ITT: Vidya weapons you are trained in the use of

ITT: Vidya weapons you are trained in the use of.

Which weapon do you want to learn that you have no idea where to start with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ev4lW0wbnX8&feature=youtu.be&t=21m09s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't use it as a weapon but I've trained all my life in it's use.

Seeing Gai use these pleased me a lot.

most honest Ninja in this show.

Nobody here trains in martial arts. I guess I already knew that.

>only one seating position
Come back to me when you're at couch level

My penis

Depression

I can only use one at a time. I have no training in using two simultaneously. Of course, I can wield one in each hand and use them separately in order, but I don't know any forms that have both moving in and around each other. Maybe I should work on that.

That's not a vidya weapon, that's a real weapon.

I study Meyer so I know longsword, rappier, dagger and pole arms. Get on my level you fuckin scrub

I've not been able to learn anything about sword play because I don't have a sparring partner and even if I did, mistakes hurt and would likely cause a fight.

Unironically

>training in martial arts
>in an age of pipe bombs, knives and guns

You know training swords exist, right? And you don't need to practice it on a human? You basically just practice stances and swipes

Admittedly, you would have a reach advantage. What's your point?

I am trained in the use of vocal chords, which is my weapon of choice in singstar.

Ive got superior German techniques user, whats not to get

>Having a hobby

You're right. What was I thinking?

Is there any literature which thoroughly explains these aspects with diagrams and whatnot?

Easy to learn, easy to master. The strength is in its simplicity.

If you make one mistake and don't skewer me just right, your jaw is shattered. That's what's to get, Fritz. I could also break your wrist. I assume you're ambidextrous?

Name five(5) games where you can wield this weapon.

The internet is a good place to start

Try google

Ah, I see you enjoy Timesplitters too. Good taste

GTA IV
Last of Us
Your mum (x3)

Hitman Absolution
You didn't say good games.

G3

Oh. I was asking not because I'm lazy, but because I thought maybe you knew offhand of a good source which matched my description. I assumed maybe you knew since you talked like you know what you're doing.

OUT OF MY WAY WEEB NERDS

Superior weapon coming through.

So brittle.

advaneced monk training can break those with bare hands.

>coming to Sup Forums for learning ancient art of wapanese sword
Don't be stupid.

The more crutches you have, the more it hurts when they're kicked out from under you

hey fuck you, I did judo and karate

not that I was superb at either, but it happened

I came here to talk about it, not to learn. It just came up in discussion. Is that okay with you?

I'm doing Muay Thai.

Pretty cool desu, there's a charm in being able to kill people with elbows.

How is someone gonna kick away your crutches when you're shooting at them from 20 feet away dummy

Jokes on you user-kun as a halberd is my preferred weapon so being skewered is the last of your problems, basically your glorified linked sausages wont do much

My body is my weapon.
I wish I trained some sort of weapon but I enjoy punching and kicking way too much.
Should get into grappling at once. Wrestling sounds fun

Whatever you say, nerd.

youtube.com/watch?v=ev4lW0wbnX8&feature=youtu.be&t=21m09s

Better than no crutch at all I think.

Then talk about it more in depth, even though it's not technically a weapon.

>tfw possible boxer's fracture
Should I see a doctor? Does it matter that much?

Rapier

Just get off your ass and go.

Once again, same thing. If you miss, I'm up in your face either breaking your bones or strangling you to death with my linked sausages.

Once again, if you miss, you're fucked.

Elbows are devastating. Anyone who throws punches in tight quarters is missing out.

I own a gun, and carry everywhere. Problem with guns, even for trained police officers who open carry, is that an assailant can close 20 feet before the cop can reliably draw, aim, and shoot.

I am not one that buys into Karate or whatever else, but you should know the limitations of your defensive weapon of choice. If someone is gonna sneak attack you with a knife, the best defense you can have is sleeveless chain mail or some other form of stab proof armor that assailants won't know about.

The worst thing you can do is think that a knife will defend you in a knife fight, because someone will already have attempted to stab you rather than wait for you to draw the knife.

It does matter. That isn't something you want to let go. If you do, it will persist until finally you are beyond help.

Watch Dogs legitimately made me interested in these.

This. Knives are fucking dangerous. If a reasonably trained fighter gets into your zone and has a razor sharp knife, you will bleed to death before help can arrive whether you shoot them or not.

>Then talk about it more in depth
not much to say, we spent most of our time around a rosewood multi-armed dummy trying not to be hit by the painful bars

the rest of the time was spent doing stances and forms, memorization stuff meant to make you more co-ordinated

judo was focused on learning to fall properly and learning to roll (which I guess is pretty relevant to vidya), then on grappling someone on the ground into a position where you could choke them or hold them down, it was really gay apart from the bit where wrestling QT asian grill

Believe me its hard to miss with a halberd since every part of it turns you into play-doh, obviously a weeb like you wouldnt understand german superiority. Also since ive studied dagger I also know ringen. Good luck getting close enough to take me on baka because i can turn you into a pretzel with one hand
*tips cavalier*

I own one of these, but you have to have a permit to carry one, which I don't have. It just sits on my nightstand instead.

cringe

> obviously a weeb like you wouldnt understand german superiority.
Which would be weird, japs adore and basically worship Germany

Doesn't even need to be trained. He just needs to not be considered a threat until he can get within ~20 feet of you.

Now, yeah, if some asshole screams and runs at you with a knife from 100 feet away, you'll be fine. But people with knives aren't ones to do that. Even untrained people know that its best for the victim to not realize they are being attacked until the knife enters their body on the first of many rapid stabs.

>have to have a permit to carry one

What's the difference between a baton and a baseball bat? concealment?

Hotline Miami.

not him but outside that animu wth the tanks and hetalia i havent seen any anumuus with germany in them... i thought they more idolized France

Dead Rising
Last of Us
Dead Rising 3
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

They're definitely neat to flick open. But if you don't keep it clean then it's a bitch to collapse them. Also they can break bones real easy

Hotline Miami
Dragon's Dogma
Hitman
Last of Us
GTA 4

kiss urself

"I do not fear the man who has sat down in 3000 different positions, I fear the man who sits down in the same position 3000 times."

Asian girls, when QTs, are really cute. That sounds like it was fun.

>Weeb

You assume a lot. By the way you talk, I think you might be projecting.

No. I'd much rather you leave this board.

I've been trained in archery since I was a child

Actually yes. That is the difference. As far as I know, according to my state's law, you can carry whatever you want so long as it has a use other than a weapon and is open carry.

>Anything other than reliable gun/knife combo
>Implying swords, nunchuks, etc. will mean jackshit when I cap you

As far as weapons go, that's your best bet. Aside from that everyone should really know a little bit of hand-to-hand self defense. If someone gets close enough to you with a weapon your first priority probably won't be, "heh, let me teleport behind him." It'll be, "Oh fuck, let me control his hands or get the weapon away from him so I don't die!"

Then why don't you have a compound bow?

Hopefully you're not using some gay ass highlander display katana. If someone wanted to actually train with a katana they would probably just do kendo

RIP light rail avenger
he was a true samurai

Pretty much. The threaded tip can fuck someone up REAL good. I had it stressed to me that you strike at the fatty parts so you don't cause serious injuries.
>tfw broke a drunk marines radius with it

They are dangerous for that reason. The training constitutes that you don't aim for the head unless your life is 100% in danger. You're supposed to target limbs, specifically joints (knee, wrist, elbow, ankle).

Where is this quote from? The real one.

I have a compound bow, but it feels like too much of a crutch
Less raw skill involved

>knife and a grenade

They like us, but not as much as Germany. Japs basically consider themselves as the Germany of the east. Country with a unique culture, a lot of urban legends and folklore, autistic people and deserving the right to rule over the region.

You can go fuck yourself, actually. By all means, go on.

The most useless talent for a weapon that never existed until movies

This whole thread is borne of cringe. OPs bumping his shit playing tactical weaponmaster

>projecting
Mate I'm shitposting, you're supposed to reply with an equally retarded post for (you)s

>If someone gets close enough to you with a weapon your first priority probably won't be, "heh, let me teleport behind him."

Don't blame others for your sluggishness.

>picked the most show-off, most useless, combat retarded weapon.

If you get any muscle at all, maybe you'll give someone a bruise.

Fuck, a whip is better than that.

He died?

I don't really see any advantage to using two of them unless one is for blocking or diversion

I'm the OP, and I only know how to use chucks. I didn't claim to know how to use anything else. Hide the thread and leave if you aren't a fan.

I'm not good at shitposting so I don't.

Honestly the only weapon it makes sense to train in are firearms, knives and practical martial arts.

Yup. Fighting the lake.
One day his pupil will avenge her master though.

user, how long have you studied chucks for, do you have a primary source? Have you spared with them before?

It is mostly for show, yes. That's why it's a hobby. If you think they can't cause fractures if they're made of dense wood though, you're a dumbass.

What does Sup Forums think of Krav Maga?

If naruto had actually stuck to the ninja/martial arts theme a bit more I wouldn't have dropped it. Drawn out super hero soap opera isn't my cup of tea.

Pic related

Bruce Lee I think.

I think it's interesting to learn more than the basics. If I could find a way to learn something like a chain whip without fucking myself up I'd be doing that instead of posting this.

I don't think you understand. There's no "training in nunchucks" you autistic sack of shit. Learn something real

What's the point of this meme? I don't get it. Why are people always asking each other to list examples of extremely common video game tropes?

i have chuka sticks as well. but mine can be screwed on together so it turns into a simple wacker

I've practiced with them since I was 14. I'm 30 now. I've sparred before, but not a whole lot. Besides the flashy stuff, which is mostly for fun, there isn't a whole lot else I've learned that doesn't involve the chain itself. The chain itself is used for disarming, or wrapping around limbs. I haven't formally trained, but have met with multiple formally trained people who were blown away by the fact that I'm self taught.

Long story short, I do it for fun. I don't rely on them for self defense.

I am trained in the ancient Japanese art of giving nasty bruises.