Well that was fast

Well that was fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/uh-oh-nintendo-cuts-wii-u-sales-forecast-by-69-percent/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck, I should have waited to scalp mine.

Man. They are fucking faggots.

rev up those scalper prices

How long until Sony tries it tho.
I want a psx classic more than any old nintendo console from before gcn.

Nintendo needs to die.

Prove me wrong.

You literally can't.

God I hate Nintendo.

How can you discontinue something that you never actually sold?

That's fucking pathetic.

Shortest home console lifespan they've ever had, Nintendo is FINISHED.
run wojackuploader.exe Nintendo.jpg

It was never intended to be a big thing
Nintendo probably just wanted to do a neat little aside thing, they need all the chinks assembling switches right now

SNES Classic coming this holiday

Correct my assertion where needed.

>nintendo releases this
>sells out instantly, no one can get one
>nintendo discontinues the product

just get a switch with VC?

man i hope so

You really wanted to pay for 30yo roms that badly?

But... Why?

you get gutted by taxes if you make too much money...

They didnt discontinue it they just never produced more.
It was never intended to be a long term product just a one time thingy

>Nintendo
>business sense

>NES classic will be more expensive than Switch soon

I truly doubt that any of their supply issues are due to clogs in some production pipeline. This is Nintendo doing what they always do.

They are the most anti-consumer of the major console makers.
This is impressive considering their competition.

i have one

it's alright, play it with the gf sometimes

i'm more hyped for a snes classic

Great, at least all of 20 people got one

As recently as January there were comments from corporate saying it was still in production.

they cant steal sales from the coming e-shop

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
>Why didn't Nintendo give me this limited edition console
>I have a right to it
>Mommy I need my tendies!!!!!!!

Then why didn't they say it was limited edition?

I never did see one of those things. I probably would have bought one on a whim if I found one in a store but I didn't care enough to pay ebay scalper prices for one.

Why do they produce anything at all? The most limited run they could do is just produce nothing.

it was an anniversary thing

there was no long term support idea for it because they couldn't continue to profit from it after it was sold to a person

They're just making the perceived rarity higher

This Christmas they'll have a surprise "limited run" re-issue, so more people jump on it thinking it'll be their last chance

They'll probably do this every year for a decade

that was their strategy for the wii u and possibly also the switch

>sells like crack in Harlem
>let's stop making it

I have 10 in my closet. Going to make so much money this holiday season.

sure

>Implying my post, , was pro-Nintendo.

Nintendo are a cancer and should've died a long time ago. They're chink scum.

As far as "the big three" go, Nintendo is my favorite but Christ they are enormous faggots with limited systems. They basically pander to scalpers.

Not surprised. At first their factories were filled with Amiibos and they tried to cut down to produce more NES classics, but now that the Switch is selling like crazy that took top priority and Nintendo has just filled more factories with Spatoon, Smash, and Zelda amiibo.

i honestly dont understand why you guys want this. get a raspberry pi for 30 bucks and it can play everything youd ever want from that era

>actually giving a fuck

oh wow

>Defending shitty, underhanded business practices
I like Nintendo too, but you're just fucking retarded.

I look forward to posting the screencap in 6 months

I'll admit that a few stores did get shipments of the console maybe 3 or 4 times during the past 6 months, but there is absolutely no proof that the extra controller was ever sold or even produced by nintendo. It has never been in stock anywhere and any store that has a listing for it has been "coming soon" since the day it launched. It's almost definitely a vaporware product.

Brick seek showed multiple at my local walmarts and managed to pick up three this past week. One I'll use to hack so I can get the entire NES library on it.

>hey guys i'm poor as fuck

but you'll still be in the closet, fag

huehue

>i'll never be fast enough to get a mini SNES

I'd bet a steak dinner on the release of an SNES Classic in the near future.

Nintendo doesn't have factories. The Switch is made by Foxconn. It's also not "selling like crazy" either. It's tracking considerably below the 3DS and Wii U over the same timeframe.

lol you guys better never try to get into the anime figure market, when something is gone is fucking gone
Why are murrcans so entitled?

Thanks for Testing the new VC Software Switch is going to get NES Classic fags

Maybe because they only produced like 10 ten systems.

>scalped 10 of them
>still have 5 left because lots of people started undercutting my price
>the price will now go up

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm waiting for someone to make fun of me for scalping when I literally do it while I'm at work. I literally get paid above minimum wage to scalp and shitpost on Sup Forums

>It's also not "selling like crazy"
it's sold out everywhere :)

Too much of hassle to get menus UI, and frontend to work. You have to be a literal retard to understand how it works.

How much does Nintendo pay you to take their dick in your ass?

should I just buy one for scalper prices then?

What the hell?
Why?

That thing was printing money.

Don't care.
Literally the only "Classic" console I would ever buy is the N64 Classic because nobody ever figured out Nintendo 64 emulation perfectly.

Are they discontinuing this because of virtual console on the Switch?

If so, why even release this damn mini-NES?

So is the NES mini.

That's what I meant. Orders for amiibo have taken priority over the NES classic. before Nintendo put out a statemtnt that they were making more NES, but it looks like they are more focused on making more amiibos and Switch.

e-shop is coming

create scarcity so they can sell it again next christmas

>LIMITED UNITS WILL MAKE IT SELL!
>THE SWITCH WILL SELL MILLIONS LIKE THIS JUST WATCH!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This. Artificial scarcity tactics 101.

NES sold 1.5 million units. 1.5 million for an overpriced emulator. That's very good you fucking retard.

>Nintendo makes the NES Classic Edition
>LOL Nintendo are Jews they need to die who would pay 50 for 30 year old ROMs?
>Nintendo discontinues it
>LOL Nintendo are Jews they need to die why would they discontinue their product like this?
You can't win.

Watch them release a new revision with a different selection of games, a less shit controller cord and a slightly altered color scheme. It'll not only print money from the people who missed out on the OG batch, they'll also make lods of emone from the fags who just have to purchase anything with Nintendo on the front.

This.

Fuck, I wish I bought one just to scalp it to some autistic nintentard

for what purpose?

It would most likely reach a million by the end of the console's lifespan.

All 12 of them.

>parents pre-ordered one to give it to me as a Christmas present
>stock ran out
>now this

Well, what should I get for Christmas, Sup Forums?

Doing both is jewing, but they're jewing idiots who deserve to be jewed, so I don't really care, but it's still dirty.

I mean, they've already improved their year end forecast, so it sounds like it's selling better than expected at least :)

>>LOL Nintendo are Jews they need to die who would pay 50 for 30 year old ROMs?

this is a valid question

>LOL Nintendo are Jews they need to die why would they discontinue their product like this?

when their stance is that it is illegal to emulate their old titles, but they won't sell people reasonable access to said titles, that's all kinds of stupid.

>Work at Target
>Get shipments of 10 of these from time to time
>Tell friends or family to come the next day to buy it for me and then sell them on ebay for about $150 a pop

Own two and have made about $2000 so far.

>doesn't know how to emulate
>plays the nes classic like a noob

lol

3ds sold 350k its first week in the US, while the Switch sold 490k. There are no sales number beyond week 1 in the US, so that's the only comparison that can be made right now.

All these games are on eshop.

A fag and his money are soon parted.

>Literally admits they can't win
I thought shitposters were better than this

It already is
Check ebay

>shipment of 10
>target
lol yeah right kid but good try on the bait.

I'm not saying it's bad. I'm saying the fact that it's sold out doesn't mean anything. It's also becoming increasingly untrue. It hasn't been true in EU since launch, where the Switch has been largely available in most countries. Stock on US shelves is starting to linger, with scalping prices plummeting to levels where it's difficult to even make a profit. Same in Japan. Demand is dropping rapidly and I doubt they've even shipped 3 million yet. As a reminder, the Wii U sold 3 million in its first month.

>but they won't sell people reasonable access to said titles
It's called the Virtual Console

>just have every game ever made as a rom to play if I ever want
>no pile of plastic to put it in like a faggot
>oh well.gov

>they've already improved their year end forecast
cnet.com/news/uh-oh-nintendo-cuts-wii-u-sales-forecast-by-69-percent/

Do you really think they're going to make a bad forecast when they desperately want people to buy their last ditch effort to stay in the hardware business?

Just emulate the games you want to play you stupid fuckers

>Make thing
>Thing gets scalped so hard, like everything else you've made in the past 2 years
>"Well that was fun, time to stop selling thing despite the huge demand."

How is this company still in business?

>Citation Needed: The Post

This really, why does Pokemon yellow coat 5 fucking dollars? Most of the NES, SNES AND GBC/A games and such should really be like 99 cent purchases at most, Didnt they also get caught just repackaging ROMs they found on the internet as well?

All those passive aggressive smiles won't change the fact that Nintendo is dying, user.

They released it in a limited quantity to make it seem like it was far more in demand than in truth. Usually this tactic is reserved for when you actually plan to release more. So this is very puzzling to me.

They'd be idiots if they didn't do this

>Nintendo is dying
Making shekels like this isn't dying user

>release a Switch with NES styled JoyCons with something cheap like preinstalled SMB1 on it
>sell 1 trillion units

That is if Nintendo will do it and if the VC is actually launched soon