Isn't that a good thing?
If the game is bad you would stop playing regardless of how long it is

It's as long as the others

>30 hours JRPG
>long

berubetto-sama

Bitch go play P5! If you can't handle the girth and length

Filler and padding like every JRPG.

it not long. the pacing and poor level design makes it feels longer than it is.
I played it on PC with 2.5x the running speed. made it alot more bearable

Let me guess, you watch anime and tv shows at 3x speed.

>cheat engine
>run speed modifier

You can thank me now.

>people say that they want games longer than 4 hours
>people say that games that force you to walk/run through vast empty fields for several minutes just to get to the actual game are alright
>these same people use cheats to speed up their games
Explain yourselves.

>every
*every shitty

gamers are cunts with a market so oversaturated with pussy devs trying to cater to them, that they will literally never be satisfied because they don't have to be

Tales series is known for its length I thought

back in the day everybody knew Symphonia as "that 80 hour long RPG"

Is it true that Velvet is a shotacon?

>Ber/ss/eria

I'd understand if the game was a padded out mess, but the pacing is pretty tight for a jrpg. You could probably shave off hours by not doing any sidequests/minigames, but you'd be a fag if you did that.

>40 hours long
>you spend 20 hours walking down a really long corridor
This is th FF13 of the Tales series.

Symphonia is 40 hours, not 80.

People exaggerate length a lot. I heard Tales of the Abyss was 120 hours if you go for all sidequests or something ridiculous like that, but I beat it in just under 60 hours on hard mode w/ all sidequests. Symphonia is also not that long, especially if you know what you're doing in battles (abusing Colette's poison can take down endgame bosses in a few minutes).

The only truly long Tales games imo are Vesperia PS3 and Graces f (because of the future arc).

depends on how you play I guess

I'm pretty sure it did take me at least around 60 hours the first time I played it but it wasn't a completionist run

That would be xillia.

I can't wait to see her return in the final episode of Zestiria X

why does he just give up?

Why couldn't they just let me protect her smile?

i'm pretty sure vesperia or abyss is longer

probably abyss, that game was fucking long

My completed file has 37 hours on it, obviously not doing every little thing in the game, but I don't measure game length by 100% completion because barely anyone goes for that.

Hell yeah, pray for it!

About 50-60 hours is a norm for JRPG.

i'm like 30 hours in and it doesn't feel like the end is anywhere in sight
i don't mind though

Come on, fags, don't let this thread die

whyu

Laphicet is a little BITCH

>he skipped all sidequests

Harden the fuck up kid. Your awkward sexuality doesn't impress anyone who isn't a shotacon. But it probably really impresses them.

>most of enemies in graces stay staggered in combos
>reach the legacy content
>every single enemy unstaggers mid combo
why the fuck would they do this, i just wanted to play as richard but i just get raped because nothing stays staggered in combos, even if i guard up to red

Graces is all about dodging, focus on that over guarding.

i know, just sucks when i get swarmed and attacks that would usually stagger enemies so i don't get fucked don't stagger so I gotta be super defensive in every encounter

>most of the sidequests are at the end

It's all about the ACC stat. Everything else is irrelevant

What difficulty are you playing on?

>120 hours to kill Deific Artorius

Could probably have cut like 20 hours off but I was autistic and farmed grade/got +50 gear on the characters I liked.

She's a Phicon.

I try to play on hard but the ai is fucking retarded so i usually try to do moderate.

JRPG are designed for NEETs

Huh. I honestly don't recall it being too different in the legacy content. I really grinded a lot in that game though. The title system was like crack for my autism.

only time i actually grinded was to get void blade because the titles that have it were dumb to unlock
>defeat with 50 hit combo or overuse A-type moves
>mainly used B-type moves for most of the game
wew boi

Is Grimoire the most erotic character in the whole game?

running speed on field you retard

Does anyone know how to beat dire foes on chaos during NG+ ? They're like level 90 and I'm level 5.

tutorial makes it seem like the battle system is some deep sophisticated thing with complex designs flexibility and strategy in harder difficulties. .

You actually just mash buttons and it works

Because you could often unlock titles every few battles I just became obsessed. I can't remember the name they used for it, but they also had a thing where if you killed a monster enough times you got its "soul"? Something like that. So the little things like that really made me grind hard. I actually really enjoyed it.

I liked Graces F. I really enjoyed how much everyone hated the MC.

Yes.

easily my favorite tales combat system
>all the characters have unique A-type artes
>all the melee eccentric characters had nice flow between their A and B artes, especially hubert
>all the magic characters could effectively go melee, especially with the fact casting a spell after a tier 2 or 3 A arte lowered the casting time a ton
hope we get another tales game like it, maybe with better story

Yeah, it is super mashy. Doubly so with Velvet because her break soul might as well be an infinite combo button.

Other characters are super fun though and generally have unique playstyles/more balanced mechanics.

It's a JRPG and you payed 60 euro/dollars for it.

Most gamers are casuals who don't finish games. Simple as that. They play their fancy new toy for a few hours and move on to the next hype.

only in PS2 era onwards

SNES JRPGs are more like 20 hours on average

50 hours is pretty standard, the fuck?

Pretty much, yeah.

Xenogears was pretty long. I think it has to do with the application of CDs as storage medium. There wasn't much room on cartridges.

Will I enjoy this if I liked every single Tales game before this and Xillia 1 and 2 are my fave ones?

>Enjoying Zestiria
>Xillia is my favorite

Fokn wot mate?

>the fuck?

Are you angry about my good taste?

you shouldn't swim against a riptide

To be fair, Xillia had bretty gud combat, aside from X1's iron stance. At least in those games you could do finger gymnastics as opposed to Zesty and Bersy's mash X and R2 occasionally to win.

how is this game? I played xillia and got really hard burned.

>all these clichee characters
>graphic and animation from ps1 launch game
>this shit 3 area, mmorpg overworld
>ok-ish story

So is the story now better? The gameplay? Is the girl a good waifu or some shit?

>Liking Zestiria

You are kidding me

>Are you angry about my good taste?

Drink some bleach, it might help with your brain tumor.

That's weird I remember loving Xillia's plot and great characters also how the sequel makes the it's even better plotwise.

>coridors longer than ffxiii
>looking worse than ffxiii
>story as dumb (well, not completely, but it's close)

It's fine, I guess, but I also sort of feel OP's side on this. I've got a threshold of about 30-40 hours, and I just start getting burned out on the sheer repetition of it. I'll take a break for a couple of months, and by the time I get back to it, I can't remember what's going on, so I end up dropping it forever. It also doesn't help that it feels like every game released now has to be some 70+ hour epic.

A berseria thread !

I think it's a pretty solid JRPG better than boring shit like this horrid franchise anyway.

really? Here is what I got from xillia:

>typical shounen character who fells in love with the girl "who changed his world"
>typical god-like girl, who is don´t know anything about humans and emotions
>I am super cool mercenary dude, who is obviously not a spy, and is super cool with his smirks
>typical childhood friend who of course is in love with the mc

And the plot was ok, the plot twist with another world was good but the moment when mila "died" and all this "judee it´s your fault, I know became evil again", was so fucking stupid.

It's a Tales game, that's why

>posting flat clown in a Berseria thread

Yeah but have you got to the one where you're jumping through different dimensions and fucking shit up yet?

I don't know why I am defending Xillia since I hate it, but you are oversimplifying the cast greatly. Jude's obsession with Milla is portrayed as a negative (see him becoming depressed and suicidal after she dies), and Alvin's super cool mercenary schtick is just a facade hiding him being a scared and aimless kid (also brought to the forefront after Milla dies).

when does this happen? I beat the jude mainstory then never touched it.

But user, these are still typical cliche characters. And the development was really stupid, let us take alvin e.g.
>hey kid I am now your friend
>hehe kid I am always there for you
>Oh one moment need to talk with this suspicious guy for a moment ;)
>oh yeah I am a spy, sorry I kinda liked you guys.
>oh fuck beeing a spy, I want to be your friends, we will defeat everything
>mila "dies"
>JUUUUUUDEEE all your fault.
What the fuck happened to beeing friends for fucks sake?!

The only good character was elize and her little toy. But if Berseria don´t have a better character development, or at least some waifu shit or better story then looks like I won´t touch it.

It was more like a reaction. Velvet all the way.

Her tits are literally perfection in the anime.

its only as long as your cock is short

>So is the story now better?
It's definitely a lot better for a Tales game, don't expect too much though, it is still an animu game.

>The gameplay?
Braindead. Literally mash X, if you're up for it, set up artes on the arte tree so it covers everything, that way you have to switch your combos. People like to set all weaknesses of enemies on one button hence, the mash X to win.

>Is the girl a good waifu or some shit?
Velvet is wife material.

No I didn't

ok thanks!

MAGINPUI

DELET

It's like, what 30-40 hours? Persona took me fucking 87

Her voice is pure sex, though.