legitimate challenger.

If I pull that tumour out, will you die?

and Deserts of Kharak was nice, but that wasn't really them at all

Hope a Bulletstorm 2 comes out of this, but even so that'd be PCF

They sponsor my favourite esport team what could be wrong with them

That's the same for any other market place. The difference is that if I put up 500 brand new iPads for $100 eBay knows I'm full of shit, while flipping 2000 keys you got from a Steam sale is completely legitimate. And I've still seen zero evidence that stolen credit cards make up a significant part of their marketplace.

It's fine if they want to sell infinite games for $2.50 to drive interest, but they'll have to accept that it's going to permanently bring the price down because of resellers.

That's why games are such shit anymore

Pirating, it's literally downloading a copy of software for yourself, nobody gets hurt that way.

buying cd keys off websies supports: stealing credit cards, money laundering and protection rackets

with no survivors

Try to unsubscribe from G2A Shield and see how hilariously obtuse the process is

Borderlands was shit
The Half Life spinoff is the only good thing they made

That's what showed.

I bought some Payday 2 mask off G2A, granted the stolen keys shit is wrong but that shouldn't be a reason to completely write off the concept.

It'd be like wanting to nuke Youtube from orbit since the early days of Youtube was watching pirated material on it.

Why the fuck do I need 30 copies for?

Incase there's 30 people you hate

t bh even spotify was a bit overboard similarly, although not as much as g2a.

>Work with G2A
>keys are still 40 euros

Gearbox can't do anything right

>jim "jim sterling" sterling
wew lad

I can't reminisce anyone, whom I hate so much, I'd spend §5 just to make his or her life a little more miserable.

Gearbox knows how to steal money and that's about it. Well, Bitchford's constant lying as well, of course.

The Halo PC port they did back in the day is one of the greatest PC ports of all time.

People with souls you fucking Han Chink shit eating cunt.
Fucking kill yourself

>WOW YOU DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT TRIVIAL SHIT LIKE WHETHER PIRATING A FUCKING VIDEOGAME WILL SEND YOU TO HELL, YOU HAVE NO SOUL

Halo port is okay but not greatest port of all time, there's loads of missing visual things like the Jackal shield degradation as well as some weird shit like locking animations at 30FPS whilst framerate is variable.

why cant i buy a digital version anywhere? even on windows store?

I actually wanted the remaster.
Bulletstorm has the potential to be a very good FPS once you remove the GFWL, the mouse acceleration and expand the FOV.
But what Gearbox is doing with the game can't be forbidden.

G2A partly has gone "legit" they still have a key market. But they have been slowly going more and more legit.

Also these are grey market sites. Its hard to prove the origin of these keys. There isn't any vetting when it comes to the market place. It is actually better for them to work with g2a than not. Baine is really just trying to take a moral highground. But in the end its business.

you mean forgiven? and congrats on being the only person ever to actually want a remaster of this

I was really into Borderlands when it came out. But that really doesn´t have much to do with Gearbox. They were just lucky enough, and clever I guess, to make Diablo with guns. The execution wasn´t really that great, there are more than a few studios that could have pulled it out better. Also if they didn´t make the games cell shaded they would look like shit, because Gearbox can´t model nor animate. So that was another case or either a really smart choice or a lucky guess. At the time it felt novel so it also helped them.

I'm Catholic so I can pirate all I want as long as I confess it before I die.

I played 83 hours of XV and actually liked it, it was an 8/10 but still the worst 3D mainline FF. XV-kun has since then soured my experience with the game so badly that I can't even be bothered to defend it anymore. It's like the autism of the entire Undertale fandom was condensed into one person.

>still crying about g2a

kek

who decides what is right and not then?