How do you organize your steam library?

How do you organize your steam library?
I'm getting tired of just an alphabetical list.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rallion/depressurizer/releases
github.com/Theo47/depressurizer/releases/tag/v0.7.2.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Completed
Endless
Unplayed
Never Again

Arbitrary categories that only further obfuscate my library

Installed
Not Installed
Trash

Basically this.

I also have a section for games that I want to keep an eye on for updates etc

very general genre categories

for instance i have a puzzle / casual / humblebundle category which is obviously full of shit i've never played, because thats what most of those bundles are (or, used to be).

I've experimented with a lot of different categories, I eventually got rid of most of them and narrowed it down to what works best for me in functionality.

>Multiplayer
For things like CS:GO, TF2, KF2, RL, and OW and any other game that is only played for online play.
>Currently Playing
>Completed
>Not Interested

The default Games library functions as an unplayed pool of games. This way I don't have to frantically sort out 1,000+ games and can just chip away at it with each game I play.

By genre.

I'm actually REALLY autistic about it. If I wasn't phone-posting right now, I'd post a picture.

Actually, I might do that right now...

>grid view still has no arrangement other than alphabetical
Valve is fucking worthless.

the games category are games I'm too lazy to categorize. I get spurts of ocd and I go on a categorization spree once or twice a year.

Am I wrong or can you only change the category on a single game at a time?

>ROGUE-LITE

Sorting by recent is actually very handy most of the time.

frack off, Bain.

Ctrl+Left-click to select multiple titles. (Shift+Left-click works as well)
Right-click, then "Set Categories..."
Check off (or create) the categories you want these titles to be a part off.
Click "OK"

ROGUE-LITE

Ok it's me!

You are like a baby

I prefer alphabetical, but a few years ago I tried to start a "favorites" for what I was playing the most at the time. Then I bought more and more games and forgot about it. Now I have a list of favorites im too lazy to organize or delete that I dont even play and fucks with me when im looking for something alphabetically

>Windows Only
Basically just so when one of the few games left in that category gets updated it will stand out and be immediately obvious.
Not that big of a deal anymore, just 10 games in there now. Mainly just walking simulators and other shitty indie games from bundle deals left in there now.

Beyond that I use genre specific categories, but mainly I just toss everything I'm playing or that I've played recently and might come back to into favorites.
Seems kind of ridiculous to have 50 games in favorites, but its a pretty small percentage of my total library these days.

Pretty much this but lazier

opps wrong order

Oh, thank you. Not sure how I didn't figure that out.

you're the one that owns minecraft clones and tower defense games, OK KID

How do you live with yourself

They came in bundles, I swear!

>HORSEYS!!!

I don't get what the issue is

haha i think i own fez

With my games, duh

You should take the time to organize it man, it feels pretty damn good looking at it once things are done. It's the same feeling you get after you tidy out your bedroom.

>submarines
you sit on a bed of lies. that category is empty

>Roguelike

/thread

First by game genre or category, with a pile of big name devs / publishers at the end. I have multiple games sorted into multiple categories when it needs to be. So any Sonic games are under Platformer and [SEGA].

autism

nop

they aren't roguelikes though they are less mechanically dense than something like nethack or dorf fort

Fair enough

It's okay, I guess. I really need to subdivide my Strategy & War Games though, and my backlog(s) need to be sorted into proper categories.

How many bundles did you buy?

I organize it by the tiny amount of games i can install on my 250gb ssd

That's actually pretty close to mine, Complete for games I've finished with, Unused for bundle trash, Hall of Shame I created so I would never have to look at Dinner Date again because it is the worst purchase I have ever made by an enormous margin, and stuff I might play soon or am never really finished playing is uncategorized.

I wonder if a good way to categorize is via game developer
that would help me keep track of some shitters out there I guess

A lot. I've got about 400 unclaimed Steam keys from Humble Bundle.

Out of curiosity, why the EA and Ubi categories? I don't feel like their are uniformly distinctive as Platinum, Telltale, etc.

I used to have it like that but I realised that too many games crossed categories.
Now I just group them by developer.
That's not a bad idea.

Not a lot.

Oh, I thought you asked what was in them, my bad. Why? I dunno, it was more than a few.

Shit and Piss are distinctive enough to want to seperate from the edible food.

>no subnautica
>no sunless sea

Backlog
Everything Else

If a game is part of a serie I have a category for the serie, a category for completed games, a backlog one and the rest is not sorted

like this

>installed
>not installed
>deleted

tfw no indie shit and 78 games completed story out of 90

That's what I mean though. For example, DMoMM shouldn't be remembered as an Ubi game, it should be with the ARPGs (it may be still, as you did say there was duplicates). It's just a weird category to have to me. For example, I don't think "Ah yes, Alice and Mass Effect. Two EA games." Those two publishers are just so hit & miss with all their stuff (see ), being carried entirely by radically different developers almost unrelated to the publishers, that they seem like really unnecessary categories.

I unno, mang. I'm just talking a lot about something that doesn't really matter, I guess.

>Need To Play
>everything else

need to play are games i regularly come back to or are part of my backlog

everything else is stuff i have beaten and don't intend to play again, and stuff i don't want to play but for some reason got on to my account

I do it by genre, but I have a favourite section at the top and I lump all valves games under one section rather than shoehorn them in with other stuff.

I do have them in both places.

And I like having games organized by company, when the company itself is big enough to be memorable on its own. DMoMM is a bad example, I don't really think of it as a Ubisoft game, I just lumped it in because it was one. But I DO think of Mirror's Edge and Mass Effect as both EA games. If I think of the company before I do the category, it's easy to click on their name and find it. I would do the same thing if, say, Nintendo's stuff was on Steam. I would have Mario under Platformers and Zelda under Action / Adventure, but I would also have them both under [Nintendo], because I think of them both as Nintendo games.

What about games you are currently playing?

Basically this but with slightly different names.

Ah, that's the answer I was looking for when I asked why. Thanks. I was mostly curious because I also do developers, but not publishers. Mass Effect and Dragon Age are both under "Bioware" for me.

sort by Recent

>Games worth playing
>Sup Forums approved

I would normally feel the same way. I would rather have the developer listed than the publisher, but I don't have enough of each developer to justify the whole category. Publisher is just the next best option.

>Never Again
Why have this category? If you're never going to touch the games in this section, why not just hide them from your library all together?

I'm inspired. This will be quite a journey.

>favorite
>backlog
>won't play
and then a separate
>got from Sup Forums
category to financially jerk off to

SSD
HDD
Not Installed

Not him, but that wasn't an option until recently, so a lot of us have similar alternatives. Mine is [Buyer's Remorse] and [Completed] respectively.

Because I hate betas and obsolete versions (some games come in multiple on steam) and my autism wants me to separate trash from those.

>Backlog
>Done With
>Shit

the unsorted game are basically stuff you can't finish

Filter to installed

Autism.
You can't remember what games you finished? What are you? Fucking retarded?
You don't divide them into developers and/or similar thematic groupings?
Gas yourselves

You can't remember what genre a game belongs to or who developed it?

By genre, it means I have multi-genre games on there multiple times though which is pretty shit

i think the real mental illness is the need to have every single game you may not even play placed in a perfect position so it doesnt trigger you is the real autism

installed/uninstalled, the only two tabs you should have, end of story. Chances are if you have more you're an in insufferable cunt who lets his autism control everything

What's in your 'got from Sup Forums' category?

>You don't divide them into developers and/or similar thematic groupings?
I do that as well. I'm .

But for you to be this butthurt over other people's categorization systems for not matching yours, might I say a bit more seriously, you may be the one with autism? That's actually a pretty textbook cue, m8.

why does all of Sup Forums have to pick fights with people based on shit that isn't even relevant to the thread
the USA just recently launched one of the biggest explosives they have ever launched since hiroshima, and you all decide to argue over how you sort your videogames
I know this post is off-topic as well but I mean, come on, why can't you grow up.

Most Sup Forums users are underage and don't know to have an actual conversation or deal with differing opinions

God Tier:
Recent

Good Tier:
Installed

Normal Tier:
Alphabetical

Autist Tier:
Custom

>Calls people autistic
>has autism and needs to needlessly sort everything by precise categories instead of simple done with/playing now or soon split.

You seem autistic my friend.

was there ever a time when this place wasn't full of shitposting and b8ers
I doubt it was always like this, it couldn't have been

It was better at one point. We used to actually hold community events and organize servers peacefully

Legends tell about the time before 2007 when Sup Forums was good.

They fucking lie

Alphabetical custom genres. I have 1100+ games, I've been meaning to reorganize and add several more custom genres to get rid of some of the bloat. I don't know what to name certain action games...

(PixelVision 2.0 skin)

there is a tab labeled "installed" under Library, so even that is unneeded

There's a category manager and I'm pretty sure there's a script that automatically sorts them like that for it

just changed from genre to something useful yesterday
>currently playing
>current multiplayer
>backlog
>backlog probably
>backlog probably never
>finished
>humble bundle rubbish
>never EVER

Use Depressurizer
github.com/rallion/depressurizer/releases

Finished

In Progress

I have like 150 humble bundle trash, 50+ completed game, and 250+ unfinished games. it makes it much easier to see what I should play

>Shit I play
>Shit I don't play
>Local Multiplayer

Bonus: A category for each summer sale for sentimental reasons

I mark my completed games so they're out of the way when I'm looking for what I'd like to play next moron.

Wrong
github.com/Theo47/depressurizer/releases/tag/v0.7.2.0