Monster Hunter

>Clunky controls
>400 weapons, all slow
>7 monsters
>MMO grind
>G-Rank hunts impossible solo
>Zoned maps
>No lock-on

Why do people play this japanese garbage again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VzbmfewSQyA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because practicing killing god-dragons so much you can do it naked with your eyes closed is fun

Because it's fun.

>Clunky controls
No
>400 weapons, all slow
No
>7 monsters
No
>MMO grind
I'll give you this one
>G-Rank hunts impossible solo
No
>Zoned maps
Yeah this sucks to be honest
>No lock-on
Wrong

Reminder if you play anything past Freedom Unite you're falling for the Casual jew

MH thread, then?
How do we feel about MH Stories coming west?

Go play kingdom hearts then :DD

I don't know man. I think it's just hype and wanting to be part of some group. It's like how dark souls is nothing more than a mediocre series yet the fans are rabbid with head cannon lore. Or over watch players and the cringy tumblr fan art.

Some people are just destined to play shit.

I'M FUCKING EXCITED

Mostly, I just want the amiibo.
I know they aren't 100% confirmed, but there's no way they won't release amiibo when they have a reason to.

Oh, neat! When?

Pretty stoked, but I personally would have wanted to wait for a potential Stories G unless they are going straight to making a full sequel.

Monster Hunter is on the same level as people who get in Disgaea's post game. Some people just like this kind of trash.

What is it, anyway? I've been ignoring it because I was sure it wasn't going to have a western release so I didn't wana be disappoint. Now that it is I have no clue what the game actually is.

Nintendo Direct yesterday just said Fall 2017.

It's a monster collecting RPG like Pokemon or Yokai Watch with overly simplified gameplay featuring the MH monsters.

Oh. Eh..

Well, I'll still play it and I'm sure I'll adore it but.. eh.

QURUPECO IS LIFE

>tfw don't want the riders
>Just want neat monster figurines

Fine. I'll buy the other overpriced lumps of garbage without a chip in the bottom.

You hunt monsters, with your own monsters
The gameplay cycle goes is: find the nest, sift through the eggs until you get the one that smells good to Nabil, then hatch them at the village.

You can customize your MC, but you have the option of just roleplaying as Lute from the anime instead. Speaking of the anime, this game will 100% spoil the anime because of how glacial the anime's pacing is.

There's IVs but with the game being JP at the moment, we're not sure if they're any important like that "you-know-which" game

Man, there's just something about monsters cooperating with humans that doesn't sit right with me.

The riders are removable actually.

user...
You can remove the riders

IVs?
I don't know which
Speak notweeb please

Brb taking out loan

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

Why? They aren't inherently evil or destructive, they're just really big animals.
They generally raise them from birth in this universe too.

I will buy this but where is XX? I want the grinding, I want 800 hours of my life wasted and I want it now.

I dunno. It just doesn't really work in my mind with them being so fiercely territorial. It just seems like humans are attack on sight when it comes to humans by instinct. Survival mechanism from the great war, yanno?

Just seems like a rat being BFFs with a snake.

I have a feeling we'll get an announcement if there's ever another a 3DS focused Nintendo Direct. There can't be that much left in the pipeline for it.

>Can ride it fine despite the wind barrier
>Yet you can't glue a saddle on it

People like the challenge, all you faggots do is whine and whine. Just like the faggots from WoW that play FF14, they complain about stupid stuff because they dont want to learn to play a new game (I only agree low tickrate is not acceptable, everyone does, yet people defend this abomination) BUT it does not mean the game is good.

>Riding monsters

That's neat, I guess. I'd prefer MHXXX though.

Reminds me when they thought it was unrealistic when a Dinosaur used Meteor or something

>He doesn't know this is how comfy monhun threads are started

OP adores MonHun, yo
t. OP

Domestic snakes having a rat pal is documented as not being such an impossible occurence.

Dammit man! I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's just weird any way you look at it.

been playing Mh dos. pretty weird to get accustomed to using the 2nd stick instead of buttons for attacking but I've managed.

Not-Kirin EDs are acceptable to not have, but goddamn why did Rajang have to be an enemy only thing too? And despite having Glavenus as a bonus, Gore isn't there.

E3?

Some things to note about Steve in Stories
>Yes, he can inflict Bleed. You can even fuse him with other monsters to pass those Bleed genes, ranging from his Thousand Blade Claws to those that increase Bleed infliction chance
>Bleed increases that damage dealt to the inflicted monster, for ONE attack only. So you can just switch Steve for your heavy hitter to exploit the damage increase.
>Ride ability is Fly, so if you don't like Rathalos you can substitute him for Steve.
>Since genes do have some element in them its possible to convert Steve into a dragon-element monster easily because of his Bleed
genes. Don't expect a full-on subspecies conversion though.
>He runs on two legs. Sorry to break this news.
So far, he's an endgame monster like the Metal Raths.

tfw you unleash Brachy on your enemies.

No dubs, tard.

Gotta go
and make fun of him

Deviants are Guild Quests all over again. Nobody wants to help you clear your own list of lower levelled Deviants so you're stuck clearing these by yourself. It's not really that much of an issue because the game is easy enough to solo, but after a while it just gets so incredibly stale because there's so many Deviants and way too many shitty quests with shitty extra monsters in the Arena until you finally hit lv.10. Also, fuck capture quests.

With how Shaggy's been shilled in other spinoffs lately, I won't be surprised if the arcade did the absolute madman thing

Excited.

But I'm still unlcear about the rock paper scissors battle system. Is it the garbage kind like in Fate/Extra where you literally have to guess to win, or is it like in Dragonball Fusions where it is more like X is weak to Y.

I really don't care about this. I just want MH5 to be on a non-shit console

Did they anounce anything MH related on the latest direct? Any MH news from famitsu?

Each monster has two types out of 3 that they prefer to use. Your monster acts based on that, and so does the enemy, but your player character can choose what to use by default. Each exchange in combat gives you gauge points that built to a special attack, but you can expend the gauge to force your monster to use specific actions.

Expanding on this: If you accumulate enough gauge points, you get to ride on your pet monster and access to their Monster Art. Manual commands are disabled but the rock-paper-scissors is still there to level your Monster Art.
An example of those Monster Arts: youtube.com/watch?v=VzbmfewSQyA
Molten Tigrex is DLC only, sorry

By the way, Monoblos(at least the regular species) is specalized in the rock-paper-scissors combat, especially since his armor has skills geared towards that

Lastly, there are indeed attacks that don't use the rock-paper-scissors mechanic. In fact, that mechanic gets thrown out of the window against elder dragons.

Sounds better than Yokai Watch and Fate/Extra. But how much of the battle gameplay is complete RNG? I vastly prefer games like Pokemon and SMT where I have full control over the battle actions of my party and would rather not relinquish too much player input so my monster "feels" like its own entity in the game.