Just finished Infamous 2. Infamous thread

Just finished Infamous 2. Infamous thread.

That game fucking sucked, just like the console it's on.

Infamous 2 was pretty gud.

Infamous 2 best in the series

So is this series dead or are we ever getting another installment from Sucker Punch? Truth be told, I think they need a different protagonist. Delsin's power sponge ability just doesnt click for me, nor does his half assed urban themed powers. Cole's electric powers were honestly the best to play around with. Also I may be the minority here, but the first game had better gameplay/story than 2. 2 however had better emotional moments with Zeke

Twice as bright

Half as long.
;_;

>So is this series dead or are we ever getting another installment from Sucker Punch?

donno. I think Second Son sold well.

I would love to see Cole back since they did leave the end of Infamous 2 with some giant lightning bolt which makes fans wonder...

The Hero route has overall the best tone for the game, but holy shit, the Infamous ending is much better.

I'm with you on the first game having better game moments. Perfectly paced imo. The traversal elements were definitely improved in the second, along with graphics & story of course.

Delsin did suck as a protagonist. The nice thing about Cole was his power set was easy to grasp and all tied together. They basically broke up aspects of the electric powers with bits from the fire/ice sets mixed in to make the smoke/neon/video sets.

1 & 2 are probably my favorite games in the past 10 years.

I really liked the first one but couldn't play the second. Gameplay felt weird.

Also, it's bullshit when the first entry in a series ends the game with a choice and the sequel forces one of the decisions to be canon.

Infamous 1 was so meh. Wasn't awful, wasn't great. Just okay at best. I got bored of it by the time it was coming to an end. I never cared to play anything after it.

> the first game had better gameplay/story than 2. 2 however had better emotional moments with Zeke

2 had the better powers and felt better controlling Cole Ice jump hnnnnnnggggggg. 1 had the better map, missions and especially bosses. 2 had better written dialogue and emotional scenes, not to mention WAAAAY better production values for cutscenes. But the overall story in 1 was better.

It's an odd series where it's very hard to choose the best because they both have strengths and weaknesses in different areas.

Lets be honest, Second Son was merely made to showcase the PS4's capabilities. Powers were unbalanced as fuck, and despite the variety, they still dont hold a candle to Cole's powers

Let's be honest, Infamous 2 Halloween standalone was the best sit ever

Infamous 2 sucked because of the shitty Louisiana setting. and because of the weird ass monsters.

>ITT we post cool powers a conduit could have.
gravity

>This post.

t.Xbot

gun

Story, you could argue. But inFAMOUS 2's gameplay is such an improvement in every way.

Anyway, Sucker Punch has been oddly quiet ever since First Light, no idea what they've been doing this whole time.

I would expect a new IP.

Vibrations/Sound. I want to run around the city throwing around shockwaves like Im fucking Herman Schultz, search for people like Daredevil's sonar, the works

Gotta have Earth Powers

>still no PS4 remaster
What the fuck is Sony doing? These are the games I actually would buy twice

Magnetism

electricity

we had concret in second son. How would you change that to feel different?

Can we talk about how shitty and nonsensical Video powers are?

Aren't they the ones doing Spider-Man right now?

Shut the fuck up fag

all of them in SS were extremly stupid and bullshitty. Execpt for smoke, that was just normal stupid.

No, that's Insomniac.

Video was pretty bad in comparison to Neon and Smoke, but the invisibility+melee combo got me out of a lot of sticky situations.

I dont know whats worse, the fact that they're so bullshit/nonsensical, or that a turbovirgin has them for a power

Always get them confused for some reason.

you should play prototype 1 next op, it ramps up the combat and open world shenanigans that are possible to a much higher degree

Speaking of which, when the fuck are we getting info on that? It has good potential considering its not tied to a movie, but it all hinges on what web swinging mechanic is implemented. If its that quicktime shit like in the Amazing games, or moon swinging, Im out. If it brings back the glory of SM2, then I want a shit ton of costumes and good villain variety

Concrete fucking sucked, you could only absorb it from baddies and you got it at the literal ending

Probably because Insomniac didn't do an open-world superhero game and Sucker Punch did three times.

>a video game in the year 2014 has the most stereotypical video game obsessed nerd loser as a main character
>he even makes "the bullies" pay

i know, but i meant the playstyle and how would you change it's flaws?

Prototype is only fun when you bullshit around the city doing nothing but mayhem, otherwise the game is shit
>Story is crap
>Get hit by missiles every 3 seconds
>Stealth is shit, especially with those bio-detectors
>Side missions are not worth the time

Which wouldn't be too bad except there's fuck-all to do in the end game. Game should just end like a Zelda when you beat the last boss

Never, it seems.

I wouldn't doubt it if they're trying to get the guy who did the SM2/3 swinging to work on it.

>I wouldn't doubt it if they're trying to get the guy who did the SM2/3 swinging to work on it.
Well he did sneak in and program it into SM2 for free, he'd probly do it for money

R.I.P Cole

Would've made more sense to have given it at the end of the first Augustine fight. Giving at least some playtime in the story to use the damn thing.

>Tfw 2 was my first platinum because one killed my interest because of it's godawful final achievement
I still love both the games but I'm not sure I could ever go back. I haven't played second son because I heard it was just a tech demo. And the character looks too much like donte.

He also has that retarded game up on Steam. I'm sure that would hold it back.

bump

good thing the mayhem is great. also, you shouldnt be getting hit by missiles much, air dash outmaneuvers them. stealth is very very useful, just less in bases, which are a small part of the world. destroy them outside of the bases and go in. id say side missions do give good rewards, because you have SO many moves to unlock with those points that you really need the boost

Confirmed for this year

I gotta try
I know
PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS
FUCK

i liked the fact that you had to shot him several times.

You are cancer

Half as long.
Twice as bright.

I was too much of a moral fag and choose the Ice powers over fire. I just can't see myself burning and hurting civilians. Nix was thicc girl tho.

Felt SO good killing that dickless faggot zeke

Anyone else get a warm feeling near the end of the hero campaign when the militia starting helping and cheering for you?
>"Go get'em electric man!"

They really should have continued the series based off the evil ending. The whole evil playthrough had such a better story and impact overall, instead of the generic "good guy dies to save everyone" shit.

Ice powers were worth it solely for Ice Launch.

I liked that in the first game if you go evil, the first boss will later help you and send goons to assist you also. Never got far into part 2 though.

Nah

going from Infamous 1 to Infamous 2 is like going from black and white to color film

Shit was so cash.

I like the way you think user

You know how Transients could draw metals to their bodies and the like?
That, but with living creatures.

I have several concerns of the ethical nature of this power. But at the same time,
>Wanna jump across a major city-street
>Jump halfway
>And use Power to fling a dog up for me to bounce off of, crushing it and propelling myself the rest of the way

>playing infamous 2
>conflicted, because nix is hot and hate kuo
>choose ice anyways because I'm a good goy
>kuo betrays you and you get the best girl at the end

how the fuck did they know

This is giving me Super Mario World flashbacks.

Infamous 2 is so much better than 1, anyone who says otherwise has sequel-hate syndrome where a sequel is just irrationally worse. Setting is better, gameplay is WAY better. You can argue that the story in 1 was better, but as a video game, 2 was way better mechanically.

dunno man. maybe you can try discuss how non-sensical is x-men in Sup Forums.

hardest choice of the game.
both exotic pussy and only one.

why won't they allow both ??

Story in 1 definitely wasn't better

Man I wish Second Son was better. It has a strong foundation but it clearly suffered from the deadlines associated with being a launch window title.

I don't think anyone has tried to argue that? Have they?

I think it suffered mostly from them trying to make the game a tech demo
That's why they included 4 different types of powers, after all. If they had only included smoke and completely refined it, the game would've been great
I just hope they go back to lightning for whatever they do next, that's clearly the most fun power to play with

How good is it? I finished Infamous a while back on a friend's PS3 and loved it, but I didn't have time to play the second one

I preferred the theme, story, look, and city of the first one.

But gameplay 2 is way better.

Can't play second son because since PS3 I became a PC player, looking forward to emulating it in 5 years but I always thought the game looked more streamlined and simplified like ME 1 to 2 but sometimes that can make it better like ME imo.

the second one is a good example of how to make a sequel. But i wished you could play with the evil end as canon.

holy shit that'd be amazing

I was fine with the multiple powers but they should have been more distinct and designed to be used together instead of essentially the same basic set four times over that you toggle between.

Also the story could have used some work. Concrete Lady sticking Delsin's tribe full of concrete shards and leaving them to slowly die as a contrivance to get Delsin to go after her doesn't make a ton of sense.

I liked that 1 actually necessitated taking cover if you wanted to live

in 2 I don't think I took cover a single time even on hard

infact I cant recall if cover was a mechanic that returned in 2 at all

Infamous 2 was just a straight improvement on everything from the first. Tighter gameplay with more exciting powers, good continuation from the story with the added bonus that moral choices matter a lot more now and actually lead to different endings instead of just the same ending with a blue/red tint over the screen

What the hell is Sucker Punch even doing these days? They haven't made a peep since First Light.

Rumor is they're supposed to be showing a new IP at E3 this year.

Sweet, I hope I'll get a chance to play it

>Best part of his character design
File name related.

did that sly movie come out yet

It's great.

Graphics and production value got way better (cutscenes sent just two people standing and talking, they now have camera angles and body language). Gameplay is better, more powers, more movement options (the Ice Launch is literal sex) and it all feels really good.

Enemy variety is about the same, but factions are less interesting. I liked the South African mercs who all got ice powers because they looked cool and had sweet voices, but the militia were just boring guys with guns. Monsters were alright to fight.

Story is mixed, it doesn't have the simple hook of Infamous 1 and some stuff gets needlessly convoluted. But the character interactions are much, much better. Zeke went from an annoying comic relief to someone you actually care deeply for.

City design isn't as memorable as Infamous 1 and boss fights are garbo, which is a shame because the fights in 1 were half decent and Kessler was actually a great final boss.

Nope not yet, i'm hoping it's better than Ratchet and Clank. Honestly if I wasn't a fan of Ratchet and Clank I wouldn't like it nearly as much as I did.

I'd buy a ps4 if they made another one.

It was canceled after Ratchet and Clank flopped.

Maybe not officially canceled but delayed indefinetly. Reminder that the uncharted movie has been in production for 6 years now and hasn't even cast anyone.

Huh actually didn't know that. I could have sword it was slated for 2017 but looking into it I was wrong and it was for 2016 then pushed back with the only comment reaming being "that the film will not likely release until after 2017." from Rainmaker Animation.

Uncharted on the other hand I don't know about because I didn't care to follow it but it could just be on the backburner, kinda how there were always rumors off Assassin's Creed making a movie for fucking forever with little to no proof.

Name a better Bro in gaming
Protip you can't

Garrus.

why is second son so shit?

As nice as it would be to see the original get some improved resolution and animation, that's about all it would get. I'd much rather see a remake of the first game with the graphical prowess of the third (but still more stylized with the characters than the pseudo realism Second Son had), maybe with a reworked morality system so the Good/Evil paths felt even more distinct.

Water, with ice bonuses

>generic plot
>powers were there to show of the power of the console
>boring world
there

Story in the first game was just fine, even if too much was left to the web of intrigue.

Second game was dildos with the whole "Let's make the original MC evil because he got NTR'd by some random bitch"