Why does he keep losing to Sonic when he's clearly stronger and can easily out-class him?

Why does he keep losing to Sonic when he's clearly stronger and can easily out-class him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MTdrLC3nqhw
youtube.com/watch?v=oHHWVOl_ApY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>spitting image of Sonic
literally who thinks this?

When did Shadow lose to him?
>literally who thinks this?
My cousin who knows nothing past the genesis game went "A black Sonic!" when watching me play through the last story in Heroes

He had to have lost in their final SA2 battle, since Sonic manages to save the day.

At this point, Sonic probably has a lot more experience. I don't know what he would do if Shadow took off his rings though.

If you're going to create an ultimate lifeform why would you make it a anthropomorphic hedgehog?

I always thought they reached end of the road while still fighting and Sonic slam dunked the emerald into the cannon, losing the cannon didn't mean much to Shadow so he could've retreated right there

Why not?

*click-clack*

To be fair the prototype is some sort of blind toothless lizard. Like a salamander or something.

because, we're sonic heroes!

He died and should have stayed dead in SA2

General theory (I think Sonic Battle/Chronicles might have talked about this as well) is that when Gerald was doing his research and learning about how to develop Artificial Chaos and how to design the Master Emerald shrine inside the ARK, he came across this mural from Hidden Palace Zone.

Instead of interpreting it as Super Sonic battling Eggman for the Master Emerald, he misinterpreted it as himself giving birth to the Ultimate Life Form with the help of a Chaos Emerald.

Ivo robotnik based shadows form off of the ancient iblis trigger prophecy tablet images depicting Sonic the hedgehog

Shadow was literally a faker the entire time like Sonic said

>iblis trigger prophecy
pardon?

I think he's insanely confused

He also mistakenly got Gerald and Ivo mixed up

NO MORE GODSNO MORE GRAVES

Yeah i was remembering shit wrong and merged sonic 06 with 3 n knuckles.

Holy fuck how did that happen?

This is called plot armor or convenient writing.

Sonic isn't allowed to lose because he's the main character and protagonist, plus his fanboys would get mad.

In a real no-holds-barred fight without plot armor for either of them Shadow would defeat Sonic with little trouble.

he's not the main character. that's literally the only reason

Something-something Black Doom

I don't even understand it.

Probably because Shadow doesn't care enough to win? He fucks his ass hard in his own game in multiple endings.

Hedgehogs are like asians in the Sonic universe Dey all rook same.

Eh doubt it. Had they bothered to keep Adventures plot going he wouldve only gotten stronger he had control over even a fake emerald by the end of 2

Dumb pink hedgehogs

It's true though, kind of like thinking "Why doesn't goku wish for immortality since earth needs him for fucking ever and he basically isn't allowed to ever die anyway?"

Because reasons.

All their fights in SA2 and Heroes has no implied winners
Shadow wins in the ShTH fights even though Sonic had help from a robot
In Sonic X Shadow loses the final SA2 fight, gets a draw in the Super fight in the metarex saga, one hit kills Sonic when he invades their ship and fucks Super Sonic up with a sneak attack in the last episode
Am i missing any fight?

Chronicles

Sonic Generations where Sonic wins

They might also have a small fight in Sonic Battle, but I think it's implied Shadow was heavily damaged prior to that fight.

Haven't played this game in years but I do remember fighting Shadow. Was it a 1v1 against Sonic, or did Sonic have the other party members helping him?

He could have stayed dead if gohan wasn't a bitch.

A 1v1, Sonic wins.
Also, they fight in Generations.

Fuck gohan

Character is a tool only did what others wanted

>muh scholor life
>muh warrior life

All pushed on him by others yet hes frequently considered the fan favorite. Gohan fans wish every moment was as cool as when he fights Super Buu pre absorption, roid rages on Frieza and Vegeta or kills Cell

Japan has this bizzare belief about being born into being this specific thing and never EVER being anything better no matter what.

The real question is how to go from this to Shadow.

Its true.

Even the stories they love where an underdog has to overcome adversity and ostracization it turns out he was Jesus the whole time.

>naruto

Shadow is canonically faster than sonic, can use weird abilities that sonic can't. also he can shoot sonics face

Sonic is slightly faster, is better at harnessing the power of the Emeralds and seems to be overall more agile and dexterous.

this pissed me off so fucking much as an 8 year old who got way too into SA2B

red and black is a strikingly different colour scheme to creme and blue. they also sound completely different and shadow has fucking air-shoes, he barely even actually runs

how retarded is everyone in GUN anyway?

Sonic has Main Protagonist Armor.
He only loses if it means he can make a comeback and stomp the opposition even harder than if he just won in the first place.

>Sonic is slightly faster
no hes not. in sonic battle they even say shadow is faster because of his shoes

Sonic can use chaos abilities too

>playing sonic and expecting anything to make sense or to have a story
Neck yourself

Isn't Sonic way faster than Shadow normally?

Shadow needs those stupid hover boots of his to move quickly.

>Big ass do nothing lizard
>Needs a life support system trapped to his back just to survive
What's so ultimate about him anyway? What's his purpose?

The only moments we saw Shadow running like normal was when the animation got lazy in Sonic X and forgot to make him skating, his speed was still equal to Sonic in those moments

Sonic holds back a lot in Sonic Battle. In the final battle, he has ten rounds with Emerl in 30 seconds and wins.

And in Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic actually was slightly faster than Shadow.

They never got him working properly.
He was supposed to be 10/10 but he came out defective and they had to move on to Shadow.

The lizard could regenerate and had chaos abilities.

Not much else is known about it i think

>And in Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic actually was slightly faster than Shadow.
haha no he wasn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=MTdrLC3nqhw

he was built for love but he was thrown away and now he can only feel pain.

you realize at the end that sonic will move faster if you're playing shadow. This proves nothing.

GUN, i.e. "Totally Not the U.S. Military".

Its been so long since sonic battle

Emerl is that super robot right? If google is correct that robot is arguably the strongest sonic character.

Does sonic always hold back? Does he only need super sonic form to fly? What gives?

He can't fly without the Chaos Emeralds, no.

Can Sonic outrun death?

He can outrun Outrun guy

Sonic seems to be holding back most of the time. In Colors as well, he never becomes truly serious until the final act, where he's running away as fast as he can.
Super Sonic is a lot stronger than normal though. With it he gets flight, (mostly) invincibility, becomes a lot faster, and can shoot projectiles.

He can't even outrun a black hole. Although he did pretty well for a while.

holy fuck this thread is gold, is this whole franchise a big autism fest for real? i thought you guys were getting meme'd LOL

>implying shadow isn't literally exactly the same as sonic

The sole different thing about them is that one has a different name.

>He had to have lost in their final SA2 battle, since Sonic manages to save the day.

The Eclipse Cannon is not blown up in Shadow the Hedgehog, so that can't be the case. (Unless G.U.N. fixed it after the fact, but why would they do that?) The seven emeralds just jump started Gerald's program immediately.

Don't you have a Shin Godzilla to finish watching?

Your first day on the internet?

one is an edgy piece of shit and the other just thinks he's hot shit

A true ultimate being doesn't need a specific form

>no fun allowed

I'm going to ask you to reconsider your words. Shadow is cool but Sonic is cooler

whether shadow is better or not is never really described in detail
generally shadow doesn't give a fuck about anything and doesn't really hate sonic like your typical vegeta character

Could she beat Shadow?

But Shadow's clearly the coolest though, even he says so
I have no idea how the localization team managed to translate a simple "omoshiroi"
into that

but silver is the best.

Wrong.

She is canonically at least as powerful as Sonic IIRC so maybe.

OFFICIAL COOLEST TIER
Metal Sonic > Shadow > Knuckles > Sonic > Froggy > Silver

Nope. That's just convenient headcannon. Gerald did research into the ancient civilisation, but no game ever references this mural again after S&K

It fits very well though and probably makes more sense than any of Iizuka's writing so most fans agree that's more or less what happened.

Sonic's speed is superior, so clearly he beats him.

How come none of his "friends" ever help out anymore? Both Sonics were getting their asses kicked at first.
Hell, Blaze was probably in possession of the Sol Emeralds considering she dimension hops of her own will nowadays.

because they need sonics help nowadays

youtube.com/watch?v=oHHWVOl_ApY

Because marketing told them to fuck off.

Because you got this Sonic!

When Shadow fights Sonic, he never take off his inhibitor rings

There are murals in SA1 as well. The perfect chaos one explains where he got the idea for the Biolizard.

>no E-123-Omega

This activates my almonds

About a week ago, there was a thread where someone posted "What if Sonic stopped being able to control chaos energy?" and this was mentioned
>Sonic stops being able to control chaos energy
>Starts shooting out chaos spears, sonic wind, chaos blasts, etc. all willy nilly because lmao no control
>G.U.N. hunts him down because he's become dangerous and they need to contain him
>Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles run away while they try to figure out what's wrong with Sonic, visiting all kinds of ancient ruins and shit
>G.U.N. can't catch Sonic
>G.U.N. sends Team Dark to catch him
>Cheesy "Sonic, I'm here to put all of the chaos you've caused under control!"
>They fight
>Shadow has to remove his inhibitor rings to match Sonic
>Sonic and Shadow both Chaos control at the same time, and fight in frozen time
>Shadow lets Sonic go, saying that he (Shadow) is no stranger to chaos energy and how it feels to be a dangerous weapon
>Shadow fakes getting defeated by Sonic and tells G.U.N. that he was no match for the blue hedgehog

It'd make no sense to have both Rouge AND Omega as Sonic's friends when Shadow is still acting as his rival in that game

Rogue has been shown to be friendly with the crew. Omega just views them as meatbags.

Seems okay

I have always see it like this
Power: Shadow > Sonic
Speed: Shadow < Sonic

How about flight?