Anyone else agree that they fucked up Thousand Needles in Cata?

Anyone else agree that they fucked up Thousand Needles in Cata?

>post-cata azeroth has now been around longer than vanilla

This just made me really sad. Damn

Apart from shimmering flats it was pretty irrelevant.

Oh shit, you're right. Well now I'm just upset Blizzard won't let us have those legacy servers and I have to rely on third party websites and people who are super dedicated

Cataclysm was a top tier fuck up by blizzard in almost every single way.

>Wasting dev time for new zones/dungeons just to fuck up the 7 year's worth of development in old azeroth for people level 1-60

gg faggots

No, people begged for river there since vanilla and it was in top10 that people wanted to see in the ED expack
Of course wotlk kids like you wouldn't understand

I liked the post-cataclysm world better really.

It's trying to communicate

>Play Cata at my friends after not playing in years
>Go to the Barrens
>North Barrens
>South Barrens

Upset me desu

I just want my nostalgic memories back. There are Wrath servers about, so I should probably stop complaining like an ass and play on those for a bit

I really like the feel of never dying too, it adds to my immersion for a stay at home dad like me who only has 2 minutes a day to play with my transgender son :^)

Bottom looks kind of like those x-ray hentai scenes where the uterus is being filled with cum.

Can relate

I never realized how much it resembles a dick.

Yeah I loved farming those fucking scorpions, vultures, and crocs for hours in shimmering flats just for them to drop a single fucking claw or whatever.....

Warcraft was a mistake.

You only died in the previous expansions due to low mana regen so you would be out of mana (or have no self heals as a non-mana user) and fucked if a mob spawned on top of you suddenly

It wasn't difficult it was tedious

Why the fuck did they stick a giant volcano in ashenvale again?

On a tangentially related note, does anybody else wish MMOs had more aquatic content? I love being able to go underwater and swim around and fight.

Ragnarok Online was just walking around on the floor like normal except you're magically underwater. Guild Wars 2 did some things right and some things wrong.

I wish MMOs would quit tip-toeing around having actual aquatic environments in their games.

Go on the street and eat some dog shit if you want experience wotlk again

No. I hated that fucking zone in vanilla and found it pretty interesting post-Cata.

That was the purpose.
Anyone else still sees the dog cock?

It was my favourite zone

benis :DD

You're right, the world felt too dangerous for noobies like me! I have a little bit of social anxiety, so grouping up and making friends to take down lots of mobs was always a hassle... :(. I'm really glad they made the game much more inclusive now! :3 WoW is for everybody!

>go kill a trillion animals and grab shit with huge respawn times.
I can't believe anyone misses shimmering flats.

I like the nice touch with panda avatarfagging.
Had a giggle

>2030 is closer to us than 2000

Wow has turned into a casualised micro managing app game for females

if you played like a pussy, yea.

The game is an exervise in tedium anyway, it's just now the tedium is a different kind of mindless grind.

At least there was a risk before.

One of Ragnaros' grandkids got kicked down the mountain.

Man this image looks like those x-ray hentai creampie scenes where the tip of the dick is touching the entrance of the womb and shooting the cum directly inside the womb.

Most mmo players are mouthbreathing retards who can't adapt to it so you will never get what you want.

>you will never gather the pages of stranglethorn again for that sweet ass exp

Cata in general was a mistake. It was fun for about a month. 1-60 alts were fun to see the new questlines, and endgame required CC and communication.

What became super apparent though was that they fucked up a legacy by drawing a giant shit streak across their map. Destroying the most iconic MMO map just to spice up leveling a bit and add flying? Really fucking dumb idea.

Thanks friend! Want to do some LFR later today? I'm trying to get used to this game... there are so many abilities!! I'm still trying to figure out what this blue bar under my health does though... :3

Disagree. WotLK already fucked everything.

I fucking love x-ray shots.

that's basically what blizzard did to the game

>be me over a decade ago in high school
>buddy bought wow and his older brother has it too
>were all alliance and around level 13
>decide we're going to do deadmines
>sit in lfg chat in SW for 45 minutes looking for 2 more to join us
>fly to Westfall and begin walking to mines
>never been here before, blowing my mind as we start running into elites and meandering through massive mines
>haven't even started instance yet
>spend the next 3 hours wiping and reseting until we finally make it all the way through and find a few pieces of green gear that I hold onto for the next 10 levels
>talk about that time with my buddy for years

>years later beat heroic emerald nightmare and it feels like I'm playing a Michael Bay movie.
>no satisfaction, no stories to tell, no adventure

The pros:
Ulduar, best pvp balance wow has ever seen in s7/s8, greatest hard modes to ever grace the game.

The cons:
Naxx
Malygos
THE OCULUS
VIOLET HOLD
Forgettable zones
"A team" leaves to work on titan after ulduar
Dailies are still gay as fuck (argent tournament)

Ironic shit-posting is still shit-posting.

>best pvp balance wow has ever seen

>A fucking year of ICC
>Cata comes out
>THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT GUYS I PROMISE
>A fucking 1,5 year of whateveritwas I stopped playing

How people still keep playing is beyond me
Then I got goofed to come back to orclords of orcnor because its totally the TBC 2.0 man come join us it will be fun.
It wasnt.

What the fuck. You're right

>years later
That could be the problem. Though WoW also did get gradually more shit.

I'm just becoming the embodiment of everything I despise.

>b-but guys the water zones are fun
>guys seriously play the water zones
>PLAY THE FUCKIN WATER ZONES

>s7/s8 heralded as the most balanced seasons ever by arena junkies
>so popular that it has it's own private server for arena only

stay mad

>I'm still trying to figure out what this blue bar under my health does though
Lmao, is it even possible to deplete your mana anymore?

This kinda shit is the subtle strength of MMO's and making them not bullshit easy themeparks. I played two MMO's in highschool, vanilla WoW and FFXI and they were both fucking filled with moments like this. Just small, regular outings that turned into insane adventures for some basic stuff that you held onto and appreciated.

The sterile design of the genre these days doesn't allow for frustration or danger at all. Those along with grind are integral elements to making payoffs feel worth it. Unfortunately no one has the balls to try and do this anymore. They just want 'accessible' content that dumb fucks can play an hour here and there after their normie jobs.

>my fondest memories with friends are from WoW

come on now, there's no need to get violent!

How does it feel to have inferior taste? I've always wondered what the other side is like.

BLOOD AND THUNDER

>forgetting the fucking dungeon queue

"pvp balance"

nigga you must have alzheimer's if you don't remember Paladins being able to cast exorcism on players at instant cast. There's a fucking reason Blizz fixed that shit within 2 days.

Nobody likes water zones/levels, unless you are aquaman, and since you are not aquaman, that makes you a retard.

>Stamabot prot healer paladins
That was the biggest cancer since resto druids

Has Enhancement Shaman always been this fucking squishy?

>s7/s8

Thanks for replying to my post even if you can't be bothered to read.

Yes. Either kill them with triple winfury proc or die.

they fucked up world of warcraft, nuff said

>Naming your character with puns
>Oprahwindfury

I quit during Argent Tournament, never went back. Kinda sucks I missed ICC but I don't miss all the stories of Cata and how long patches were lasting. MoP seemed cool though

I hated that zone so i was very glad when they flooded it hehe

>Travel around the world half of each year for work and hobby
>Can buy anything I want, from the best available gaming rig to luxury car
>Nothing is enjoyable, everything is shit
>Vanilla Wow was the most enjoyable period of my life by far, I would literally trade everything I have to experience it once more.

Just fuck my shit up.

Well, this is either fake as fuck, or you are some kinda supreme retard.

i like that the game got more anti social as i grew up a anti social neet faglord too haha

You didn't miss too much. ICC was alright, but not for as long as it stayed around.

Cata was pretty cool at launch because the endgame had some challenge to it, but they nerfed that pretty quick and on the whole it added a ton of cancer like LFR and fucking over all of Azeroth.

MoP was actually pretty decent, but I'll never get over the talent fuckery. Still cool thematically and the content was alright.

I've tried to play WoD and Legion, but both have sucked so fucking badly that I've dropped them within a couple months. It's fucking dogshit phone game level now.

I just started playing WoW again after two years. Is playing a hunter as braindead as it seems? All of my abilities are gone.

I have like three attacks now and the rest of my shit is buffs.

It's not just hunters, it's basically every damn class. It's sad.

That's about the same time I quit. My guild was trying to kill Anub'arak, and I was just so tired. I miss vanilla and BC a lot though, I would go back in a heartbeat.

Why are people so infatuated with Thousand Needles?
I always thought it was a fucking shitty zone.

I'm honestly the same way, famalam. I can pretty much buy most things I could ever want finally, and all I really want is shit that doesn't exist anymore. Mainly periods of my life and stuff. MMO's in their height, early 2000's internet, that one gf I had who was cool with anal all the time etc.

Those little villages on top of the pillars were pretty cool. It was a pretty unique zone idea, sad to see they killed it.

This can't be

They fucked up everything in cata

Daily reminder that warriors no longer have stances LMFAO

Tried some private servers but they're always in fuckin Europe and run like a beat up car. Legacy servers will never happen. I'll never get to play vanilla again.

I fucking love being cummed inside.

Wait really?
Fuck, I mained warrior since vanilla, good thing I bailed at WoD when you didnt need to change stances anyway because it was too hard apparently.

Welp, at least I don't have to worry about Black Manta.

But do you have a vagina and a womb to be cummed inside of
And can I do it to you

>Called Warcraft
>You're not the Horseman of War, constantly creating conflict everywhere to preserve the Balance of the Universe with the other Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Pestilence creates Famine, Famine Creates War, and all three create Death, and Death causes them all. They are the Apocalypse, we are the victims, and our worlds are their playgrounds.

Rest in Pieces, mortals.

You don't need a shield to reflect spells either llululululululul also threat is removed from the game

Yes, Healers and Arcane Mages come to mind.

There is nothing left, mate. Not like the gameplay was ever good, but everything that made the classes special is gone. Stances, Auras and Seals, Totems, Shapeshifting, all gone or gutted.

>threat is removed from the game
what

>threat is removed from the game
That's not entirely true, hunters still fucking leave their pet growl on.

I hate THQ for giving us Darksiders, only to shit the bed and go bankrupt during development of Darksiders 2. Nordic just isn't capable of making the other three games.

I disagree.

Thousand Needles was a boring zone, the only part of which I remember is that you had to go to Shimmering Flats on every character to do the turtle, scorpion, buzzard and basilisk quests for easy exp, which I always did while listening to trance on last.fm.

Edgy.

It's still rampant in dungeons and raids. They use to argue but now days when you call them out it's silent and they keep pulling.

The thumbnail made me think this was one of those diagrams of a dick blowing its load in something.

>2012 was 78 years ago

Only time I've had that happen is when they're from a BR server like Ragnaros. Those guys are literally fucking retarded.

Threat is literally one button. One taunt will override any threat and keep it that way indefinitely.

Healers and DPS can never ever pull aggro, a tank's auto swing pulls more threat