Why is the Japanese voice cast of P5 entirely composed of the biggest A-listers in animeland and the dub entirely of...

Why is the Japanese voice cast of P5 entirely composed of the biggest A-listers in animeland and the dub entirely of literal nobodies?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PillsburySadboy/status/852599147425353730
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would you invest money and effort into something that will be received as stellar regardless?
AtlusUSA has been halfassing their job for years because Atlus games sell on their own. There's a slim hope Atlus will revoke their partnership after they fucked up Persona 5 release so bad.

Dub is better than the sub.
No taste

And yet they still turn in the same hammy garbage performances as usual. Kill yourself, weebshit.

Because the VA union in America was having a strike at the time.

VA strike

>Why are dubs shit?
You new to this whole japanese media thing?

There is no such thing as A-list VAs in the west unless they are straight outta hollywood, which would cost a fortune.

d-delete this!

t. retarded faggot

I know you have Stockholm syndrome from being forced to play the dub in Persona games for so long, but it's over. It's okay to have taste now.

Because in Japan being a Seiyuu (voice actor) for anime and movies and games is a big fuckin' deal and is something people greatly aspire to be; it's actually above normal film acting in terms of prestige in most cases.

While in the west VA work is the domain of a small group of lowly-paid mimics who generally have next to zero recognition unless they happen to be in everything under the sun (like Tom Kenny)

English sounds like shit.

>not giving anything to hear Tony Tony Chopper Morgana

Cause almost all Japanese games are. Even B-Tier gamed that barely sell in the five digit numbers can afford a Saori Hayami or Sugita Tomokazu. God knows the former is the lead in every other Animu JRPG game

It's not a bad dub.

Ann and Ryuji in particular are great. It's actually the more established VAs like Mathew Mercer who suck.

Better question: how bullshit like WUZZAP PERSONA! even happens? I get it, Ryuji is a rebel, gotta spice it up with some decade old meemees.
Another example: in FFXV when you take off for the first time in flying cat, nip Noctis says something like: "Car is really flying!" while burger version can't help itself but to meme it up: "Where we're going, we don't need roads!" IT'S A QUOTE FROM THAT OLD MOVIE YOUR GRANPA LOVES SO MUCH, GET IT!

I play with the dub primarily for Jamieson Price. His voice is golden

What's with the odd way the pronounce names though?
Instead of, say Ki-ta-ga-wa it's said ki-tagawa?

Ann sounds pretty bad imo. Ryuji is literally yosuke, which is alright with me.

If you can't speak japanese then honestly you're not really getting much of the benefit of it anyway.

>playing for Jamieson Price when Sojiro is voiced by Jouji fucking Nakata in the Japanese dub
Price is the only notable VA on the English side, but he's no Jouji Nakata. You really made a poor decision.

>game is made by Japanese devs
>takes place in Japan
>characters are Japanese

Still, he plays the americanized version with english dubs.

Where did this idiotic meme start? You don't need to know the language to judge emotion and inflection, retard.

I'm 18, I've never even heard of this series before. Literally who; the game.

This!

Plus based Sugita in the main cast.

Fuck you, weeb. I prefer the English voice of Pikachu.

You don't even know what words they're putting emphasis on. You're just getting general emotional tone which is not something you need a "biggest A-listers in animeland" to convey.

>You don't even know what words they're putting emphasis on
Yes I do.

When will amerilards learn that people who dub anime and anime game are low tier literal who trash?

Then you speak a bit of Japanese. I just said if you don't then it's meaningless, if you do then that's fine.

Do you watch anime dub is they take places in areas where English is the main language?

All Japs sound the same to me.

What's the point, though? Atlus always wastes him on background characters.

These literal nobodies are way better than the usual assortment of overpaid lifers we get in every single game.

It's so much fucking better to have some new talent, and they all sound pretty damn good most if the time.

>"I play a hyperweeb JRPG anime dating sim but I fucking hate Japanese, please don't take my lunch money."

The only reason this is an issue is because some asshole made it one months ago before it came out and Sup Forums just latched onto whatever opinions allow it to shitpost the hardest. People really do complain about some of the stupidest shit in general when hive minds take over these days though that I otherwise wouldn't even bat an eye at. During that scene I was like "Oh there that line everyone is bitching about, oh there it goes, right time for the mini boss and th the 90 more hours of dialogue ahead" and that was it. Its literally an issue cause shitposters make it one like 95% of the shit people moan about.

you retards still trying to keep this up

I never listen to English dubs so I have no knowledge of this but:

Are there famous dub actors?

You're a retarded American who doesn't watch foreign films, it's okay.

Wendee Lee has been in everything

You're not entirely wrong:

Dual audio was an afterthought and the subs are done very lazily.

I watch foreign films. Hard boiled is god tier. The difference being that dubbing live action looks like shit.

Dubbing anime or videogames mouth flaps is totally different. Persona barely has the mouth move when people speak.

And it rubbed off since she now mostly works as a VA director and does a pretty good job.

She worked on Nier and Automata.

>if you can't read the Bible in ancient Hebrew you're not getting much out of it anyway

why do you keep bringing up American people in every thread and thinking it makes a argument

t. assblassted american

Not a very good analogy dude.

are you fucking retarded or something the game is out now you can stop bitching

Found this earlier

They are capable of saying the correct pronunciations sometimes but choose not to for some reason

twitter.com/PillsburySadboy/status/852599147425353730

The reason is that the voice direction told them to mispronounce the names, but must have missed the random NPC actors and not even listened to their reading of the lines so they could "correct" them.

Just poor direction, Ryujis voice actor seems to do the best with this stuff, everyone else is complete ass, ill just do my second playthrough in Japanese because there's no way I'm playing a 100+ hour RPGs reading the entire fucking time, call me a pleb or whatever, i just can't do it

>Ann
>pronounce is uhnn
What did they mean by this?
Watch too much Frozen?

decided on just doing the dub, 'cause some of the jap voices were shit. i couldn't rationalize playing it in nip when the jdub wasn't perfect.

>Shuddup

None of the Jap voices are bad.

>Shuichi Ikeda

Well... fuck

Wassup > jap Ryuji.

And you can learn to read subtitles.

CAPTAIN KIDDO > eddin xD

>Atlus revoke relations with Atlus
Can't make this shit up.

>"Igor" is voiced by the old fuck from Kaiji.
Neat.

How much do you wanna bet we're gonna have a persona 4 situation where only 3 characters have consistent English voice actors throughout the spinoff material?

Does the Japanese market get an English option or do they not give a shit?

They don't give a shit. Why would they want a foreign dub of the real work?

Jamison Price, Keith SIlverstein and Michelle Ruff (this is just the top of my head)are nobodies? Did the TC fall on his head as a baby? While it's true majority of the thieves are new blood, most of the adult characters are not.

As look as its Yusuke and Makoto who that stays the same, I would be fine

>the TC
>TC

Play go back where you came from.

watch that happen and also not give us dual audio in any of the other games

My name is Un, Un Ta Kamaki

I love Aoi!

Is this shit for real?

It's a fantranslation.

Why would they want the worst version?

I played the dub, but that's mostly because there's a lot of unsubbed dialogue (demon voices, dvds/theater films/all of the murmuring/etc) and I wanted to grasp all of the content in my first experience.

I thought it was pretty serviceable outside of some weird pronunciation. Definitely better quality in both delivery and script than say the Danganronpa localizations.

because who the fuck wants to play a Japanese game in english?

Mixture of low budget and just good ol' fashioned incompetence.

People who don't like reading subtitles during combat.

Yeah

Atlus is poor.

Wait what? so does the text for demons and movies show in japanase or what?

Nvm me I misinterpreted the post. He was probably talking about the "hey wassup" lines they say that have nothing to do with the text...

Correct. It's a minor thing, but I don't want to miss out on some shithead demon calling me a scrub.

Or The Cake Knight Rises.

what about in something like uncharted? do they play in English?

do the people who speak english yet play with jap voices play something like the witcher in polish?

>I'm 18
You didn't have to say more than that, your opinion doesn't matter.

because the voice acting industry is fundamentally different in Japan from how it is in America, and you aren't going to get freaking a-list actors working on a video game outside of scattered incidents or in accordance with Kojima's boner for Hollywood

Because they know dubfags will eat up whatever shit they get.