Just bought this during Xbox Spring Sale

Went in blind. So far it feels like a classic Final Fantasy game with really decent graphics that I think hold up today.

I don't finish most of the RPGs I play, but this definitely feels a lot less jarring then Final Fantasy XV.

Now I want a turn based RPG with today's graphics. Any chance we could see Blue Dragon 2? I mean, Microsoft did resurrected Halo Wars from out of nowhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LUjxPj3al5U
gamespot.com/articles/all-the-xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-games/1100-6434025/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It got two sequels on the ds. They also sucked. Google isn't hard. This game is awful and no one wants more.

>DS
cringe.

The Last Story will never get a sequel

Lost Odyssey is MUCH better.

I really wanted to love Blue Dragon, but it's toriyama's worst designs, FF's worst mechanics/level design, etc. Everyone has a stolid plastic face that hardly emotes, it's pretty jarring.

Uematsu is old and busted
Sakaguchi will never outdo Yuji Horii
You should picked up Lost Odyssey

Is that dragon supposed to be a Jojo reference?

>tfw the best JRPGs last gen were all on xbox
>they will never be ported to other systems or PC

At least we can enjoy the Uematsu soundtracks without relying on an xbox.

I really enjoyed this game though not as much as Chrono Trigger.

One of my favorite jrpgs of all time alongside Lost Odyssey. The 360's Japanese library was really all about quality over quantity.
Anyway, the Blue Dragon soundtrack is still one of my favorites. The boss battle theme caught me off guard the first time I heard it but I still remember it verbatim despite playing the game years ago. Really catchy

daily reminder that the Deep Purple guy made a boss battle for this game
Yeah but this one is actually fun to play.

I remember that, got that at 360 launch enjoyed it a lot more than I thought

MC was an annoying faggot though

help me over nice at least until lost odessey and tales of vesp came out for 360

>the hardest enemy in the game is a giant golden turd
what did they mean by this?

It's a reference to Dr Slum.

Does the hard mode fix the difficulty btw?

The 360 had Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Infinite Undiscovery. Of the three, I only finished Blue Dragon, but Lost Odyssey was the best of the 3.

My 360 is broken and now I'll never finish those games. I don't want an xbone.

Too bad for you. You don't have to swap discs on the Xbox One/Scorpio

Is this a JOJO reference?

I really liked it. The designs were simple but charming and the world was huge with tons of areas and lots of sidequests. Battle system offered a lot of customization without being complicated yet kept things interesting and allowed a lot of freedom for building your team. Characters were plot were saturday morning cartoon tier but I don't think that's a bad thing. It never tried to be more serious than it was presented as and felt like a solid adventure throughout.

Only real problem was that it ran like ass and had FPS drops during almost every animation, which made battles a drag. I heard the xbone port fixed that though.

But there's literally nothing else to play on the console. Are all 360 games at least downloadable and playable now or only select ones?

>learning this was a real song and not some retarded bullshit made specifically for Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

A LIGHT SHINING ON MY HEART

Bet it"ll look great on the shitio too right? Cuz you know,
>All 360 games are getting overhauls with it

As someone that played Blue Dragon, I was baffled by everyone that thought the song came from Barkley 2. I recognized it right away and had a chuckle because it's so terrible and unfitting though

What exactly wasn't fun about Lost Odyssey and is fun in Blue Dragon? If anything BD was bare bones in comparison.

It's the good kind of bad, like a catchy but shitty theme song to an 80s anime, which is what they were going for with the entire game, complete with a wonderful singleminded totally evil old bad guy.

Real sequel when?

>BD was bare bones in comparison

You are joking, right?

>more sidequests and sidecontent
>actual overworld to explore
>actual end-game content
>lengthier campaign

45 hours I like it. I'm in the middle of disc 2 on 360, I swear I'll go back to it when Nier and Persona are done.

no. DSs have a hinge

please respond

gamespot.com/articles/all-the-xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-games/1100-6434025/

>no infinite undiscovery
welp

You forgot Last Remnant, Magna Carta 2, Vesperia and Star Ocean.

Lost Odyssey is the only JRPG really worth playing to completion on 360 though. The rest of them are either completely esoteric or just plain bad

Going by the games he mentioned, he was clearly going with exclusives. Magna Carta 2 could count, yes, but it's Korean.

The actual battle mechanics in Blue Dragon were great, if a bit dated. Very classic JRPG. I liked the class system.

Story and graphics though, were ass. Unremarkable environments and unlikeable characters.

that's right. Magna Carta 2 was so bad I had forgotten about it.

My biggest gripe was the slowdown in battle, especially with the charge-up mechanic, or multi target casting ANYTHING.

Not by much.

Isn't this fixed on xbone?

I don't know, I haven't tried it on xbone. It shouldn't have happened at all on the 360, the console should've easily handled it.

I'm pretty sure it's fixed. The Xbone has the definitive version of a couple games now, mainly Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and RDR.

nice 1 bro

You can thank Epic and Unreal Engine 3 for that.

I may consider picking one up if only to finish Lost Odyssey. How much do those things run now?

And Lost Odyssey was given away for free for an entire month. Everyone that wanted to play it without framerate drops and disc swapping had their chance.
It's currently on sale too if I'm not mistaken. $6 or $8

Two fiddy new, I think.

This
Plus the fact that your character didn't run with an annoying delay.

the laptop I'm using right now is probably slower than yours, please don't make me go to sites that are loaded as fuck like the Xbox main page. :(

I grabbed it during the promotion even though I don't have the console.

Guess I could treat myself for Easter, though my backlog is so tremendous that I'll never get to it. At least the game releases are slowing down. After DQ Heroes 2 I'm at a loss.

It's fine -
helped me out.

t. sony cuck mad because can't play cool games

>tfw I like Blue Dragon but dislike toriyama/dragonball design
this game's fun eclipses the shitty design they choose

Hey TJ, what have you been up to since CGRundertow?

Only select ones. I actually bought the bone because of bc.

Just bought this tooo OP, cant wait to play again.

Should I get this or Bully scholarship edition?
I already own and played lost oddysey recently.

FEAR AND AWE

IN YOUR EYES