Is the Wii U going to be remembered as anything more than an embarrassing failure...

Is the Wii U going to be remembered as anything more than an embarrassing failure? Every good game on it is coming to the Switch.

no

go back to tumblr faggot

Honest question: Would a Switch have been possible in 2012? Something as powerful as the Wii?

I think it will be remembered as an experiment that didn't meet expectations. The idea for the wiiu pad, having a touch screen on your controller, was an interesting idea, but it wasn't really used to great effect in too many games. Off the top of my head, only games like splatoon and wonderful 101 used it for more than an inventory screen or static map (splatoon used it as a map, but it was interactive as far as choosing where to jump to).

I would really like if the ported the Platinum games. Wonderful 101 is better played with the touchscreen, but it wasn't impossible to play with the right stick either.

I own a Wii U and it makes me angry that Nintendo is porting every game to Switch. Splatoon on Wii U is basically unplayable now thanks to hackers, but they don't give a fuck. They could fix it but they won't because they're too lazy and just want to focus on Splatoon 2.
Fuck them. The only people who bought a Wii U were long time fans and now they're just flipping us the middle finger.

It has Mario Maker and Tropical Freeze

They can't port Mario Maker it isn't going to work, you'll only be able to build with it off the dock

The Wii U is the Switch but good.

Going with the SU analogy: at least the Wii U doesn't get corrupted and blow up.

Zelda and MK8 are the only good games on the Wii U?

someone explain to me why two 100% identical products can have such a huge difference in sales

Normies don't look into specs or features. How is is that 2, 100% identical products can sell so differently.

Surely there is more to the business thing than quality, games, and hardware

>They can't port Mario Maker it isn't going to work, you'll only be able to build with it off the dock
There's already games which demand use of the touch screen, this is completely viable.

>They can't port Mario Maker it isn't going to work, you'll only be able to build with it off the dock
There are already games on Switch that can only be played in tablet mode. One of them is a japanese rhythm game. They could definitely port Mario Maker if they wanted.
Also why the fuck wouldn't they port Tropical Freeze? It literally doesn't use the gamepad

He didn't even put anything on the hook

Yes they are.
>inb4 b-b-but it has STAR FOX ZERO!!! PAPER MARIO COLOR SPLASH!!! WAAAHHH!!

Marketing

Splatoon is good but it's on the Switch so it's irrelevant. Smash will be on the Switch too. Do people actually call Color Splash good?

I think you have that backwards
>Do people actually call Color Splash good?
There's a few autists who hang around here and try to defend it but its widely acknowledged that Color Splash is garbage

>steven universe
i mean i hate nintendo but i have that shit more

Marketing and normalfags LOVE Mario and Zelda.
The biggest vidya markets are casuals buying a console for COD and/or the main sport games.
The Wii U failed because the ultra casual bubble of the Wii exploded and Nintendo didn't focused at all for their usual fanbase.

Imagine being this autistic

>normalfags LOVE Mario and Zelda.
Wii U is also the only Nintendo console without its own Zelda and without a 3D Mario.

>self scratching screen
>joy sticks that rub off
>controls that can be put on backwards breaking them
>warping screen from heat
>one poorly optimized mediocre game.
>nintendogs literally on suicide watch
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>imagine having shitty tumblr tier taste in shit cartoons
Very quick response there su autismo go watch your shitty show

>Super Mario 3D World

I said a 3D Mario not a NSMB game.

And that's why it failed.

It will be one of those 'oh yeah, that happened' consoles along with some of segas' machines

nintendo has put out its fair share of stinkers over the years, but most of them didnt breach japanese containment

but it has "3D" in the title

I don't watch TV but the image serves its purpose well. It doesn't matter at all man

And?

Smokey Quartz is PC

rly made me think

Neither does the Switch...?

This.

Wii U is Nintendo's New Gamecube.

The Wii U was confusing. When it was first revealed back in 2011 I remember even here on Sup Forums people were confused about whether or not it was just an add-on to the Wii or a new console. The Switch is a much easier sell since it's an actual portable.

Explain.

Nah, the GameCube actually had decent third party support for most of the sixth gen. Better than the N64 did.

Normies can't tell the difference so

A fat disgusting failure who only wins because she cheats?

>evil all-female empire
>An episode about a literal safespace shown in a very negative light
>A episode about a mutant training because he wants to fight a genetically perfect soldier, but he loses at the end because training isn't magic and superior soldier is just better and the aesop is to accept your natural limits.
>SJW

Ugh I actually like this show but I'd rather this thread just be about bashing the Wii U than discussing Steven Universe

That doesn't even make sense you autist.