ITT: Bullshit things blocking the path in games

ITT: Bullshit things blocking the path in games.

Oi cunt, watch me catch this Rattata

Someone post that webm about the guy blocking a road and someone justs walks by.

These games were great, but this is just blatant laziness.

i dunno it's better than
>You cannot go any further
>invisable walls
>nothing here except all this interesting shit you can visably see

NPCs blocking paths isn't so offensive.

Spongebob use to be so good, god they fucking ruined it

That thirsty guy in 1st gen

All bosses, boss fights are nothing but a design flaw for games that can't do anything else good. They are just worthless padding, I shouldn't be prevented from going somewhere or exploring or seeing the end of the game by a boss fight that I can't beat that is pointless, video games are about seeing things not skill. BotW is the only game that does boss fights right because I can still do whatever I want and see a bunch of cool stuff like trees and water, that is an amazing game. Then you have bullshit like dark souls where you can't even play the game until you beat a bigass boss that does half your health in one swing.

This was a good joke though

friendly reminder that your Breath of Fire 3 party would rather barely survive crossing a vast and lifeless desert that squeeze by that crate

This was fun.

The blockades in X/Y were fucking horseshit, though.

>NPCs walk by these guys no problem.

It happens with any show going on for that long. Writers can't make a show great forever.

You should like you're genuinely bad at video games and should just be watching let's plays.

Some games are defined by boss fights like Metal Gear Solid and Shadow of the Colossus.

Spongebob is like that one dog that its owner doesn't want to put down, yet everyone can see it's just begging to be euthanized.

Yesss I love shit like this

the team changed somewhere in season 3 so the quality dropped into a nickel and dime-elodean cash cow that offends nothing and challenges nothing.

>blackout
>all the lights are on

>Blackout
>Lights still turned on ahead

Kekked

>So I heard you liked boss battles so we put boss battle after boss battle til death

>the Viridian old man who doesn't let you pass
>the pewter kid who kept bringing you back to the gym
>the Sinnoh block where the fat guy says the town is going through a blackout that lasts half of the game
>also the pissed of psyducks
>that one city with not one but TWO retarded blocks

Also the HM fuckery, why are pokémon games so fucking shit when it comes to cockblocking the player?

*blocks your evening activities*

they are simplistic JRPGs that function very similar to those Dragon Quest games. basically it's archaic design at this point and Pokemon needs a Breath of the Wild-ing.

Sun/Moon had the worst blocks in recent memory.

>moon jumps over him with gameshark

>woah man my stoutlands looking for shit!
>come back after the next trial
>woah man my stoutlands still looking for shit!
>nothing past him that would break the game if you got it early

GF has some of the most blatant roadblocks

By following this pattern they're just going to get worse with every new Pokemon game.

>I dont know why but you cant pass

you know you don't need a gameshark to skip Mido anyway. game is that broke.

>Only two heart containers

>Pokemon needs a Breath of the Wild-ing
disgusting

>old game with design flaws stuck in the 80s doesn't need to go full revamp into the modern era

cute, just like a nu-male from /vp/

Doesn't she fall in love with her brother?
I might buy the game depending on your answer user.

all the dungeons during tethella were fucking awful

You forgot

>you can't enter this gym until you go sightseeing
>you can't go to ice cave buy my candybars by the way go sightseeing
>i'm training these wailmer fuck off
>i'm sketching these footprints fuck off
>i'm thirsty fuck off
>you didn't talk to lillie fuck off
>you didn't beat the e4 fuck off
>you didn't see every mon in the dex fuck off

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so fucking common

Yes
they're not blood-related

That one was fine because it's clearly a parody.
The Lumiose City one with the "power outage" was absolutely unacceptable though

>diverse as fuck
>road blocks aren't as common or blatant
>non linear routes and gyms
>god tier dex that doesn't just copy or gets overshadowed by Kanto wank
>tons of shit to explore before postgame
Hoenn wins again

Except very few DQ games have roadblocks like that. Shit, the first one has an optional boss and three endings.

And like, no event flags.

Breath of the Wild wasn't a full revamp into the modern era, it was the series actually going back to it's roots

>Pokémon needs a Breath of the Wild-ing

I kind of agree, I hate how restricted I felt in Sun/Moon

Cheers. The fact they're not blood-related is something I actually like better.

How can people be so fucking stupid

>dude I'm a petrified person that can't just be shoved over lmao you need a rare item to heal me then kill me

Or just, like, hang down from the edge.
How high is that even? 2m? 2.5m at most?

Why is this the most anime shitty japanese cliche thing ever? i hate it.

It's almost the "5000 years old loli" tier of crap.

>you didn't see every mon in the dex fuck off
Or worse, locked behind dead online feature

It's usually a translation team cliche.

Fallout in general is retarded

>can survive a nuke blowing up a stone's throw away but can't get through a locked wooden door

The original staff started focusing on the first movie mid season 3 and after that was done and released, pretty much everyone ditched.

People often joke about Pokemon, but the moment (in BW2) they do let you run free down the path in OPs picture. The Pokemon in that route suddenly become severely underleveled depending on what route you visit first.

>ants block your path

Last time I checked, Breath of the Wild didn't take place in a small, carefully crafted map but rather in a bloated Ubisoft mess. This "Zelda 1 is nonlinear and therefore the same as a modern open world game" meme needs to end.

FUCK

You're talking about the game series that sacrificed framerate and smooth combat for auto aim you do realize?

>people post pictures for ants

In the nost recent seasons since sponge out of water it's gotten good again imho

I'm not sure what your point is or how that makes "BotW is like Zelda 1" any less false.

This is based on that one bait that journalist posted I bet. Can't even come up with your own bait.

>diverse as fuck

4-5 pokemon make up like 70% of all encounters

I don't expect you to be logical

It's big but it is carefully crafted

i meant the enviroments, from Slateport foward each land route has something going on, i like that

Both gen 3 and 4 lack in variety of mon but their regions are still on top of the list.

I mean you're not wrong at all. But gen 6 felt like a cheap romhack just shoving pokemon in locations they didn't belong.

Alola was absolutely garbage about this. I don't want to see Hoenn's other regional bird ever again, but it's on like 20+ damned routes

Play Zelda 1 then come back.

Gen 3 was clearly rushed. When nearly every gen 3 pokemon is basically based off of an existing gen 1 pokemon you need 150+ new ones or the region will feel barren. I don't think we'll ever see a region ever again that has enough new pokemon and enough new locations to go along with it ever again

What were they thinking?

Even then, Zelda 1 pioneered. There's been dozen of 2d zelda games afterwards and none of them took a step back.

>Last time I checked, Breath of the Wild didn't take place in a small, carefully crafted map
You should check it again.

At least you childish faggots still have Barney and friends.

What is more childish than acting out for attention

J U S T
U
S
T

>Party consists of superhumans that can punch apart building sized monsters
>Tiny little boulder blocks their path and they need to find a convoluted way to bypass it
Enough with this shit.

Sounds more like you're talking about Gen V - Gen III Pokemon felt pretty distinct for the most part.

Posting a reply isn't acting out, kiddy-diddler.

No I'm talking about gen 3. There's an image out there comparing several of them.

You watch kids cartoons. You don't get to school anyone on levels of childishness.

Fuck off Lee

>not making up any reason under the sun to spend your time with your bros saving the world.
Its like you want to go back to being a dirt farmer.

The only ones that really immediately comes to is Lairon/Aggron being extremely similar to Rhyhorn/Rhydon to the point of looking like a reskin, and the butterfly/moth Pokemon I don't even remember the names of.

>finally reach victory road
>can't bring the entire team because it requires HM moves to advance
>need to replace one or two team members with HM slaves to proceed

well obviously they're different enough, but they still have some similarities that are almost certainly done purposefully. I'm not trying to turn this into a gen war or anything.

>tfw the next game will probably have hm's again because gf is run by some of the most incompetent fucks on earth

It's pretty blatant when Mona stops you from doing shit, since it only comes up when you visit the Metaverse or during one of the 1-2 week dungeon arc setup periods.

I don't really see how anyone would be bothered by this unless you had abysmal pattern recognition.

Don't shit on my boy Aggron.

someone post that pic about motherfucking aggron

I think it's much better design than Rhydon, but that's part of the problem I guess, it looks like the designers just improved a previous mediocre design rather than starting from scratch.

>Wahhhh!
Who's lee?

Its on the same tier as not being able to kill essential NPCs. I don't care if it will make my run less than optimal or if it'll no-win my playthrough, let me play the role of my character. I WANT to go do stuff when I want.

Its just a bad form style of idiot proofing your game.

Kuon is full of this shit
>Tiny 1 ft decorative screen you can just move away or walk over blocking a corridor
>Collapsed 4 ft stone lantern blocking a wide street when you can just walk through the little rubble it makes
>The girls can shoot fire from their hands and summon demons but they can't walk through a simple curtain or move away a tea table to proceed
It's a great game but it's retarded at time

Honestly a Pokemon game where you start in the middle of the region and can just go do whatever you want would be incredible
I imagine the trainers would scale, so if you fought a certain gym leader first he'd have two Pokemon at Level 15 or something, but if you fought him eighth then he would have a full team of Level 50s or something

>Better design that rhydon
Nigger, I'll cut you open