"Don't play it user. It's a shitty bad game"

You lied to me Sup Forums.

its a shitty RE game if you compare it to 1,2,3,CV

its still playable tho

I'd say it's about on the level of CV.

Still better than 4

It is shit, and I'm my opinion the worse game in the series

I'm not entirely fond of 4 either but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Is this nu-neo Sup Forums?

Definitely on par with CV for the most tedious RE games out there. All RE games are fun, even 6.

The inventory system ruined my interest in this game.

40% of the time you are dickin around pickin shit up one at a time to move it or throwing individual things around to prevent piles.

I get the whole dropping items thing, fine whatever, but no trunk was trash.

It was tedium for the sake of tedium. There is nothing interesting enough in this inventory system to warrant it's existence. It's nothing but an annoyance.

And it gets worse as you progress.

I hate CV and I blame that game fully for turning RE into an arcade disaster that it is today, most people think RE4 is where it turned into action garbage. No, CV is where it started to be insultingly easy arcadey nonsense.

Saying that, there is no fucking way you can say CV is more tedious than the trainwreck that is RE0.

No way in hell. Zero is fucking awful.

No, it's worse than CV.

They're equally bad. Granted for different reasons.

WHY IS THERE NO STORAGE BOX TO PUT YOUR ITEMS IN

I'M LITERALLY LEAVING THEM ALL OVER THE MANSION LOBBY

WHERE THE FUCK DOES THE GAME EXPECT ME TO PUT ALL THIS SHIT

You are playing the game correctly. That is what the game expects most if not all players to do.

Leaving shit all around the floor in a few select "safe" rooms.

It's so bad.

0 has worse gameplay,worse enemies, worse bosses, worse story

Okay.

No, CV is much better. The content is just better, and there's more content overall, and for its time it was a more innovative experience. After the train, everything in RE0 becomes pretty forgettable and sometimes outright annoying, and at the end of the day it's practically a spinoff.

CV is absolute fucking cancerous dogshit (and i didn't even get started on Steve yet). 0 is just boring.

What makes CV nad exactly? i've been hearing this retarded meme for a while and i've yet to hear a reason why this game is so disliked

>and i didn't even get started on Steve yet
You didn't get started on anything.

>shit enemies (Bardersnatch)
>atrocious voice acting, ain't even funny like RE1, just pathetic. A huge decline from 2 and 3.
>silent hill bosses (Nosferatu)
>matrix wesker
>comes with a DVD that retcons everything
>steve
>cancer-tier character switching
>the game may force you to restart more than once at the very end
>horrendous level design
>GOSH BYOOTIFUL

>shit enemies (Bardersnatch)
Never had a problem, what's the issue with them?

>cancer-tier character switching
All RE games have character switching.

Other than that, I mostly agree. However, it has a number of positives, like:

>time of release, making the whole package feel a lot more ambitious and innovative, since it has so much content and varied gameplay instances
>game was pretty challenging
>actually tough area puzzles (one of the only RE games I ever got stuck on more than once)

Meanwhile, RE0's release is so untimely in comparison, and the lack of storage / pathetic dual character system that it is just a far lesser experience overall. If you really think RE0 is better, you didn't play them when they released, or you're blinded by Rebecca being in the game or some shit.

Ah no, sorry user, I told you to ignore the leagues of bum rumbled casuals who couldn't deal with no item box's and play RE0 because it's actually a really good game.

RE0 is honestly underrated as fuck. Better than RE2, better than RE4. Plus it's a gorgeous game too.

I'm completely incapable of making an objective opinion on 0 because it was the first RE game I ever played

>Better than RE2, better than RE4
Rebeccafags, ladies and gentlemen.

>0 equal to CV

Fuck no. 0 is way better than that trash.

CV is the worst RE game by a mile unless you include all the new trash like RE6 and ORC.

CV is the reason we got stupid anime shonen battles in 5. CV had all this gay rivalry crap, all this faggot emo tranny trash with Steve and the Ashfords. Matrix shit with Wesker being brought back as some martial artists.

Plus the graphics look like fucking trash since it's a fucking Dreamcast game. The early 3D looks horrible and I am someone who ussually enjoys early 3D. The texture work in CV is just so bad and a major downgrade compared to 2 or 3. Honestly it even looks worse than RE1's original backgrounds. It's an aesthetic eyesore.

Also gameplay took a step back from RE3's advancements.

RE0 is just got some slight small issues and it otherwise a fantastic game.

Sorry the awesome opening of RE2 can't put up for the lacklustre second half. RE2 gets meh after the police station.

Same for RE4, awesome village, meh to shit tier everything after.

I dunno what it is about Leon games and starting great and ending shit.

Also Jill > Rebecca.

RE0 > RE2 > RE4.

I semi-agree with the notion of CV putting the series in a decline. I don't think it's that it was overly action-oriented in itself (2 and 3 got pretty high octane in a lot of spots) but that it showed that Capcom was seriously out of ideas for that format. Reception steered largely the same direction thus RE4 had to be something very different or there would be no more RE.

That said, RE4 is godlike. So are 2 and REmake. CV is ass. 3's okay but retreads too much of 2. Zero is underrated but not great.

The only way you could have this opinion is if you just didn't play them in order or on release, because your criticisms lack any acknowledgement of timing context.

CV is clearly the better game if you did these things, because it's more innovative and thus it was more impressive and interesting. RE0 was a rehashed experience by the time it came out, it added nothing except for an annoying partner system and a dumber inventory management system. Also had worse bosses. For all the problems CV has, it still manages to be a better game than 0, which has practically no positives.

>The only way you could have this opinion is if you just didn't play them in order or on release

And that's where you are wrong. Because I did.

CV was shit on release day and CVX just made it even more dumb. Shit game, shit fanbase.

RE0 added good things. I know acknowledging them will make you lose you arguement though. So I will list them for you.

Coop system where you can switch between partners, share an inventory and this also gives you some new ways to solve puzzles by splitting up Rebecca and Billy to do different sections.

I know you fucking cucks like to pretend like the partner system wasn't big or good, but it fucking was. I loved it. I felt it really made an impact on the game and I enjoyed it way more than CV. Fuck CV. Fuck that gay little game.

Inventory management in RE0 is fine, there's no problem with it, unless you are a casual that is. I actually really enjoyed RE0's new inventory. CV on the other hand IIRC if you have a certain item in your inventory when the game switches from Claire to Chris, it can break the game because it doesn't auto go into the item box, it never tells you about it either. Shit game desu. I remember people complaining about that one a lot back in the day.

>slaps your ass from across the room and tackles you while you stagger

They were wrong, OP. 0 is one of the best RE games to date, along with 7, REmake, and CVX.

>tfw you get to enjoy every Japanese RE game

RE6 is enjoyable for Mercs No Mercy at least. Its campaign had some fun bits but man was it a slog and got real bad at parts. The chinese meat monster you stuff into the toilet was a real neat idea though.

The partner system was shit. The game is singleplayer first of all which just makes the system make no fucking sense at all. The AI sucks and it's just a hassle to have to manage another character in real-time like that.

>Inventory management in RE0 is fine
Having to drop your items instead of using a storage box is retarded and makes you backtrack as much as CV did, except not due to its complicated level design (which is sometimes a GOOD thing in CV) but because of an unnecessary change to the game formula. Boring, pointless addition. I don't play RE to simulate inventory management. This is why I thought RE4's inventory was retarded, too. THE GAME SHOULD NOT MAKE YOU SPEND MORE TIME ON THE FUCKING INVENTORY SCREEN. It should work to make you spend LESS TIME in it.

>I know acknowledging them will make you lose you arguement though.
I acknowledge that the train is a great setting and that whole part of the game is pretty fun. But after that, it sucks. I can't even remember what the fuck happens after the snake boss because it was so forgettable.

And you still don't acknowledge anything about its innovative elements.

>The game is singleplayer first of all which just makes the system make no fucking sense at all. The AI sucks and it's just a hassle to have to manage another character in real-time like that.

These sound like complaints that a casual would make.

You aren't a casual are you?

>underrated as fuck

You are confusing underrated with 'i like it so, it's good'.

>You aren't a casual are you?
Well I prefer CV, which was a harder game in the places that matter, so clearly not.

Having to babysit a shitty AI is not hardcore. It's a hassle.

You and I are probably the only ones on this board to agree that CV is the worst game in the series thus far.
The pacing was fucking terrible as well; I remember on the island, once you got to the VERY end, you had to backtrack ALL the way to the beginning to get one item. That shit pissed me the fuck off, man.

I agree CV is the worst too. There's at least 3 of us

At least there are still a few people on Sup Forums with good taste in games.

>CV
>hard

Maybe if you're mentally challenged.

>I Will use the magnum and billy the grenade launcher. Billy proceeds to move to a cross and start shooting every grenade in a column

>It's say the hookshot is important so I gonna keep in the inventory for a while

>See item
>Try to grab it
>"There is blood in the bed. They probably fucked a virgin here."
>Grab the item
>"There is blood in the bed. They probably fucked a virgin here."
>Grab the fucking item for christ sake!
>Take the fucking item?

One of the most infuriating games I've played