ITT: Criminally underrated games

ITT: Criminally underrated games

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cNisfD5Gw_k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a much better designed game than C1 or Warhead.

>we want the CoD audience!
No

criminally overrated

The "get the alien souls before they dissipate" mechanic was absolute bs

That train mission was fun as fuck

c2 was shit it took away all that made c1 special and fun namely suit controls.
C2 was just consolised dumbed down garbage
c1 and warhead is the true god tier predator sim.

Had one of the funniest Machinimas ever desu
youtu.be/cNisfD5Gw_k

If metal slug ever went 3d, lp2 is a good example of what it would play like.

>If metal slug ever went 3d

Oh but it did.

Ring of Destruction: Saturday Night Slammasters 2

The Indiana Jones games. Lara Croft is cool and all, but I loved playing as Indy.

crysis 2 is shit tho

Yea no, Crysis 2 isn't rated nearly as poorly as it deserves to be.

Nah. Fuck that game.

Better than wanting the tech demo audience

If the Crysis series never went to consoles it would have probably become the Citizen Kane of video games. If you followed Crysis 2's development you know how it was categorically held back by console limitations, both hardware and audience related.

Seconding this, Two Worlds 2 was one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever played more than 30 minutes of

Agree, it was pretty good. I loved the jungle missions in C1, but that was half of the game, the second half was dreadful.
C2 was way more focused and much better rounded from a design point of view, shame the tech had to slow down for consoles.
Still, C1 was unoptimized as fuck since it still manage to drop below 60 fps even on modern hardware when pushed on extreme, not to mention mods.

People who prefer Crysis and Crysis Warhead to 2 and 3 just want to pretend PC exclusives are superior.

The encounters in Crysis 1 and Warhead ARE NOT well designed. They're big and let you approach from different angles, but they aren't fun. Play through Relic and you'll realize it's just shitty camps made up of those buildings on stilts. There's no underground paths or tall structures. Assault looks cool, but it's also not fun to play through.

Crysis 2 has much better weapons, enemies, and firefight design.

Which is that?

Crysis 1 was awesome
Crysis Warhead was awesome
Crysis 2 was shit
Crysis 3 haven't even bothered finish it, so unless something happens at the end I don't see why that would be called benchmark.

/thread

Silent storm
Severance
Hidden and dangerous 2
NOLF
Knights of honor

My old toaster with a GTX570 can run Crysis1 with constant >60 FPS on max settings.
The fuck are you talking about user?

100% agree with you

How does it compare to 1?

1 bored the fuck out of me because the "sandbox" shit was just different variations of you throwing objects at people.

>Better get there before Volodnikov figures it out!

I started playing through this again recently and I'm actually really enjoying it.

He's probably using an AMD cpu, crysis tanks my fx8350.

People complained about popping textures.
But with these newer faster cards it's not that big of a problem with MEGATextures.

Yeah I remember the gpu I had in 2011 had some issues with it but now on my newer PC it's pretty flawless. Carmack was obviously forced to push the tech out before it was ready given the gap in id releases.

>Crysis 1
>pc exclusive

It was when it was made.
That's why the console version had to use CE3 and heavily downgraded version of Crysis 1 for it to run.
Unlike the other two that was dumbed down to fit consoles.

this goes for the whole series

console versions have smaller levels lol

>actually interesting thread where anons can discuss their opinions on vidya
Barely any replies
>latest eceleb drama shitposting
350+ replies

It was well received by critics across the board, getting 8/10s and 9/10s

It didn't break any new grounds. It had some very interesting set pieces, some great graphics for the time, and was pretty fun.

IMO it was rated right where it belonged. Not taking the world by storm but being liked by those that play it. Which is what it deserved. It didn't break any new grounds, but did what it did well.

I wouldn't call it 'criminally underrated' at all. More like under marketed. By word of mouth or otherwise.

OP is probably referring to Sup Forums's consensus on it, I've only seen mixed to negative opinions on it around here.

My favourite racing game after Stunt GP.

This gem. Then lost planet 3 done went and fucked it up..

The Crysis suit is so fucking sexy.

never
ever
again

Too bad CA seems to be making too much money with fantasy nerds to stop with Warhammer

Bullshit. There is no way you managed to stay above 60 in the alien ship section near the end. I couldn't with a R9 390 + i5 6500

Crysis 2 is my favorite linear shooter. I don't play CoD games, but really liked Halo. Crysis 2 has much better movement options that most first-person shooters, satisfying weapons, great graphics, and fun enemies. I love the headshot should effect, and just generally think it's a top quality game. Definitely an 8.5 or 9.0 for me.

So many people hate it for the stupidest of reasons. Meanwhile it's literally the best game ever made.

Somebody else who likes Crysis 2? Ayyyy

My favourite campaign shooters of the last 10 years are

Crysis 2, 3
Far Cry 3, 4
and Metro 2033, and Last Light Redux (because of ranger hardcore)

One of my favorite RTS titles. May just be nostalgia looking at it but fuck if it wasn't fun.

All wrong opinions

The only thing it did better than C1 was story and grafix.

>Still, C1 was unoptimized as fuck since it still manage to drop below 60 fps even on modern hardware when pushed on extreme, not to mention mods.

lel, just this morning I was thinking about how great C1 optimization was that I could play it on my old toaster at high settings and it never stuttered or anything

Dog shit

C2 would be a great call of duty, but compared to C1 it was shit.
Linear levels, visuals not that good, no more predator feeling. Hunting chinks in the forest was THE shit.
They simplified the suit powers, reduced your interactions with the surrounding and the plot was uninteresting.
C1 made you feel like a god, C2 is just another generic and bland shooter

Five hundred and ninety-nine U.S. dollars.

>tfw the nig stole alcatraz's body

this game has aged horribly.

Not sure if anyone even knows about this game existing, but Binary Domain was the tits

Also, great choice OP. Loved the Crysis 2 campaign. Shame Crysis 3 was a shit fest

This is some american tier comedy :'(

I've never been more disgusted in my entire life. I checked a long-play and skipped to around halfway

>tfw that mouse acceleration on pc

fuck man i fnished this game already and reinstalled it

i just cant anymore man, all i wanted is to shoot some robots with big bo

good game

dunno what the fuck they did with 4 though

>Number 1 nigger in vidya game

I played it ages ago on 360, got it again on pc but it constantly crashed for me. I miss adding robots to the rust heap

I will never uninstall Binary Domain, beat this game 3 times and will probably do it again soon. Turning scrap heads into literal scrap is too much fun. Also Kaine and Big B(r)o.

The stealth is so shit though.

Enemies stare at you when you cloak, just waiting for the game to give them permission to keep firing. They immediately know the angle you fired from from hundreds of yards away. Undergrowth gives enemies no handicap to visibility so the entire predator aspect revolves around cloaking, and the cloak lasts all of about 5 seconds when running.

Half your predator experience boils down to waiting. Not waiting like a real predator so you can observe your prey but waiting for the cloak to recharge.

bioshock 2, best of the series by far

so bad, it's great
pure kino. How can Kojima/David Cage/Naughty Dog compete

Who are these guys?

No, seriously. Why are "star-developers" even a thing?

Pretty sure this is still alive. All the WH fags played Starhawk for like a week and then went back to wH.

more like criminally underage
if you had been around in 07 when it came out you wouldnt say that

>why are people who make acclaimed games famous
What a stupid question.
Kojima is responsible for Snatcher, Policenauts, ZOE and Metal Gear
David Cage makes those interactive movie games like Heavy Rain that uncultured normalfags go crazy for
ND used to make Crash, Jak and Daxter and now Uncharted+Last of Us

>We're fighting a giant salamander with mechs
>One of us got ate and is now fighting inside the giant salamander
>"This is boring"

Fuck you, you know who you are.

You. You are cool.

>cultured
>vidya

I remember confusing screenshots for this and RE5 all the time because they have near identical color palettes and the same sort of post processing. Something about the black colors looks similar too, i can't really articulate it.

That's my point. People that consider Cage games to have an amazing narrative haven't read a fucking book.

I played through all of these games, but I can't remember hardly anything about them.

They're very forgettable.

This game had an amazing atmosphere, the gameplay was fun, the setting was great, and the story structure / story itself was pretty good. Sequel when?

seriously do people forget gameplay is the most important thing in a video GAME

no its all about the "experience" now

A lot of people don't know even know it exists, they just know about the Bloodlines.

Fuck man, I wish they'd bring it on PS4, maybe even add a few maps, but that's never going to happen and now I'm depressed.

>can't get all the manuscripts unless you play on the highest difficulty
>which you have to unlock by finish the game on one setting below it

That pissed me off.

>finally goes on sale on steam
>none of my friends want to get it for co-op
>the one guy who does had an issue during the first time launch and never bothered to fix it or try again more than a few times
Fucking hell

They need to get that shit off windows live. Give it a steamworks relaunch and the multiplayer will probably live again.

I honestly don't get all the fuss around games for windows live, yeah it's unnecessary garbage, but all you have to do is log in and you're sorted. Some people I know won't touch anything which has it, which is a bit extreme imo. You're totally right about the multi-player though, a steam relaunch would do wonders.

That pissed you off? The very fact that you have to actively squeeze your ass into every little nook and cranny on the level to search for manuscripts is what pissed me off. Shit's important for the plot, should've placed it in plain view.

I don't even remember, does the game have a normal save system or was it autosaves?

I think this fits the bill. One of Bestwood's last RTS games, and their first 3D game.

Had an awesome soundtrack, fun cinematics and missions, and a lot of content too. I don't think I've ever seen this game even mentioned once on Sup Forums in over 10 years of using it.

I think it had checkpoints, but I don't really remember it myself.

What was American Nightmare like?

Oh you wanted this on the N64? Too bad. Here's the racing game instead.

Crysis 1 up until the point where they introduced the Aliums was a pretty good sandbox shooter. Warhead improved upon this. However they decided to "modernize" their game by going after the Call of Dodo audience, which has brought down many decent franchises, such as Baddulfield.

>hard dystopian sci-fi universe
>great plot
>unique terraforming mechanic
>a varied and entertaining campaign
>looks good
>nobody played it

Although I heard the English translation was questionable, but surely it got a fan patch since then?..

I got it on sale but never even installed it, so no idea user. People seem to enjoy it.