What went wrong after GTA IV?

What went wrong after GTA IV?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jDC2pI1lMcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing

They got too political I think, GTA IV had a lot of subtile satire and TR he story was generally pretty grounded and dark. It was simple and only went over the top when it needed to. Look at GTA V, where you play as Reddit and drive jeeps out of jumbo jets, rob a bank in a juggernaut suit and mingun, and fight ayy lmaos

>Muh three protagonists
>Muh shark cards

Michael was basically reddit. For once I preferred playing as a nigger.

>Michael
He's a 50 year old man who likes old school movies. Reddit would be Trevor.

scots turned into jewish businessmen.

GTA Online prints money.

I wouldn't be surprised if GTA6 ditches story mode altogether.

GTA IV was shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=jDC2pI1lMcY

>as Reddit
>basically reddit.

Your arguments are now invalid. Try harder you fucking troglodytes.

GTA Online

Multiplayer. Rdr is going to be bad because of this.

>zero punctuation

idk why but I just couldn't get into V. Maybe it was the console controls after getting used to PC controls with IV, or maybe it just wasn't able to hook me in for some other reason.

It's weird as I've played them all apart from II and VC and immediately felt hooked, but for some reason V just didn't do it for me.

>PC controls with IV
I can see how hard it would be for you being so fucking basic.

> GTA IV
> Subtle satire and not political
> The game literally starts with an American being spanked by a slavic prostitute
> Followed by an illegal immigrant murderer being picked up by a drunk slav

Once you try shooting and changing camera angles with a mouse, you'll never go back.

I did, pc controls are shit for literally anything else other that that one specific moment.

They went after the Saint's Row crowd.

Gone are the sense of progression, in depth mechanics, and the activities that tread a fine line between being fun and maintaining the integrity of the story. It's all been replaced by streamlining and wacky "humour".

You're wrong though.

GTA IV was only redeemed by the improved shooting and likeability of Niko and Roman. GTA V revamped the combat to be more "realistic" (even though the rest of the game move away from that, so the change made no sense) where you could die from two or three hitscan bullets. Then they had some of the worst protagonists in the series. Michael was boring and depressing, and Trevor was boring and annoying. Franklin was just boring. No character was likeable, and no one cared what happened to them in the story.

Nice argument.

GTA4 had more technology for some reason, I want the old euphoria physics back.

Michael was a shitty Ray Liotta, something Tommy Vercetti did 100x better

Franklin was literally a self insert (BLACKED) edition

Trevor was a bad attempt at a manchild-like character that just come of as something Saints Row-esque and didn't really feel like a GTA protag. Although I suppose he was supposed to be a jab at the players who just play GTA for the sandbox violence.

In my opinion, all of V's main characters were fucking boring and Franklin was the least offensive.

HEYYYYYYYYYY
WHATISGOINGONGUYS
XxINxYOURxNANSxASSxX HERE COMING AT YA WITH A NEW GTA5 VIDEO
BUT BEFORE WE GET INTO THE VIDEO LEMME REMIND YA TO SMACK THAT LIKE BUTTON AND HIT THAT SUBSCRIBE FOR DAILY GTA V CONTENT! [LIKE FOR PORK CHOP!!!]

GTAO

still waiting for that single player DLC for GTA V

also I never finished GTA IV, I got bored, I played all the older ones many times

Don't forget how everything is so haphazardly resolved in V. They introduce so many antagonists that they don't have the time to develop them all. I don't know anything about Strech's character and I can't tell you how or why he betrayed the Family.

IV meanwhile has fewer antagonists, but they're all fleshed out and dealt with in satisfying ways.

Euphoria was extremely expensive.

They tried hard

Franklin is the best character

Trevor only appeals to edgelords and redditors, Michael is a literal cuck and senile old man

Franklin is the only one who doesn't pretend to be someone he's not

And gone too far

Franklin is the biggest loser in GTA v get the fuck out of her ya fool

GTA 5 is a great game and infinitely more playable than IV, which is a drag to get through

I don't like how dumbed down the melee fighting was in 5. It looked more "realistic" but it was super simplistic. At least 4 had you time your dodges and execute a neat counter attack.

Only played the PS3 version but things would disappear way too quickly once you moved a bit away from them. You couldn't park a bunch of cars close together and blow them up like you could in 4.

By the time I was told to kill Stretch I couldn't even remember who he was. Probably I'd have remembered him if they'd done more gang missions instead of dropping them as soon as Franklin meets Michael.

Nigga, I just uninstalled GTA IV because the stuttering is unbearable.
This is genuinely the worst fucking port I've ever played in my entire life, graphically intensive games released after 2010 are running a million times better than this 2008 shit, even GTA V does.

As for the game itself, who decided that limiting a car turning radius to 20 degrees was a good idea?
How about the lack of recoil when using any type of gun?

As for the satire, it isn't in any fucking way 'subtle', unless you compare it to V then I guess it is somewhat subtle.

I'm salty I somehow got to the middle of the game with all this shit. The performance issues also seem to grow along with how much you play the game.

Can you cause panic without killing anyone in V? I had plenty of fun in IV by blocking roads, pointing my gun at drivers and watching how panic ensued - people got out of their cars and started running while others ran them over and some people just desperately ran their cars towards walls, while others just watched and gave no shits about the whole ordeal.

More importantly
Can you kill ANYONE or ANYTHING without getting narc cops on your ass that spawn at every intersection?

runs with 60fps on my fucking toaster

maybe your brain is lagging hard

absurd amounts of panic, yes

yes

>All the fanboys insisting the car handling was "realistic"
>All cars handle like Lowriders with suspension made of rubber no matter the car

Maybe you're a fucking retard.
You can find countless of people on forums with fucking 970s getting drops under 40fps.
A fucking 970 that can probably max out all the Crysis games has issues with running a 2008 muddy piece of shit.
How the fuck can you even defend this piece of shit?

Gta5 had better gameplay to 4 but 4 had a somewhat better story. I still liked 5 even though it was easy

GTA online

well my HD5670 can run it at 60fps

Gta online fell flat on its face from the lack of heists. Which were honestly pretty fun with friends

Nothing

the driving physics and car damage was changed to appeal to normies.
also the ragdoll physics were downgraded.
i am one of the few people who actually enjoy GTA online and even i think rockstar should have focused more on single player.

>i have friends

wow shit taste

IV and V were both shit, only millennials like either of them.

GTA Online has loads of funmodes that are incredibly fun with 3 friends

>load for ten minutes
>play for three minutes
>load again
fuck off

GTA IV wasn't anything special apart from giving you a somewhat unique Russian protag. the mini games, nice pacing and some of the side characters gave it some lasting appeal

GTA V was utterly forgettable. The MCs, the side characters, the radio, the driving, stupid cop system, tiny city (I know it's bigger than IV or SA but like 50% of the city is highways and docks).

Right, im sure cockstar couldnt afford it.

By the end of the game, the hard working legal immigrant Roman is able to have a successful business and marry the woman of his dreams despite undergoing hardships. The illegal immigrant Niko is the only one who ends up with nothing. It's rather telling that Niko's anti-American rants aren't taken seriously and gets him nowhere.

Trevor has the excuse of getting rid of his enemies before they become bigger threats, as seen by what he did to the Vagos and the Lost MC in Blaine County before going to Los Santos. Stretch, Steve Haines, and Devin Weston were all just idiots with power.

They forgot what made GTA fun in the first place, shooting people and car chases. Instead we got a bunch of following people and stupid miscellaneous activities like yoga. Also no rewards for doing anything.

It doesn't stop being political just because you agree with its politics.