youtube.com/watch?v=lbRhT9hSuWw
youtu.be/PdLIerfXuZ4
youtu.be/urfADUE22zA?t=1h31m57s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A different time.

story on this?

I'M NOT FALLING FOR YOUR BAIT.

Lurk Moar

There was once a well-coordinated and heavily practiced team from Reddit that was beaten by a rag-tag group of Sup Forumsirgins run by a furry tripfag and a BR with a ping of 140.

>tfw still play to this day
no other fps has come close to the enjoymemt I get out of it

>Don't even know what this is
>Posts the name of the game in the OP
Fucking sand raker.

SHAZBOT

PUSH THESE SANDRAKERS OFF OUR WORLD.

It's a shame they fucked the game so hard. Why couldn't it just keep going? It could have been CS:GO levels of competitive play.

Its not even that old

Please take my OC shitpost meme from back in the day.

I'm surprised someone isn't hosting a revision of Tribes, something similar to a WoW/Runescape private server.

Why does shit like CSGO and MOBA exist while Tribes must die?

Casuals who think those games are intense because muh cosmetics.

That match was over five years ago, dude.

Does this look like the same board it was in '11 or '12?

It was a quaint, quieter time. A pre-GG time. A time before politics and bullshit. A time when Sup Forumsirgins were Sup Forumsirgins.

We were just rubbing the dirt off our wounds after Brink.

GOTTA GO FAST

youtube.com/watch?v=_dEsp_7nStI

Also: Virallands.

>2011 Sup Forums any better

Yeah, sure. Board has been off topic for a long time. Vidya is just too mainstream compared to anime. The hobby has attracted normals since Guitar Hero and COD.

Did you miss me, boys? Your princess has returned. Briefly. Fuck those shitposters, circlejerkers and attention whores.

:0

The ebin esport shit they pulled ruined it, just proved that the game (maybe even the genre) is pretty bad for esports in general, the casting was pretty cringe and it had nothing to do with the sub par stuttering caster, the game would be bad to watch had anyone casted it.

The reason assfaggots is so popular as an esport scene is because all of the games content can be shown on one screen, no POV flick needed to see the action like they did with tribes, CSGO at least tries to integrate a third person perspective along with built in wall hacks but that also fails because top down looks much better than some slanted on the ground out of body panning of the surroundings.

Tribes would of been shit as an esport and the games casual nature didn't leave much to work towards, the sad truth is gamers need an anchor to keep them playing, a progression of sorts or a crux to keep them coming back. Tribes just didn't have that and that's inevitably why it flopped.

I won't pretend for a second that the years of
>rustles
>jimmies
>ISHIGGITY DIGGITY

Weren't full of retarded shit like the aforementioned stale-as-a-box-of-KIX memes. But it was a different time. It was pre-normie Facebook bullshit.

And Tribes? Tribes was the last time this board did anything worthwhile. GG was just a bunch of fucking drama. It was entertaining to a degree, but it destroyed this site.

T:A was it. The last time we actually had OC created from fucking video games that kept the entire board sustained.

Every year Sup Forums has claimed that it was better the years before. In 2011 everyone was saying how much better the board was in 2005 before the habbo raids. So I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, you just have a romanticized view of the board years ago.

Yeah, the years previous were better. Sup Forums has always been shit and continually getting shittier. And we've been having this same exact circlejerk conversation for fucking years.

But there's been a huge cultural shift on this board since '11 and it's fuckin' noticeable.

And in '06 after the Habbo raids, sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M

Yeah that's like the most populist opinion on Sup Forums, everything was always better before. OR maybe you're just too cynical.

What's happened of note in the last year on Sup Forums? Just because I'm a cynic doesn't mean I'm wrong.

OR maybe he's right and the board keeps getting shittier.

Was this made by the same group? The art looks really similar.
youtube.com/watch?v=w_os8HqfxHc&index=34&list=WL

I never play the game, but I miss these threads on Sup Forums.

>No more flying through the air at 300+ kph with appropriate music
youtube.com/watch?v=lbRhT9hSuWw

HIGH SPEED ZOMBIE

If you want you could factor that a huge portion of board culture spread out into the mainstream and helped in some modicum to get Trump elected. I mean if you want to move the goal posts and say pepe is not Sup Forums related or not video games then you're free to think that.

You lurk and post long enough you start experiencing less and less new shit, that's just how it goes, doesn't mean the board has or is degrading, just means you're more knowledgeable and experienced.

That's not an event that's video game related nor does it really have any bearing on how discussion is on this board. We haven't had a discussion about actual video games that resulted in video game-related OC in years.

>There are people too young to have played Tribes 2 and consider ascend a good game.

Ok, you're free to believe that.

Wasn't that only in 2012? It's not that old.
>Had a toaster back then
>Didn't get to experience Shazbot

Still sad

OP here. I played Tribes 1.

2010-2011 wasn't "good" just because you first came here around then. It's been shit since Chanology at the very least

You mean the event that brought in a massive influx of redditors and essentially made Sup Forums into the shithole that it is today?

I wish i could forget

Here you go

It was a shit hole long before then.
It's gotten worse since the GG and election with the influx of faggots that DON'T EVEN TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES.

I'd actually love to go back in time where there was heavy spam, no captcha, tripfaggots, and pokemon threads cluttering page one. At least then it was vidya related.

When Sup Forums userbase was more liberal.

When liberal didn't mean all white men should die and blacks can't be racist, sure.

It was shit sure, but it wasn't the normie infested GG not vidya bullshit sludge we have now

I miss the old Sup Forums banners and ads. The new banners are ok i guess but its a different feel.

>Sup Forums gold accounts actually exist now

Christ alive.
I was also thinking about making more captcha comics since those were always gold

Its called midair you derm spawn

>Sup Forums gold accounts actually exist now
You lyin. Seriously?

Just Sup Forums passes.
Don't forget that /vip/ exists.

Ass end was literally the worst tribes though. Even tribes vengeance was better.
T:A is cod with jetpacks, because of all the hitscan guns, pointless generators and laughable vehicles.
No strategy, no teamwork, just cowboy back capping and tiny bumps you call mountains to ski on.
Anyone that enjoyed that game is an abject fucking disgrace.

>wasn't here for it but watched the 1~ long video
>I already knew the outcome thanks to the threads but was still excited the entire time
I'm really sad I missed it, I still go in these threads whenever they pop up but I don't post in them with this one being an exception

We were apolitic as fuck.
The whole Gamergate and hate against feminazis was just a reaction against all forms of censorship because we were just slightly edgy gamers not wanting ANY politics in our games, it wasn't a question of SJWs or being Based
Nu-Sup Forums Sup Forums crossboard would be happy to censure what they think is degenerate, basically making themselves what old Sup Forums hated.

>People forgot Galo Sengen too
GO GO GO GO GO
youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M

The last time I felt joy in this hellhole was TORtanic threads.
I thought Andromeda was gonna be more of an entertaining wreck but it's identity politics shit just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I miss when things could just be shit and you weren't a racist for pointing it out.

>Pools closed
>Tortanic
>Robot unicorn attack
>TERA's Sup Forums alliance
>Wurm online and caving in our own city
>Tribes: Ascend
Have i lived a good digital life, anons?

I know reading comprehension is hard, but I said '10 - '12 were better than now. Not good. They were the death throws of this board. The last gasp for a dying website. As mentions.

Before '10 and '11, there were plenty of good times, good memes and other shit. Project Chanology was the beginning of the end for this website.

A time like mentions was still shit, but leaps and bounds better than the festering garbage heap of discussion. And I remember how garbo those days were and the devolution of discussion from even '08 to '11.

>STOP
>LIKING
>WHAT
>I
>DON'T
>LIKE

It has nothing to do with the quality of the game, and everything to do with a match that Sup Forums played. And early Tribes: Ascend wasn't THAT bad, doesn't compare to Tribes 2 but it was still pretty good.

I'll miss this game

But I also played comp and honestly, T:A fucking sucked balls hard

Fuck HiRez, fuck APC and fuck ePi.

zfz > monoesperts

>Wurm online
Hey I'm playing that with the other Sup Forums right now

Those were great times. Why did they have to go and fuck it up?

Yes. Too bad it's not something to be shared with, lets say, your children.

>because of all the hitscan guns, pointless generators and laughable vehicles.
Not in the beginning when we all played it. That's all the shit that was implemented and killed it. And the pay2win shop.

is ascend worth playing thru the bs still?

There's like 2 servers alive

No it's no, it's long been dead

Man, Ascend wasn't even that long ago fuck off with the:
>There are people who weren't here when I started posting on Sup Forums
-shit
Why do people so desperately want to be oldfags? It's not a badge of honor. It's a sign of how shit your life has been.

Heirlooms and trinkets are all you can share with your kids, memories are your own

There are people on Sup Forums right now who didn't experience 56k modem rings.

>there are people on Sup Forums who don't enjoy FUN

Jesus Christ, get the fuck out.

There are people on Sup Forums who never had to go to channel 3 to play video games.

>there are people who brag about being on this board for more than 7 years

This was 5 years ago

What the FUCK

There people on Sup Forums who never blew on a cartridge.

I was on team reddit

OP here. I bet 50 bucks that Reddit would beat Sup Forums. Seemed like the obvious choice.

I didn't pay that cocksucker.

There are people on Sup Forums who never got up to watch Saturday morning cartoons from 7 to noon with your favorite cereal

There are people on Sup Forums right now who have never torn open a floppy disk and threw the black ring inside like a frisbee.

>AA threads
>Tribes threads
>Sup Forums's own Battlefield sever, owned by moot himself.
>Dark Souls threads
>TORtanic
>The Mass Effect 3 shitstorm
>Doodle or Die
>Kid Icarus Uprising threads
>Ace of fucking Spades

I miss late 2011-early/mid 2012 Sup Forums

I kind of want to start doing Sup Forums-plays AA2 threads again, hoping it would bring some quality content to the board.

There are people on Sup Forums right now who don't know how to navigate MSDOS

>TORtanic
Don't forget this gem.

I've posted this over the years, but I still remember how fucking astounded I was when it happened. My jaw was on the floor at Bioware's fucking duplicitous shitheelery.

Sorry bro, we would have won if I stayed for the 3rd round. I'm glad Sup Forums won though, it was better to have a good 3-2 underdog comeback than a 3-0 stomp. If I knew who harbleu (a tf2 fag) was back then I would have reconsidered.

I only bet on Reddit's success because I was pretty sure the candy asses on this board could never nut up and shut up long enough to work as a team.

Why the fuck are you here if you browse Reddit?

>5 years ago
>not that old

>5 years ago isn't that long
You realize that means kids that were in 8th grade are starting college now, right? 4th graders are starting high school.

my secret club :^) I browse Sup Forums and reddit. Both are in my bookmarks bar.

youtu.be/PdLIerfXuZ4

>Wurm Online
>Got to be part of the original waves for Brotopia and Brohalla
>The mass deforestation
>The utter confusion about how to do fucking anything
>Locking Billy the Bear Wizard in his cabin with a moat of lava
>Constructing the Brolossous and having the tradition of when you actually managed to apply a brick to it, you then shouted "BRICK" and everyone in the area did that dumb cheer emote

So many fond times, and yet I can't recreate them with the new Wurm groups.
It just lacks something.

>5 years ago isn't long ago
people who were just getting their drivers licence are just now getting to legally taste liquor and beer
people who barely understood what sex was are now enlisting to fight in wars
that little virus in your girlfriends wombs is now going to kindergarden and making your life worth living for
A lot happens in half a decade user

But this is the antithesis of why there's no more organic oregano content anymore. The moment and /r9k/ fridgebro pops up, twenty screenshots are capped and uploaded to IMGUR and Reddit swarms the board to kill any fun.

didn't they do something drastic to the game fifteen months ago? Turned it into more of a tribes game or some shit. I couldn't get the damn thing to install without completely redoing windows or some fucking shit fix your fucking installer Hi-Rez goddamn you suck, but whatever I'm not mad.

My friends forced Overwatch onto my Bnet account. They make me play it. I fucking hate them, that game, and every second of my life.

Yeah, they did. But... it's just not the same. These things are temporary. Fleeting moments of internet harmony lost to the digital sands of time.

Fuck Overwatch. I can't stand that garbage. My girlfriend plays it all the time and I'm disappointed in her as a human being.

Why hasn't anyone posted this?
youtu.be/urfADUE22zA?t=1h31m57s

Will Tribes ever make a true comeback someday? Does anyone actually think that Midair will capture that same thing that Tribes got so right?

I don't. Even if it's as good as the first two games, I don't think it'll gain as much traction as Ascend did during its peak.

Imagine being such a bitter person that you legitimately think less of your girlfriend because she likes a video game that you don't. Imagine being such a worthless husk of a human being.

Unless someone picks up MidAir and spends millions of dollars in advertising, it won't go far

Yeah user, hyperbole isn't a thing.

>Midair

I hadn't even heard about this til now. Thanks, anons. You're the best.