GTA IV is literally the best GTA game in the entire series, prove me wrong

GTA IV is literally the best GTA game in the entire series, prove me wrong
>protip: you cant

Other urls found in this thread:

robzacny.com/?tag=gta-iv
youtube.com/watch?v=i-yC1EgshMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LOL i saw crowbcats video too :)

The engine and story are great, but SA is undeniably better, and 5 arguably is too

Back to r/gaming

>GTAIV has the best storyline and technology.
>Vice City has the best aesthetic.
>GTA V has the best weapons, vehicles, and weapons rosters/customization
>San Andreas has most memorable cutscenes, "wackiness", and probably the most nostalgic for a lot of people here.

With that being said, I've taken a recent appreciation to San Andreas' atmosphere.
>Speeding down the Los Santos interstate on a sunny day with NOS on and Cult of Personality playing

what is up with Sup Forums massive boner over gta 4? i dont remember it being THAT good

It definitely has the best story.
Holy fuck the story in V bored me to death

>gunning down russian mobsters in an apartment building
>really low on health, run out of AK ammunition
>blyat.png
>suddenly phone rings
>"Hey Niko, it's Roman. Let's go bowling!"

How varied is the word?
Answer: none varied
How many planes van you fly?
Answer: none planes
How much customization is there?
Answer: only 2 customization

Summary: gta4 has too many blights to be the best gta. Its very good, but it lacks too much to be the best. (P.s. there is no best gta. They all have things each one is best at.)

>DUDE WHAT THE FUCK YOU KILLED MY FRIENDS FOR HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS?????????????/ BRB THO IM GONNA KILL MY FRIENDS FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS LOL
>inb4 its cuz hes a flawed character lol

fuck off the gta games NEVER had a good story

>Lets oversimplify plots and type in all caps

ecks dee

not an argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>ecks dee
jesus

>No planes
>Eastern Euroshit character
>Awful car controls
>Health bar

GTA: San Andreas was the last good GTA game. Fuck off.

pic related was good to and is the most underrated of the series. i probably put more hours into the drug dealing than any other gta game

Any NYC anons here? Would you recommend moving there from another state? My friend has a room in Brooklyn for $500 and I'm considering it

>Talks shit about Slavs, would prefer to play as a hood rat
>Cant drive if it has a game has anything other than arcade physics.

Oh

>Health Bar

To be fair, the ballad of gay tony is far better than the base game.

Why the fuck would you need planes in LC's environment you stupid fuck

Chinatown wars was pretty well received If I remember. The only underrated game imo was probably TLATD. Johnny was a literal cuck.

Probably so he can react 9/11 after he mods in children, so GTA can be a mature game for a mature gamer such as him.

The controls.

Gotta agree. GTA 4 would be the perfect game with vehicle customization, more clothing options and more weapons. Not Vs 30+ guns that you'll never use after you get the best ones. I also think attributes would improve the game, but no specials like slowing down time or invincibility.

LC's environment was garbage, nigtard.

depends on where you're from
and its expensive as fuck to live in general there

What does that have to do with anything

>IV
>technology
>when V exists

IV has the best protagonist but V is the best looking.

>pull out gun in gta5
>pull someone out of the car
>character puts guna way and just tugs them out

Why'd they take a step back?

Yeah, I love all of those non existent interiors and shitty physics that makes all of your enemies drop in a couple of shots unrealistically.

What's the tldr of IV story again?

>Johnny was a literal cuck.

not in TLAD unless im remembering it wrong

Agreed. Couldn't even go back and play III or SA, felt too cartoony

Because cockstar was too busy fucking with GTA online so they could sell shark cards. I wont hold my breath for story DLC.

The only thing V's environment has over LC is more country type areas. But after driving through them you realize it's filled with fucking nothing. Not to mention the primary city is so bland. Liberty city is an ideal GTA environment, sure you can ride around the mountains on dirt bike in GTA v, but even cope chases aren't fun there because the cops magically spawn no matter where you are.

Opportunity
Honest life
Not that simple
Can't change who ya are
You always lose in the end

Man, the Zelda cycle is hitting this turd hard.

Johnny had dumped ashley before the start because she was fucking his gang boss and he didnt want shit to do with her. Then rockstar decided to shit up the ending of TLAD which left Johnny completely turning the bitch away after being dragged time and time again into her bullshit, and made him a cuck again in GTA5 to show how crazy and randumb Trevor is.

>His girlfriend is a meth addict who claims she loves him but goes around and fucks random guys
>always helps her when her own stupidity gets her into bad situations, despite saying 2847382 times that he isn't helping her anymore
>still protects her despite all the shit she puts him through, despite that shit having approximately zero to do with him
>iirc one character jokes that Johnny is Ashley's "white knight"

Truly a cuck, but I was angry when he died in V

>MC Niko Bellic is a Serb war veteran suffering from PTSD
>Unit is ambushed during the war and he swears revenge
>Joins a life of crime since there isn't shit left in shithole serbia.
>Moves to america for opportunity and to get revenge.
>Gets involved in crime again, crime doesnt pay, etc.
>Game ends with you losing one of the two people Niko loves most depending on your choice.

Honestly a terrible death. At least let us actually kill him ourselves

to be fair, the body meshes in 4 were much more meld-able and cars didn't explode when falling from tall heights. you could also shoot the suspension and create super drift machines.

this wasn't present in 5 and i missed it dearly.

Another huge flaw in V that makes IV superior is the multiple characters. You switch around constantly for the missions, and the characters never develop. At the end of the game, all 3 characters are the same. Niko actually grows throughout the game, and he's not some stereotype like Trevor or Franklin, and he's far more interesting than boring, flat Michael.

Please Rockstar make VI more like IV, I want gritty, well paced, and affecting action, not cartoony V gameplay and characters.

Nah, there's always been a vocal minority that's loved GTA4.

>reinstall game years later on my 1050
>runs like diarrhretic shit

Slightly frustrating.

What makes it even shittier is that Johnny is sitting on a shit ton of cash, doesn't want to fuck with ashley since she led to his best friends death, and seems like he's finally free of a gang he had outgrown. Ashley even attempts to contact you multiple times after you complete the game, and you tell her to fuck off and you wont help her.

Then all of that character development is completely reverted and Johnny is a cuck meth head now, who gets punked out by Trevor (IMO worst character in the whole series)

Apparently they made an update to fix some compatibility issues with modern OS just a few months back.

>Tire screeches in agony and suspension bottoms out at a 5mph U-turn
>Not arcade
when will you learn?

Ikr. Almost as good as the stickered on windows, wonky physics, glued together fingers and unresponsive environment of 4.

those swings were incredibly responsive.

swear to god Roman was always calls when shit going bad for comedic release..
>running away from the cops
>sharp turn left
>car flips 4 times
>lands upside down
>cops slams into the wall and blow up
>phone rings
>"Hey Niko, it's Roman let's go see some beeg amerikan teetees

I thought I was the only one who hated the multiple characters. It gave them less time to develop and made the game feel less grounded in general. I felt like I was some spirit floating over Los Santos who likes to interfere with the protagonists' lives occasionally.

The physics are just more arcadey, I don't feel they're any better. As far as the modeling getting better, considering GTA4 served more or less as a tech demo, advances almost a decade later aren't really anything to brag about. As far as unresponsive environment, that's pretty hilarious considering you can't interact at all with the environment in 5. Enjoy your no crouching though bro.

>no crouching
for what purpose did they think this was a good idea?

The phone calls are one of the worst things about 4. I miss the detailed conversations you would have during your bro dates though.

No idea. They eliminated throwing objects at people too. I know you only used it in one mission, but that was pretty fun to fuck around with in free roam.

Yeah man. It was a big departure from other GTA games, and it kind of ruined it for me. Especially when you're done the main missions and want to wreak havoc as a single character. You spend all this time to customize your character, the on the next reload your character changes clothes. And it just felt like there no stakes involved. Franklin is pretty much a clone of CJ (young blood looking to make a name), Michael never develops, he's a stertupe of the middle aged rich guy realizing how much he hates his family etc, and Trevor is just wacky and edge for the sake of it, by the end of the game he's done so much fucked up shit you kind of want him to die.

Niko starts off small time, reluctant to get back into crime, but feels a strong obligation to help his misguided cousin. And In the final couple mission, the stakes are high, it's a difficult choice to make.Only at the end of the game is Niko truly vengeful and bloodthirsty.

I pray GTA VI sticks to a single character story. And no special shit. If you're Michael or Trevor, every gunfight turns into you slowing down time or being invincible. Franklins special makes driving even easier than it already is, but the cop chases aren't even fun because no matter how fast you go or how good you are st evading, the cops will spawn 500 yards away from you.

I actually enjoyed it.. Kept me laughing considering it always happen when shit goes bad
I can't talk now Roman I'm busy *gunfire in the background*
I can't talk now Roman *tires screeching and glass breaking*
I can't talk now Roman *Explosion*
It's very comedic

It just seemed that they didn't have time to develop each protagonist the way they wanted. The first protagonist they thought of, was Michael. It really shows as he's the only character with any sort of development.

When I first heard of the character switching mechanic it reminded me of that Driver game that came out where you could jump into any car in the street. It does add some odd quality to the series.

I remember Dwayne making one of his suicide prevention calls after I had finished a shoot out with the cops.

>Y-you can't hang out? That's okay man, I'll just continue to eat rat poison until my kidneys slowly fail. T-take care.

proof gta5 is better

GTA V just felt like a generic Quentin Totino movie. It wasn't bad, just.. alright.

the fuck is this

I completely forgot about those special skills they added. That was fucking retarded. Making a casual game even easier. Totally out of line with the rest of the series too. Oh, and when cops tap you, the game automatically turns your tires so even if they tap your ass, you will swerve one way or the other. GTA5 was a fucking mess.

I wanted to like it, but could never get over my dislike of the bird's eye view camera.

>DUDE
>DUDE, LOL
>What if, and hear me out on this..
>What if, lol
>What if we put a hidden puzzle in the game, and get this dude
>We don't finish it
>They'll go nuts trying to figure it out
>DUDE THAT'S AWESOME
>DUUDE

when you're left with shit, the previous iteration is looked upon more favorably

proof gta5 is better

Niko is the most developed character in the entire series. Rockstar sucks now.

robzacny.com/?tag=gta-iv

vanilla is a bit buggy but yea, with textures and ENB its in a class of its own. GTA4 with a decent texture pack + a good ienhancer or bv ENB looks better than even the best games out today. Physics engine also trumps GTA5, both in terms of vehicles and person animations. I went and put GTA4 physics into GTA5, massive improvement. Still tho, even the new GTA5 graphics mods dont compare to GTA4s ones

youtube.com/watch?v=i-yC1EgshMM

Most of the fans of GTA4 were looking forward to GTA5. They were massively disappointed when it got rid of some of the best parts of 4. San Andreas fans tend to love GTA5 as it is a nostalgia trip for San Andreas. A lot of Sup Forums users first GTA was SA, so they assume the entire series was always wacky and cuhrazy ala SR2. It's a matter of different taste, and we've always argued about it.

So Rockstar was lazy and put in some line drawings as a painting in game? So what?

>no fun vehicles like dirt bikes or four-wheelers
>no planes
>no vehicle customization
>no jetpacks or sky diving
>no fun countryside to explore
>can't recruit people to help you in fights
>can't change anything about niko's physique

It wasn't bad but I didn't think it was nearly as fun as San Andreas

I'm okay with characters having stats like stamina, aiming, strength, driving, etc. but special abilities...what made them think it was a good idea. I'd say the only thing V has over IV isncustmization, when it comes to cars, guns, clothes, and character stats.

The weapons in V, they have so many, but at a certain point, there's no reason to use half of them. And I know it's an arcadey game, and IV wasn't as realistic, but it made sense that nico can only carry one variation of each type of weapon. In V your character is walking around with a mini gun, RPG, grenade launcher, 3 snipers, 5 assault rifles, 3 shotguns, 5 melee weapons, and like 7 pistols....like at least make it a little easy to believe.

I'm not one of those "game is only fun if it's insanely difficult types", but you can fly through V's missions easily. I recall some missions in IV taking a long time to beat, but it was more gratifying.

DRIVING IS BEST DRIVING

Environmental and vehicle textures are great, but they need to upgrade character models

V is shit.

>SR2
>wacky and cuhrazy
Fuck you, I'm triggered. A lot of the goofy shit is optional & the story takes itself pretty seriously

this guy knows whats up.
children take note.

>but could never get over my dislike of the bird's eye view camera.
So you're saying you don't like GTA.

I liked SR2 but there were plenty of cringe worthy moments bro. Red Asphalt was a good moment. But then you had moments like Johnny Gat being an edgelord

>"Where's Gat?"
>"Killing cops"

That line was aimed solely to the edgy wiggers in the audience m8.

Sure dirt bikes and quads are fun, and the country side offers a little distraction from the main story, but eventually you realize that those locations just take up space in an incredibly boring map. The problem is that V get so impersonal, where as IV tried to immerse you in the story, characters, and locations.

>no flying
>no tanks
>horrible on foot control
>LETS GO BOWLING!!!

And into the trash it goes.

Gats always been a 2cool4u faggot, that doesn't invalidate the rest of the story. Besides, he can't be that cool, he gets laid out in every game but 4

>OP was 5 years old when GTAIV came out and all Sup Forums could do was shit on it

there is a mod that somone made that retextures all of the npc/character models
too bad the files are broken

Speak for yourself, I spent hours fucking around in Flint County in SA. GTA IV for me was one-and-done.

V is very replayable

spend a hour driving around in modded vehicles with one of your contacts so you have someone to give the finger to all as you drive

For the love of god Rockstar, set GTA VI in Vice City

>terrible gun laws
>expensive as fuck to live in
>traffic up the ass

Great place to live alright.

V has way worse foot control, it feels stilted. IV felt very smooth, and it was awesome being able to climb up more shit.

V has flying and tanks, I'll give it that, but flying...I mean what's the point other than to travel fast and occasionally blow up a building. Same with tanks, which are impossible to access because of the military base.

And the whole Let's go bowling trope, it can be annoying but it's not like every 5 minutes someone is calling you.

lol your Pineal gland must be really calcified if you are this brainwashed. stop drinking so much Fluoride and mayeb you can see

I agree that GTA5 was way too easily. And I'm a fucking casual who can't play dark souls. But GTA5 was baby mode. The only time I failed missions is when I wanted to see the alternate dialogue that they do like when you failed missions in GTA 4. Most of the weapons are useless.

GTA5 should have been a much longer game for the amount of development needed to be done. Imagine a GTA5 where you play as Franklin for a good 10 hours, and get involved in Chinatown Wars tier drug dealing, and SA like territory wars. So many mechanics that are introduced like towing or street races only appear for such short times that you have these contacts in your phone that by the end of the game you have no need to have in your phonebook anymore. Also, there's the lack of side missions. GTA4 started to phase them out which I didn't like. The first time I played GTA5 and I couldn't access a police computer though, I knew we were in trouble.

GTA5 is great, the story was good until the end which was a major letdown. GTA4 is more gritty and down to earth in terms of story and feel. If you want to unleash GTA4s true potential you need to use ENB and textures tho. Its whole new game, a new dimension. Lets you make a more direct comparison between it and GTA5 (as in if GTA4 had been released today which would be better) - and GTA4 wins hands down. Also - amazing DNC. The ballad of Gay Tony is phenomenal.

It doesn't. But all of the missions with Shaundi were wacky, Carlos was probably the strongest storyline, or maybe when Aisha is killed. The rest of the game is wacky man. And that's fine. Think of all the side missions where you literally are firing shit out of a mobile septic tank to devalue property. And you have to do those sort of missions to advance. It's a great game, best in the series IMO, but I still feel it's wacky. That's not a bad thing.

Cool, so if you're not going to just greentext your case nobody is going to take you seriously. So far you've just posted a bunch of images with no obvious relation.

alex_jones_plays_gta.jpg

Me and my friends used to play this on the 360 years ago, so I've got nothing but nostalgia. It's a terrific game, and the physics were spectacular (and I think, one of the reasons why the game was so good). It did feel far more serious than the earlier games, absolutely, but I feel this suited Liberty City. Would jet packs and jets suited it? Probably not. I remember going to the top left corner of Alderney and finding the Sultan RS behind the shed. We used to race them through the city and pretend we were in F&F.

I think for what it was, it was brilliant.

I hope I'm VI they create a new city. For Rockstar to revisit LC, VC, or SA would be lazy. I want s new environemtn with its own personality and feeling to it. And for good measure, they need a good balance of city and country. Like Los santos is so small, the city that is. Half the map is this fuck huge desert with noting to do in it.

Also, bring back side missions like police computer, gang wars, hitman missions, or maybe some sabotage type shit where your goal is to destroy something without alerting the police or victims.